The Chateau Diaries #304 Grifting from grannies is not an honest living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Click to watch Stephanie bullshit about Marie’s meal, declaring “ it is like being a super swanky restaurant every single weekend with you.” Still trying to justify that excessive €75 charge per diner Stephanie? Stephanie certainly looks swanky wandering around the dump with a dirty napkin. attached to a necklace. We will never see the necklace napkin holder again after this video.

Looks like Grant knows he has to fend for himself if he wants to eat decently at the dump and is ordered in a barbecue grill so he can grill steaks and other meats for himself and his daughter.

---
Click and watch 15 seconds of Dump side piece Grant kissing Stephanie’s ass by talking about how she was cracking the whip to make him work. It was only going to receive bread and butter for supper.

she was up
7:20
there working I was cracking the whip
7:23
she stood to stretch and rest her back
7:25
and went
7:26
o back at it if you want to get bread
7:29
and butter tonight you better keep
7:31
working he's going to have this shatter
7:32
in shape in no time I like that and it's
7:35
good thing you're staying so long cuz
7:36
then we have a real
7:39
chub yes

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
It makes you realize that if someone who pays €75 for a meal at the Dump receives such a minuscule amount of food for that price, that the stories the volunteers told about being allotted tiny, tiny cheap portions of food meals and watching Percy and Mummy argue about whether a volunteer could receive a single thin slice of ham are all true. Do you remember when Stephanie gave some visiting guests one or two Scotch eggs for them to share? She is selfish and miserly with everyone in this world, except herself. Recall that Marie had to personally purchase items for the bed-and-breakfast, because Stephanie would not buy certain foods that were necessary. Marie has to individually store and label all of her own personal food Which we have seen Stephanie inspect on camera to make sure that it is definitely food that Marie paid for and not food that belongs to the dump
The Scotch egg vlog- Fanny was pretty soused (she had been drinking) and decided to make Scotch eggs (and not much of anything else.) This was when the Rosieres came to visit. Amy and Marc arrived at night, looking exhausted and hungry, and were given two eggs total to share with the children. That was a really strange vlog- almost as strange as the one a few weeks prior where Snorts and Fanny went to visit Amy and Marc (the messy house vlog), picked asparagus from the garden, and that was pretty much what was shown for dinner. They are all a really odd lot!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Click to watch snarky Stephanie mock Marie’s clothes shopping expedition.

Marie’s face as Stephanie claims that Marie has been “ on a haul” shopping.Good times at the Dump.,During this time, you will see both of them ignore Ratso’s attempts to get them to let him outside to pee. Ratso barks at 8:24, 8:41 he starts whining, 8:45 he is pleading to go outside, 8:58 begging to go outside, 9:42, Stephanie remarks about Ratso:”someone's looking a bit anxious” At 9:45, Marie finally asks Ratso, “ do you want to go outside” as the dog ” races” out the door to pee.

Stephanie make the snarky remark in the kitchen:

9:05
we're lucky we're in the middle of
9:06
nowhere stuff gets delivered like
9:07
lightning

87B3816C-0A01-4FA3-AD13-F7845E222705.png

FE76CB7D-ABD9-4744-A89A-A4EDCA8828D2.png
FD56C499-D31A-4867-839B-A35BD33F042A.png

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Mireille- To admire, to look.
Even when Stephanie Jarvis is peddling her lies under an assumed name, her ego can't let go. Sad.

• Heart
  • Haha
Why wouldn't he be included in the meal with the guests? If anything he adds humour and conversation!
Because Fanny would charge Grant & his daughter 150 Euro each night. Grant's going to purchase his own food and cook tasty, real meals on the BBQ every night that actually fill a dinner plate. No minuscule portions of sorel soup, pea shoots, 3 radishes, and 1 asparagus spear for Grant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Meanwhile at Chateau de Purnon, they are making incredible progress on the exterior, a shower room and are having the electrics, plumbing and heating components installed. This is what happens when one has an actual PLAN and a course of action for their plan. Things are done in the proper order and correctly.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Multi millionaire, Stephanie is so cheap that she will not replace the old nasty broken grate in the outdoor grill so Grant had to order and pay for a new grate to install on the old barbecue grill next to the kitchen. Stephanie has no embarrassment or shame at the pathetic state of the grill. Remember when Potts fled the Dump after the Boxing Day barbecue and left the filthy grill and his bbq mess at the dump for others to clean up, as well as leaving a speeding ticket that he wanted Ñutty to pay for him?

