Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a really serious situation and it sounds like you need to be out of there ASAP. Is there anyone you can call, even a distant relative that you haven't seen in years? Any friends, no matter how long ago you last saw them? For a space to stay on a temporary basis? A couch to sleep on?

If he physically attacks you, please seriously consider calling the police. If nothing else to have a record of this behaviour.

Thinking longer term, in the UK there are a lot of free counselling services that your GP can refer you to.

Regarding the moving out, I was in the same situation with credit score. I had a CCJ that essentially prevented most landlords renting to me. It was very stressful. I had a major spiral in the year before I was finally diagnosed with ADHD, and racked up £3k of credit card debt, then found myself technically homeless and didn't receive any letters about it (not that I was in the frame of mind to deal with it anyway). I am convinced these CCJs should be criminal. Even paying the debt off you're still left with a ruined credit score for 6 years.

Anyway, there are landlords who are happy with an employment reference only. I'm not sure whereabouts you are, but even in London you can rent a room in a shared (decent) house for £500/month. It takes longer to find those landlords but they do exist. My current landlords asked for previous landlord references and an employment reference. They are wonderful. You would need a 5 week deposit (they can't legally charge you any more than that now).

Please also consider getting checked out at hospital if you've mixed pills and wine. Better to be safe than sorry. ❤

ETA - just seen your mention of university. Please go to them! There will be so many resources there to help you. They might even be able to sort out temporary free housing until you find a more permanent option. Ask, ask, ask! Tell them how serious it is. Tell them the police did nothing last time and that you're in danger. They have people trained to help in situations like this and so many resources.

PPS: If this was 5 years ago, then here is a tiny silver lining: these things stay on your record for 6 years. Then they are removed. So a year from now (or thereabouts) you will be able to apply for loans, overdrafts, pass credit checks on housing, etc. They will all help you immensely.

ETA link: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/ta...rapies-and-counselling/nhs-talking-therapies/
I've contacted my supervisors at my university and for the first time have told them I'm suffering. I hope to meet them on Monday.
This is a really serious situation and it sounds like you need to be out of there ASAP. Is there anyone you can call, even a distant relative that you haven't seen in years? Any friends, no matter how long ago you last saw them? For a space to stay on a temporary basis? A couch to sleep on?

If he physically attacks you, please seriously consider calling the police. If nothing else to have a record of this behaviour.

Thinking longer term, in the UK there are a lot of free counselling services that your GP can refer you to.

Regarding the moving out, I was in the same situation with credit score. I had a CCJ that essentially prevented most landlords renting to me. It was very stressful. I had a major spiral in the year before I was finally diagnosed with ADHD, and racked up £3k of credit card debt, then found myself technically homeless and didn't receive any letters about it (not that I was in the frame of mind to deal with it anyway). I am convinced these CCJs should be criminal. Even paying the debt off you're still left with a ruined credit score for 6 years.

Anyway, there are landlords who are happy with an employment reference only. I'm not sure whereabouts you are, but even in London you can rent a room in a shared (decent) house for £500/month. It takes longer to find those landlords but they do exist. My current landlords asked for previous landlord references and an employment reference. They are wonderful. You would need a 5 week deposit (they can't legally charge you any more than that now).

Please also consider getting checked out at hospital if you've mixed pills and wine. Better to be safe than sorry. ❤

ETA - just seen your mention of university. Please go to them! There will be so many resources there to help you. They might even be able to sort out temporary free housing until you find a more permanent option. Ask, ask, ask! Tell them how serious it is. Tell them the police did nothing last time and that you're in danger. They have people trained to help in situations like this and so many resources.

PPS: If this was 5 years ago, then here is a tiny silver lining: these things stay on your record for 6 years. Then they are removed. So a year from now (or thereabouts) you will be able to apply for loans, overdrafts, pass credit checks on housing, etc. They will all help you immensely.

ETA link: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/ta...rapies-and-counselling/nhs-talking-therapies/
I have contacted my university supervisors and asked them to meet on Monday, and, for the first time, have let them know that I'm suffering immensely. Hopefully they will be able to help. I've tested positive for Covid so am isolated for the week but hopefully the week after can get out of here.
I had the one glass of wine, no more. Mixing that with pills is not something I ever do - I don't want to be like AE - but I feel alright. Just absolutely emotionally drained. I'm at my utter limit so am going to get some sleep.
Thank you for all your kind advice. It is so reassuring to know that there are good and kind people in the world.
The same goes for all of you. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I've contacted my supervisors at my university and for the first time have told them I'm suffering. I hope to meet them on Monday.

