The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm waiting until SJ hangs her father's gaudy & racy art work up on the panelling. In this case don't think 2 wrongs will make a right.

I got the distinct impression that Potty was not impressed with Squirrelboy trying to insert himself in the panelling process. (Around the 12.30 mark)
Potty was just standing back with tea in hand and a silly smile, chuckling to himself, then just shirking his shoulders with a bemused look and not saying much. Clearly Potty is not best pleased with Squirrelboy playing 'King of the Castle.

Tante Chantal was also just standing back having a laugh - she's definitely IJ's eyes and ears!

SJ referred to her 'Little Red Riding Hood Cape' - was this a nod to Tattlelife?
the expression of auntie Chantal is just like my mothers was...the hand next to the mouth fuddling with the fingers...when we were doing a project of which she had said before it wasnt going to work...it will never work..the doors..the height..Fan is quitting the floorpaneling because it makes the room look low...well my dear your farmhouse isnt taller.. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Every time I see the word “Fanny” I assume we’re talking about SJ’s butt! 😆
To complicate things even further in UK the alternative to Fanny can be 'front bum' just incase the front and the back need clarification 😉

the expression of auntie Chantal is just like my mothers was...the hand next to the mouth fuddling with the fingers...when we were doing a project of which she had said before it wasnt going to work...it will never work..the doors..the height..Fan is quitting the floorpaneling because it makes the room look low...well my dear your farmhouse isnt taller.. 🙄
Probably going for the optical illusion effect.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So the Loo is reveiled..so no cutting the ribbon for Selmar..i guess that escape to come back is closed..for Selmar..one Dutchman out..another one to go..

The paneling...we all said it didnt fit..and it will never fit properly..and omg its so damaged..and old...why did she buy that stuff..i bet Amaury could have made something very nice..and fitting..what a stupid woman..when they make it fit..it will still look out of place..nbig time...if Amaury can make something of it..i bet he can get a lott of work..outside that poisoned heap..

Potts is making a BBQ for boxingday..because it is tradition..wasnt the tradition fireing up the pizza-oven at boxing day? 🙄 Tantinete is getting warm..and Tanatantsteven..wtf who calles his uncle like that...is cutting wood for the BBQ..:eek:

And than Snort crawling and talking about , like he is the buidlingmanager..with his high heels and too tight pants..around the panelingworks...he doesnt even have a nice ass..skinny witch..too flat..because he sits on it too much..

They at least have enough warm wine to get hem throught the evening..like 15 liters for the lott..and btw..why was Dan there??
I've too noticed how she calls her uncle.

She says the French word Tonton (name for uncle in families).

Problem is... she pronounced the name with a heavy English accent and it sounds like Tone Tone.

First I couldn't believe what I heard 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So...for the year-end reveal, a bathroom and some board sorting. Such utter nonsense.
Do her donors understand what $30,000 plus looks like in one's bank account every month and what you can do with it (besides buying fancy trees)? Dear grannies, you know the Honda you make payments on for years and years to pay off? Your lovely couple receives the same amount every month in donations.

SJ blows through money as she does boyfriends.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I'd like a white back splash over that sink. Bonus would hide that nasty join. Wallpaper will start lifting with water splashes so better do that soon.

Confirmed Amaury's holiday is in Argentina.
If that exists I would prefer a transparent back splash.
But first of all I wouldn't have put wallpaper in a small room like that, would have choosen tiles behind the toilet and the basin.