The grill is filthy and was not cleaned after.Pottie’s Boxing Day barbecue or ever. Typical holiday from hygiene Dump filth. such a dirty group of people. Stephanie claims that the new grifted grate is “ swanky“ ( she must have been reading her word of the day calendar again).

Stephanie has no shame from grifting off of every person that enters her life. She is shameless.

Click to watch Marie complain that someone forgot the poo bags. Who believes that any of the lazy Dump crew members clean up Ratso’s poop in the courtyard or yard at the Dump? have we ever seen Marie with a Ratso poo bag before? Stephanie gives a smart ass snarky reply.

Marie:
10:03
someone forgotten the Poo bags over here

Stephanie snarkily replies:
uh I haven't. I didn't poo over there. I
10:10
didn't know. it wasn't you grant ?no I
10:13
thought about it…..

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Good Luck Grahnt!! Never ever works on the truly ill
He knew he'd hit a roadblock when he said to her, you want me to box this up but not this and this.
Having a 'collector' for a father, Grant knows a hoarder when he sees one.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Did you notice that there was a wire basket of ground chicken eggs on the kitchen table in the video? Did the eggs come from Kirstie or are they planning a reveal of chickens reinstated at the dump And with no explanation as to their disappearance?
Ground egg shells are used to add calcium to soil in the garden.

What the hell !!!!?????
He went all that way to France to help a lazy old cow to declutter her ruin of a farmhouse !
I bet he never put the bins out for his wife and helped around His Home!!! :mad:
Looking at his back garden, pool area and the back of their house, I think Grant would be very house proud.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
An Aussi bloke from the bush at the table with conservative Middle Europeans?

View attachment 2915719
Some people stereotypically call anywhere in the country 'the bush'. Bathurst is not 'bush'. It is a city with extremely rich farmland, the other side of the Great Divide and only about two hours north west of Sydney. It is steeped in history and has a gold rush heritage.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Click to watch about 15 seconds of Stephanie pretending to be “ cutesy” by repeatedly, scraping her unwashed huge man sized fingers across a scraper scooping up as much custard if she could eat WIsn’t she the cutest greedy little 50-year-old orphan princess in the world? She then disingenuously love bombs Marie by declaring that it “tastes like the paaaaaaaaaaaaaaarfect patisserie custard.” She then further tries to be cutesy by asking to try a bit more custard, just to check. Double check ” Isn’t she precious? She loudly
moans, “ Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm………..” as she scrapes more custard off the scraper.

At least she spared viewers and didn’t smear the custard all over her face this time, like she did with her scripted “cutesy” chocolate mess at the kitchen sink.

---
Ground egg shells are used to add calcium to soil in the garden.

Looking at his back garden, pool area and the back of their house, I think Grant would be very house proud.
Sorry autocorrect on iPad changed brown to ground! I have no idea why.
---
Are you saying that the chateau is full of crap?
Yes, as well is the 3 co owners. They are all full of crap too.
---
rhondadejean
3 minutes ago (edited)
to throw away a grill was so stupid, i like watching yall but sometimes you do dumb stuff

@cynthiaduquette4677
4 minutes ago
I too fear the containers may damage books and paneling stored long-term (unless they have some sort of climate-control mechanism)...

@margarethouston8998
4 minutes ago
You don’t have proper storage. You have metal containers that will ruin everything. That’s why people use climate control storage.

listening500
6 minutes ago
I agree the books in the loft were ok there. The new books maybe should have been put up there. Not in a container. They will get mouldy.