I have contacted my university supervisors and asked them to meet on Monday, and, for the first time, have let them know that I'm suffering immensely. Hopefully they will be able to help. I've tested positive for Covid so am isolated for the week but hopefully the week after can get out of here.
I had the one glass of wine, no more. Mixing that with pills is not something I ever do - I don't want to be like AE - but I feel alright. Just absolutely emotionally drained. I'm at my utter limit so am going to get some sleep.
Thank you for all your kind advice. It is so reassuring to know that there are good and kind people in the world.
The same goes for all of you. Thank you.
Thank you for letting us know. Anything you need just shout 🌈🫂💖💕xxx

ETA very proud of you🫂💖💕

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Autisteuse I don't think I can add much more to what has already been written and I apologise if this has already been said, but have you tried Women's Aid? You have to get yourself out of that situation and I don't mean to be brutal, but if your mother won't leave him, you have to save yourself; then you can try to save her. Have you been to the police? If it's too dangerous for you to do that at the moment, then bide your time. You have support here ❤ please let us know how you are. You deserve so much better ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Refuge is another great organisation in addition to what's already been mentioned: https://www.refuge.org.uk/our-work/our-services/
I used to work for them - they really know their stuff and can be great people to talk to to get a sense of what help, emotional and practical, is available to you.

It's probably quite overwhelming at the moment but uni is a good place to start. You might be surprised at the resources they have available to you.

Get a good night's sleep if you can ❤

• Heart
I have completely lost track of the threads, going to try to catch up now. I saw some deliberately antagonistic posts, do we have avian primate interlopers in our midst? I'm all for opposing viewpoints when they're reasonably presented, but these people seem to be looking for a fight. I hope people haven't got upset 🤞💖

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have completely lost track of the threads, going to try to catch up now. I saw some deliberately antagonistic posts, do we have avian primate interlopers in our midst? I'm all for opposing viewpoints when they're reasonably presented, but these people seem to be looking for a fight. I hope people haven't got upset 🤞💖
I felt I was being led down a path to agree with something I didn’t say or mean. I hope I didn’t.

• Wow
I am clearly not paying enough attention!
I am going back through the last few pages to look very carefully. Any page suggestions welcome!

Reactions: 1
I felt I was being led down a path to agree with something I didn’t say or mean. I hope I didn’t.
I'm sure you weren't but don't worry about it. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with things and it's easy to place a react on the wrong post, or reply to the wrong person 🙂 I'm still not fully caught up but am going to put the deliberately vicious people on ignore. I like reasoned viewpoints and discussion. Seems like these posters don't want that 🤔

• Heart
I am clearly not paying enough attention!
I am going back through the last few pages to look very carefully. Any page suggestions welcome!
I was going to start from the beginning, but I'm tired and hungry so am giving up 😁 Can you put your feet up and start from scratch? ☕👶😊

• Haha
I'm actually thinking of watching a bit of Supernatural again! For the storyline and character development, obvs...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
*Pops out dramatically from the doorway* Hey! :LOL: @Penguin86 sorry I was having a day of watching shite and consuming my body weight in ice cream and letting my hormones feel sorry for themselves :ROFLMAO: I watched both Blade Runners for the extra doom and gloom factor ;) :ROFLMAO:

Have I seriously only been gone a day? I think I've got 5 pages to catch up on! :eek:

Waves like a windmill 🌈🫂💕. Slept a lot with sinus infection, got the neti pot out, slept more, not too bad👍 Duncan had quiet day yest after his adventures but boy was he chuffed with himself & all "I'm good boy I am" with kisses & scritchies🥰. Not weird at all I love the poo picking also am weirdly anal about counting them all🤭. A little light lunging today, then another walk out Fri 🤞am going to do stuff mon/wed/Fri for couple months build him up am looking into cheapy treeless saddle but will carry on bareback for little while as its good for both of us. Come sit on fence with me & watch the birds tweet😎🤭🌈🫂💕💖💜ps will get around to digging beads out at some point & take pics😖......you know how to contact me if you want, sending huge hugs & support right now you really are a good friend xxx
Mexican waves back! :ROFLMAO: 👋 ❤ 🌈
Bless you, is it sore? My best friends partner uses a neti pot too and thinks it's really good (y)

Aw Proud Duncan! He is a very good boy, he is! 😍 Hope you all enjoy yourselves out again tomorrow 😃 🐎 (y)
Ha ha! I had forgotten about the counting bit! Ah sweet memories :ROFLMAO: I so used to enjoy just chilling up at the field listening to the birds! I'm a'coming! ❤ :LOL:

