Tamara Kalinic - Gimme all the brands, I'll #ad them to death cuz feck sustainability

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The give away is a clear attempt to raise engagement. Her daily vlogs were a failure and her last YT was disastrous. People felt outrageous, and I understand why. She had the guts to say that she gets tired of a lot of her bags and shoes because she sees them all over social media. Tam Tam, wake up! you are part of the movement responsible for making all these items be all over social media. You try to shove down people's throat all these things, because you are paied to ,and also, so you can make some money! What a shallow and hypocrite person.
Then she tried to justify herself on the comments, and she did a even more terrible job, people are not stupid Tamara.

Regarding her Hermes “obsession “, like everything else, she loves the brand because her german “friends” have hermes bags. She gets obsessed with things not because she truly loves them but because other influencers do. She is a personality and style vacuum.
Btw: Mandy’s hermes collection is beautiful.

very honest question: why do you think she is intelligent and savvy? Until to this day, I just cannot picture it.She pretends to that is for sure, but in the end of the day, she seems no better then INTF or Lydia.
To me she comes across as savvy because she has been smart about managing her image and avoiding the pitfalls most other influencers stumble into. She always makes it a point to express how grateful she is for press trips and brand freebies, in videos she is polite and friendly to people, she says that she spends her own money to pay for fashion week trips so she can create content and during quarantine she hasn’t whined too much about being stuck in the house and trips/events being cancelled, she’s been careful to show that she’s staying at home and she acknowledges that she is lucky in many ways. Overall she created an image of someone who while privileged was aware of her privilege and was hard working and serious about her job and willing to invest her own money into it rather than many other influencers who won’t go on trips unless everything is paid for or showcase items that aren’t freebies. Now this could be the result of a good management strategy from her agency and in real life she could be terrible. I’m just going by how she presents herself and I think she’s been smarter in presenting herself vs girls like Fashion Mumblr who moved house in the middle of quarantine stay at home orders or Lydia & Frow who constantly whine and don’t leave their homes unless everything is paid for by someone else. Ofcourse that video about items she is bored with was a bad stumble and it will be interesting to see if it was a blip and she recovers from it or it was the start of us getting glimpses into her true personality and she continues to spiral.

To be honest, before the lockdown happened I thought the same about her. But the last 3 months turned out to be such a missed opportunity for her. I’m astonished at how poorly she performed during this period. Empty mindless vlogs, boring “tutorials”, ignorant talks, random hauls of nothing to write home about. She could have done SO much better!
- 10 ways to style ***
- outfits that go both with heels and flats
- online subscriber makeover
- shopping my wardrobe
- day to night outfits
- how to incorporate vintage into modern wardrobe
- colours/patterns paring advice
- how to take care of expensive bags/shoes
- how to accessories not to overdo it
- 10 makeup looks with one pallette
- etc.
Turned out she is the same LAZY turd as Lydia and ITF. Without her “travelling” she has absolutely NOTHING to offer.
All she did during this lockdown was praising herself.
I agree - I too think the way she’s handled content during quarantine is a missed opportunity. When she posted asking for suggestions of content we wanted at the start I too responded saying things like how to shop your closet or style older clothes to make them fresh again would be great vlogs. I think the list you have is fantastic and if she is reading on here I hope she takes that advice!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I agree a lot what you say. I liked her content, as ai think she did a responsible thing in a way she mentioned she didnt move house even though she was supposed to.
Im sure she lost a lot of work etc, and in a way is the only one not moaning with corona.
But i do think she could have lifted it on another level - Instead she is doing same old stuff.

Regarding the “got bored of stuff video” i think she always does those.
She did one in January also full of angry comments, from the readers, who of course get offended, but somehow she just grows from that, im npt sure why, i suppose she feels a bit entitled as if she knows better about trends, and her viewer like feeling like this (!?)

Reactions: 1
To me she comes across as savvy because she has been smart about managing her image and avoiding the pitfalls most other influencers stumble into. She always makes it a point to express how grateful she is for press trips and brand freebies, in videos she is polite and friendly to people, she says that she spends her own money to pay for fashion week trips so she can create content and during quarantine she hasn’t whined too much about being stuck in the house and trips/events being cancelled, she’s been careful to show that she’s staying at home and she acknowledges that she is lucky in many ways. Overall she created an image of someone who while privileged was aware of her privilege and was hard working and serious about her job and willing to invest her own money into it rather than many other influencers who won’t go on trips unless everything is paid for or showcase items that aren’t freebies. Now this could be the result of a good management strategy from her agency and in real life she could be terrible. I’m just going by how she presents herself and I think she’s been smarter in presenting herself vs girls like Fashion Mumblr who moved house in the middle of quarantine stay at home orders or Lydia & Frow who constantly whine and don’t leave their homes unless everything is paid for by someone else. Ofcourse that video about items she is bored with was a bad stumble and it will be interesting to see if it was a blip and she recovers from it or it was the start of us getting glimpses into her true personality and she continues to spiral.

