The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This just popped up in my feed! It was fun to watch, what a massive amount of work by loads of people speaking French!!

I had it yesterday, impressive, that's how thinks are done! No faffing, no snorting, professionals at work, or well trained volunteers. I tried to find the financial plan for phase 1 and didn't find it, for phase 2 they are trying to raise 300'000 euros, and have 2/3 already.

Reactions: 12
Cakes for Jesus are definitely not an American thing, especially for devout Catholics! It cheapens the meaning of Christmas. My non-Catholic cousin once made a cake for Baby Jesus in her new Easy Bake Oven. My mother, a devout Catholic, rolled her eyes and nothing more was said about it.

Reactions: 7
It might be isolation or the post Christmas woolly head but I'm totally at a loss as to what @MojoDublin is saying here.
Yes I'm a dog lover and those are my old quotes.
Had you read any of @KiKiGee posting that you in fact showed the photos first

Isolation can do a lot
they recommend you get out for a walk at leaste … clear the wholly head

...years ago...when in Tahoe...my girlfriend and I met him...he came up to us...and made his play. biggest ego you’d ever meet...totally
into himself and thought we would fall all over him...didn’t happen. in reality...just ok looking but not sexy at all...

It was posted in October too ...

(3) The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming | Page 30 | Tattle Life

Reactions: 2
I thought about that too, but I came to the conclusion it fits a pattern, he is an excessively keen stephanologist, and likes to show that he has memorized everything she says/has said in old vlogs, so he would have of course invested his (scarce?) brain cells in her pet project of the moment, i.e. the panelling. This over-investment might be his downfall, I don't think SJ always appreciates being continuously confronted with every word she has uttered in the past.

Reactions: 14
That half-bath really is overdone for the farmhouse. Just like putting lipstick on a pig.
Everything she does is lipstick on a pig, until she sorts out the rendering, windows, doors, insulation and heating it will remain a pig, and who puts up wallpaper before sorting out the covering and final fix, always the cart before the horse!

This would make much more sense. Who on earth would like to take over running her farmhouse?

Reactions: 17
Maybe... but Tone Tone ! After 16 years in France...

And her mother is French and should have spoken in french to her child.

Biilngual family here living abroad. Teenage kids speaking both languages with no accent at all (dad speaks in english and mum speaks in french). Kids speak in both languages to their parents.

Reactions: 16
Maybe a French letter? Who's old enough to know what I mean?

This came from the visit to Ian's wife's new shop, when she flashed her undercarriage to all and sundry, trying those shoes!

Reactions: 16
Aargh! Spend a penny has to be the worst saying.
Oh I don't know, I've heard far worse! For Tattlers from outside of the UK, it refers to a penny charge to use a public convenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
I agree, Philip appeared to have done his homework. It sounded to me like he's spent a lot of time with it and with measuring and thinking about it, even more than SJ has. He was very invested in it all.
Well we all wonder what he does all day for month after month, after month, one thing he is not is "invested in it", I bet you all the tea in the Chateau that he will not have dipped into his own (empty) pockets towards the costs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.