Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AW poop! I've just written out a bunch of replies to people and accidentally deleted the lot when I was trying to add a quote! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ What. A. Tit :ROFLMAO:

Going to take dog face out for a quick pee and then I'll try and remember what I was saying πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just wanted to say before I head off that I'm reading a brilliant book at the moment. It's got me fully gripped. It's called Why Don't Students Like School and is about education techniques, but it's actually about thinking and why we (as humans) are so bad at it. It's very readable. Our brains actually don't like to think and will avoid it wherever possible. I'm looking forward to getting to the 'what to do instead' part!

• Heart
Ok well before I go so I don't miss you @Caitlyn130 I hope you feel better soon, I will really miss you and your opinions here while you are away. I don't really do twitter but hopefully the sisTurds can update me on how you all are getting on ❀

Much love to you, hope we see you soon! Good luck with the move! ❀

• Heart
Ok well before I go so I don't miss you @Caitlyn130 I hope you feel better soon, I will really miss you and your opinions here while you are away. I don't really do twitter but hopefully the sisTurds can update me on how you all are getting on ❀

Much love to you, hope we see you soon! Good luck with the move! ❀
I'll be sticking with this thread, for sure! Xx

• Heart
Yes that's exactly how I feel. :( I'm ok, I just feel unwanted over there (unless I'm going along with the crowd) and that feeling has never really gone away after the weekend or whenever the really big arguments were. The fact it's upset me so much means I need to step back, because I've become way too invested.
I'm doing an online copywriting course at the moment which I'm surprisingly enjoying, and we've decided that we're going to do a re-watch of The Office. We've been watching the West Wing which is great but it's starting to get a little same-y and while it's very funny in parts, it's not really good comedy like Steve Carell and Co. So hopefully that will brighten my mood. I don't think this time of year helps. I'm ok with the cold but it's the constant darkness that gets me down.
We're going to do takeaway tonight as well, one last time - we've been relying on them way too much and have vowed to start cooking more (ha!)
I want you (not in the biblical sense) but I really enjoy your posts.

If it’s any comfort, I still think something is off still and I’ve not come round to masses viewpoint.

I actually miss AE not being around and I think like a few people I’m twiddling my thumbs and overthinking the other players.

I envy that you guys can share stuff. I can’t because of what I do for a living and I need my living.

Take care and don’t run with the crowd. X

ETA and PS if it’s me that’s pissing you off please say 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I want you (not in the biblical sense) but I really enjoy your posts.

If it’s any comfort, I still think something is off still and I’ve not come round to masses viewpoint.

I actually miss AE not being around and I think like a few people I’m twiddling my thumbs and overthinking the other players.

I envy that you guys can share stuff. I can’t because of what I do for a living and I need my living.

Take care and don’t run with the crowd. X

ETA and PS if it’s me that’s pissing you off please say 😊
Not you in the slightest! I have to say I'm glad that others have expressed similar concerns to mine this evening. I feel less paranoid and oversensitive now! Haha. Hopefully Alice comes back soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not you in the slightest! I have to say I'm glad that others have expressed similar concerns to mine this evening. I feel less paranoid and oversensitive now! Haha. Hopefully Alice comes back soon.
All goes to tit when AE goes AWOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ok I'm back and I'm going to ramble on again, I apologise :LOL:

@Penguin86 Happy 🐧 Day!! ❀

I really didn't want to offend Tootler for their post it just seems like diagnosing others/self diagnosing with ADHD is the trendy thing to do lately. The reality is it can be so debilitating and take a major toll on your self esteem. I still have a lot of self doubt especially when conversing. I've been thinking lately I want to get some speech coaching so that I can be a more confident speaker, get to the point more easily, and not feel so self conscious when I'm talking. There are so many different elements to it, it can be hard to unpick them all.

I have some horrible, horrible memories of the couple of years before I was diagnosed when things got really bad. I ended up homeless at one point, sleeping on a friend's couch because I couldn't hold down a job to pay my rent. I found a new job and held it together for a bit. The friend then abruptly turned on me after the guy she liked said he liked me πŸ™„ , and she kicked me out and threatened to dump all my stuff on the pavement outside if I didn't collect it in 24 hours. Luckily my aunt came to the rescue and I stayed in my cousin's old room for a while until I saved up enough to move into a houseshare. Just after that, I was fired. Luckily I found a job I liked, enough to stick around, and things got better from there but it wasn't without its challenges. Come to think of it, the fact that I pulled it together, undiagnosed, after sinking to rock bottom, makes me feel pretty proud. But what a dark time.

