The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A quick poll for the thread title:

(y) "Fanny is so full of :poop: it's pushed up to make a cleavage" @sideways (edited)

❤ "It's Patreon Daze, beware of the gnomes, erh Mummy and Percy" @NoIAmNotAHorse (edited)

😆 "The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..." @OhIDontKnow...

15 tartlets, 15 votes, then I'll report my post.
Posthumous (sounds a bit morbid) Congratulations to @OhIDontKnow... for the thread title, an honourable mention to @Jeeves for nominating the title.
The other two goes into my thread title archive and may be used in the future.
Thank you moderator for putting the up.

Edit: Thanks @Iolair for reminding me. @Freesia54 congratulations on your VIP status. Thread number 179 is yours to name. @Hemerocallis soon to be VIP, I'm leaving 180 for you.

To all the gangsta grannies remember to read the Wiki - LOL.
Happy tattling.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
The photo with Pots and Natty caught my eye. The couple at the table with them don't look star struck. They appear to be listening very carefully. I suspect they are the sleuths!

Well done @Le Baiseur on the new thread. I was shocked when I arrived this morning to find 55 pages!

It's very French to sit on uncomfortable wooden chairs or benches.
Yes the more uncomfortable the better, preferably the bench version.

Also well done @Le Baiseur on the new thread, rather you than me.

Plus congratulations @Freesia54 on your VIP 🥂 🍾

• Heart
Reactions: 19
No co ordination of cloths or ironed…. Cheap looking cutlery. The plates from Daveys mother? Not the lovely Limoges ones. No cruets , Isabel 🤪 the flowers far too tall and mean. And paper napkins - crime. Camping in the old pheasant NOOOO Jag shed. Where is the jag

I thought they had a party for thirty in the entrance hall. Easter? And managed with out FRK . The Dutch woman made those unappealing tarts
Not sure, others will know who still watch the tit. But I have seen photos of that hall and she has had other dinner parties in there- those few guests in the garage could have been entertained inside. You know, when I have guests here, and I entertain outside due to the heat-we sit on cushioned chairs, well set tables, candles, incense, I serve the best food I can afford and cook, and have copious drinks :D . I even set up for a casual bbq's better than her poo stained garage- she didn't even try.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Ed and Anna do own the chateau but not the winery.

I was thinking the same. The drapes don’t work well with the walls but I like the modern tub. I wonder if it’s the bathroom to the Marquis’ suite?
So why serve that bordeaux wine if the only link is so loose to chateau verse (same name is all). Wouldn't a more locally produced wine earn her more brownie points with both locals and guests.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes the more uncomfortable the better, preferably the bench version.

Also well done @Le Baiseur on the new thread, rather you than me.

Plus congratulations @Freesia54 on your VIP 🥂 🍾
My point about the chairs is a) most of the guests are presumably not French b) this is not a village fete c) Fanny earns 30k a month from these people. Are all they go away with is sore bums & a rustic handcrafted box with a lavender bag & jar of honey?
This is not a classy, sophisticated event. It's an event done on the cheap as usual. This is a massive FU to those patrons IMO. Look you idiots - this is how much I care about you.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think his other dog is called Bertie, happy to be corrected, of course! :D
No idea on the spelling, I thought Birdie would make sense because the dog is soooo small and with all this hair going in all directions, he looks a bit as if he has feathers :)

Reactions: 10
Exactly - they themselves have been harping on about this for ages but maybe you @Tea with lemon like myself were too bored to listen but I do remember that fun game of sprinting into the rooms with Dan, Amaury & SJ to catch the leaks from the radiators. The punch line from all this and Amaury's reasoning was "Cus, even if we got it all going, we couldn't afford the fuel"
I do not know.
All this can be fixed and improved
My radiator leaked last spring, the repairman came, removed the damaged rib and everything is fine.
When we changed the radiators in the kitchen and bathroom, again, the masters came, they made the transition from the old thicker pipes to the thinner new ones and everything was fine again.
I want to say: SJ does not think of introducing heating in the chateau. Not even in the part they use in the winter. These big figures for installing heating that she talks about are just for the purpose of Patreon begging.

Reactions: 19
My point about the chairs is a) most of the guests are presumably not French b) this is not a village fete c) Fanny earns 30k a month from these people. Are all they go away with is sore bums & a rustic handcrafted box with a lavender bag & jar of honey?
This is not a classy, sophisticated event. It's an event done on the cheap as usual. This is a massive FU to those patrons IMO.
Speaking of chairs, where are those chairs plaster Ian (and Selmar) had to walk up the stairs?
Even if she didn't have enough chairs. It wouldn't cost her much to rent tables, chairs and service from a company, would it?! 🧐

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Thank you for the new thread @Le Baiseur. I am EDT +6, I hope that gives an indication of when I might be asleep. :LOL:

Only thread nomination last thread was @sideways "Fanny is so full of :poop: its pushed up into a cleavage" (edited version) or if somebody can make something witty about Patreon daze. We could use those...

@Freesia54 Congratulations on the VIP status. If you want to name this one you can, or else #179 is all yours...