@natasha1369
7 minutes ago (edited)
Need plastic bins to put books in and those little sashays companies used to take dampness out when they box stuff. Your asking for bugs with cardboard.

chantellvondrasek1027
8 minutes ago
Please store the books in the chateau. I learned the hard way and had to throw out so many books and paper goods. I had a sea container the same as you have Please don't store them in there

@andreacatzel8259
10 minutes ago
Dear Steph. Please see and hear all the concerns of your subscribers.. the containers are not the way to store precious furniture, panels and books. Please rethink this. Nothing like the Ozzie humour! It’s great to have Grant back, whipping everything in place! And you’ll get to have fab barbie’s. Love to you all

TurtleTyrant
10 minutes agogplease. for the love of god use sufficient desiccant.

lenoracooper7729
15 minutes ago
I would strongly invite you to reconsider storing the furniture in the containers. It is a recipe for ruin with insects and mice and other kinds of creepy collies.

jorilea_jarrasept6583
16 minutes ago
Those shipping containers are susceptible to growing mold. My neighbors had to destroy everything that they had stored in theirs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
How much do believe Stephanie paid for more stupid paneling for a Dump bedroom? She is going to attach wood paneling to crumbling, structurally failing dump walls?

Do you like how she slid the huge purchase into the video? How many dozens of other purchases has she been hiding?

---
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🙋‍♀️

@kkay2270
40 seconds ago
You need a formal Chateau Library with beautiful wood bookcases, a comfortable reading chair or two with footstools, etc. I think it would get a lot of use.
It was actually pretty clever the way she slid that tidbit in. She knows exactly what she's doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
janmorris1098
24 minutes ago
Everyone is saying dont put the books into the containers, I agree but the Chateau still has no heating so dampness in the attic still may be a problem.

ddenice963
25 minutes ago
Not a good idea about putting books in uninsulated container because they will ruin.

dianegriffith3006
31 minutes ago
Wasn’t there a clearing out of books a few years ago? How did they duplicate so quickly

@lindakginn3334
38 minutes ago
I so wish you could be convinced to store those boxes of books in a spare room inside the chateau to protect them from the temperature and humidity extremes outdoors. And I wish I could come there to organize and catalog your books!

marioncrichton4387
40 minutes ago
Stephanie- please listen to your supporters. The idea to store wood and paper in these containers is a DISASTER! please stop this project immediately as your precious books collected over many years and the panels will be ruined! It happened to a friend of mine in barely a year!! Good luck. I love your films.
judynail1690
43 minutes ago
My family also thought storage containers were the perfect solution but it was a disaster!

wildflowerwind6941
43 minutes ago
I hope your storage containers don't leak.

judy4123
46 minutes ago
Agree with the other posters about the books. And your little napkin chain reminds me of the dentist

@lauriemattingly2699
48 minutes ago
I jumped on to cry fear of mold and mildew but see many beat me to it! In my profession (professional organizer) cardboard is just an invitation to welcome cockroaches - but maybe southwest Texas and France have such different climate. Please check with experts in your area before risking all your valuables.

@alyssag9130
49 minutes ago
I’m terrified those books will get ruined in the container

@laurenglass4514
51 minutes ago
Wont the container they are not climate control be a problem to the preservation of wood

waynesmith3908
52 minutes ago (edited)
Storing books outside in a container is really not the best idea. Please get some anti desiccants and put in that container. The books will get musty and possibly moldy. There will be a lot of temperature fluctuations in there , hot and cold and moisture. Don’t you have space upstairs in Narnia ? Two years of books outside in a container in winter and summer is a terrible idea

cherielocke6333
52 minutes ago
Please reconsider your storage strategy. Your books and panelling are exquisite and you would despair of them being mouldy.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 Stephanie realize she screwed up and is now weighing in the comment section🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago
Please put the paneling into the Persian room and the boxes into the bird room. Send those containers back. You would need to insulate them and vent them.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@southloupriverhomestead4696
1 hour ago
I thought books need climate control

