Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
@JustWilliam thank you, I have it very mildly at the moment and so do my children, but my husband is quite bad, so I'm hoping I stay OK and he improves.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

TicTacToc

Chatty Member
Hello turds.
sorry I still need to catch up but I need a rant 😡
There must be a rat in me Prius because my car broke down in the middle of the motorway on my way home today 😭😭
What a 💩 Friday
Also my right-hand woman had to go on early maternity leave suddenly because of a high risk pregnancy. So happy for her but no idea what I’ll do without her!

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

House of Tea

VIP Member
The weird thing is the MTs were initially very much about AE with a smattering of IG fans but now it's almost become a BW love fest. I have to be honest and admit I didn't like it when new posters came in defending AE's indefensible behaviour, but there's always been that group think thing going on, and the pressure on you if you don't agree, which you experienced a lot of at the beginning. I really loved the MT and all the friendships, which is why I fought so hard over all of us having the freedom to post what we really think without being jumped on for it, but now I'm starting to feel a bit disenchanted and weary of it all too. It was the commenters that kept me coming back, and when you feel like you're walking on eggshells and can't say certain things, and have to agree with others just to be welcome, what's the point?
I think that is a good summation of how it has panned out. IG and AE seem to be the bit players in the story now, BW is now the main event for quite a lot of regular posters, with some of her fans acting as her praetorian guard. I wax and wane over BW, admire her positive attitude over a terrible diagnosis but not wholly convinced in her sainthood. AE, feel sorry her life has turned out like this, seems such a waste of a life, but she is a very hard person to like, and I hate the fact that she is using her kids to get revenge on IG. I want to shake her hard. IG, I think he has probably wanted out for years, but stayed for the kids, but I think he has made the situation much worse. AE was always going to kick off, but I think he has made some mistakes along the way. But you have to pick a side on MT. Welp does so well on there. She is very balanced and sees things from all angles, and people listen to her, and when she says something that comes down hard on one side she does so in a diplomatic way, and other posters rightfully respect her. The rest of us plowing a middle line, don’t get much airtime now before you get a slap. I find myself typing out responses, reading them over and over, deleting bit, diluting what I really want to say, so what’s the point?

It's such a good idea and it's a bit exciting because you never know what your going to get 😂 people also put baby things nappy/sanitary towels and things just in case people need them. We have little honesty boxes all over the village where people sell produce or just have free things for others. I have only been in this location a year and it's so quintessentially village life I find it utterly charming 💙

I love crime drama, all the crime. I did my Masters in Criminology and it's always been my thing. It's nice that it's became socially acceptable to like it in the past ten years 😂😂😂
It sounds idyllic. A million miles from where I live.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Caitlyn130

VIP Member
Yeah me too. Always makes me sad to see the small spaces for kids.

Took some more photos of my Robin friend and thought of you.
I had a walk through there once but they have an entire section for children and lots of graves had their pictures on, too. I got extremely upset and left, and have never returned. I don't mind it as a backdrop to my house but I can't go in there.

• Heart
  • Sad

Autisteuse

VIP Member
This is a really serious situation and it sounds like you need to be out of there ASAP. Is there anyone you can call, even a distant relative that you haven't seen in years? Any friends, no matter how long ago you last saw them? For a space to stay on a temporary basis? A couch to sleep on?

If he physically attacks you, please seriously consider calling the police. If nothing else to have a record of this behaviour.

Thinking longer term, in the UK there are a lot of free counselling services that your GP can refer you to.

Regarding the moving out, I was in the same situation with credit score. I had a CCJ that essentially prevented most landlords renting to me. It was very stressful. I had a major spiral in the year before I was finally diagnosed with ADHD, and racked up £3k of credit card debt, then found myself technically homeless and didn't receive any letters about it (not that I was in the frame of mind to deal with it anyway). I am convinced these CCJs should be criminal. Even paying the debt off you're still left with a ruined credit score for 6 years.

Anyway, there are landlords who are happy with an employment reference only. I'm not sure whereabouts you are, but even in London you can rent a room in a shared (decent) house for £500/month. It takes longer to find those landlords but they do exist. My current landlords asked for previous landlord references and an employment reference. They are wonderful. You would need a 5 week deposit (they can't legally charge you any more than that now).

Please also consider getting checked out at hospital if you've mixed pills and wine. Better to be safe than sorry. ❤

ETA - just seen your mention of university. Please go to them! There will be so many resources there to help you. They might even be able to sort out temporary free housing until you find a more permanent option. Ask, ask, ask! Tell them how serious it is. Tell them the police did nothing last time and that you're in danger. They have people trained to help in situations like this and so many resources.

PPS: If this was 5 years ago, then here is a tiny silver lining: these things stay on your record for 6 years. Then they are removed. So a year from now (or thereabouts) you will be able to apply for loans, overdrafts, pass credit checks on housing, etc. They will all help you immensely.

