The Chateau Diaries #304 Grifting from grannies is not an honest living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@jeojeo9393
4 hours ago
I remember this same task was done maybe 18 months ago ! Wow how the clutter has come back again in such a short space of time

trisharomance4026
10 minutes ago
Oh my goodness! Heart palpitations just thinking about books being stored in cardboard boxes in an un conditioned area . The books will most likely be very rippled ,as paper has a memory once it becomes damp ! And of course the bins are not mouse proof ! The entire thing will end up being a dumpster in 2 years and not a proper storage bin as you had hoped ! If you must use cardboard boxes … line them first in clear plastic bags …pack the books … then seal very very tightly.

AnnabethLee144
12 minutes ago (edited)
I stored books in a metal cabinet inside a garage. I could as well throw them right into garbage...in my case they were damaged by dampness. I suggest to use another room or attic , because it is a dry place , but usually storages of belongings are very expensive worldwide. Everywere in the world you have to pay for it. Cheap metal containers will ruin everything , unfortunately..bye bye books and wooden panelings..

@laurakesinger
14 minutes ago
The books and paneling will be ruined in a container: we own a restoration company and we preserve anything that has been damaged that’s covered by insurance. I think you need to use this as a short term solution for a month or two and find a better alternative or you will lose everything from mold and humidity.

paranihiaanaru4414
21 minutes ago
Oh for goodness' sake! Without proper insulation, humidity and temperature control those containers are useless for storage. Totally useless

@kirsten4887
31 minutes ago (edited)
I can’t imagine having a whole vast chateau and needing to store valuable items in shipping containers that can easily be broken into away from the chateau

@Lea-bw9wj
32 minutes ago
Amery moved all the paneling inside to acclimatise to the chateau if you put them in the containers you'll be going backwards. Also I few for the extreme heat and cold and how they will suffer

@ChipHood-cv6xq
35 minutes ago
STEPHANIE!! I know first hand that those containers are prone to leak! When my parents did a major remodel to their home they decided to put all of the furnishings and linens in 3 huge containers. They had carefully selected the containers from the port in Savannah then put them in the shade of the big water oaks close to their home. After the remodeling was completed the containers were opened on move-in day and they found that numerous pieces of furniture had damage. For months the containers leaked! All of the bed linens were stored in the container along with fabrics, etc. All was molded and mildewed. It was sickening to say the least. The leaks were found, but at that point it was too late. In hindsight tarps should have been put over the containers as a preventative measure. Live and learn. I hope this will save you a heartache

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Someone please convince her to store all of daddy's paintings in the shipping containers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
@jeojeo9393
4 hours ago
I remember this same task was done maybe 18 months ago ! Wow how the clutter has come back again in such a short space of time

trisharomance4026
10 minutes ago
Oh my goodness! Heart palpitations just thinking about books being stored in cardboard boxes in an un conditioned area . The books will most likely be very rippled ,as paper has a memory once it becomes damp ! And of course the bins are not mouse proof ! The entire thing will end up being a dumpster in 2 years and not a proper storage bin as you had hoped ! If you must use cardboard boxes … line them first in clear plastic bags …pack the books … then seal very very tightly.

AnnabethLee144
12 minutes ago (edited)
I stored books in a metal cabinet inside a garage. I could as well throw them right into garbage...in my case they were damaged by dampness. I suggest to use another room or attic , because it is a dry place , but usually storages of belongings are very expensive worldwide. Everywere in the world you have to pay for it. Cheap metal containers will ruin everything , unfortunately..bye bye books and wooden panelings..

@laurakesinger
14 minutes ago
The books and paneling will be ruined in a container: we own a restoration company and we preserve anything that has been damaged that’s covered by insurance. I think you need to use this as a short term solution for a month or two and find a better alternative or you will lose everything from mold and humidity.

paranihiaanaru4414
21 minutes ago
Oh for goodness' sake! Without proper insulation, humidity and temperature control those containers are useless for storage. Totally useless

@kirsten4887
31 minutes ago (edited)
I can’t imagine having a whole vast chateau and needing to store valuable items in shipping containers that can easily be broken into away from the chateau