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Fanny,
- you silly shopaholic girl, we know you're really just hiding stuff from Mummy
- you're going to need at least two more shipping containers to hold all the crap you want to hoard for the next two years.
- those few books you reluctantly packed up already total 40 boxes. Better order more than 120 packing boxes.
- two years of storage ????? Guess again! Based on your non-renovation record, think again, double that, and then keep adding.
- whatever you paid for those shipping containers, you paid too much. Those old things won't protect anything you store from the rain, the rodents, or the humidity. You need to pay for proper humidity storage units for the paneling, paper and linens.
- go through your items now and toss out the crap you don't need or want! It's not like you are doing anything else. You've got the time. You are an idiot to store it all!
- more damn paneling - you just slipped that little secret in hoping no one would notice
- who's going to move all your crap over to the shipping containers? So LieLanlande - how bloodly inefficient!!! Why weren't the containers dropped in the courtyard, loaded and then moved into place?
- you cheapstake - are you going to hire professional movers to pack and move all the panelling and breakables?
- not that anyone would want all your crap, but what prevents a thief from pulling up a tractor-trailer, hooking up the shipping containers, and absconding in the middle of the night? Now that so few people live at the shitoo and you've announced your storage plans on youtube, it would be quite easy. Or is that your plan so you can claim insurance?

Crapped out shipping containers that won't hold or protect all the stuff Fanny wants to store
1714873235343.png

40 boxes of books - and this is only a portion of the books that Fanny wants to pack up
1714874979105.png

More paneling Fanny has purchased under the radar......
1714875225248.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
@ldnwholesale8552
1 hour ago
I too love books,, my house is being taken over by them. I can guarantee though no cooking or crockery books! And as others have said do not store stuff in containers, the humidity kills it. Books will go mouldy, furniture will buckle and bend. They even kill cars stored for very long. No ventilation is the issue so humidity and heat are rampant. The attic is not ideal but a LOT better than containers

@ellenmais-ir4lh
1 hour ago
Those book boxes need to be closed with sealing tape around all seams to prevent silverfish moving into them.

megkraft1108
1 hour ago (edited)
I'm very concerned about those medal containers. Things can get moldy if they aren't air tight and proper ventilation. The PTO ( parent/ teacher organization) had a container like those and we lost props for plays, fundraiser items and school spirit wear. It was a shame.

jimcutting4435
1 hour ago
Containers will be a HUGE mistake. Climate controlled de-humidified space is best.

denisemahood9162
1 hour ago
Thats a lot of people suggesting you find an alternative way to store your books and some of them have had first hand experience. I'm thinking you perhaps should rethink your storage plan. Books are precious.

stevensmith9706
1 hour ago
Beware of a HUGE damp problem and lack of ventilation. Everything you're storing is very susceptible to rot and warpage.

@margarethouston8998
1 hour ago
Get a lock for valuables. That’s not the best way to store books. If one book gets mold , it will contaminate others. I worked in a museum library. We NEVER let a “ musty” book in! Check it out yourself ️ Humility control inside the house is best
---
ninofromsicilia
1 hour ago
Why Not Use Nattie’s and Jerry’s unfinished Apartments for storage of items susceptible of damp issues!

@fredwilliams6843
1 hour ago
It seems to me Stephany that you spend an inordinate period of time bothering Marie while she is trying to prepare food. I don’t think that’s fair to her.
mattneillninasmom
1 hour ago (edited)
I'm sure it's a matter of personal taste, but to me those poor espaliered trees around the fountain look crucified. So much of the Lalande aesthetic is organic and natural - why then, are those trees tied up and tortured? P.S. Please reconsider storing wood panelling and books in metal storage containers = which unheated, uncooled, will wreak havoc on these organic materials. You may as well bake and freeze them

@N-A-uw5fp
1 hour ago
I wouldn’t put wood, paper, or fabric in those containers! Mold! They get very moist and drip water inside.

