The Chateau Diaries #177 Tattlers, the ideal summer garden party guests!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unless I'm missing it, if he's not being quoted by the Daily Mail as H&M's 'spokesperson', I dont see him at all on UK TV.
Sorry you have to endure him on US TV @MRShavershamsdress. He's hard to take seriously at the best of times and has a face like a duck's arse :rolleyes:
The national broadcast agencies, at least CBS and NBC have him on any time there’s royal gossip and list him as a “royal correspondent”. Or they did until he got his nuts in a sling over some scandal. CBS has dropped him in favor of someone else but you still see Scobie on the morning gossip rag shows. Gawd do I want to pluck those caterpillars right on his face!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've got freckles too and green eyes all the freaky tit together-maybe I'm an alien

To be honest as a young female in that environment so many blokes some very well known were vile-you often got touched up-propositioned told how they could make or break you ya de ya. Treated like a show pony, laddish jokes etc etc. You learn to be careful, take care of yourself and be good at your job, but in today's world I hope it doesn't happen as much.

To be honest as a young female in that environment so many blokes some very well known were vile-you often got touched up-propositioned told how they could make or break you ya de ya. Treated like a show pony, laddish jokes etc etc. You learn to be careful, take care of yourself and be good at your job, but in today's world I hope it doesn't happen as much.
But we all know it still does happen.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Well, it's that magical time is here: it's officially PATRON OPEN HOUSE/DAZE! For all those in situ, bonne chance!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
There's also a tiny loo in the wintersalon, though I doubt it's usable. But there's the bathroom of the Marquis' apartment that's easy accessible from the courtyard through that hideous wedgewood vestibule....My understanding is that they will use that one and the down stairs loo.
They will use neither! There will be portaloos and patrons will only have a quick tour of the chateau.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Re: Policing.

In my opinion, there's a member here that might be regarded as a loud mouthed misogynistic twit. Do I police that person? No, I scroll on by. There's a person here who time and time again, doesn't or can't read the room before posting, and manages to offend at least one person per post. Police or ignore? There's a person here that believes they are the height of wit, but whose jokes I find majestically flat and bland. Police, ignore or scroll past? There's one who, at the expense of other's intelligence, delights in correcting them. Police or ignore? There are people here who are so intelligent, I'm in awe and feel humbled by them even looking in my direction. But as intimidated as I sometimes can be by them, I stick around in the hopes of learning something, and have! There are yet others so cleverly funny that I hope to emulate them, and can't, because I'm not even in the same league. There's a couple of anothers who have slapped me into the ground so hard, I'm sure they thought I'd never get up again... ignore? Police? Scroll past their response? Actually no. It's been bloody funny, had me in hysterics and I respect them for even trying. I'm positive I've made it onto quite a few other people's ignore lists too. Their choice. I could be catty and say their loss as well, but so what? We can't all be liked. I too have tried policing others in the past but am trying to do better. But for all our faults and occasional missteps, we can remain united in one thing... our pure disgust at the behaviour of Stephanie, her obvious misappropriation of Patreon funds, her highly distasteful grifting, her monumental cockups (including her hitching herself to Philip), and her appalling lack of transparency. This is our focus and what binds us together. For everything else we can hit ignore or there's the choice of scrolling by.

You know who the infamous 15 Tattle members are? No-one and everyone. 15 is the average number of fellow members on some other Tattle member's ignore list (jk). 😄 Freedom of choice is an excellent concept when there's actually 100's of us. Feel free to scroll on by.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
She's calm because she's seen the handful of RSVPs or because she knows most of her patrons are fake accounts.
Well she planned it at the most awkward time, midweek and split over 3 days to divide and comquer. And not in summer as originally promised. No accommodation, no wheelchair accessible areas, she couldnt have made it harder to attend if shed tried.

Yep, he creeps me out. I’m not sure why. He seems to be the type of bloke who goes through life without a relationship. Maybe his eyes have always only been for Fanny and he’s not been able to develop a relationship OR there could be some different type of attraction for him.

I don’t know who could tolerate his stupid “jokes,” but I can see his appeal to Fanny. She’d be the beneficiary of his taxi business.

What a shallow life she has. Always trying to fill it with material crap. The most expensive stuff that she feels free to ruin because it’s the money of her cult that’s paying.

We don’t really use wallpaper in Australia except in perhaps the protected heritage houses. I do like more feminine papers on one wall, so whatever that Marquis’ room paper she absolutely destroyed, was an abomination to my eyes. That was even before they stuffed it up. Another FU to the patrons
You hit the nail on the head with
He literally bugs the tit out of me. All his jokes pre rehearsed his stupid tartan crap, his poor dye job, but I feel sorry for the wee little tiny weeny man. He is so loyal and eager to please, lavishing his brattling with holidays and help and in return for what? I used to like Fanny because she had all these misfits around her and seemed to embrace them all. I mistook this for kindness and not needing to only hanging out with life's beautiful people, but the reality is they are all just used aren't they and mocked. Gerry included. Very sad.
hi ‘s the court jester to her princess. Except he’s not funny

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Forcing ourselves to go to bed after wine and meeting a few new friends.I really wish I had a secret handshake with @Clara Burnett but sure hope to get a wink. Some locals really do talk smack about the farmhouse. It is actually pretty funny and not shocking at all.

