The Chateau Diaries #304 Grifting from grannies is not an honest living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm yet to catch up with this thread, so sorry if posted before, but Wendy's being an absolute witch! Bad Wendy! 😂

How she has the gall?!
I enjoy Billy's vlogs, it show the reality of "work involved", Yannis is a machine, polar opposite from ALL at CHMN. Wendy "get on with your knitting" which means "mind your own business" but is very apt for her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
One stem of asparagus...? I'm embarrassed for them, and a block of greasy potato.
1714920375216.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I noted when Marie began to focus on the table contents the pink camera she quickly covered up the dish with tin foil

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Marie signed up for slave wages and that is what she’ll get. The DoucheLord will never assist in any way, before or after meals. In fact, Snorts is soooo lazy, he would drop a pan mid-scrub and claim he tidied the entire kitchen.
I am picturing the man child picking up the dishes he has to wash with the tip of his long nail fingers and making a disgusted face having to do the low job of the servant Marie.
All this makes me laugh so much. I know they are hoarders and revolting, they barely wash themselves let alone anything in the pile of rocks or outside. They are just filthy grifters and they think they are the upper crust. The delusion is so comical to me. I can't stop laughing. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I noted when Marie began to focus on the table contents the pink camera she quickly covered up the dish with tin foil
I honestly think Fanny ‘hired’ FRK out of desperation. MariA clearly stated she will never ever come back. Working conditions must have been SO intolerable. Food prep for 2 six tops per night is not that big a deal…Marie has to deal with cleaning etc like a slave as well. Chattel. Slave. Snorty, are you really a musketeer? Or just a lazy douchebag?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Bonjour mes amis! I haven't posted in a few days, but I've been reading the comments. Thanks so much for the distractions and humor, it helps me get through the days and nights. Special thanks to TorontoGWM for your hilarious posts! Humor truly is the best medicine.

Fanny is sticking to the process which dedicated hoarders follow.
  1. Accumulate in excess stuff you don't need.
  2. Allow accumulated stuff to pile up to the point it's in the way and you have no idea what you have anymore.
  3. Shuffle accumulated stuff from room to room.
  4. Move shuffled accumulated stuff to outbuildings and/or rented storage units.
  5. Continue to accumulate stuff to fill areas that were cleared out.
  6. Forget about stuff in storage containers.
  7. Stuff in storage containers ruined.
  8. Allow vegetation, varmints, mold and mildew to take over storage units.
  9. Repeat until the authorities intervene.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I enjoy Billy's vlogs, it show the reality of "work involved", Yannis is a machine, polar opposite from ALL at CHMN. Wendy "get on with your knitting" which means "mind your own business" but is very apt for her.
I too enjoy Billy’s vlogs. The Pethericks are seriously getting stuff done. They appear to have a works agenda and are sticking to it. Admittedly pulling out rotten panelling and lifting floorboards is not pretty or necessarily enthralling but you can see things getting done. Wendyfeltmouse needs to pull herself out of Despicable fannys arse and disappear up her own. And Yannis is a revelation. Billy has assembled a team of reliable, hard workers - albeit mostly brits but brits who live and work in France - who like working together, have respect for each other and get the job done.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
One stem of asparagus...? I'm embarrassed for them, and a block of greasy potato. View attachment 2916684
Is that more pea puree again under the slab-o-meat? I see Marie is getting tricky with splitting the stem of asparagus a la restaurant where John took Fanny for lunch. She's using asparagus as garnish instead of as a side, cheap, very cheap. I wonder if any of the guests ever ask for seconds? Or is once more than enough? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
toddmurphy523
8 minutes ago
I think Stephanie going through the books will increase her pile next to her bed for "future reading