@paulwaite2219
1 hour ago
Gosh do not put the books etc into a metal shipping container. You have already seen what damp can do to the Chapel which has had to have dehumidifiers put into it to dry it

lindaallen9721
1 hour ago (edited)
Is there a climate-controlled storage facility nearby? There is a great danger of disaster happening! You don’t want the items going the way of the chapel interior with moisture.

@laurenl5843
1 hour ago
The paneling and the books will rot in those containers. Mold, damp and mice will destroy everything. I know this from experience.

@michellecook2338
1 hour ago
Yes please do store the books in the attic at least in open boxes

@suellenmcgillick8177
2 hours ago
There must be a ground floor room that could hold these precious items.

@Theodore-zd2mv
2 hours ago
I share the concerns about the damp, mold and critters. And the containers were placed directly on the grass, which will rot and animals will burrow underneath. I think the vegetation should have been removed first and the containers raised up on blocks to allow air circulation and reduce the problem with animals. Unless there is more to the plan..

christinesavage4837
2 hours ago (edited)
I have done exactly this and paid the price. Basically had to toss about 60% of the books, mostly mould but also containers are not rodent & insect proof and had damage from both cockroaches and mice as well. Don't do it if the books and panelling are important to you. I will say I was out of country, stored the containers on my parents property and they were not regularly checked but even so really don't recommend.

@laurabuntin259
2 hours ago
The napkin you have put around your neck looks like a dentists thingy they put on you when they are drilling holes in your teeth. I’m not getting warm and fuzzy from that thing
nancystraub9671
2 hours ago
I watch your blog every day it is on. I usually do not make comments, however I feel this is important. I was a sales representative for large international moving companies for 30 years before I retired in 2013. I am concerned about the containers u have leased. These containers have no ventilation, they do not breath & will become extremely hot in the summer months. I am concerned about the antique paneling. The heat could cause it to buckle. Also the finish can melt & stick to fabric, paper & especially plastic. Those containers can get up to 110 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Blessings. Nancy Straub

janisagresta6586
2 hours ago
Think about it…disgusting garbage has been in there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Let me get this straight... years ago books crowding a hallway were moved unboxed to the barn by a old wagon or oxcart where they rot away and now they've rented containers to house more books & china for several years she said. They are also putting the paneling from the grand salon which Amaury made a fuss about saying how important it was acclimatize the panels in the house before installation. So the paneling will be too moist or warped to install, the books will be damp & moldy (surely causing allergy prone Snorts to have an asthma attack).Plus she snuck in the fact she has ordered more paneling as well. If we didn't know already that she was bonkers,
we know it now!
Amuary & Natti finally figured out Fanny is bonkers and that's why they have called time! Amuary's not going to wait around two years to install the paneling (and he knows that's Fanny setting an optimistic timeline). Amuary no longer wants anything to do with Fanny, her Grand Salon or her paneling.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
@ldnwholesale8552
1 hour ago
I too love books,, my house is being taken over by them. I can guarantee though no cooking or crockery books! And as others have said do not store stuff in containers, the humidity kills it. Books will go mouldy, furniture will buckle and bend. They even kill cars stored for very long. No ventilation is the issue so humidity and heat are rampant. The attic is not ideal but a LOT better than containers

@ellenmais-ir4lh
1 hour ago
Those book boxes need to be closed with sealing tape around all seams to prevent silverfish moving into them.

megkraft1108
1 hour ago (edited)
I'm very concerned about those medal containers. Things can get moldy if they aren't air tight and proper ventilation. The PTO ( parent/ teacher organization) had a container like those and we lost props for plays, fundraiser items and school spirit wear. It was a shame.

jimcutting4435
1 hour ago
Containers will be a HUGE mistake. Climate controlled de-humidified space is best.

denisemahood9162
1 hour ago
Thats a lot of people suggesting you find an alternative way to store your books and some of them have had first hand experience. I'm thinking you perhaps should rethink your storage plan. Books are precious.

stevensmith9706
1 hour ago
Beware of a HUGE damp problem and lack of ventilation. Everything you're storing is very susceptible to rot and warpage.