Reactions: 17
It only took 16 years to figure out how to buy a sink and a toilet and get them installed??? That makes zero sense.....My husband did that in a day for our bathroom, plus he replaced the floor, painted the walls, and refinished the bathtub)...and he's not a carpenter, just an engineer working on my "honey-do" list one weekend. She acts like he performed some type of miracle. Anywhooo....what the f*** was Dan doing there? Why is he not having dinner with his family?
It was Dan who brought the duck... Belongs to son number one or two😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If that exists I would prefer a transparent back splash.
But first of all I wouldn't have put wallpaper in a small room like that, would have choosen tiles behind the toilet and the basin.
We have wallpaper (nothing so expensive as the cost would bring me out in hives) but have glass splash backs, local glazier does them at a reasonable price. Just realised my mistake there, the word local when considering HMN.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The BBQ is traditionally Potty’s thing on Boxing Day. And Dan is at Chateau, again? Is it not a public holiday in France?
No. The 26th of December is not a public holiday in France. People are back to work.

I am sure that 26th December is a normal working day in most of France.

"St Stephen's Day is a public holiday in the départements of Haut-Rhin, Bas-Rhin and Moselle. These areas are on the German border and are known as the Alsace-Moselle region. Post offices, banks, stores and other businesses in these areas are closed."
Correct. Alsace and Moselle have a specific "regime" (including about the secularism) due to their history ( being German for a part of their history).

Reactions: 10
It has been said before, but again: there's no such thing as boxing day in France. Ordinary working day. I have no clue what Dan was doing at the shittoo, but to me it looked like he was just hanging out with his bff Armoir. It's really too bad they connected so well, because that's what is keeping him coming to her dump. Clever move, SJ, hiring your cousin...

Me too, and then rub some against the unprotected wallpaper. But that's just vindictive little me, I guess.

We talked about this before. As far as I know from my eyes and ears, this is not his kid. Armoir had many break ups, he can't really stick to one. Bad news for Nutty. She's better enjoy the joint holiday with the family in Argentina....

I don't know. Flooding happened on Wednesday, Boxing Day was Sunday. Not very relevant when you put it like this, is it?
I don't think the boys were responsible for the flooding this time... Dan had lockable handles on the 'studio' He did have plumbing installed but didn't set it up for use, it was plasterboarded over until such time if ever he decided he needed to use it... eg making hot drinks or whatever.. if the pipes he used weren't insulated and the temperature has dropped they may have burst.. but no doubt all will be revealed... the completion of his studio is a bit like Selmars Tango... 1 step forward 2 steps back. must be so frustating

in the loo? Selmar did them.
It sounds like Amoury had to re do a lot of the jobs that had previously been done.. eg change the plumbing fixtures etc... He kept saying, yes I had to change that.

Amen to all of that. However I really like the Normandy couple. They have renovated before and they do complete their projects. Mostly because they have a REAL BUSINESS. SJ's business is YT. The Normandy couple has actual guests they sem to treat quite well. Plus her wallpaper - it's stunning. I also think you have to be mega talented to work at Balmain. I do think really care about the accent - unless it's Henry Cavill (the obsession continues) 🤣😍

But how about your "ginch" or your "gonch". How's your "bag" 😋 sorry to be crass. Plus my male friends favorite " the Canadian ballet" 🙄 I will say, some of the best I have seen😅

And I am going to go crazy if I don't see this loo to figure out how badly she screwed it up!
It's on the Patreon video @MojoDublin posted... Can't remember if I said thanks for sharing these videos, they are appreciated... x edited as think it was @dumbblonde who posted..... apologies but always appreciated 😘

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
The idea of the downstairs loo +10
Implementation SUCKS

The back of the panelling does look rather ‘clean’
If I remember correctly, Armoire sanded and treated it. I could be wrong.

Reactions: 8
I was fortunate enough to do a study abroad semester in London while in college and when I returned to the States, I remember being told my use of the word "sorry" was sounding very British. I
When I lived abroad, I always felt the first word I needed to learn in a new language was "sorry". Most Brits even apologise when we haven't done anything wrong; when someone else bumps into us, we feel the need to say "Sorry"!!

Amaury had a break up, however didn't realize there was a child involved.
Someone said that was Amaury with one of his brother's children and it may have been his sister-in-law in the photo. His brother's first marriage broke up.

Reactions: 9
Looks like Sillymar & Tatty are stuck in the UK.....