One more thing - she did not promote this event because she did not want people to actually come. They made it difficult and did not communicate well at all. She is so conniving but we know that already. For now I will leave it at that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
I can’t get caught up no matter how hard I try. I’m not going too far away and promise to pick up tattle and read as much as I can. Covid cases on the rise, plus every communicable disease that’s been hiding behind the masks but, thank gawd no monkeypox yet but it’s nearby. I’m exhausted but standing in the shadows in anticipation of a magnificent patreon day (but not in the way Fanny would hope.) Missing your banter even if it’s inappropriate. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Yep, he creeps me out. I’m not sure why. He seems to be the type of bloke who goes through life without a relationship. Maybe his eyes have always only been for Fanny and he’s not been able to develop a relationship OR there could be some different type of attraction for him.

I don’t know who could tolerate his stupid “jokes,” but I can see his appeal to Fanny. She’d be the beneficiary of his taxi business.

What a shallow life she has. Always trying to fill it with material crap. The most expensive stuff that she feels free to ruin because it’s the money of her cult that’s paying.

We don’t really use wallpaper in Australia except in perhaps the protected heritage houses. I do like more feminine papers on one wall, so whatever that Marquis’ room paper she absolutely destroyed, was an abomination to my eyes. That was even before they stuffed it up. Another FU to the patrons
I'm sure she'll get something, but surely his family (doesn't he have children) will be first in line?

(On a different note and sidetracking away, with apologies, from the topic at hand... after moving to the UK I was very surprised at the emphasis placed on wallpapering a room here. I'm not a fan and stupidly ripped half of ours off when husband and I renovated our home. I later realised that it's so popular here in the northern climes due to it's insulating properties. I'm from a tropical Australian island, so wtf did I kno and 9f course I knew best lolol, but that first Winter up here the cold of Europe hit me like a rogue iceberg. I truly suffered thanks to my own stupidity! I've come around to wallpaper now and go for thick insulating stuff with several fire retardant under layers - something Fanny should have done in her open barn of a home).

Reactions: 11
oh no wonder Marie is there, she is probably being paid to do the flowers for Patron's day
I imagine it is very much like a crap ComicCon where two bit stars are wheeled out to sign photos of themselves for a price. All of the chateau characters will be sitting at a table with a Sharpie pen & a cash box for the adoring fans to have a chance to see their heroes in the flesh. Marie is being put in one of the outbuildings which has yet to be renovated & no-one can find.. Dan will be sitting under his pergola in the stocks where people can throw tomatoes at him.. Cuz in his workshop flexing his muscles. Scotman in the downstairs loo colouring in the gaps. Mummy on the chaise longue in the kitchen bellowing instructions. Fanny in her bed with an ostrich feather headress & double Wonderbras waving at guests passing her door. Phi Phi in Ye Olde Chateau Gift Emporium with his Peppa Pig cash register. Potts by the bread oven selling pizza. Percy catching coins thrown in the bucket in the well. Cat in cocktail corner - one for you, one for me. Marie at the kitchen table steaming labels off shop bought jam & sticking La Lande labels on. Dana on the falafel stall with a sideline in chunky jewellery. Natti in the Marquis Suite with the credit card machine tippexing out the accounts. Pavlina hiding in the attic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I live on a lake... My neighbor just told me the name. They are big birds and I hear not native...maybe came from Canada??? I need to do some research. Either way huge tree above our community fire pit and lots of poop. 😅
Cormorants are found right across the globe except on central Pacific Islands, because presumably, they don't have the range. Fishing with cormorants has happened throughout history, from ancient Hellas to the marshes of the Egyptian Delta, and beyond. Fishing with the birds these days are pretty much limited to Macedonia, Japan and China, but they are common everywhere. My neighbours little nephew was once attacked by a cormorant while walking along the beach in the south of England. A vicious attack, which required 15 stitches, so a bird I've never knowingly gone near since hearing that.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
This is how I see Patreon days will be done. The cast will be in their “natural habitat” showing the patrons that they work hard every day.
Dan - fixing the steel beams or whatever it is made from. But we know that could have been done a month ago based on his vlog about painting.
Kristi and Pavilina - in the gardens. Weeding, showing what is growing, etc.
Davy - doing a tour outside showing how he envisions the grounds.
Fanny and whatever he is - holding court while Isabelle and Percy running interference. Don’t tell me Percy can’t do that with the best of them - to have his background he needed that skill.
Aunt and Uncle - serving food.
Will Amuary show off his wood shop while doing examples of what he can create.
Natti - checking people and then showing how to do a mail merge to show how the patreon cards are done on a timely basis. Show how the booking system works. The work schedule.

Lots of sarcasm here but I do have think some of it has a ring of truth.
I believe after these days are over with we will never see Dan at the chateau again.
I really hope no other owners are there but they will be.
Shouldn't that be 'Aunt and Uncle - eating food'?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.