@Lea-bw9wj
32 minutes ago
Amery moved all the paneling inside to acclimatise to the chateau if you put them in the containers you'll be going backwards. Also I few for the extreme heat and cold and how they will suffer

@ChipHood-cv6xq
35 minutes ago
STEPHANIE!! I know first hand that those containers are prone to leak! When my parents did a major remodel to their home they decided to put all of the furnishings and linens in 3 huge containers. They had carefully selected the containers from the port in Savannah then put them in the shade of the big water oaks close to their home. After the remodeling was completed the containers were opened on move-in day and they found that numerous pieces of furniture had damage. For months the containers leaked! All of the bed linens were stored in the container along with fabrics, etc. All was molded and mildewed. It was sickening to say the least. The leaks were found, but at that point it was too late. In hindsight tarps should have been put over the containers as a preventative measure. Live and learn. I hope this will save you a heartache
Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 10.56.57 PM.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
STEPHANIE screwed up in this video. People are pissed at her stupidity, carelessness, and gluttony.

debra7241
5 minutes ago
Poor Lancelot, just wanted to go pee, and mom was to busy filming

charleskolbe2440
5 minutes ago
More in the more than half of the stuff that you’re putting in containers should be given to a junk store. It’s not worth saving and you need to paint that kitchen already. It’s a mess. The doors look at disgraceful it doesn’t cost much for a couple gallons of paint, instead of Philip running to get dishes, he should go to the store and get some paint and start paying the kitchen

@jefftate1981
6 minutes ago
I wonder what Grant makes of Phlip

@davidshep45
10 minutes ago
I remember trying sorrel in a dish years ago. It was the most horrible rancid flavor. It is a beautiful garden herb but nasty in recipes. Marie amazes me with the beautiful dishes she creates. What a blessing to have her at Lalande

@merriestroscher5795
1 hour ago
Totally agree. I had in-laws who stored books in an attached and insulated garage in the mild climate of California for 2 years and when the cardboard boxes were opened the books went straight to the trash. MILDEW AND MOLD

@nataliechongtai6430
1 hour ago
I am a library technician and I have to agree. Storing the books that way is a recipe for disaster. That collection needs to be severely weeded!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Who on EARTH told Fanny the shipping containers were a good storage idea?!? Even her rabid gansta granny worshippers are telling her it is not!

Fanny's anthem (other than the troublesome horse allergy)- "Can't nobody tell me nuthin'":

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
MimiBeeswing
4 hours ago
100% correct . I worry the Summer heat and humidity will damage paneling inside containers . Heat gets very intense and dries out old wood causing splitting and warping .

@helenpalmer869
4 hours ago
I despair of you. Terrible idea putting the books in a container. Is there not one bedroom in your massive chateau you could use to store the books?? HONESTLY!!

@rayn8740
4 minutes ago
Oh, Grant, you are a giant among men. When Stephanie mentioned sorting out the book situation in the attic, I assumed that the disaster that was sorted out last time, had not returned to rear its ugly head. Wow, was I wrong. I was wondering how long it would take before you'd delegate the task of sorting to Stephanie, so you could focus on boxing the rest of the collection. I support your decision whole heartedly, it was a wise move. Marie, the meal looked scrumptious, especially the potato tureen. I grew up on a potato farm and never et a potato dish I didn't like. Veal, whale, what difference could it possibly make? LOL! Chapel updates are always exciting and appreciated. Thank you for that, Stephanie. It looks so beautiful. Hugs for Lancelot and Philip. Question, the paneling was moved into the grand salon to acclimatize it properly before installation. Now you've moved it into a metal container where temperatures and humidity will likely change wildly on a daily basis. The books will suffer under the same conditions. Porcelain will quickly craze and crystal will cloud and become brittle. Speaking of porcelain, could we have an update on the china pantry and the restoration work to the wall and ceiling beam in the grand salon and rooms above? I assumed that the work was to begin during the off season, but I appear to have been wrong. I know that Stephanie is working on a solution for replacing the wallpaper that's no longer in production and special building materials must be received, but no news is making me crazy. How about the status of the new heating system? I realize that a tragic accident took place involving two of the HVAC installers, but there must be a plan to complete the job at some pount. Persumably, Amaury finished building the firewalls around the boilers, so he's not the reason for the hold-up. Amaury's not idle, so there must be a plan in place that doesn't rely entirely on him. Does it have to do with the British television series? What's the big surprise? How do you keep guests from revealing the news before the premier? Please forgive my lack of patience, I'm just anxious to see some of these long-term projects finished. I want to see Derek's tile mural finally realized and come to life on the kitchen wall. I'd love to see the terrace stairs finally restored. That would look so grand and glorious. I realize that there's only so much that can happen at a time, so a planned timeline would be helpful at keeping hounds like me from snapping at your heals. Stephanie could do a series on Lalande's current projects and future plans, like the lake and exterier renovations, parterre, etc. Newer subscribers have a lot to catch up on. Besides, who doesn't love Stephanie's tours? Before and after shot tell great stories. All of the old footage is still there of previous tours. Several bed and bathrooms must have been completed. Michael Potts and Isabelle and Percy's apartments have all transformed over the years. What's happened to Nattie's apartment, is it being used, worked on or nearly done? The attics and Amairy's workshop have all developed and changed. I'd love to see Narnia. I can't lie, I just want to know everything.
emoji_u2764.png
from TX!
---
@makeitanywear
5 minutes ago
Once again I think I saw my possessions at La Land. I have an almost complete collection of the Time Life Cookbooks and I spotted some on the shelf. A great set of cookbooks

