Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t you get spooked?
I did at first. I was here by myself for a month before my housemate joined me, and it was the dead of winter. When I woke up at night to go to the bathroom I'd sprint down the hall, and run back to my room as quickly as possible and hide under the covers. I was a 33 year old woman!! I'm fine now though, I even sleep with the curtains open because I find that without light coming in it's impossible to wake up.

Two victims of Jack the Ripper are buried there.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I did at first. I was here by myself for a month before my housemate joined me, and it was the dead of winter. When I woke up at night to go to the bathroom I'd sprint down the hall, and run back to my room as quickly as possible and hide under the covers. I was a 33 year old woman!! I'm fine now though, I even sleep with the curtains open because I find that without light coming in it's impossible to wake up.

Wow. I love old graveyards, but not at night!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My inner goth would love that.
Used to hang around the graveyard with my friends in my teens because weirdos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My inner goth would love that.
Used to hang around the graveyard with my friends in my teens because weirdos.
Aaah...you'd be one of the teenagers me and my neighbours occasionally write a strongly-worded letter to the cemetery manager about! Grumble grumble.
Lol!

• Haha
Evening you lovely lot! I am just sat at my desk waiting for my guests for the weekend to arrive. Once I check them in I'm just on call so my work is almost done. You can't hear a pin drop in the house at the moment it's wonderful.

I'm sorry the MT has been getting to some of you, it's just boring me now if I am honest and I am sort of skimming. It's the same topics recycled on the constant.

Love all the photos! I have lots of birds in my garden and my village has pheasants and grouse everywhere so they are always running about. The noise they make is crazy!.

Hope your all good today x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm more respectful these days. I weirdly like walking around reading the gravestones. I always wonder what was written on the ones so faded you cant see

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah me too. Always makes me sad to see the small spaces for kids.

Took some more photos of my Robin friend and thought of you.
I had a walk through there once but they have an entire section for children and lots of graves had their pictures on, too. I got extremely upset and left, and have never returned. I don't mind it as a backdrop to my house but I can't go in there.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Hello turds.
sorry I still need to catch up but I need a rant 😡
There must be a rat in me Prius because my car broke down in the middle of the motorway on my way home today 😭😭
What a 💩 Friday
Also my right-hand woman had to go on early maternity leave suddenly because of a high risk pregnancy. So happy for her but no idea what I’ll do without her!

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
He's named Randy and his wife is Rhonda
Do they both have equal amounts of red on their breasts. In the bird world it is often the boy birds who have the fancy schmancy plumage. The females can be drab. Is it the same for robins?

Reactions: 5
I had a walk through there once but they have an entire section for children and lots of graves had their pictures on, too. I got extremely upset and left, and have never returned. I don't mind it as a backdrop to my house but I can't go in there.
Oh I avoid now. Don't even like to visit my parents grave if I can help it.

Do they both have equal amounts of red on their breasts. In the bird world it is often the boy birds who have the fancy schmancy plumage. The females can be drab. Is it the same for robins?
You can only tell them apart by their behaviour really. I only know there's a male and female because I've seen them together. Male birds tend to be around more getting food even when its not breeding season

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

Ooh, that's interesting!
Have you read 'Five' about the Ripper victims?
It is brilliant.
The author posted on her Twitter that the victims' graves often have piles of pennies on them as a mark of respect. Apparently the only reason they were attacked was because they were rough sleepers (they weren't prostitutes as commonly believed)) and they couldn't afford the 4 pennies for a room in a boarding house.
When people visit the graves they put the pennies on as a way of saying that they would've helped (albeit 150 years later) and as a memorial to them.

*sorry, I know I've gone OT in a big way but this has really piqued my interest!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.