ETA link: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/ta...rapies-and-counselling/nhs-talking-therapies/
I've contacted my supervisors at my university and for the first time have told them I'm suffering. I hope to meet them on Monday.
This is a really serious situation and it sounds like you need to be out of there ASAP. Is there anyone you can call, even a distant relative that you haven't seen in years? Any friends, no matter how long ago you last saw them? For a space to stay on a temporary basis? A couch to sleep on?

If he physically attacks you, please seriously consider calling the police. If nothing else to have a record of this behaviour.

Thinking longer term, in the UK there are a lot of free counselling services that your GP can refer you to.

Regarding the moving out, I was in the same situation with credit score. I had a CCJ that essentially prevented most landlords renting to me. It was very stressful. I had a major spiral in the year before I was finally diagnosed with ADHD, and racked up £3k of credit card debt, then found myself technically homeless and didn't receive any letters about it (not that I was in the frame of mind to deal with it anyway). I am convinced these CCJs should be criminal. Even paying the debt off you're still left with a ruined credit score for 6 years.

Anyway, there are landlords who are happy with an employment reference only. I'm not sure whereabouts you are, but even in London you can rent a room in a shared (decent) house for £500/month. It takes longer to find those landlords but they do exist. My current landlords asked for previous landlord references and an employment reference. They are wonderful. You would need a 5 week deposit (they can't legally charge you any more than that now).

Please also consider getting checked out at hospital if you've mixed pills and wine. Better to be safe than sorry. ❤

ETA - just seen your mention of university. Please go to them! There will be so many resources there to help you. They might even be able to sort out temporary free housing until you find a more permanent option. Ask, ask, ask! Tell them how serious it is. Tell them the police did nothing last time and that you're in danger. They have people trained to help in situations like this and so many resources.

PPS: If this was 5 years ago, then here is a tiny silver lining: these things stay on your record for 6 years. Then they are removed. So a year from now (or thereabouts) you will be able to apply for loans, overdrafts, pass credit checks on housing, etc. They will all help you immensely.

ETA link: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/ta...rapies-and-counselling/nhs-talking-therapies/
I have contacted my university supervisors and asked them to meet on Monday, and, for the first time, have let them know that I'm suffering immensely. Hopefully they will be able to help. I've tested positive for Covid so am isolated for the week but hopefully the week after can get out of here.
I had the one glass of wine, no more. Mixing that with pills is not something I ever do - I don't want to be like AE - but I feel alright. Just absolutely emotionally drained. I'm at my utter limit so am going to get some sleep.
Thank you for all your kind advice. It is so reassuring to know that there are good and kind people in the world.
The same goes for all of you. Thank you.

• Heart

Magpierainbow

I just wanted to say before I head off that I'm reading a brilliant book at the moment. It's got me fully gripped. It's called Why Don't Students Like School and is about education techniques, but it's actually about thinking and why we (as humans) are so bad at it. It's very readable. Our brains actually don't like to think and will avoid it wherever possible. I'm looking forward to getting to the 'what to do instead' part!
In a very dumbed down way I learnt a lot about this from the rehab team after mum's stroke, about how her brain is going to take easiest way out, how it's going to trick her into thinking she can't do stuff. Random quote;
He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still - Lao Tzu also said it before & I'll say it again, your tenacity & balls & how you've coped & survived are truly awesome, thank you for sharing & just being you💜

@House of Tea - I do like your ethos & your posts. Fwiw I remember how incredibly belligerent (think that's right word) that particular poster you're referring to was about an entirely different issue from the beginning of their posting so I don't think you should take it personally, just keep being you💖

@GoLibrarianPoo - all I can say is I echo a lot of what you've said. I'm totally unashamed at now starting therapy at late stage to better what I've tried to do myself because in this crazy world its just not enough anymore it seems. So appreciate the old standard dust yourself down & get on with it, that's fine until it isn't, you've helped me feel braver about just being me. Thank you sincerely🌈🫂💕💖

All of you lot really, your views, thoughts & experiences, I do really value, thank you🌈💖💕😘

I said I reacted to "bw videogate" viscerally that's still true. But little voice in back of my head is wondering about the links with selling products etc. Which is why I attempt to scroll through recent dross for the info from welp🤣 Don't have enough solid info yet to totally form a personal opinion but I guess time will indeed tell🤷‍♀️for me it's still about best thing for the kids. I'm intrigued by diff between narc dads/mums (some have sadly had both😔) sorry to post here just not v comfortable over there atm😖although will keep trying unless it gets very much more awful🤞

• Heart

Nonah

VIP Member
Oh no, not you too @Nonah. And on holiday. Our poor turd herd. :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:😕
But glad you've mostly caught up & hope you feel better very soon.❤xxx
Thanks! I feel fine tbh. Would never have known but for a pre flight PCR (we were due to move to another resort today). Hopefully it buggers off soon!