The above is an interesting comment, because evidently other viewers have noticed that Stephanie must be surrounded by piles of books everywhere she goes. She took a suitcase of books with her to Venice, so she could read all of her books in her hotel rooms. When she did an interview with Michael Potts, a few years ago, they discussed how they used to travel together. Michael would want to get up and go see everything he could during the day. Stephanie would want to sleep in, have breakfast in bed, and read books in bed all day in whatever country they were visiting. Michael then learned to get up and go sightseeing on his own and come back to the hotel in the late afternoon or evening to have dinner with Stephanie. What is the point of going to all these exotic locations if she wants to spend all her time in a hotel room bed reading books all day?
I don't believe she reads loads of books, the odd novel, maybe and many of them trashy ones. The others, she occasionally dips into, thinking she may get decorating ideas but she doesn't seem to see the difference between the tasteful settings in the books as opposed to the tacky mis-mash of over-stuffed brocante-type rooms that she and her aunt like to have. Most books are for showing off purposes but she can't even manage that as she has too many and no space to display them. If she's in a hotel room on her own, her time is spent surfing the internet, looking at auctions and eBay items; designer clothes; porcelain; shoes; handbags; hotels, etc. She is far more interested in how she can spend thousands of other people's money, rather than reading books.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Agree because why the hell should they. If Nati buys the croissants for the breakfast then they are arriving early in the morning. Dinner is served at what time 7pm? So their working day perhaps starts at 8am why would they hang around until 7, 8 or 9pm just for the dinner and have a 12 hour day. Now what they do during their day is another matter but I have never had a job where I want to hang around every evening giving free labour just for a cheap meal. 😳
I’ve never had coworkers I liked well enough for that either!😎

• Heart
Reactions: 25
1714924218077.png

have-you-ever-been-addicted-to-drugs-moira-rose.gif

yO9eoRNKoJx9vyy8PKsxjnuA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

the real tartuffe
49 minutes ago
I'm very surprised by the comments today. I have full faith in Stephanie's decisions as chatelaine of HER chateau. She has meticulously restored Lalande over the past 18 years and is presently working on numerous projects with the finest advisors, experts, and workmen available anywhere. The chapel is one of the most beautiful and significant examples of French gothic revival architecture and rightly should be considered a national monument. This restoration has been made possible by the vision, foresight, planning, and largesse of just one person: Stephanie Jarvis. With wonderful Philip at her side, she is carefully building up and curating the chateau's collections. With this comes the responsibility of caring for these collections and, in this case, necessarily moving them to accommodate ongoing restoration. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, as the English say. Philip is the consummate researcher and project manager; and a rock of support--both professionally and personally--to Stephanie. He will have investigated every possible option to ensure the protection of these items and, no doubt, negotiated the best price for the long term rental of the storage units for the next two to three years. Stephanie and Philip: I support you! ❤❤❤

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
I’ve never had coworkers I liked well enough for that either!😎
Oh I did have co workers that I loved and even vacationed together, but we never stayed at the office to work and eat just for shits n giggles.
---
View attachment 2916773
View attachment 2916770
View attachment 2916776
the real tartuffe
49 minutes ago
I'm very surprised by the comments today. I have full faith in Stephanie's decisions as chatelaine of HER chateau. She has meticulously restored Lalande over the past 18 years and is presently working on numerous projects with the finest advisors, experts, and workmen available anywhere. The chapel is one of the most beautiful and significant examples of French gothic revival architecture and rightly should be considered a national monument. This restoration has been made possible by the vision, foresight, planning, and largesse of just one person: Stephanie Jarvis. With wonderful Philip at her side, she is carefully building up and curating the chateau's collections. With this comes the responsibility of caring for these collections and, in this case, necessarily moving them to accommodate ongoing restoration. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, as the English say. Philip is the consummate researcher and project manager; and a rock of support--both professionally and personally--to Stephanie. He will have investigated every possible option to ensure the protection of these items and, no doubt, negotiated the best price for the long term rental of the storage units for the next two to three years. Stephanie and Philip: I support you! ❤❤❤
Call me ,,,,,,,,,, delusional lol
---
Screenshot_20240505-114855.png

Is she like Beetlejuice, if they say her name three times will she show up with her delete button. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm yet to catch up with this thread, so sorry if posted before, but Wendy's being an absolute witch! Bad Wendy! 😂

How she has the gall?!
I’m not on Book of Faces, would someone who is please go tell the Felted Grim One she’s being an absolute bleep and that her idol has feet of clay! Methinks Brenda is shitstirring. Almost worth joining to boil the pot myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm nearly home again, as we had a flat tire shortly after we crossed the border :rolleyes: Will upload the vlog as soon as it's out after all, as the car won't be fixed until Tuesday...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
She is a hoarder with a problem. She needs help. Critical mass. I know Grant is the only one that tells it like it is- but she needs real help real fast. Amaury hasn’t been shy with his diagnosis either and I don’t blame him and his future wife for getting the hell out of there. It’s insane and unfixable. Chronic.
Amaury’s own mother is a hoarder, based on their previous home in England. Maybe he can only take on one critical intervention at a time in France.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.