I mostly kept my struggles from other people, especially when I got the negative reactions from those closest to me of 'there's nothing I can do/say, you just have to get on with it' and sensing the clear irritation they had over my situation. And the questions of 'how have you managed to not do x / get yourself into this mess?' reinforcing that my mental health was my fault. But aside from the stress other people felt when I reached out to them, I somehow managed to not hurt other people.

Then you have Alice.
I'm really sorry you had such a difficult and dark time, what your "friend" did to you is really mean and I'm so glad you had an Aunt who was able to help. I also wish I could give young you a gentle hug because I imagine it must have been really hard growing up feeling dismissed or like an annoyance to your family 😒

I really think you should be incredibly proud of yourself for not only surviving all of what you've been through but for managing to make such a success of yourself! I think you are amazing and I want to be like you when I grow up tbh and I'm a few years older than you πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO: ❀

I agree with @welp and I think you should keep giving your take on things and try not to worry about it (y) even though it's not so easy to do in practice but I'd hate for you to feel like you had to censor yourself or that you can't engage because of the way people are being on the MT . You always come across as fair and level headed when it comes to the more serious side of things, you've not come across as aggressive towards other posters when you have disagreed with people. We could do with more people like you in discussions like these I think ❀

Thanks dear Sisturd! :poop: πŸ₯° Me too, will let you know. 🀞 I was very glad too & she was very kind. ❀

πŸ˜‚ Can so relate! πŸ˜„ One dear family friend was telling me 20+ years ago that things MUST/WILL get better. View attachment 1001850 View attachment 1001852 Don't get me wrong, it's not all been tit, had/have some good moments, but compared to the tit they're fleeting. Why is it the crappy bits always last waaaaay longer?! :unsure:
It's literally been one thing after another for too many years, but hey ho, these things are sent to try us! πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚

ETA: I have tried positive thinking, (consciously try to change my negative thoughts to positive as they occur) also positive affirmations & visualisation, etc can't say any has helped, lol! View attachment 1001921 View attachment 1001924 🀣 I chat to the Universe often, thank them for my blessings but have also been known to have the odd whinge, lol, but tbh, I talk to myself out loud all the time, but at least there's nobody here to tell me to STFU! 🀣

Love your beast of a pencil case! 🦁 I'm like that too, little things can bug me to the point I get on my own tits at times! :rolleyes:πŸ˜‚

No, I don't bake! Cooking doesn't stress me, it's more that I find it boring & a chore. 😴 Now eating on the other hand?! 🀣 My idea of a tolerable amount of time to spend cooking is about 10 mins unless it's microwaved! I haven't even used the oven since I moved in here a year ago! (Mostly to save on electricity) it's either nuked, cold or fried (in olive oil) just can't be arsed! I did try frying some frozen stuff that say oven only, ! came out a treat! 🀩

Ooh your cinnamon buns sound lovely! :love: When you move in will you make me some to try, pretty please?! πŸ˜‰ I'm like you, don't have a sweet tooth, (other than in hot drinks) much prefer savoury, though the odd bar of chocolate or sweet stuff hits the spot at times! I do love salted caramel though, the combo of sweet & salty is just so delicious & probably why I love cheese & onion crisps eaten with a bar of chocolate! 🀩🀣

That's sweet of you to say! 😘 Yeah, it was a fortune & she was thrilled! I was happy to give it all to someone who appreciated all the bits & would enjoy using them & she's a sweetheart, I'm very fond of her! πŸ₯° I'm old enough to be her mum/nan πŸ‘©β€πŸ¦³ but we hit it off from the get go! πŸ™‚

Awww, thank you for your very kind words. πŸ₯° xxx I'm so glad to see you back posting on the MT! 😘πŸ₯°β€ xxx
Thanks, I get on my own tits so much! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ Sometimes I wonder how people put up with me because I can be hard work and pretty annoying - It's a bit of a double kick in the teeth from the universe to be able to unintentionally annoy people and not be able to stop it but be self aware enough to know it πŸ˜“ and then I give myself a kick because it's never a happy line of thought and I don't want to keep following it, it's unhelpful -Silencio Bruno! :ROFLMAO:

I think it's the oven I have and getting timings gets me a bit 😬 I find the cooking and clean up afterwards such a massive chore too! (y) If you tel me you are the proud owner of a dishwasher I'll just abandon my belongings and head over now ;) I'd really love a dishwasher! It would make my life so much easier!

