Tamara Kalinic - Gimme all the brands, I'll #ad them to death cuz feck sustainability

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her outfit choices are next level boring. So many monograms prints. Her style clearly lacks class. It looks like a monkey have been left loose in the designer store.
I think your comment is a bit dated. She is someone who started to blindly follow trends, so she stopped with monograms long time ago, from time to time you still see her in Fendi etc, but not any more. 2ya she was obsessed. I think she stayed faithful to colors from beginning and I think she is dressed much better then before. Maybe because I am a fan of Acne and similar brands, so I appreciate The push in that direction. But I really dislike that she likes Dior so much- I mean MGC Dior.

She is one of the fakest and she bothers me in so many ways.
Her fakeness begins on the “simple” fact that she says she is a London based “eyewear designer”... She lives in Brighton. What is the shame in that?
Also, the luxury goods, I’m not sure. She does a lot of luxury hauls but I believe she returns most of the items, because you never see those items again.
She says she only works with brands she loves, yeah right (hello Aldo, hello Furla).
She pretends to be an A list influencer, however, looking at the most recent fashion weeks, she barely had any shows in NY, London and Paris. To be fair, she works with a lot of Italian brands, but this is due to her italian management team, without who she would have zero shows to attend.
She is pushing so hard for Bottega, Chanel, Hermes, Givenchy, Loewe...but she cannot even get an invite to a second row. The truth is, apart from Vuitton and Dior, the big and most relevant fashion houses, don’t want to be associated with Tamara. She lacks class, elegance and she is a copycat of others style ( Leonie, Caro, Viktoria Rader, Doina, etc).
She seems fake with the other girls too : “you are so cute, you are ao beautiful”... Is she incapable of making a real praise?
Her audience barely grew, albeit having so many platforms and being in the business for so long. She should focus on quality over quantity.
She constantly takes digs at the other girls: In the Frow nails/claws, Lydia constant moaning (on one of her videos she said everyone is entitled to criticize and to dislike her choices/looks. This was right after Lydia’s video talking about the online “bullying”. However, Tamara blocks and deletes people who make a negative comment).
Not so coherent our Tamara...
I have been watching a lot of lives on Instagram, experts talking about the future of influencers and how they need to reinvent themselves.
I wonder what Tamara will do, because without constant traveling, and the fashion purchases in bulk, she has nothing to offer really. Maybe a flat decoration can “save” her (if she eventually moves out of her sisters house).
Sorry for the long rant guys😅
I appreciate her honesty, shading if you like 😂, purely because two u have mentioned are the worst of the influencers. I like that she stands behind what she says and is not afraid. I made good and not good at all comments, and I have my self erased 2 or 3 of them because she had valid argument. But she never deleted comment and when I follow I see that she left them out. But I do wonder how will she survive. I one way I respect that she doesn’t put herself into everything- she does what she likes and knows, but on other- after Corona I wonder will there be such a need for luxurious brands as before 🤷🏻‍♀️
I as architect/interior designer am super upset with Vic and Lidl who gives advices and showcase their home as good example. I would rather they stay in their own lane. If they were good- please do, but they suck and share bad taste as a disease.

I don’t now remember- someone said her range And followers are nit growing. I think that is weird. Someone already here told me that she has more organic growth. But I also noticed that Xenia is not moving at all, and when someone asked her about that/ she replied that people are focusing on wring elements 🤷🏻‍♀️. But what I did notice that a lot of influencers with high following number as Leonie or Care have much smaller influence than Lydia or Tamara. 🤔
On another side, i think she had super small earnings so I really question what also someone mentioned about buying and returning things.
Oh Wooow I invested myself to much in this 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I wouldn’t call Tamara honest though.
Someone who throws shades at others, albeit being very vague about it isn’t honest. Someone who preaches that “we need to support each other” and who says that she doesn’t like to talk about others, “each to their own”, bla bla bla, and then makes comments like these, isn’t someone honest in my point of view. I think she is shady (hilarious, because that is the name of “her” sunnies brand).🙄
Also, let’s talk about her face. She is not honest about it. She still has implants on her lips (though much more subtle) and fillers on her face, however she says she is now 100% natural. Yeah girl.... there is something called google, where you can find pictures of yourself, from about 6/7 years ago. No one changes this drastically “naturally”.

I wouldn’t say Tamara or Lydia have more influence than Caro or Leonie. These two are definitely on another level. Leonie’s move to London was a very smart choice.
Perhaps I would agree that T and L have more influence than Xenia though.