Don't rush on my account on the beads lovely, you've had a lot happen since you mentioned them and although I'm still excited to see some pictures I know you'll get round to it when you are ready 😗❤

You are such a great support and friend too, I hope you know that? You've really cheered me up in here and I so enjoy your posts ❤ I'm feeling a little better today, just achy and feel like I should have a permanent hot water bottle tied round my middle :LOL: (y)

• Heart
*Pops out dramatically from the doorway* Hey! :LOL: @Penguin86 sorry I was having a day of watching shite and consuming my body weight in ice cream and letting my hormones feel sorry for themselves :ROFLMAO: I watched both Blade Runners for the extra doom and gloom factor ;) :ROFLMAO:

Have I seriously only been gone a day? I think I've got 5 pages to catch up on! :eek:

Mexican waves back! :ROFLMAO: 👋 ❤ 🌈
Bless you, is it sore? My best friends partner uses a neti pot too and thinks it's really good (y)

Aw Proud Duncan! He is a very good boy, he is! 😍 Hope you all enjoy yourselves out again tomorrow 😃 🐎 (y)
Ha ha! I had forgotten about the counting bit! Ah sweet memories :ROFLMAO: I so used to enjoy just chilling up at the field listening to the birds! I'm a'coming! ❤ :LOL:

Don't rush on my account on the beads lovely, you've had a lot happen since you mentioned them and although I'm still excited to see some pictures I know you'll get round to it when you are ready 😗❤

You are such a great support and friend too, I hope you know that? You've really cheered me up in here and I so enjoy your posts ❤ I'm feeling a little better today, just achy and feel like I should have a permanent hot water bottle tied round my middle :LOL: (y)
Very glad you're back. I was worried yesterday.

• Heart
Where’s @GoLibrarianPoo ?

Hope you are ok. You’re missed xx
Aw thank you ❤ I'm totally good though apart from y'know the sore stomach 😁 I believe I might live at any rate ;)

You guys are all so awesome btw! I really love that we've all found each other here!

I'm also apparently really open to suggestion because I picked up a book the other night before bed too (y) Agatha Christie 4 Marple stories in 1 job... and then read till like 3am 🤦‍♀️ :LOL:

How I joined:
I came here to see what the big deal was, I'd heard it was a terrible place :ROFLMAO: Stuck my head in and saw that it's actually a lot nicer than a lot of other forums, saw the Secret Celeb Gossip thread and stuck around.
My name:
Really love Terry Pratchett, love the Librarian and apart from that I am totally useless at names! Seemed as good as any other :ROFLMAO:

Today is a pretty huge milestone in the 130 household!
16 weeks along & last sleep in this house, ever!
Squeeeeeeee! *dances in a happy little jig* ooooh it's exciting! Will you manage to sleep? 😁 ❤ ✈

We’re a covid household as of this morning so feeling pretty bloody bummed out! We’ve avoided it to this point and very glad we are both triple vaccinated but still, bummed out!!
Sorry to hear that, hope everyone feels better and it passes soon ❤ On the plus side... more time for tattle? :LOL: ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Squeeeeeeee! *dances in a happy little jig* ooooh it's exciting! Will you manage to sleep? 😁 ❤ ✈
I've decided I don't want to go. I want to stay. I want all of our furniture back and I want to stay here. It started yesterday as a gnawing feeling that I couldn't quite place but this morning it swept over me like a flood and now I just don't want to go. It feels like a huge mistake.

I don't want to leave my quiet little house next to a graveyard with its sinister trees and pink skies and chubby foxes who live at the end of the garden and move to a dirty city full of garbage and rude people and loud yellow taxis.

*gathers herself*
Sorry. As you all were 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've decided I don't want to go. I want to stay. I want all of our furniture back and I want to stay here. It started yesterday as a gnawing feeling that I couldn't quite place but this morning it swept over me like a flood and now I just don't want to go. It feels like a huge mistake.

I don't want to leave my quiet little house next to a graveyard with its sinister trees and pink skies and chubby foxes who live at the end of the garden and move to a dirty city full of garbage and rude people and loud yellow taxis.