And for sure I'll make you all the cinnamon buns you could ever want! 🍩 (y) (y) ❀ ❀ :LOL: I'm more a savoury person too 😍

Bless you I'm not surprised, my best friend does a lot of crafty bits and the collection she's built over the years of tools and supplies is probably worth a Kings ransom :LOL: (y) That's really lovely though, I don't think age matters so much after you become an adult I've enjoyed the company of folk ranging in age from 19-80's and frankly some of the older lot could give the 19yos a run for their money on a night out :ROFLMAO: The oldest lady on my hen night was pushing 80, not related or anything she's just a really awesome woman! She and the rest of us had a blast (y)❀

Power snoozes are the best! :LOL: I just don't keep a normal schedule πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I agree with everything you said @Katie8ee (y)

Michael Scott in season 1 actually made me turn it off he pissed me off so much :ROFLMAO: I gave it another go and pushed through and ended up really liking it! I've re-watched it a few times and I still struggle with season 1 too though :LOL: I didn't watch the UK version *ducks in fear* :ROFLMAO:

*hurtles through wall dressed as uma thurman in kill bill, ready to whoop @Penguin86 's ass. Realises I look too much like a banana thus attracting 🐡& swiftly changes into velveteen smoking jacket & comfy slippers*

Thanks for good wishes sisturds am sad but at peace & hope he is tooπŸ™. (Thanks @TicTacToc just feel sad for family now πŸ˜˜πŸŒˆπŸ’–πŸ’•)

Thank you for everything @Just William πŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’œπŸ˜˜

@GoLibrarianPoo I'm not even asking am just adopting you as familyπŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ˜˜. Here's a little hilarious belter, she rehabilitates ex racehorses- what a voice! Also think non horse lovers could get laugh from this

Well saidπŸ‘πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸŒˆπŸ«‚

ETA I feel strong hunch not even worth looking a MT tonight.....
BIB :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🍌 🍌 🍌 🍌 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ™Œ (y)

I'm glad you are ok ❀ If you need to talk about it and let a bit of sad/angry out or feel like you want to share some happy memories please know you can ❀

Hey I am so down with being adopted by you my lovely! πŸ™Œ Watch me not struggle at all, not even a little bit :ROFLMAO: (y) 🌈 πŸ₯° πŸ’— πŸ˜—

That video is absolutely hilarious! I kept bursting out laughing and having to click back a bit coz I'd missed the next bit! So many brilliantly quotable bits I cannot choose! She looks like she'd be properly good craic! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Love that the dog got a dramatic Baywatchian running cameo (y) :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
I'm catching up on the MT I haven't got to the point that an argument happened πŸ˜‚ (I had started reading backwards and saw a mod warning so jumped to the beginning!. Just had dinner here after a lot of work but 15 bathrooms and 50 made beds later I feel accomplished!

@GoLibrarianPoo I just saw on the MT you are Scottish!!!! I did not know this until today! There are so many of us here.

Hope everyone is fab, best crack on with my catching up xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Katie8ee
@GoLibrarianPoo

Are either of you fans of the Scottish band Frightened Rabbit? They are my favourite band EVER. Their music has helped me through so many periods of depression and anxiety.
So sad that Scott ended up taking his own life after his lyrics had helped so many of their fans keep pushing forward when we felt like giving up. 😭

Reactions: 2
I've never heard of them before @Bastion I'm terrible with music as I am with books, tv and film stuff I listen, read and watch the same stuff over and over. It's quite rare I listen to new music πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Oh that's sad :(

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I feel that way about Chester Bennington from Linkin Park.

