The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something really surprises me, so if you can help me.
The photo of the bathroom shows a radiator. There are also radiators in many other rooms. So, are there also pipes that connect these radiators?
If all this exists, it means that they do not have to install pipes (drilling the walls for pipes and installing radiators has already been done) or radiators.
Maybe it all needs to be inspected, valves replaced and similar, but the infrastructure is there.
So, you just need to install a new burner (wood, pellets, gas) and that would be it. Or not?
And one more thing!
If only a new burner is needed, is it possible that it costs (as SJ stated) €300,000?
And I'm confused again!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Looks like Andie is staying at the glamping place and not Lala.
Oops that was supposed to be a link to Andies Instagram story but it didn't work. Sorry I don't know how to save the photos. The glamping place looks nicer than Lala though.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Looks like Andie is staying at the glamping place and not Lala.
Oops that was supposed to be a link to Andies Instagram story but it didn't work. Sorry I don't know how to sahttps://instagram.com/andiewieringa?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=ve the photos. The glamping place looks nicer than Lala though.
Here you go!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Something really surprises me, so if you can help me.
The photo of the bathroom shows a radiator. There are also radiators in many other rooms. So, are there also pipes that connect these radiators?
If all this exists, it means that they do not have to install pipes (drilling the walls for pipes and installing radiators has already been done) or radiators.
Maybe it all needs to be inspected, valves replaced and similar, but the infrastructure is there.
So, you just need to install a new burner (wood, pellets, gas) and that would be it. Or not?
And one more thing!
If only a new burner is needed, is it possible that it costs (as SJ stated) €300,000?
And I'm confused again!
The wallpaper is nice but the 80's from Frodo curtains not so much. She has an air sourced heating system at the moment which only takes the very worst chill off. I imagine it will need replumbing if using oil or a pellet system but I am sure you could half the bill Fanny loves to exaggerate

Reactions: 13
Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

[IMG alt="tat life"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/307/307750.jpg?1659528008[/IMG]
tat life

Today at 11:11 AM
@Jules100 "I do hope the real life installation won’t take too long. I’d actually like it done before Tartlet Days, September 6, 7 & 8 in Key West, Florida."

So so sorry I am a tad late... I've heard real artisans take nearly a year or more to finish a major project like this...
However the installation is almost finally finished.
Please don't lean on the tiles too much as the grout needs time to dry...
Wishing you and the "15" a right 'ole knees up in the Tiki Hut.
Please enjoy a Miller Lite on me (in your new fancy glass of course) and I know your "light lunch" will be absolutely fabulous.
Thank you @Jules100 for the opportunity to volunteer work at your Southernmost Chateau!
As for me, I might just go on a little holiday...

jules100_tiled_tiki_hut_V6.jpg

Last edited: Today at 11:21 AM
Reactions:You, Kotare, HouseLebel and 73 others

I
Isabelle6541

Yesterday at 4:23 PM
Forcing ourselves to go to bed after wine and meeting a few new friends.I really wish I had a secret handshake with @Clara Burnett but sure hope to get a wink. Some locals really do talk smack about the farmhouse. It is actually pretty funny and not shocking at all.

One more thing - she did not promote this event because she did not want people to actually come. They made it difficult and did not communicate well at all. She is so conniving but we know that already. For now I will leave it at that.

Last edited: Yesterday at 4:30 PM
You, Ginginger, Shari Holloway and 70 others

[IMG alt="Jules100"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/192/192001.jpg?1659755379[/IMG]
Jules100
VIP Member

Yesterday at 2:09 PM
Just got home from a quick weekend in Key West. Guess what was waiting for me? Thanks Poshmark.
43C123AE-5584-4269-AC86-648DC81ABF2C.jpeg

Reactions:You, Ginginger, Shari Holloway and 65 others

---

Mod edit, if the thread title is "no thread title" / "too boring for a thread title" we tend to leave it blank. I know these no title titles always get a lot of votes but the joke has been done so many times. Report if there's an actual title to use. Thanks!
[
Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

[IMG alt="tat life"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/307/307750.jpg?1659528008[/IMG]
tat life

Today at 11:11 AM
@Jules100 "I do hope the real life installation won’t take too long. I’d actually like it done before Tartlet Days, September 6, 7 & 8 in Key West, Florida."

So so sorry I am a tad late... I've heard real artisans take nearly a year or more to finish a major project like this...
However the installation is almost finally finished.
Please don't lean on the tiles too much as the grout needs time to dry...
Wishing you and the "15" a right 'ole knees up in the Tiki Hut.
Please enjoy a Miller Lite on me (in your new fancy glass of course) and I know your "light lunch" will be absolutely fabulous.
Thank you @Jules100 for the opportunity to volunteer work at your Southernmost Chateau!
As for me, I might just go on a little holiday...

jules100_tiled_tiki_hut_V6.jpg

Last edited: Today at 11:21 AM
Reactions:You, Kotare, HouseLebel and 73 others

I
Isabelle6541

Yesterday at 4:23 PM
Forcing ourselves to go to bed after wine and meeting a few new friends.I really wish I had a secret handshake with @Clara Burnett but sure hope to get a wink. Some locals really do talk smack about the farmhouse. It is actually pretty funny and not shocking at all.