• Heart

Caitlyn130

VIP Member
I've had a think about it this afternoon, and I'm gonna disappear for a while. I'm not even going to lurk on the MT for now. I said I would do this the other day when everything kicked off, and I think I should have followed through.
I'm starting to get paranoid about what people think of me, and worry that I'm generally disliked after being critical of BW (that's not a plea for anyone to jump in and say otherwise, just how I feel). People who agreed with my sentiments the other day have now posted seemingly taking it back, so it still feels that there's only peace as long as people don't insult Bianca. I've also just seen a post that's quite aggressive, telling people who said something similar to what I said earlier to fuck off.
I think it's now affecting my MH. I just tried to take a nap but couldn't because I was worrying about all this. The vibe has just never gone back to normal after the other day and I still feel like I'm treading on eggshells, and people are still being snipey towards any posts that even hint at something negative about Bianca, and at the same time talking about how kind we are on the thread. It's all a little odd.
I'll see you all as soon as I'm feeling a bit better. X

• Heart

Katie8ee

VIP Member
It's taken me about ten minutes to post this was ready to throw the phone out the window lol
I am writing this with voice note so if there are mistakes I apologise. I am really sorry that you guys are feeling so down about the main thread. I completely understand where you're coming from and I know it can be difficult to express your opinion if you feel that louder voices are going to shout you down.

If I'm honest when it comes to this whole Saga I don't really get mentally affected by what people write in the thread because I just think it's all nonsense not in the way people's opinions are nonsense but just that we none of us actually know any facts really at all. It's basically all conjecture which is why no one should have to be told their opinion is wrong because we don't know whose opinion is wrong and even if the opinion is wrong then wrong is not the right word different is the right word.

I hate that it makes you guys feel bad and I agree that it used to be when I would read before I would post it was a place of just like funny posts,banter and people did have arguments but it was always like kind of just humorous and now it's just this cycle of arguing really to be fair and it isn't the whole point that no one really agrees on anything in life and that's what makes it all fun.

From my own personal standpoint I was never championing Alice or Ioan or Bianca. I think Alice is a dick and I think what she's done is horrific but as a human I can still think it's a s*** situation. I think Ioan could have handled this lot better but also respect him for sort of you know standing up for himself and yada and with Bianca I know nothing about her and when I was gushing about her it wasnt because I thought she was this little saint righteous person it was because if I'm honest I thought she was a wee ride. I thought that before the MS and everything else so I won't apologise for that hahaha haha.

Regardless though I don't actually care about these people I just like to read people's opinions. I enjoy engaging with you all talking about crafts and dogs and your Life's as much as I do talking about Alice Evans on Twitter probably more if I'm honest. So thank you and I'm sorry you feel your opinions have been shouted down and for the record if anyone wants to for the banter going put some humour back in that thread just give me a heads up and I'll be there. You are all amazing human beings and I'm grateful to be part of the secret cool gang. I have written all of this with my voice text Google thing and it's hilarious because I have to speak in an American accent because it doesn't understand Scottish. Much love Katie x

• Heart
  • Haha

Caitlyn130

VIP Member
Today is a pretty huge milestone in the 130 household!
16 weeks along & last sleep in this house, ever!

• Heart

Katie8ee

VIP Member
@Caitlyn130 to everything you said 👏 I fully understand the frustration of trending mental health. As I said to my psychiatrist it's become fashionable to make videos crying in full make up about struggling mental health. Words like anxiety, depression, PTSD,BPD are thrown around with a little tear slowly falling for the gram. I have been 28 years at this shit and nothing about it is sexy/fashionable/something to show off to the world. Mental health struggles are deep in the trenches battles and those of us who are there tend to hide it until it's too much (which is over whelming)

Well done for overcoming and still overcoming on the daily. You probably don't even realise how brave you are ❤

@Penguin86 you have already called yourself stupid and ugly today! Time to pop a pin in that 😘 I have been doing this new task that whenever I say to myself something negative I have to stop and apologise or say something positive. To be honest I thought it was witchcraft nonsense when the therapist suggested it but it actually works. We shouldnt talk to ourselves in a way we would never talk to others.

I for one think you are kind, magical and absolutely hilarious. Happy Penguin 🐧 Day you little sweet thing 😚😚.

I just woke from my nap haven't even started my work 😂😂😂😂

ETA: I was diagnosed at 12, I'm not 28 gladly but a freshly new 40 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Caitlyn130

VIP Member
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-12 at 16.46.36.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-12 at 16.45.27.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-12 at 16.27.51.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-13 at 16.01.53.jpeg

I love a good nature picture! I took these ones lately and actually got the first 3 printed, using PhotoBox. I've framed them and am taking them with me to my remember my house - all are views either from the back bedroom window or the front. Sorry if I've shared already - I lose track!