Didn't we have another VIP, I seem to remember last thread about a tartlet saying it was their 999th post...

Seems like Stephanie went all out on Patreon days. As it should if she didn't want a hoarde of Patreons turning to tattle...
Our other newest VIP is Hemercallis. I believe she could have pipped the post the day before Freesia54, but am unsure.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is not a classy, sophisticated event. It's an event done on the cheap as usual. This is a massive FU to those patrons IMO. Look you idiots - this is how much I care about you.
I agree about the chairs, nothing worst that a sore bum after sitting for a while.
And, let's not forget, the lavender and honey are freebies courtesy of the HMN forecourt plants and the local farmer.
As we are all fully aware, SJ only spends money on expensive items for herself, outside of which, she is extremely mean and frugal, AKA, tight as a duck's a**e! ;)

Reactions: 13
As a collective they have no idea- the Jarvis women are so cheap and vulgar. For the amount of guests on Day1, and I suppose the same amount for the next 2 days, it wouldn't have cost very much extra at all to have provided better food and ambience. I would have been seriously pissed to be entertained in the garage at a summer party.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Something really surprises me, so if you can help me.
The photo of the bathroom shows a radiator. There are also radiators in many other rooms. So, are there also pipes that connect these radiators?
If all this exists, it means that they do not have to install pipes (drilling the walls for pipes and installing radiators has already been done) or radiators.
Maybe it all needs to be inspected, valves replaced and similar, but the infrastructure is there.
So, you just need to install a new burner (wood, pellets, gas) and that would be it. Or not?
And one more thing!
If only a new burner is needed, is it possible that it costs (as SJ stated) €300,000?
And I'm confused again!
As there were previously leaks, according to husband the whole system needs to be redone, as if you just reconnect to the exisitng a leak will appear elsewhere. We already know things were done half arsed in the beginng and I suspect the central heating is no exception. An example, one of the Chateaux husband worked (smaller than LaLande) on installing gas (pellet worked out more expensive). The boiler alone was 14,000.00 euros. For the installation of that, hot water tank and pumps came to 33,000.00 euros in total. The pipework in the boiler room was done in iron pipe. The heating system had been well maintained and didn't need touching. So, if you take into account La Lande is a bigger property, so bigger boiler etc, if the heating system has not been maintained or used that much the radiators could crack/leak then that will all need to be redone. In this last year the prices have all increased significantly. Hope this makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I believe the honor goes to @Freesia54 🥳
Well this is a surprise... sorry I'm late to the party, recovering from surgery is taking it's toll, but each day is better than the day before. A big Thank you to you all for your good wishes... I have no idea where to even begin with this honorary task of naming but I'll give it a shot based on the current topic... The Patreons came in 2 x 2 and herded to the pens. it's naff I know but it's a title....Thanks again for your well wishes..

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I do not know.
All this can be fixed and improved
My radiator leaked last spring, the repairman came, removed the damaged rib and everything is fine.
When we changed the radiators in the kitchen and bathroom, again, the masters came, they made the transition from the old thicker pipes to the thinner new ones and everything was fine again.
I want to say: SJ does not think of introducing heating in the chateau. Not even in the part they use in the winter. These big figures for installing heating that she talks about are just for the purpose of Patreon begging.
I was wondering earlier, whether the existing heating system at the HMN is actually divided into different boilers (whatever) for separate areas within the HMN.
It dawned on me that of course SJ didn't originally install an entirely new functioning system for the entire HMN at all way back when, simply because if she can't afford to install these days as she constantly bleats on about, then she certainly couldn't have afforded to do it in the past.
They installed under floor heating in the Grand Salon which apparently never worked.
For example, how are Nic and Potts' apartments currently heated? No mention of wood burners being installed there! :unsure:

Reactions: 6
Reasonable effort 😂 ? She gets £33k a month from these people!!! She's had ages to prepare& she comes up with something which resembles a family party. Not a prestige event at a chateau.
Couldn't even clear the old doors from the dining area. Hard old seats, un-ironed table cloths, usual farmhouse cheap food, stingy cheeseboard.
These people have been conned by the snake oil saleswoman who is still getting away with it.
Sorry but this event is cheap & shoddy. If those people are stupid enough to be happy with this level of event then they deserve to be scammed IMO.
It is cheap and shoddy, but for Shiteau LieLande’s usual efforts it’s pretty impressive. No brussel sprouts pasta or asparagus boiled eggs in sight. Although that cheese tray… shaking my damn head. You do not serve a cheese tray with the cheese sitting directly on metal! All that bloody damned porcelain that PhiPhi is fondling and they couldn’t find one decent platter? Armoire couldn’t have carved something?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Well this is a surprise... sorry I'm late to the party, recovering from surgery is taking it's toll, but each day is better than the day before. A big Thank you to you all for your good wishes... I have no idea where to even begin with this honorary task of naming but I'll give it a shot based on the current topic... The Patreons came in 2 x 2 and herded to the pens. it's naff I know but it's a title....Thanks again for your well wishes..
Congrats your VIP'ness @Freesia54.
Hope your ongoing recovery is speedier. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.