katherinep.8919
12 seconds ago
I am sorry to say, I have also experienced the loss of items I stored in a shipping container. One year later, and all items that were not impermeable were damaged in some way. I threw a ton of it away. We had even had our container professionally spray-insulated, to the tune of $10,000 US dollars, and did interior work to make the inside pest-free and nicely sealed. We even installed a ventilation fan. It was filled with spiders and dust, and all summer it was 120° F inside. I live in a very arid area, and there were still some cloth items with some mold. I did recover some furniture and other things, but if it isn't porcelain or metal I would be wary. Even with the amount of work we did to it, most of our items were not in as good of repair as we would have hoped. We didn't have any water leaks, but that's what encasing the whole thing in 10k worth of commercial spray insulation will do. If we had maintained constant temperature control, maybe it would have worked better. We also checked on it often, though at the time there was nowhere else to keep our things. I would not recommend putting antique anything, or books, or fabrics, in a container for any length of time

Betharoot
5 minutes ago
If you don't have a climate controlled storage facility available for rent, and there isn't any room in the Chateau, maybe one of your many friends would have room to store your things for you. Please, please don't use those containers for two years

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
He knew he'd hit a roadblock when he said to her, you want me to box this up but not this and this.
Having a 'collector' for a father, Grant knows a hoarder when he sees one.
🧵 Recommendation - Grant knows a hoarder when he sees one & he's looking at you Stephanie Jarvis!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I would be beyond mortified to show the piles of cr*p everywhere, Fanny just giggles and seems to think it's funny or clever or cute to have SO much stuff to deal with, sympathy and admiration seeking at the same time. Even for her this is a new level of insanity, utterly shameful and don't even get me started on the containers. In a place that size, what the heck is she thinking???? The woman needs to be locked up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Well I guess I am now banned from commenting on CD.
Told her to admit she is a hoarder and loves to spend other peoples money..... also asked about the heating.
Taken down pronto. :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Stephanie trying to do some damage control. Looks like they are getting worried.I think the gruesome twosome are stunned by the amount of negative comments today. They cannot delte all of them quickly,
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮❤

carolinegooder7091
6 minutes ago
Can Andie use the old chairs or the Lady of the Chateau family store anything for you

@lizarce272
2 minutes ago (edited)
Stephanie You are a book hoarder ( you can donate one for one when you get another) Don’t complain to Phillip about porcelain anymore, we all now know

@carenvisser607
6 minutes ago
I've noticed of late that we don't see Phillip anymore. He was everywhere..... Now nowhere. Not even in today's episode.