👀 the MT as & when I can. Sad to see squabbles breaking out. I 'like' posts I agree with but other than that I try to stay out of it for my own MH.
I had to take a break just before NY for 5-6 days due to feeling extreme anxiety over some stuff in the MT
I hope I didn't contribute to that in any way but if I did I'm sorry. I certainly haven't been offended by any of your posts and FWIW it takes a lot to actually push me away from a good discussion, but that's the point I am at. I feel a lot better for sticking to this thread only.

• Heart

Ena Sharples

Chatty Member
I’m just talking about me here though not being preachy or anything. I’m going to wait for AEs drunken appearances and ignore them and their posts.
I feel a bit sad that the original feel of the MT has changed from the early days of Nov/Dec last year. It had a great energy about it and was hilarious as well. We’ve lost some of the earlier members too. I
really miss A’s drunken appearances and don’t understand why people are glad she’s gone. There is nothing to talk about now with just the walk on parts and rehashing old stuff over and over and over again.

If you want to laugh go on the Meme thread in off topic, it’s hilarious. I’m going to treat myself to half an hour a day on it. Think there are 16 threads so far. I didn’t realise how much the MT was getting me down until I found the Meme one and laughed solidly for half an hour. That’s what I miss, is the early days laughter stuff.

@Caitlyn130 the poster you felt for is back on the MT liking posts so not disappeared for good. I do miss lovely GLP and hope she’s not been scared off for good. I’m sure she’s a lot younger than me but she had a wonderful mummy bear vibe to her.

Virtual hugs to all xxx

• Heart

Penguin86

VIP Member
Why am I still awake at 4.10am?

Oh because I ran out of antidepressants about 3 days ago. Cold turkey sucks 😬

Also explains my moods I guess. I was just hiding the fact I'm stupid and forgetful and didn't order more until I was empty.

• Heart
  • Sad

CookieMonsta

VIP Member
I think that is a good summation of how it has panned out. IG and AE seem to be the bit players in the story now, BW is now the main event for quite a lot of regular posters, with some of her fans acting as her praetorian guard. I wax and wane over BW, admire her positive attitude over a terrible diagnosis but not wholly convinced in her sainthood. AE, feel sorry her life has turned out like this, seems such a waste of a life, but she is a very hard person to like, and I hate the fact that she is using her kids to get revenge on IG. I want to shake her hard. IG, I think he has probably wanted out for years, but stayed for the kids, but I think he has made the situation much worse. AE was always going to kick off, but I think he has made some mistakes along the way. But you have to pick a side on MT. Welp does so well on there. She is very balanced and sees things from all angles, and people listen to her, and when she says something that comes down hard on one side she does so in a diplomatic way, and other posters rightfully respect her. The rest of us plowing a middle line, don’t get much airtime now before you get a slap. I find myself typing out responses, reading them over and over, deleting bit, diluting what I really want to say, so what’s the point?

It sounds idyllic. A million miles from where I live.
I think @welp is hugely respected, partly because she is usually so factual and not so emotional, and partly because she is so respected, her opinions are more accepted. Because she's so respected, the posters who take offense at something one of us might say think twice before taking her on. She keeps the threads on track with facts rather than emotion or opinion which I think has been a huge plus in the MT. (Not that I'm saying she shouldn't have or post opinions or emotions btw!)

I'm someone who's not good with conflict irl and tend to be far more aggressive online. I think not being free to express myself irl see's it come out more explosively online. I hope I haven't offended anyone here with my bolshie ways. I really wish I was more patient, polite and better at expressing myself without getting snappy with others. I'm truly sorry if I've upset anyone here.

• Heart

welp

VIP Member
Two questions then.

Why did you join?
Why did you choose your screen name?

I’ll go first 😁

I read the Markle thread for a couple of months and joined because I couldn’t see
all the attachments in the posts as a lurker. I’m nosey.

I chose my screen name because Ena Sharples was a real old gossipy battle axe in a long running soap opera in the UK. When I was a kid there were women like her everywhere and if you said ‘oh she’s just like Ena Sharples’ people would know exactly what you meant, a gossipy old cow.

ETA - you’re well underway with the discussion already!
I came across of this forum, saw that there is a Ioan/Alice thread and that people had not quite the right idea about her (tho even at that point they started to side eye her more) so registered to give everyone much needed context.

chosed welp coz I say this often irl LOL

• Haha
  • Heart

M33L4

VIP Member
It’s national (UK) Penguin Awareness day.

I’m so glad we have our very own special @Penguin86

Hope you’re all well. Shame about the thread name thing eh?

• Heart