Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KiKiGee

VIP Member
1714924218077.png

have-you-ever-been-addicted-to-drugs-moira-rose.gif

yO9eoRNKoJx9vyy8PKsxjnuA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

the real tartuffe
49 minutes ago
I'm very surprised by the comments today. I have full faith in Stephanie's decisions as chatelaine of HER chateau. She has meticulously restored Lalande over the past 18 years and is presently working on numerous projects with the finest advisors, experts, and workmen available anywhere. The chapel is one of the most beautiful and significant examples of French gothic revival architecture and rightly should be considered a national monument. This restoration has been made possible by the vision, foresight, planning, and largesse of just one person: Stephanie Jarvis. With wonderful Philip at her side, she is carefully building up and curating the chateau's collections. With this comes the responsibility of caring for these collections and, in this case, necessarily moving them to accommodate ongoing restoration. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, as the English say. Philip is the consummate researcher and project manager; and a rock of support--both professionally and personally--to Stephanie. He will have investigated every possible option to ensure the protection of these items and, no doubt, negotiated the best price for the long term rental of the storage units for the next two to three years. Stephanie and Philip: I support you! ❤❤❤

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 56

graciemckitten

VIP Member
The police report from 1986, the night the Chaumont burnt down. Updated comments,

@Noneya-xz2wg
5 days ago
Your friend reminds me of this quote - "A narcissist is a con artist. They will sell you a dream to deliver you a living nightmare"

Stephanie aka mire I’ll e
@mireille4751
12 days ago
Stéphanie is a very good gardener as well, although probably less passionate than her mother. She planted 3000 plants in her garden at Chateau de Lalande

@nosunshine1609
10 days ago
I was a Patreon for about 2 yrs, higher tier. I asked one question in 2 years, was attacked by Caroline Gooder, which we all know is one of them, so I cancelled my membership and stopped watching her. If you have nothing to hide, why to delete and ban everyone that asks a question?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

KiKiGee

VIP Member
Sorry, I don't have the nerve to watch the latest CD videos because reading here is already stressing me out, so please explain to me:
Why is Fanny moving all these things into containers? What is the reason and why exactly for two years?
Because Chateau de Lalande has been red flagged by the proper building authorities. The heap in the middle of nowhere is not structurally sound. Stephanie Jarvis is now under a microscope and not just here. She will need more than two years to fix her problems.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
Nobody asked, but this is getting beyond a joke. The hoarding is an illness. She needs to rationalise. She has no idea. Who lives in a few rooms of a chateau and fills THE OUTSIDE SPACE with containers to keep their rubbish? FFS. You don't need any book - keep valuable books, interesting books, readable books, sure but decide on a number and keep to that. Then operate a one in one out system - and yes - keep what you really want to read on a Kindle. Next: Some decorative china allowed. One large matching service for all meals, except breakfast, where you can have a different set. Plus a second service. Then, in storage, keep a set of 60 white plates, bowls, cups etc for patreon days or celebratory days and cutlery and glasses. If you are ever having more guests than that, hire stuff. Strictly - no more than that. Clothing: Throw out most things you own and get wardrobe advisor to advise on what you reasonable need for one year taking into account your lifestyle. Ditto shoes, accessories and jewellery in a range of colours that suit you. Stick to what you have. Furnishings: Only buy for rooms once all decorating is finished and complete. Get an interior designer to advise you WHEN THE ROOM IS READY - you have no taste - or even just someone with taste to advise - no Phillip not you. Garden: Future proof your garden now - all design should be based on minimum future upkeep so you can afford to stay there and not turn into Miss Haversham. Finally: When you run out of stars in the chapel - just keep selling stars in the sky. That way you won't have to keep up with all those pesky visitors demanding to come and see their stars - you can just tell them they can admire them from their own back gardens. Finally, finally - find something more interesting to vlog about than moving books from the car boots to the Grand Salon to bookcases in corridors, to attic and back down the stairs and out to containers. It is bloody ridiculous. Finally, finally, finally - make Ruby an indoor, much loved, stroked and well fed cat. Thanks. Ruby.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Tartuffe

Chatty Member
What an ugly cake! Who puts lemon slices on a cake? I don't know why Marie looks so proud to be presenting this mess, I'd be embarrassed.
Before it's deleted from the CD comments:

@lindablackmore
4 minutes ago (edited)
You know! It wouldn't have killed Stefanie to have gone out and bought Marie a beautiful birthday cake and put candles on it, especially with all the hard work she does cooking, dog sitting and cleaning! Instead of having Annalise bake one that still looked gross! And no unwrapping gifts for Marie? I'm NOT apologizing for this comment either!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

Abuela

Chatty Member
Let me get this straight... years ago books crowding a hallway were moved unboxed to the barn by a old wagon or oxcart where they rot away and now they've rented containers to house more books & china for several years she said. They are also putting the paneling from the grand salon which Amaury made a fuss about saying how important it was acclimatize the panels in the house before installation. So the paneling will be too moist or warped to install, the books will be damp & moldy (surely causing allergy prone Snorts to have an asthma attack).Plus she snuck in the fact she has ordered more paneling as well. If we didn't know already that she was bonkers,
we know it now!

• Heart
  • Haha

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
Stephanie trying to do some damage control. Looks like they are getting worried.I think the gruesome twosome are stunned by the amount of negative comments today. They cannot delte all of them quickly,
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮❤

carolinegooder7091
6 minutes ago
Can Andie use the old chairs or the Lady of the Chateau family store anything for you

@lizarce272
2 minutes ago (edited)
Stephanie You are a book hoarder ( you can donate one for one when you get another) Don’t complain to Phillip about porcelain anymore, we all now know

@carenvisser607
6 minutes ago
I've noticed of late that we don't see Phillip anymore. He was everywhere..... Now nowhere. Not even in today's episode.

dorothywonderbread7480
4 minutes ago
Do NOT store either panels or books in those containers, storage for such things HAVE to be climate controlled or they’ll come out ruined.
Stephanie . . . don't listen to these people. Stuff as much as you can into these containers. I want to see all the contents ruined. It's what you deserve. Do it Stephanie, DO IT.

• Haha
  • Heart

Rory

VIP Member
I think we could help with the patron day by creating a treasure map of key La La moments, memories and mysteries. What would you add to the map. I’ll start:
1. Locate the shipping containers and open the doors
2. Spy the red van, red jaguar, the fiesta on the tennis court
3. Walk the road outside La La and identify the species of dangerously overhanging dead trees Nick warned her about
4. Count the shutters without shutter dogs
5. Marvel at how no one was killed by the falling stonework on the roof of Nick’s apt
6. Turn the taps in the downstairs bathroom to see if water is connected
7. Find the chickens
8. Place your hands on the back corridor walls - feel for damp
9. Marvel at the non working boilers for the heating
10. Trace your fingers over the dust imprints of Amaury’s long gone tools
11. Count the boobies in Derek Jarvis paintings
12. Peep through the windows of Ye Old Shoppe and spy the items you sent
13. Check the beds for the new sheets and the guest bathrooms for the new large towels
14. Knock the Ardmore vase off the sideboard
15. Leave your input on the chateau by colouring in the gaps in wallpaper with crayons

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

ComtesseRose

VIP Member
From the Gibbons FB page after a post about the Pethericks. She's one Old Trout.