@margarethouston8998
1 hour ago
Get a lock for valuables. That’s not the best way to store books. If one book gets mold , it will contaminate others. I worked in a museum library. We NEVER let a “ musty” book in! Check it out yourself ️ Humility control inside the house is best
When I still enjoyed the videos and didn't 'see' the grift, I day dreamed of going to Lala and sorting out the books. As a librarian I would have had a sneaky weed of the books, even as a fan. I would have set up at least different sections for cookery, porcelain, interior design etc. And put the novels into genre too.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
@barbarasmith2693
2 hours ago
DO NOT PUT YOUR BOOKS IN THE CONTAINERS! You will regret it, deeply, when you lose all of your books from the damp!

annemiekvandorp4457
2 hours ago
Stephanie, may I urgently advise against storing your precious items in old sea-containers? You will get irreversible damp trouble for sure. I am sorry, but I must warn you
tracey4474
2 hours ago
I’m utterly confused -surely there is space in the Narnia attic for boxed books, unused furniture / panelling - why risk these things in containers - maybe stop buying stuff for now ? China storage yes but paper / panelling etc seems off

@seaview9948
2 hours ago
I kept a house load of furniture in a storage container for 8years . All paper leather , fabric / clothing , paintings , were completely ruined

@bobbiejay2085
2 hours ago
Old shipping containers used for storage are a recipe for disaster. Especially for books and timber. If the chateau has nowhere to store them then a climate controlled storage facility is needed. A big mistake to use them.

@patriciadye977
2 hours ago
We had a shipping container we used while we were doing renovations and ended up having to throw things away, because of mold. Make sure you have a way to remove the humidity and keep air circulating.

chantalpinsonneault1299
2 hours ago
Why not donate all these books and only keep what you really need^

@alisonalexandratou8723
3 hours ago
The library and China room have been talked about for years now. With so many books and beautiful porcelain how come it was never completed?? Stored in boxes in a container to become moldy?

lynnpetti3817
3 hours ago
I too am worried about you storage plan. Especially the paneling, damage to those would be catastrophic.

nativetexan6628
3 hours ago
Oh youare wearing yellow!!!Shocker!!

@kateglondon
3 hours ago
Is the food not cold by the time it gets to the table and the guests actually get to tuck

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮WTF Stephanie……. Really?

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago
The plates are heated and put on a second plate. The sauces are hot

sandrawahlgren7080
3 hours ago
As a retired library clerk - school and public, I can't emphasize enough that storing books in cardboard boxes in a unheated metal storage container for two years is a recipe for disaster. You might as well take all the boxes you have just packed and take them right away to the recycling depot and save yourself the trouble two years from now. There must be an empty room (heated) in your chateau that the books can be stored on bookshelves until you are ready to display them. Please listen to all your subscriber's advice.

---
@franj.1461
3 hours ago (edited)
I don't know what it's like in Europe but mice do like to chew up books. Do check on the containers from time to time. Also, When you own a chateau and still need to rent storage containers... Hmmm. oh, and the plates used for the guest dinner are gorgeous, and the food

Lizlizlizlizlizlizlizlizzie
3 hours ago
Imagine having a 40 room chateau and needing two massive storage containers on property. Perhaps a one in one out system needs to be put in place. Those poor books are going to mold

@wonderfulworldofty
1 hour ago
Phillip filling the place up with books and crockery
emoji_u1f602.png
emoji_u1f62d.png

@Julie-bq6iz
3 hours ago
I thought another chateau chose the old dining chairs in the big chateau swap a little while back??

@ChristineC-nk5fd
2 hours ago
I thought the same thing. Building a storage barn out on the old tennis court would be a good place for it. Storage at the chateau is always a big problem and it could be used for decades to come.

wendyrose8430
3 hours ago
I don’t understand with à chateau you can’t find room inside!!!!!! Or in the attic with your other bits of ornaments. You’ll risk ruining the books maybe stop buying more books

@kungazopa2831
3 hours ago
Books in a container outdoors! No way Stephanie, they will all be ruined by mould.

