The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here you are, you bunch of dreadful people! 🥰 :love:
On F*******ook:
I wish I hadn’t posted on here because I just found out that someone has taken pictures off my profile and posted on tattle with derogatory remarks . Shame the same managed to omit the fact that it was a fantastic day , absolute bunch of dreadful people !

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I see IJ was wearing what was probably a gifted necklace which has never before seen the light of day! I wonder how many other gifts were on display; a pity it wasn't cold weather, they could all have worn the horrific hand-knitted sweaters. I wonder if the patrons were looking around for the gifts they had sent. PJ can be seen in the bedroom mirror, wearing a white shirt. Those patrons look like fans visiting the set of a TV soap opera, having their photos taken with the cast. It's their 15 minutes of "fame"!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
A quick poll for the thread title:

(y) "Fanny is so full of :poop: it's pushed up to make a cleavage" @sideways (edited)

❤ "It's Patreon Daze, beware of the gnomes, erh Mummy and Percy" @NoIAmNotAHorse (edited)

😆 "The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..." @OhIDontKnow...

15 tartlets, 15 votes, then I'll report my post.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I see IJ was wearing what was probably a gifted necklace which has never before seen the light of day! I wonder how many other gifts were on display; a pity it wasn't cold weather, they could all have worn the horrific hand-knitted sweaters. I wonder if the patrons were looking around for the gifts they had sent. PJ can be seen in the bedroom mirror, wearing a white shirt. Those patrons look like fans visiting the set of a TV soap opera, having their photos taken with the cast. It's their 15 minutes of "fame"!
Well the shenanigans at the hmn are like a 'no soap opera ' :p

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
So they spent some money on hired tables and chairs, raided the attic for fabric to use as tablecloths. Chateau Lagorce, isn't that Ed and Anna's place.
The bakery got a good order crocquembouch for three different days.
Ed and Anna do own the chateau but not the winery.
What bathroom is this? I actually like the wallpaper!
Or it might be me coming off the med's. I had day surgery today so glad to be home. I was really scared to be knocked out, but all went well. Hopefully biopsy will show nothing. Thanks everyone for the open day photos. I'm enjoying looking at them all.
I was thinking the same. The drapes don’t work well with the walls but I like the modern tub. I wonder if it’s the bathroom to the Marquis’ suite?

Reactions: 12
Something really surprises me, so if you can help me.
The photo of the bathroom shows a radiator. There are also radiators in many other rooms. So, are there also pipes that connect these radiators?
If all this exists, it means that they do not have to install pipes (drilling the walls for pipes and installing radiators has already been done) or radiators.
Maybe it all needs to be inspected, valves replaced and similar, but the infrastructure is there.
So, you just need to install a new burner (wood, pellets, gas) and that would be it. Or not?
And one more thing!
If only a new burner is needed, is it possible that it costs (as SJ stated) €300,000?
And I'm confused again!
I expect the system they installed was undersized to start. Add to that cheap, low end components and a worn out system that is 17 years old. The radiators themselves were failing so you now have heating that needs almost total replacement.

Reactions: 22
I think the grift will stop in a number of ways: 1) run its course people move on get bored CH4 cancel Chateau DIY 2) Fanny cuts and runs onto something else 3) huge media expose that actually proves she has mis spent the money and been dishonest in some way 4) the whole Chateauverse gets shown to be a major con and is exposed by the media

Reactions: 25
I think the grift will stop in a number of ways: 1) run its course people move on get bored CH4 cancel Chateau DIY 2) Fanny cuts and runs onto something else 3) huge media expose that actually proves she has mis spent the money and been dishonest in some way 4) the whole Chateauverse gets shown to be a major con and is exposed by the media
Hoping for any of the above except #2

Reactions: 10
On F*******ook:
I wish I hadn’t posted on here because I just found out that someone has taken pictures off my profile and posted on tattle with derogatory remarks . Shame the same managed to omit the fact that it was a fantastic day , absolute bunch of dreadful people !
Wonder how they found out? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👀👀👀

• Haha
Reactions: 37
So if Stephanfraudie is actually using copyrighted music without paying royalties/usage fees then her YouTube channel is in violation of its terms of service and should be reported as such. At least the ones using recognizably covered music. That’s enough for a channel to be taken down.😈