*gathers herself*
Sorry. As you all were 😂
You are going to love it. We want pictures. I want to see one of some steam coming out of those hydrant thingys. Otherwise I will think you just made it up about moving and you are really in Milton Keynes.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'd really like some help and advice, please.
Because my health has been so bad, I have been living with my mother and my childhood abuser. I was interfered with, subject to intense emotional trauma, vicious beatings, and his alcoholism - not to mention his constant dramas with everything. My physical health went to pot when I was in my twenties, and made my mental health worse. Living around my childhood abuser - I won't call him Father - is hell. I'm triggered all the time, every day.
He doesn't know that I'm autistic - not only that he isn't interested in anything to do with me unless he can use it in his dramas, but because I don't want him to use it against me.
I'm in hell all the time. He controls the purse strings and, because I had a nervous breakdown five years ago and ruined my credit rating, I can't afford to move out. He was frequently violent to my mother in the past. I snapped today because he called her 'pathetic' because she couldn't descend the stairs while carrying a pile of plates, as she once fell down the stairs and broke her cervical spine.
I'm just waiting for the onslaught, as I dared to challenge him.
Today I did the worse and mixed my opiates with a glass of wine, as I was so triggered and miserable. I hate myself for that.
I don't know what to do. I have no-one to whom I can go. I'm isolated and can't leave my mother. I'm so terribly unhappy.
I am so so sorry, I don't have the words ❤

Lovely please, please don't do anything hasty! You are in a really awful spot at the minute but maybe there is some help and a way for you to get out of the situation and into a better one ❤ If you can take some time out of the house for a walk or something.

Are you there as a carer for your Mum or are you afraid to leave her in the house if you leave? If it's the latter I do understand but you have to put your oxygen mask on first.

Have you any friends or other family you can speak to, or are you currently seeing a counsellor or therapist? I'd give Women's aid (or your local equivalent, I'm sorry can't remember if you are in the UK) a call because they could be a great resource for you. It's possible they could help you into a new living situation and they would be able to provide you with some counselling in the meantime?

You are totally not overreacting, or being silly or any of the other negative things that may have crossed your mind! I think it's really important you know that and also that you are loved, needed and wanted ❤

Nothing I can say is going to help very much right now, because I understand what it is to be feeling the way you do, but please trust that is another way and that things can be better again, you have been through so much and are dealing with so much it doesn't make you less to be feeling the weight of it so heavily right now but you will feel better and be in a happier place again! ❤

*gathers herself*
Sorry. As you all were 😂
Oh lovely ❤ Do you think it's just a bit of last minute nerves because it's all so new, so quick and really a lot of stuff going on all at once?

I hate when that sort of thing happens to me, all excited and elated... then boom crushing anxiety! 😓

• Heart
I am so so sorry, I don't have the words ❤

Lovely please, please don't do anything hasty! You are in a really awful spot at the minute but maybe there is some help and a way for you to get out of the situation and into a better one ❤ If you can take some time out of the house for a walk or something.

Are you there as a carer for your Mum or are you afraid to leave her in the house if you leave? If it's the latter I do understand but you have to put your oxygen mask on first.

Have you any friends or other family you can speak to, or are you currently seeing a counsellor or therapist? I'd give Women's aid (or your local equivalent, I'm sorry can't remember if you are in the UK) a call because they could be a great resource for you. It's possible they could help you into a new living situation and they would be able to provide you with some counselling in the meantime?

You are totally not overreacting, or being silly or any of the other negative things that may have crossed your mind! I think it's really important you know that and also that you are loved, needed and wanted ❤

Nothing I can say is going to help very much right now, because I understand what it is to be feeling the way you do, but please trust that is another way and that things can be better again, you have been through so much and are dealing with so much it doesn't make you less to be feeling the weight of it so heavily right now but you will feel better and be in a happier place again! ❤

Oh lovely ❤ Do you think it's just a bit of last minute nerves because it's all so new, so quick and really a lot of stuff going on all at once?

I hate when that sort of thing happens to me, all excited and elated... then boom crushing anxiety! 😓
It's hard to tell with me. Sometimes I make decisions out of excitement and it takes a while for how I truly feel to come to the surface. I think I probably just underestimated how hard it would be to leave. Maybe when I get there I'll be fine. But I still don't wanna go.

• Heart
Very glad you're back. I was worried yesterday.
Ah sorry! 🤦‍♀️❤ I expect it probably looked like I was having a dramatic huff 🤦‍♀️ I was honestly ok, was pretty ragey bears for a while but I chilled out soon enough and vowed to be this Ape from now on 🙊:ROFLMAO:

In reality I was just away being all periody weird really :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ah sorry! 🤦‍♀️❤ I expect it probably looked like I was having a dramatic huff 🤦‍♀️ I was honestly ok, was pretty ragey bears for a while but I chilled out soon enough and vowed to be this Ape from now on 🙊:ROFLMAO:

In reality I was just away being all periody weird really :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
No not at all! I heard everything you were saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.