dorothywonderbread7480
4 minutes ago
Do NOT store either panels or books in those containers, storage for such things HAVE to be climate controlled or they’ll come out ruined.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
after watching a collector of corvettes clean up their cars for selling, the carpet of the cars had brown trails around it. The pest controller next to them advised well those brown stains are from the mice's bodies as mice fur is very oily and dirty so as they always follow the same path they leave those hard-to-remove smelly stains. Not to mention the pee smells, and lord the scratch marks on the outside of those valuable cars were unbelievable. silverfish and moths love those containers, which are never built for long-term storage the condensation on the inside of them will play havoc on old-looking containers that already appear to be rusting from the bottom up.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
Look at this diversionary bullshit post by Stephanie. Still trying to grift for a pool. What a greedy, shameless woman.
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

carolinegooder7091
51 seconds ago
Can Grant start on the fence along the future pool area? When will the hedges go in along there
---
@dragonbry67
9 minutes ago
Shhhhhh, don't yell them. That will force them to throw that tit away
---
oliverpavic275
7 hours ago
I hope Marie is paid at least 50k a year for all the hard work she does!

@Sparrowdean DUMP ACCOUNT
7 hours ago
What precisely are her working hours?
---
timrose1693
21 seconds ago
Why do you not put the old dining room chairs in the kitchen???

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Let me get this straight... years ago books crowding a hallway were moved unboxed to the barn by a old wagon or oxcart where they rot away and now they've rented containers to house more books & china for several years she said. They are also putting the paneling from the grand salon which Amaury made a fuss about saying how important it was acclimatize the panels in the house before installation. So the paneling will be too moist or warped to install, the books will be damp & moldy (surely causing allergy prone Snorts to have an asthma attack).Plus she snuck in the fact she has ordered more paneling as well. If we didn't know already that she was bonkers,
we know it now!
Not to mention Snorts buying £200 worth of books at auction a week ago-pathetic twats

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Stephanie trying to do some damage control. Looks like they are getting worried.I think the gruesome twosome are stunned by the amount of negative comments today. They cannot delte all of them quickly,
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮❤

carolinegooder7091
6 minutes ago
Can Andie use the old chairs or the Lady of the Chateau family store anything for you

@lizarce272
2 minutes ago (edited)
Stephanie You are a book hoarder ( you can donate one for one when you get another) Don’t complain to Phillip about porcelain anymore, we all now know

@carenvisser607
6 minutes ago
I've noticed of late that we don't see Phillip anymore. He was everywhere..... Now nowhere. Not even in today's episode.

dorothywonderbread7480
4 minutes ago
Do NOT store either panels or books in those containers, storage for such things HAVE to be climate controlled or they’ll come out ruined.
Stephanie . . . don't listen to these people. Stuff as much as you can into these containers. I want to see all the contents ruined. It's what you deserve. Do it Stephanie, DO IT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
kasisatya5448
1 minute ago
Good grief, I
emoji_u1f60a.png
can't believe all the stuff you keep acculating . Hope someone in your house reads the comments regarding your less than ideal type of storage you are intending to use. And how about a moratorium on buying things, its stuff you keep moving from one place to another, seems like a bi annual event for you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
@ldnwholesale8552
1 hour ago
I too love books,, my house is being taken over by them. I can guarantee though no cooking or crockery books! And as others have said do not store stuff in containers, the humidity kills it. Books will go mouldy, furniture will buckle and bend. They even kill cars stored for very long. No ventilation is the issue so humidity and heat are rampant. The attic is not ideal but a LOT better than containers

@ellenmais-ir4lh
1 hour ago
Those book boxes need to be closed with sealing tape around all seams to prevent silverfish moving into them.

megkraft1108
1 hour ago (edited)
I'm very concerned about those medal containers. Things can get moldy if they aren't air tight and proper ventilation. The PTO ( parent/ teacher organization) had a container like those and we lost props for plays, fundraiser items and school spirit wear. It was a shame.

jimcutting4435
1 hour ago
Containers will be a HUGE mistake. Climate controlled de-humidified space is best.

denisemahood9162
1 hour ago
Thats a lot of people suggesting you find an alternative way to store your books and some of them have had first hand experience. I'm thinking you perhaps should rethink your storage plan. Books are precious.

stevensmith9706
1 hour ago
Beware of a HUGE damp problem and lack of ventilation. Everything you're storing is very susceptible to rot and warpage.