@M-gq1bq
3 hours ago
Doesn‘t matter, they like to go shopping so much, they will have so much fun replacing them

DinSF
3 hours ago
Stephanie, PLEASE, PLEASE reconsider using containers. At work when there was a remodel/addition all types of things were stored in containers like you are doing. When it was time to move everything back in, almost everything was ruined from moisture, damp or heat or cold. Even with professional cleaning, the cloth items had to be thrown out along with the books. It was a disaster

@ludovica8221
3 hours ago
Honestly horrified at the idea of you putting furniture, books and panelling in a shipping container. Every thing will be ruined by damp
JamesHardiman99
3 hours ago
It's not like being in a high-class restaurant!
debragrogan6235
4 hours ago
Adding to the alarm bells on storing the books in the containers due to damp and the pressure of weight. Boxes are where books go to die. I had mine stored in a facility for 6 years and when I finally got back to them they were in such bad shape and felt 'dead' to me. I got rid of the lot.

user-rh4tc4yy3l
4 hours ago
feel like we've been here before

@jeojeo9393
4 hours ago
I remember this same task was done maybe 18 months ago ! Wow how the clutter has come back again in such a short space of time

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
@barbarasmith2693
2 hours ago
DO NOT PUT YOUR BOOKS IN THE CONTAINERS! You will regret it, deeply, when you lose all of your books from the damp!

annemiekvandorp4457
2 hours ago
Stephanie, may I urgently advise against storing your precious items in old sea-containers? You will get irreversible damp trouble for sure. I am sorry, but I must warn you
tracey4474
2 hours ago
I’m utterly confused -surely there is space in the Narnia attic for boxed books, unused furniture / panelling - why risk these things in containers - maybe stop buying stuff for now ? China storage yes but paper / panelling etc seems off

@seaview9948
2 hours ago
I kept a house load of furniture in a storage container for 8years . All paper leather , fabric / clothing , paintings , were completely ruined

@bobbiejay2085
2 hours ago
Old shipping containers used for storage are a recipe for disaster. Especially for books and timber. If the chateau has nowhere to store them then a climate controlled storage facility is needed. A big mistake to use them.

@patriciadye977
2 hours ago
We had a shipping container we used while we were doing renovations and ended up having to throw things away, because of mold. Make sure you have a way to remove the humidity and keep air circulating.

chantalpinsonneault1299
2 hours ago
Why not donate all these books and only keep what you really need^

@alisonalexandratou8723
3 hours ago
The library and China room have been talked about for years now. With so many books and beautiful porcelain how come it was never completed?? Stored in boxes in a container to become moldy?

lynnpetti3817
3 hours ago
I too am worried about you storage plan. Especially the paneling, damage to those would be catastrophic.

nativetexan6628
3 hours ago
Oh youare wearing yellow!!!Shocker!!

@kateglondon
3 hours ago
Is the food not cold by the time it gets to the table and the guests actually get to tuck

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮WTF Stephanie……. Really?

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago
The plates are heated and put on a second plate. The sauces are hot

sandrawahlgren7080
3 hours ago
As a retired library clerk - school and public, I can't emphasize enough that storing books in cardboard boxes in a unheated metal storage container for two years is a recipe for disaster. You might as well take all the boxes you have just packed and take them right away to the recycling depot and save yourself the trouble two years from now. There must be an empty room (heated) in your chateau that the books can be stored on bookshelves until you are ready to display them. Please listen to all your subscriber's advice.
She is an utter fool. Even her zombie fans can see it.

The answer to a compulsive shopping/hoarding situation is never buying more storage, it's buying less crap.

Get a hold of yourself, Stephanie Jarvis! You are almost half a century old! Grow the F up.

You need a massive intervention. Instead you are surrounded by sycophants, enablers and paid bootlickers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.