Rachelle Leddy
Beautiful wallpaper! Has amaury replaced selmar?
9h

Stephanie Jarvis
No, they’re very different people, with different approaches and techniques. Both are lovely, but Amaury was able to finish where Selmar couldn’t, because he was able to do the coving himself. And sadly Selmar can’t get back to celebrate the reveal with us because of restrictions - he and Tatyana were supposed to join us for New Year’s Eve
By now, she must be the only one that still believes her own lies. It's okay, SJ, we know you don't want Selmar to come back. We know he has fallen for another grifter and you don't want the both of them fishing in your pond. You can blame it on Covid, like you tend to do when it's in your favor, and pretend to be sad about it, but we know.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Oh yes, they are very different people all right. What she really meant was that Armoire gets the job done, while Dulmar puts around whispering to himself. I would have been embarrassed to have been Dullmar at the great reveal. A bit insulting if you think about it. Oh, by the way, here's the guy that couldn't get it done. Take a bow Dullmar!
Not just a bit insulting! She really doesn't want him to come back and she's making sure he doesn't want to either. It's her personal style: wound people by praising them when they least deserve it.

Reactions: 26
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I just had a thought. I wonder if the aunt and uncle were there this Xmas to see the extent of the work that is being and will be done by AM.
i have a feeling the payment for all this work is not going directly to AM but through the company. Washing the family money so to speak.
I was very surprised to see how quickly his machinery arrived. All that was not brought over by him and Dan in that small van. We never did see them unloading or taking delivery of it all.Only the one machine he unloaded. That workshopset up is very professional. I’m sure the company had a lot to do with it. i.e. his uncle.

edited to say maybe AM is not working alone. That workshop was set up in record time. May have a helper or helpers/ employees not on camera. That framework built for the panelling in the G salon and moving said panelling, getting rid of the rubble also raising a flag. He is a super human if he did all that so quickly by himself.
You are not far off. From what I've heard, the aunt and uncle were there to pick out the spot for their apartment, as they will become part of the whole grifting enterprise. It's a true revival of the old glory days: the Jarvisses and the Richmonds in bed together to rip grannies from their hard earned cash.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I thought we had already reached consensus on the Fleuries and their sudden success. Their bathroom mural was shown on Channel4, people were impressed and looked them up. That caused a domino effect and their videos were recommended to more and more people. Their tour of the chateau -video has 1,5 million views! Their growth has already slowed down but still substantial 11k subs this month. Lucky them.

I don't understand the manipulation allegation either. Yes, their videos are scripted and carefully curated. But they have a very different concept and they're not filming their daily life at the chateau like SJ. It's not about daily social interactions with people around them but restoring the chateau. For many of us this is plain boring even The Fleuries try to make the restoration as funny and interesting as possible. It's difficult 🤷‍♀️. Philipp is a professional and they're filming multiple story lines simultaneously, when one is completed it'll be edited to a vlog. They're usually weeks ahead which gives them time to breath, fine tune and plan. They have no ulterior motives to scam people, they just have decided to leave their relationship and the daily struggles of a young family outside of their vlog. The patron money isn't used to something else than promised.

From the Oxford dictionary:
View attachment 949859
As I have stated here before, I admire the Fleuries! Happy to read your support!

Reactions: 12
I've posted the picture here in the past ....
here it is ....
View attachment 949738
@Kickintheass
Dec 9, 2021

Amury's dogs must be feeling abandoned. He was to bring them to lala. What's happened?

@Kickintheass
Dec 21, 2021

I am worried for Amury's dogs. Now they have been abandoned by Auntie and Uncle. Meanwhile there are other dogs at Lala. Curtis's and Immuno girl. Future B and B guests will all expect to be able to bring their pets too.

Did he lose custody of the dogs, (he has two)??? Or, does he have visitation rights??? Maybe, his last trip was to visit the dogs???

1640864534765.png

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.