The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know some folks don’t like Chateau de Montmagner but they they took a complete wreck and have built a kitchen and summer kitchen and can offer a full menu and live music with ease (and all the proper permits and licenses). This looks like a little church party not done well.
I am not fond of them but ....... my god they worked so hard !!!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So they spent some money on hired tables and chairs, raided the attic for fabric to use as tablecloths. Chateau Lagorce, isn't that Ed and Anna's place.
The bakery got a good order crocquembouch for three different days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
@Madame de Pompanddoodoo Thank you, for all the patron day photos thus far ❤

So the bride wore white, but no sign of the bride 2 groom… 🤔
The Argentinian bully, also in white, as maid of honour…
FRK, also in white…as, well…the flower girl…
Mummy also wore white…
Uncle Steve walked Fanny down the aisle… Percy declined as he didn’t want to be anywhere near PhiPhi…
Kat, also in white… as best man girl…
Below stairs slaves staff Marie and Dan wore black…
So the guests who may have travelled across the globe sit on wooden school chairs at tables with un-ironed table cloths. No time, effort or expense spared to host them quite clearly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
So the guests who may have travelled across the globe sit on wooden school chairs at tables with un-ironed table cloths. No time, effort or expense spared to host them quite clearly.
One thing you are sure to not stumble over at this château is STYLE

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The photo with Pots and Natty caught my eye. The couple at the table with them don't look star struck. They appear to be listening very carefully. I suspect they are the sleuths!

Well done @Le Baiseur on the new thread. I was shocked when I arrived this morning to find 55 pages!

It's very French to sit on uncomfortable wooden chairs or benches.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
The photo with Pots and Natty caught my eye. The couple at the table with them don't look star struck. They appear to be listening very carefully. I suspect they are the sleuths!

Well done @Le Baiseur on the new thread. I was shocked when I arrived this morning to find 55 pages!

It's very French to sit on uncomfortable wooden chairs or benches.
I'm guessing that their guests are probably not French? I've been to village/town events in France & Spain where a stage is rigged up & local people attend & it is always the fold up chairs that come out. But at a prestigious indoor event at a chateau I'd expect padded chairs at least. I remember at a work event which I had to organise at the last minute I ordered chairs & when they turned up they were so chipped & awful I sent them back. BIG mistake. Only ones I then could get were gold with black velvet seats...it looked like a wedding not a work function!!
Obviously they went for the cheapest possible option. I'd have gone for these for the guests. And of course the 2nd option for the King & Queen of La Lande. 😂 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I am not fond of them but ....... my god they worked so hard !!!!!!!!!
I admire Ted and Lisa. I don't share their taste...the rooms are dark and look like a pub from the 1980s. I think they were crazy to take on their project without financial back up but they have really grafted, learned the language and have deserved their success

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@billybudd

Sorry for the delay. I’m not aware of any recent sprays from here to the UK or vice versa. We have a new PM, and he’s keen on Republicanism, but I’m sure he won’t make a move on that while HM is with us. Our PM still has the best part of 4 years tenure.

I think it was the last Census (2021) or it could have been polls where it was clear that approximately only 40% of the population was keen on the monarchy.

Most people I know aren’t happy at the prospect of Charles’ accession. Younger kids have no idea who/what the RF is, the next two generations up would be quite blasé as long as it’s the Queen, then the oldest generation 80 plus would be 50/50. There’s the multicultural aspect too. I’ve found that those who have been here since the 40s, 50s, but speak very little English aren’t interested in monarchy, and the descendants of the people who immigrated or sought asylum, feel the same way.

I do think that post HM, there’ll be a push for a Republic of Australia.

“…well may we say God save the Queen because nothing will save the Governor General,” said Gough Whitlam of John Kerr. That was the most memorable comment from the constitutional crisis in the mid 70s.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
To be honest I think it is best that there wasn't a coup at the patron days it would probably have only made the cult rabid. Looks like there was a fair number of people there and she did go to a reasonable effort. I am sure the plan if the weather was good was to have such in the court yard. It makes me a bit sad to see people have dressed up and obviously have been really looking forward to it, but I suppose whatever makes you happy. the food looks pretty good, harlequin sets of china used, flowers on the tables even if they did eat in the garage. Credit where it is due Fanny knows how to put on the charm and she was never not going to mingle and put on a show these people are her bread and butter, Givenchy and Erdem.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Did they have the light lunch catered or did Fanny and the servants prepare it themselves?
Note the wine bottles were from Chateau Le Gorse. Were they filled with chateau de cask??? :cool:

Cheers everyone!

🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
If I was one of the $$$ big time Patreons and I travelled all that way I would be expecting to be sitting Inside the Farmhouse and not in the garage!
I know some rooms are stuffed but they should have cleared something inside as that is what these people are paying for ..... Chateau/Farmhouse reno's !!!
Well that is one day down and two more to go ...... oh Fanny so much work and you will be exhausted and off on a much needed holiday to get over it all. o_O
I would like to remind you that most people have a job and they have to put themselves out 5 days a week .... sometimes more!!!
That is called "Having a job"........... I am talking to Squirrel Boy too !!! :cautious:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Thank you! @Le Baiseur

Phi Phi was also in a white shirt.
It seems to me that he also painted his nails white.
His job was, apparently, "leading tours"
It looks like the La La team has gone all out!
What they can do, they must! Big $$$$$ is at stake!
What bathroom is this? I actually like the wallpaper!
Or it might be me coming off the med's. I had day surgery today so glad to be home. I was really scared to be knocked out, but all went well. Hopefully biopsy will show nothing. Thanks everyone for the open day photos. I'm enjoying looking at them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Or it might be me coming off the med's. I had day surgery today so glad to be home. I was really scared to be knocked out, but all went well. Hopefully biopsy will show nothing. Thanks everyone for the open day photos. I'm enjoying looking at them all.
Thinking of you Sparrowsfart and hope all is well !!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
If I was one of the $$$ big time Patreons and I travelled all that way I would be expecting to be sitting Inside the Farmhouse and not in the garage!
I know some rooms are stuffed but they should have cleared something inside as that is what these people are paying for ..... Chateau/Farmhouse reno's !!!
Well that is one day down and two more to go ...... oh Fanny so much work and you will be exhausted and off on a much needed holiday to get over it all. o_O
I would like to remind you that most people have a job and they have to put themselves out 5 days a week .... sometimes more!!!
That is called "Having a job"........... I am talking to Squirrel Boy too !!! :cautious:
Hey that is not fare... Philippa did move the chair in the landing... They also almost very often set the table when the camera is around. Scammers henchman is a fulltime job.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can’t picture the garage? Where Oil of Ole used to paint or is that Amaury’s workshop?

@Pekey I’m with you. Most of the rooms are stuffed, but you don’t shove people, who are paying your way, and very handsomely, into the garage - wherever that is. That’s so rude. I’m wondering where everyone is sleeping. Maybe there’s a bus to take them to the closest auberge de vacances.or Le Bates Motel. Maybe that’s safer than what we’ve heard about HMN!

I hope you’re soon well. Enjoy the rest of the euphoria 🧚‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
And how do we know these are actually patrons. Could be friends and acquaintances roped in to swell the numbers. I'll be sceptical about anything this group of malingerers do until I see evidence.
Frankly, the alleged guests are their sponsors and I can tell you now that if I had to entertain my sponsors I'd go to a lot more effort than was put into in this case. SJ and her enablers should be ashamed of themselves. Oh, and by the way. I used to cater events and functions so I have some background in this.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.