His death is the only "celeb" death to upset me because of how his lyrics touched me and that you could see how anguished he was at times

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Katie8ee
@GoLibrarianPoo

Are either of you fans of the Scottish band Frightened Rabbit? They are my favourite band EVER. Their music has helped me through so many periods of depression and anxiety.
So sad that Scott ended up taking his own life after his lyrics had helped so many of their fans keep pushing forward when we felt like giving up. 😭
I have loved them for as long as I can remember, I remember when Scott went missing so very sad. Their Instagram is lovely and I adore how they keep him alive in all they do. πŸ’™

• Heart
@Penguin86
I'm so sorry you had a similar experience ❀ It's really awful to reach out looking for some help and be turned away. All because you don't fit the person seeing you on the day's perception of what depression or MH struggles look like 😭

I actually really struggled to go and seek help, I always have.
I've picked up the message from my Dad mainly that you don't ask for help and you pick yourself up and bloody well get on with it basically.
Anyway that incident happened a very very long time ago now, but afterwards I just felt completely slapped down, and like I was a fraud - I seriously spent a long time going round in awful circles thinking am I making it up? Am I making it out to be worse than it is? Why can't I just deal with things like a normal person 😭
It just was a really horrible experience and it put me off seeking further help for a long time afterwards (n)

I'd like to think things have moved on a bit since then because there has been a lot more public awareness of MH struggles in the time between, but I couldn't say with confidence that it's really a huge amount better πŸ˜“

I still struggle with self validation about my depression and there's a part of me that occasionally still rages at myself for being the way I am.
My constant internal critic will break free of the soundproof prison I keep it in and say "So many people have dealt with so much more than you in their lives. Their lives have been infinitely harder, infinitely more damaging, infinitely more painful. They are fully functioning people and here you are, barely functioning, just about managing to exist with the equivalent of a few emotional scratches in comparison to those that have endured true hardship. Who are you to sit and cry about how sad you are, how hard life is for you" etc, etc, etc πŸ˜₯
My internal critic is a really nasty fucker. I don't think I've ever had anyone say anything quite so hurtful as my own brain has thrown at me in my darkest moments πŸ˜₯

It's such an upsetting and awful cycle because obviously after that going round in your head you aren't going to feel better are you? πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I think that's one of the things I found really useful about private therapy, my therapist told me I had to stop comparing my journey and reactions to other peoples.
My pain is valid, my MH struggles are real and it's not my fault.

I didn't ask for wonky MH, I didn't invite it in and I didn't do anything to deserve it and I am not making it up.
It just is, like the fact that my ears stick out a bit or that I've got big front teeth and a pretty sizable conk ;) :ROFLMAO:

ETA: Obviously I have agency and can try and do things to combat it, I'm not throwing in the towel or anything by saying that ^ I am obviously still a massive work in progress though πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I just wanted to say before I head off that I'm reading a brilliant book at the moment. It's got me fully gripped. It's called Why Don't Students Like School and is about education techniques, but it's actually about thinking and why we (as humans) are so bad at it. It's very readable. Our brains actually don't like to think and will avoid it wherever possible. I'm looking forward to getting to the 'what to do instead' part!
In a very dumbed down way I learnt a lot about this from the rehab team after mum's stroke, about how her brain is going to take easiest way out, how it's going to trick her into thinking she can't do stuff. Random quote;
He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still - Lao Tzu also said it before & I'll say it again, your tenacity & balls & how you've coped & survived are truly awesome, thank you for sharing & just being youπŸ’œ

@House of Tea - I do like your ethos & your posts. Fwiw I remember how incredibly belligerent (think that's right word) that particular poster you're referring to was about an entirely different issue from the beginning of their posting so I don't think you should take it personally, just keep being youπŸ’–

@GoLibrarianPoo - all I can say is I echo a lot of what you've said. I'm totally unashamed at now starting therapy at late stage to better what I've tried to do myself because in this crazy world its just not enough anymore it seems. So appreciate the old standard dust yourself down & get on with it, that's fine until it isn't, you've helped me feel braver about just being me. Thank you sincerelyπŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’•πŸ’–

All of you lot really, your views, thoughts & experiences, I do really value, thank youπŸŒˆπŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ˜˜

I said I reacted to "bw videogate" viscerally that's still true. But little voice in back of my head is wondering about the links with selling products etc. Which is why I attempt to scroll through recent dross for the info from welp🀣 Don't have enough solid info yet to totally form a personal opinion but I guess time will indeed tellπŸ€·β€β™€οΈfor me it's still about best thing for the kids. I'm intrigued by diff between narc dads/mums (some have sadly had bothπŸ˜”) sorry to post here just not v comfortable over there atmπŸ˜–although will keep trying unless it gets very much more awful🀞