@margarethouston8998
1 hour ago
Get a lock for valuables. That’s not the best way to store books. If one book gets mold , it will contaminate others. I worked in a museum library. We NEVER let a “ musty” book in! Check it out yourself ️ Humility control inside the house is best
---
ninofromsicilia
1 hour ago
Why Not Use Nattie’s and Jerry’s unfinished Apartments for storage of items susceptible of damp issues!

@fredwilliams6843
1 hour ago
It seems to me Stephany that you spend an inordinate period of time bothering Marie while she is trying to prepare food. I don’t think that’s fair to her.
mattneillninasmom
1 hour ago (edited)
I'm sure it's a matter of personal taste, but to me those poor espaliered trees around the fountain look crucified. So much of the Lalande aesthetic is organic and natural - why then, are those trees tied up and tortured? P.S. Please reconsider storing wood panelling and books in metal storage containers = which unheated, uncooled, will wreak havoc on these organic materials. You may as well bake and freeze them

@N-A-uw5fp
1 hour ago
I wouldn’t put wood, paper, or fabric in those containers! Mold! They get very moist and drip water inside.

@paulwaite2219
1 hour ago
Gosh do not put the books etc into a metal shipping container. You have already seen what damp can do to the Chapel which has had to have dehumidifiers put into it to dry it

lindaallen9721
1 hour ago (edited)
Is there a climate-controlled storage facility nearby? There is a great danger of disaster happening! You don’t want the items going the way of the chapel interior with moisture.

@laurenl5843
1 hour ago
The paneling and the books will rot in those containers. Mold, damp and mice will destroy everything. I know this from experience.

@michellecook2338
1 hour ago
Yes please do store the books in the attic at least in open boxes

@suellenmcgillick8177
2 hours ago
There must be a ground floor room that could hold these precious items.

@Theodore-zd2mv
2 hours ago
I share the concerns about the damp, mold and critters. And the containers were placed directly on the grass, which will rot and animals will burrow underneath. I think the vegetation should have been removed first and the containers raised up on blocks to allow air circulation and reduce the problem with animals. Unless there is more to the plan..

christinesavage4837
2 hours ago (edited)
I have done exactly this and paid the price. Basically had to toss about 60% of the books, mostly mould but also containers are not rodent & insect proof and had damage from both cockroaches and mice as well. Don't do it if the books and panelling are important to you. I will say I was out of country, stored the containers on my parents property and they were not regularly checked but even so really don't recommend.

@laurabuntin259
2 hours ago
The napkin you have put around your neck looks like a dentists thingy they put on you when they are drilling holes in your teeth. I’m not getting warm and fuzzy from that thing
nancystraub9671
2 hours ago
I watch your blog every day it is on. I usually do not make comments, however I feel this is important. I was a sales representative for large international moving companies for 30 years before I retired in 2013. I am concerned about the containers u have leased. These containers have no ventilation, they do not breath & will become extremely hot in the summer months. I am concerned about the antique paneling. The heat could cause it to buckle. Also the finish can melt & stick to fabric, paper & especially plastic. Those containers can get up to 110 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Blessings. Nancy Straub

janisagresta6586
2 hours ago
Think about it…disgusting garbage has been in there.
It is not as if these books are valuable or collectable.. they appear to just be a bunch of random books from her parents etc...let them mold, rot, get eaten by bugs etc. .. They live in a 40 room chateau so of course they need to purchase cheap ugly metal containers to store their crap.
Is she now realizing that the weight of Narnia may be a problem.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Not watched the flog yet I dislike her de cluttering flogs. Fanny wants the panelling to rot, she knows Amaury is leaving and she has no one else to install it and she can do a whole cry me a river flog about it. How her dumb patreons still believe this vacuous slob, has any interest in history and restoration is staggering. Maybe the octagonal table, red van and shutter dogs will fit in the container

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I knew there had been previous book coles outs. Thankyou @Pyke for posting the earlier two vlogs of clearing the books. Can’t believe Grant was actually there for a previous book clearance. I think there was a third time clearing that corridor section involving Kat and other female volunteers.
If we can remember these previous times why can’t her stupid fans?
I rewatched the vlogs - she doesn’t even remember the books she owns as she has to touch and look at each one. I love how she expected Grant to sort and pack boxes.
You can’t give books away now - my local charity shop refuses to accept them.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.