Hello folks in relation to a post written by Wendy Grimwood, & now removed by her, it was me who approved Wendy's post, it was also me who created the rules. I am very aware that we do not permit any Petherick related content in the group, that was a rule based on my personal experience, water well passed under the bridge & a matter that does not require further debate. That said I like to think I am a fair person, & I do believe Billy Petherick is an excellent video producer & he has & does execute some lovely restoration work. Hence why I approved Wendy's post. Not without thought I might add, the approval did take a few days. I certainly did not approve it for someone to crucify his character, Amy Sky. Every vlogger has a different style, some we like others we don't. That does not mean they are not good at what they do, it means we do not like their style. Indeed Dan leaves the camera rolling too....also some people are more comfortable in front of a camera than others, & Billy has achieved a lot in his projects as has Dan. Whilst I believe it is very important to have constructive criticism, as I have said before, it gives the content creators an insight into what type of material their audience prefers. However, this group is not the platform to refer to anyone as clowns, Susanne Petersen, unless they are performers in the circus! Stephanie & Philip are not clowns, if you do not enjoy what the channel is creating disconnect. Amanda Maxwell Lightfoot I note you actually clicked on the heart emoji, so you are clearly thrilled by what Susanne wrote. Amanda, Stephanie's vlog, is a diary of her life, her life as she chooses to lead it, not as others think or would like to dictate she did. Indeed she will do things differently than some, but it is her choice, not yours or mine. I certainly would approach some projects from a different angle, as I am very sure if she was in control of my life she would make different decisions. There is the point, we are not in control of her life, nor should we be. This group is very well supported by Stephanie & her family, how hurtfull do you think it is for them to read such comments in a group that is supposed to be for her supporters?....with friends like that she won't need many enemies! There is NO place in this group for hateful comments, comments which the author knows will cause upset not only to their topic but to other members, the same as there is NO place here for other members who give support to such comments by liking them. Whilst I appreciate members informing me there may be a post or comment in the group that is causing concern, I do not take lightly when members start to chastise other members & start a lot of dialogue. This only fuels the fire & causes more damage than the post/comment itself. We do not require anyone to be a vigilante in this group. Wendy was bullied by your comments into removing her post, that is wrong. Also keep in mind as I have said before, there will be negative comments about Stephanie, that is fine, as long as it is in relation to vlog content, style of vlogs etc...& not of a personal or hateful nature. We cannot devour anyone who makes a negative comment..they don't like a vase..they don't like curtains etc...that is silly, members are entitled to their opinions, we must respect that. There will be members who will have their membership revoked this evening, if after reading this post they haven't left freely.
I hope this clarifies Admin's position on these matters.
All rise for the honourable Saint Brenda of Donegal. For she has now spoken. 😂😂😂
Family Portrait.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

KiKiGee

VIP Member
200w.gif

1715000358579.png
1715000370432.png

Oliver 2.png

kellyjoyce93
2 hours ago
Bravo the orange fence is gone!! Or should I say moved. The courtyard doesn't look any different. What was wrong/ repaired? It is very wise to have all the stone blocks checked and repointed if need be. With no mortar it could be what is causing the leaks.

Nate heating co.jpg

kellyjoyce93
2 hours ago
The containers and the Chateau have no heat. Everyone is freaking out about the books and paneling, but not worried about the people living in this environment. Easy fix!!! Finish that beautiful heating system!!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

graciemckitten

VIP Member
How many storage units does the hoarder have? Where else can you remember her storing her crap?
  • She’s never done a video of her storage units in London. How many units does she actually have?
  • She has locked closets at her London flat that are stuffed full of clothing and possessions
  • She left a craplad of clothing and positions at Pottie’s Amsterdam flat for over a decade+
  • She has locked closets at the South African beach house, stuffed with her clothing and possessions.
  • She has so many clothes at the dump that the railing in her closet has broken several times
  • The outbuildings at the dump are stuffed full of her crap
  • Narnia is stuffed full of crap. How many armoires has she Purchased a hold of crap in the attic?
  • Various bedrooms at the dump have closets and furniture stuffed full of her clothes and crap. Call when she was up in one of the servants bedrooms, they were still boatloads of deceased Daddy Derek clothing stuffed in the bedrooms.
  • She has so many items and crap, but she has no idea what she actually owns. She keeps old, useless, nasty junk stuffed in the outbuildings instead of getting rid of it. Remember when Dick Strawbridge came to the dump to help her with her pizza oven and heating and told her to throw away a lot of her old heating crap, etc.?
  • The attic is so stuffed with crap that she has dozens of drapes thrown over the railings outside of the attic door, slowly rotting away
  • Remember that Stephanie never likes to throw anything away. Recall a couple years ago when she and Pottie “ decluttered” a portion of one of the attics is, Stephanie refused to throw the majority of the items way, insisting upon keeping a decades-old, moldy facial steamer?
  • How many bedrooms at the Dump are just filled up with her clothing and books?
  • Snorts has taken over and cluttered every surface at the dump. Every windowsill is filled up with porcelain, books, or auction crap. Every table surface in every room is filled with crap. Every outbuilding is filled with crap. Do you remember when Amaury had to clean out an outbuilding that was filled from the floor to the rafters with old Amazon boxes, pizza boxes, trash, and junk? Within weeks after clearing it all out, Stephanie already filled it back up again.
  • I wish someone would fly a drone over the property so all of her personal storage units and vehicles/equipment could be documented.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44