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@Penguin86
I'm so sorry you had a similar experience ❀ It's really awful to reach out looking for some help and be turned away. All because you don't fit the person seeing you on the day's perception of what depression or MH struggles look like 😭

I actually really struggled to go and seek help, I always have.
I've picked up the message from my Dad mainly that you don't ask for help and you pick yourself up and bloody well get on with it basically.
Anyway that incident happened a very very long time ago now, but afterwards I just felt completely slapped down, and like I was a fraud - I seriously spent a long time going round in awful circles thinking am I making it up? Am I making it out to be worse than it is? Why can't I just deal with things like a normal person 😭
It just was a really horrible experience and it put me off seeking further help for a long time afterwards (n)

I'd like to think things have moved on a bit since then because there has been a lot more public awareness of MH struggles in the time between, but I couldn't say with confidence that it's really a huge amount better πŸ˜“

I still struggle with self validation about my depression and there's a part of me that occasionally still rages at myself for being the way I am.
My constant internal critic will break free of the soundproof prison I keep it in and say "So many people have dealt with so much more than you in their lives. Their lives have been infinitely harder, infinitely more damaging, infinitely more painful. They are fully functioning people and here you are, barely functioning, just about managing to exist with the equivalent of a few emotional scratches in comparison to those that have endured true hardship. Who are you to sit and cry about how sad you are, how hard life is for you" etc, etc, etc πŸ˜₯
My internal critic is a really nasty fucker. I don't think I've ever had anyone say anything quite so hurtful as my own brain has thrown at me in my darkest moments πŸ˜₯

It's such an upsetting and awful cycle because obviously after that going round in your head you aren't going to feel better are you? πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I think that's one of the things I found really useful about private therapy, my therapist told me I had to stop comparing my journey and reactions to other peoples.
My pain is valid, my MH struggles are real and it's not my fault.

I didn't ask for wonky MH, I didn't invite it in and I didn't do anything to deserve it and I am not making it up.
It just is, like the fact that my ears stick out a bit or that I've got big front teeth and a pretty sizable conk ;) :ROFLMAO:

ETA: Obviously I have agency and can try and do things to combat it, I'm not throwing in the towel or anything by saying that ^ I am obviously still a massive work in progress though πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO:
I read on the MT both your experience and wanted to reply but fell asleep
I really can't put into words the disappointment and sadness I felt hearing that you managed to go for treatment only to be turned away for basically not looking "mentally ill". It is just heartbreaking because I know what a massive step it is to even make an appointment. It's an absolute joke and I am glad you managed to get over that bad experience and keep percivering.

People who are mentally ill don't often present that way. If you met me you would have no idea that I am chemically balanced by a cocktail of medicine. I am however 100% open with it and don't hide it, I talk about mental health with everyone because I think it's so important. The amount of people who say to me "oh you don't look crazy/depressed/anxious ya da ya da". I'm trying to change the stigma of depressed people walking about face tripping them with greasy hair and black clothing πŸ™†

I was very lucky that my late Mum always taught me from a young age to vocalise exactly what I wanted/needed to Doctors. I learnt that if a Doctor was old school "take a walk and have a banana/pull yourself together" type to dump them and get someone who knew about MH issues as they are. When I get a new Doctor as I did recently I lay it all out. Even when I went for my Corona jag before the lady took my name i told her I had severe anxiety etc

I am waffling but I guess my long run on point is please never be ashamed of what you fight through every day. Don't compare your journey to others because 3ft or 30ft someone is still drowning. No one else's struggle invalidates how you feel.

It's not all sunshine so don't get me wrong. There are days when my mind rages against me, there are days when I lay in bed or feel like tit but I know in my mind it's only temporary. I tell that internal voice to stop. The thing I was saying about the internal voice exercise absolutely helps.

If you say to yourself " your an idiot" you then have to stop and say " I'm sorry your not an idiot your just frustrated/sad/etc"

It actually works.

Anyway sorry to have babbled on so much. I just think it's so important that people know they are seen and they are applauded for doing a great bleeping job πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.