One more thing - she did not promote this event because she did not want people to actually come. They made it difficult and did not communicate well at all. She is so conniving but we know that already. For now I will leave it at that.

Last edited: Yesterday at 4:30 PM
You, Ginginger, Shari Holloway and 70 others

[IMG alt="Jules100"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/192/192001.jpg?1659755379[/IMG]
Jules100
VIP Member

Yesterday at 2:09 PM
Just got home from a quick weekend in Key West. Guess what was waiting for me? Thanks Poshmark.
43C123AE-5584-4269-AC86-648DC81ABF2C.jpeg

Reactions:You, Ginginger, Shari Holloway and 65 others

---

Mod edit, if the thread title is "no thread title" / "too boring for a thread title" we tend to leave it blank. I know these no title titles always get a lot of votes but the joke has been done so many times. Report if there's an actual title to use. Thanks!
I suggested this which received 23 likes early in the last thread:

“Compared to Fill-Up and the Wallpaper, Gertrude is Well-Hung”
@Madame de Pompanddoodoo Thank you, for all the patron day photos thus far ❤

So the bride wore white, but no sign of the bride 2 groom… 🤔
The Argentinian bully, also in white, as maid of honour…
FRK, also in white…as, well…the flower girl…
Mummy also wore white…
Uncle Steve walked Fanny down the aisle… Percy declined as he didn’t want to be anywhere near PhiPhi…
Kat, also in white… as best man girl…
Below stairs slaves staff Marie and Dan wore black…
For shame…the “fashionable “ Chatelaine Ardwhore wore white after Labour Day.

Did Fill-Up/Caitlyn wear toile?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
🧵 nomination : The chateau is a dream that hides an ugly truth from @OhIDontKnow... 's post seems to sum it all up perfectly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Did they have the light lunch catered or did Fanny and the servants prepare it themselves?
Note the wine bottles were from Chateau Le Gorse. Were they filled with chateau de cask??? :cool:

Cheers everyone!

🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
They were filled with Gorsey’s newest vintage named in honour of Eddie: Mansplain.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The scenes from the Patron Day 1 are both hilarious and ironic. These people have been watching AND PAYING the Chatelaine & the table setter to tart up dining tables with all the crystal & porcelain they helped to buy and here they are crammed into an outhouse that wasn't emptied or even cleaned with the cheapest tableware they had stashed away in the attics. So rude & uncaring. Was there not one decent room in all that ruddy chateau they could have made an effort to decorate and welcome PATRONS for god's sake? In the olden days they prepped for months to make banquets for visiting nobles who were chateau patrons - I bet that if that Duchess who SJ proudly goes on about in the intro had been treated like that on her visit, the Marquis de Nadillac would have been no more.Btw wouldn't this have been an occasion for Phi Phi to promote his table-setting channel? Oh forgot, he's got his shoppe to 'reveal' & get a quicker cash grab.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I have to say, I'm impressed! Well done Steph!

The images looks like this is a well planned event!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Thanks! It was a crazy process! Simpler instructions are in order for the wiki.
I was at a loss for a title so just named it "Thread with No Name" but I guess the mods didn't like it. Who is the newest VIP? Pick a thread title and report it!
Reminds me of the old Friends episode names!😜

So they spent some money on hired tables and chairs, raided the attic for fabric to use as tablecloths. Chateau Lagorce, isn't that Ed and Anna's place.
The bakery got a good order crocquembouch for three different days.
Ed and Anna do own the chateau but not the winery.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
MPK's video was well done, the little space below the stairs for Tete was nice touch.

I'm glad that Tete is still with him. I was a bit worried what happened to Tete because Birdie seems to have ditched him for Mo.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Call me a monkeys uncle! Stef and co appear to have pulled off a pleasant patrons day part 1, (based solely on the pics). I say this with all sincerity, I am glad the patrons had a nice day at the chateau (however foolish I think they are)…

• Heart
Reactions: 27
@Pekey I’m with you. Most of the rooms are stuffed, but you don’t shove people, who are paying your way, and very handsomely, into the garage - wherever that is. That’s so rude. I’m wondering where everyone is sleeping. Maybe there’s a bus to take them to the closest auberge de vacances.or Le Bates Motel. Maybe that’s safer than what we’ve heard about HMN!
I tell you if I was pulling in over A$32,000 a month from strangers and they bothered to come over I would be treating them very well indeed or....... the bloody money will stop rolling in!
What they did in the garage is lazy and insulting in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The scenes from the Patron Day 1 are both hilarious and ironic. These people have been watching AND PAYING the Chatelaine & the table setter to tart up dining tables with all the crystal & porcelain they helped to buy and here they are crammed into an outhouse that wasn't emptied or even cleaned with the cheapest tableware they had stashed away in the attics. So rude & uncaring. Was there not one decent room in all that ruddy chateau they could have made an effort to decorate and welcome PATRONS for god's sake? In the olden days they prepped for months to make banquets for visiting nobles who were chateau patrons - I bet that if that Duchess who SJ proudly goes on about in the intro had been treated like that on her visit, the Marquis de Nadillac would have been no more.Btw wouldn't this have been an occasion for Phi Phi to promote his table-setting channel? Oh forgot, he's got his shoppe to 'reveal' & get a quicker cash grab.
That twit has no table setting skills.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.