I agree - I too think the way she’s handled content during quarantine is a missed opportunity. When she posted asking for suggestions of content we wanted at the start I too responded saying things like how to shop your closet or style older clothes to make them fresh again would be great vlogs. I think the list you have is fantastic and if she is reading on here I hope she takes that advice!
You have some valid points...
However I have a different view on two:
- moving houses: she didn’t move because she had not yet find a flat she liked. I remeber someone asking her in NY or Milan about this subject and she said so. Then she had surgery after PFW and right after, the lockdown started. No property visits were allowed to happen.
josie perhaps really had to move. Probably because the new tenants/owners of her old flat were ready to move. Pure speculation obviously, but I think it is the most obvious reason behind the move during lockdown.

- fashion weeks: well, I don’t think she has to do a a considerable personal investment because she usually partners with hotels. Sure she has to pay for the flight, but my point is, Tamara knows that without FWs and traveling she has nothing to offer. Lydia for example likes to produce house content, some fashion content as well (not saying that I like it, on the contrary), but she gets a lot of views. She does not need to travel to gain followers.
to me, lockdown content offered by Tamara proves what I have been saying . She cannot reinvent herself, neither has the intelligence to accept suggestions from her audience.
A savvy person to me, is someone who facing challenges, is able to adapt and overcome them.
tamara like 80% of the influencers cannot move out of their comfort zone.
I find appalling that at the peak of the pandemic, she continued to do fashion hauls, like nothing was going on. She is completely out of touch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Last words that come to my mind speaking of Tamara is friendly and polite. This is the woman who constantly throws shades at everyone, and apart from the Germans, no one seems to like her. She jumps from friendship to friendship. She is bitter regarding others’ success, rarely comments or likes posts, even from her “closest” friends. This for me speaks volumes about her character.

Really bothers me how condescending she is when talking to her audience.
For instance: “ I do fashion weeks to create content for you guys...I spend so much moneys and time”...cut the c* Tamara. You have nothing else to offer honey, and I highly doubt you own any other “talent”. It is embarrassing how hard she tries, but fails miserably to be accepted by the big fashion houses, albeit attending FWS for years now:VB, Chanel, BV, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Givenchy, Prada, Gucci, just to name a few... So no, she is neither savvy no competent.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’ve really tried to like her but there’s something about her I can’t take to at all, and she seems like they type of girl who would be a real witch behind your back.

Reactions: 4
If this quarantine continues (which it probably will be on and off), these bloggers’ bubbles are about to burst. Especially with Tamara who can’t do any “home content” since she doesn’t have a home. Her content was heavily relying on travels and hauling high end stuff. None of that is happening right now.

If this quarantine continues (which it probably will be on and off), these bloggers’ bubbles are about to burst. Especially with Tamara who can’t do any “home content” since she doesn’t have a home. Her content was heavily relying on travels and hauling high end stuff. None of that is happening right now.
I really dislike home content- but what I dislike even more is that non of them - including Tamara is that they didn’t grow, they didn’t mature in any way. She didn’t go in any depth with fashion- it still very superficial and basic. Anyone with money could do it.

I wouldn’t watch Tamara if she did venture into home content as I just skip through her hauls and see if I like any luxury items. She doesn’t necessarily buy the same bags as other influences at least she ventures out to different colours and takes more risk which I appreciate. Her personality does not appeal to me she’s not captivating just has a real bitchy, bitter vibe about her.

Gosh, not looking forward for any home content from her, taking with consideration her room/office/wardrobe decor. She has no taste.

Yup, Tamara is going to struggle really hard, like 90% of them actually . Paid partnerships are rare these days, and I’m not seeing changes in the foreseeable future. Brands will be very picky in regards to this matter and they will prefer big names such as Leonie, Caro, Negin, Camila, Xenia, Chiara...
Better start saving, because buying 4 Hermes bags in one year doesn’t seem wise, considering she is far from being one of the most profitable influences in the industry, she doesn’t make a lot of money anyway. Always wonder how was she able to buy so many “luxe” items, but as someone said previously, she returns most of them.
Also, she has not been disclosing gifts. By Far shoes and bag for instance. Leonie and Amelia received them as well and they did disclose. Very sneaky and disingenuous

Last edited:
  • Heart
Gosh, not looking forward for any home content from her, taking with consideration her room/office/wardrobe decor. She has no taste.

Yup, Tamara is going to struggle really hard, like 90% of them actually . Paid partnerships are rare these days, and I’m not seeing changes in the foreseeable future. Brands will be very picky in regards to this matter and they will prefer big names such as Leonie, Caro, Negin, Camila, Xenia, Chiara...
Better start saving, because buying 4 Hermes bags in one year doesn’t seem wise, considering she is far from being one of the most profitable influences in the industry, she doesn’t make a lot of money anyway. Always wonder how was she able to buy so many “luxe” items, but as someone said previously, she returns most of them.
Also, she has not been disclosing gifts. By Far shoes and bag for instance. Leonie and Amelia received them as well and they did disclose. Very sneaky and disingenuous
Same questions- i actually checked her balance, it is so low. She mist have company somewhere else too.