On F*******ook:
We can only hope Dauphin Dubious shows up before dazed and confused days are over for some light Tattle emtertainment.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
To be honest I think it is best that there wasn't a coup at the patron days it would probably have only made the cult rabid. Looks like there was a fair number of people there and she did go to a reasonable effort. I am sure the plan if the weather was good was to have such in the court yard. It makes me a bit sad to see people have dressed up and obviously have been really looking forward to it, but I suppose whatever makes you happy. the food looks pretty good, harlequin sets of china used, flowers on the tables even if they did eat in the garage. Credit where it is due Fanny knows how to put on the charm and she was never not going to mingle and put on a show these people are her bread and butter, Givenchy and Erdem.
Reasonable effort 😂 ? She gets £33k a month from these people!!! She's had ages to prepare& she comes up with something which resembles a family party. Not a prestige event at a chateau.
Couldn't even clear the old doors from the dining area. Hard old seats, un-ironed table cloths, usual farmhouse cheap food, stingy cheeseboard.
These people have been conned by the snake oil saleswoman who is still getting away with it.
Sorry but this event is cheap & shoddy. If those people are stupid enough to be happy with this level of event then they deserve to be scammed IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I tell you if I was pulling in over A$32,000 a month from strangers and they bothered to come over I would be treating them very well indeed or....... the bloody money will stop rolling in!
What they did in the garage is lazy and insulting in my opinion.
Pekey- are the Graphtreon numbers in US$ dollars? If so $34318 per month is $51008Aust! For that amount of moolah you would think she could have served champagne, better food and moved stuff around in the entrance hall to accommodate her guests. Those tables could easily have been put inside- there weren't a lot of guests. I didn't think is was rustic at all, I thought it was rude. It was a summer party not a bbq in the garage- I am surprised she didn't serve Bunnings sausages in white bread and tomato sauce!
Edit- Princess we pressed go at the same time!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
The scenes from the Patron Day 1 are both hilarious and ironic. These people have been watching AND PAYING the Chatelaine & the table setter to tart up dining tables with all the crystal & porcelain they helped to buy and here they are crammed into an outhouse that wasn't emptied or even cleaned with the cheapest tableware they had stashed away in the attics. So rude & uncaring. Was there not one decent room in all that ruddy chateau they could have made an effort to decorate and welcome PATRONS for god's sake? In the olden days they prepped for months to make banquets for visiting nobles who were chateau patrons - I bet that if that Duchess who SJ proudly goes on about in the intro had been treated like that on her visit, the Marquis de Nadillac would have been no more.Btw wouldn't this have been an occasion for Phi Phi to promote his table-setting channel? Oh forgot, he's got his shoppe to 'reveal' & get a quicker cash grab.
No co ordination of cloths or ironed…. Cheap looking cutlery. The plates from Daveys mother? Not the lovely Limoges ones. No cruets , Isabel 🤪 the flowers far too tall and mean. And paper napkins - crime. Camping in the old pheasant NOOOO Jag shed. Where is the jag

Pekey- are the Graphtreon numbers in US$ dollars? If so $34318 per month is $51008Aust! For that amount of moolah you would think she could have served champagne, better food and moved stuff around in the entrance hall to accommodate her guests. Those tables could easily have been put inside- there weren't a lot of guests. I didn't think is was rustic at all, I thought it was rude. It was a summer party not a bbq in the garage- I am surprised she didn't serve Bunnings sausages in white bread and tomato sauce!
Edit- Princess we pressed go at the same time!
I thought they had a party for thirty in the entrance hall. Easter? And managed with out FRK . The Dutch woman made those unappealing tarts

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
MPK's video was well done, the little space below the stairs for Tete was nice touch.

I'm glad that Tete is still with him. I was a bit worried what happened to Tete because Birdie seems to have ditched him for Mo.
I liked his vlog too although did skip through some of the staircase installation. He is an excellent videographer no matter what else he gets up to and I always enjoy his choice of music.
Am a little confused as to why he is cleaning up the entire cottage but there has been no mention of completing the bathroom/toilet as that will defo make one hell of a mess with plaster/grout dust/drilling and digging out channels for piping etc. :unsure:
I agree, that little cubby hole for Tete was really cute and cosy. I think his other dog is called Bertie, happy to be corrected, of course! :D

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What a shame I ve got to do webinars on PATREON DAYS... I ve got to catch up in the night... So far no weird super fan stabbed her I hope.... I m very excited for the photos and news and... Thank you very much all for posting the pictures etc thrilled for the zoom to end.....

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Reasonable effort 😂 ? She gets £33k a month from these people!!! She's had ages to prepare& she comes up with something which resembles a family party. Not a prestige event at a chateau.
Couldn't even clear the old doors from the dining area. Hard old seats, un-ironed table cloths, usual farmhouse cheap food, stingy cheeseboard.
These people have been conned by the snake oil saleswoman who is still getting away with it.
Sorry but this event is cheap & shoddy. If those people are stupid enough to be happy with this level of event then they deserve to be scammed IMO.
From the pics I wasn’t too impressed. But, Fanny obviously knows her guests. They are thrilled just to be there and in her presence and that of the other cast of characters at the shitoo. Regardless of that, wouldn’t it have been nice to cater in some nice food for the damn thing? She has all those refrigerators available to keep things cold. I know someone who had a wedding in a machine shed and it was the most beautiful transformation when they finished. I see very little effort here at all. She’s counting on her “star power” to carry the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I expect the system they installed was undersized to start. Add to that cheap, low end components and a worn out system that is 17 years old. The radiators themselves were failing so you now have heating that needs almost total replacement.
Exactly - they themselves have been harping on about this for ages but maybe you @Tea with lemon like myself were too bored to listen but I do remember that fun game of sprinting into the rooms with Dan, Amaury & SJ to catch the leaks from the radiators. The punch line from all this and Amaury's reasoning was "Cus, even if we got it all going, we couldn't afford the fuel"

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.