Reactions: 2
I like Tamara’s content and think she offers versatility to very boring UK scene. I find her instagram much more interesting than Lydias or ITF.

Amelia, Lydia, ITF and Tamara all did the same Bulgari sponsored post. Tamara and ITF donated their fees to NHS and Amelia and Lydia did not 😱😱😱😱.
Hence I have a lot of respect for people who give back!!!

New here. Well sort of, I have been reading actively for a while now, but wanted to make a point. Following very closely what is going on.

I like Tamara’s content and think she offers versatility to very boring UK scene. I find her instagram much more interesting than Lydias or ITF.

Amelia, Lydia, ITF and Tamara all did the same Bulgari sponsored post. Tamara and ITF donated their fees to NHS and Amelia and Lydia did not 😱😱😱😱.
Hence I have a lot of respect for people who give back!!!
To be fair, Amelia recently sold many of her pieces to charity.
Regarding Lydia, what is new?👀

Yeah, also Amelia does one big charity event in London every year, this time however, because of lockdown, I believe she end up selling many of her clothes online.

Our TamTam is really desperate, poor girl. Four days on, and the give away is still happening . In a few weeks, she will be loosing all these new “fake followers”,who are following her now, only for the give away purpose.

• Heart
To be fair, Amelia recently sold many of her pieces to charity.
Regarding Lydia, what is new?👀
Regardless of who sells what what charity, I was making a point that money from that job would not have been missed by either Amelia or Lydia.
I think that they could have donated money from Bulgari instagram promotion to NHS like ITF and Tamara did. Credit given where credit is due!

I see your point about selling things, but they are selling their unwanted things rather than giving up on cash so in my eyes it is not the same 🙃🙃!

Regardless of who sells what what charity, I was making a point that money from that job would not have been missed by either Amelia or Lydia.
I think that they could have donated money from Bulgari instagram promotion to NHS like ITF and Tamara did. Credit given where credit is due!

I see your point about selling things, but they are selling their unwanted things rather than giving up on cash so in my eyes it is not the same 🙃🙃!
In the end of the day, each one of them, gave money to charities. If the money came from Bvlgari, Prada, H&M or from one of their neighbors, it really doesn’t matter. I think it is pointless to be counting who gives more how and why.

In the end of the day, each one of them, gave money to charities. If the money came from Bvlgari, Prada, H&M or from one of their neighbors, it really doesn’t matter. I think it is pointless to be counting who gives more and how/why.
Lets agree to disagree 😉
I am comparing apples with apples and you are looking at picture from a different angle.

Four of them did same project and I am commenting on two different approaches they took (in the same situation!). Anyhow, wishing you a pleasant day! 👋🏻👋🏻

Reactions: 6
Agree with above. I saw that Amelia and Lydia did the same project with Bulgari for money, and that Tamara and Victoria donated theirs to charity.

In the end of the day, each one of them, gave money to charities. If the money came from Bvlgari, Prada, H&M or from one of their neighbors, it really doesn’t matter. I think it is pointless to be counting who gives more how and why.
Of course it matters! If during difficult times you are taking money putting in your pocket, then you are a greedy snob. If you are generous enough to say your pay check goes to fight COVID-19 thats a different thing! Its sad that someone would think "it doesnt matter if you donate a fee to charity or you put it in your own pocket" specially when these influencers dont need this money and live in villas.

Agree with above. I saw that Amelia and Lydia did the same project with Bulgari for money, and that Tamara and Victoria donated theirs to charity.

Of course it matters! If during difficult times you are taking money putting in your pocket, then you are a greedy snob. If you are generous enough to say your pay check goes to fight COVID-19 thats a different thing! Its sad that someone would think "it doesnt matter if you donate a fee to charity or you put it in your own pocket" specially when these influencers dont need this money and live in villas.
please read my post carefully. You’re missing my point and you are using words I have never said. My point is, from the names mentioned, they all helped charities. For me, in the end of the day, it is insignificant if they help by using the Bvlgari money, their personal savings, selling clothes or by providing items for auction. Yes, perhaps Lydia and Amelia didn’t use the Bvlgari paycheck for charity, but this doesn’t mean that they didn’t donate. I find silly to be taking note of who gives more or less. I’m sure many of them lie about donating anyway: some may say they help charities, but they end up not donating a penny, and others, opt for not disclosing when they donate. I’m not going to judge Lydia or Amelia (both I personally dislike, from different reasons) because they didn’t use the Bvlgari paycheck. I’m quite sure you don’t donate 100% of your salary, right?
As someone said, let’s agree to disagree, but please, don’t misquote me.

Last edited:
Looks like you are the one that cant read. Read what the other member Lidiator said. We are comparing 2 influencers to other 2 during exact same marketing campaign.

Amelia and Lydia pocketted the money while Victoria and Tamara donated theirs. If you dont understand English I can also say it in Portuguese

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.