I wouldn’t call Tamara honest though.
Someone who throws shades at others, albeit being very vague about it isn’t honest. Someone who preaches that “we need to support each other” and who says that she doesn’t like to talk about others, “each to their own”, bla bla bla, and then makes comments like these, isn’t someone honest in my point of view. I think she is shady (hilarious, because that is the name of “her” sunnies brand).🙄
Also, let’s talk about her face. She is not honest about it. She still has implants on her lips (though much more subtle) and fillers on her face, however she says she is now 100% natural. Yeah girl.... there is something called google, where you can find pictures of yourself, from about 6/7 years ago. No one changes this drastically “naturally”.

I wouldn’t say Tamara or Lydia have more influence than Caro or Leonie. These two are definitely on another level. Leonie’s move to London was a very smart choice.
Perhaps I would agree that T and L have more influence than Xenia though.
No , no, I would say that Caro and Leonie (though for some reason I don’t like her) def have more influence- but when you go through stats they are super low. But They wouldn’t be where they are if they didn’t - so I totally agree.

Second- comments about face- absolutely agree- it is changes again- and there are some implants in her lips 1000%. I thinK she did that in Amsterdam so she could fix terrible job from before. But you can see her lips are plump again. And whooo knows what else she had done.
But I do think she is far more honest and has much more principles than Vic and Lydia (using them because they are same group to me- for comparation).

Tamara’s lack of coherence never fails to surprise me. She said Tik Tok doesn’t suit her “brand”, however, she just posted one video, albeit stressing that it is only for her family (if it is only for her family, why posting though? Also, her poor nephew looked so uncomfortable).
I bet she will be posting more in the near future, arguing that:” I got so many requests from you guys, I’m doing this because of you”🙄
This girl is desperateeee

Last edited:
Tamara’s lack of coherence never fails to surprise me. She said Tik Tok doesn’t suit her “brand”, however, she just posted one video, albeit stressing that it is only for her family (if it is only for her family, why posting though? Also, her poor nephew looked so uncomfortable).
I bet she will be posting more in the near future, arguing that:” I got so many requests from you guys, I’m doing this because of you”🙄
This girl is desperateeee
So disappointing 😔 i said to myself if she starts doing that - I will unfollow

I started following Tamara earlier this year with her fashion week content. I was super drawn in with those vlogs, and just kept with her. I find her to be a genuinely knowledgeable fashion influencer and I love her voice (could listen to her talk all day).

BUT, what is the deal with the sister? It seems like there is a long running thing about the sister not wanting to be shown on camera? But her sister's children can be filmed, and the sister can speak at length on Tamara's videos as long as she's out of frame? That's really weird, right?

Reactions: 2
I started following Tamara earlier this year with her fashion week content. I was super drawn in with those vlogs, and just kept with her. I find her to be a genuinely knowledgeable fashion influencer and I love her voice (could listen to her talk all day).

BUT, what is the deal with the sister? It seems like there is a long running thing about the sister not wanting to be shown on camera? But her sister's children can be filmed, and the sister can speak at length on Tamara's videos as long as she's out of frame? That's really weird, right?
I think she is insecure about her appearance. I don’t guarantee is because of that, but someone mentioned it before. I think she is (someone was posting images on old not mentioning forums) very cute and beautiful, but has a bit fuller figure. And second reason is her job, she is just not comfortable appearing at YT and doing her work.
Those were the reasons I heard

I don’t think it is a problem her sister not wanting to appear online, who knows, maybe her job doesn’t allow her to? Pure speculation.
However, I find really stupid and absolutely unnecessary showing her nephews...

I don’t think it is a problem her sister not wanting to appear online, who knows, maybe her job doesn’t allow her to? Pure speculation.
However, I find really stupid and absolutely unnecessary showing her nephews...
Absolutely- I hated the period when she was asking his nephew “am I beautiful “,who is pretty?” I found that extremely weird way to communicate with young child

Reactions: 3
Thanks everyone! I agree that's it's not a problem that her sister isn't on camera, but I was so curious about it after Tamara's last vlog where they filmed a 20 minute convo together with the sister off screen.

It almost makes me more curious about the sister, if that makes sense? If Tamara showed her for a few seconds a moved on, I wouldn't think anything of it. But all of the "secrecy" is intriguing.

I have unfollowed Tamara (even I liked her FWs and Vlogmas content). But any influencer than in this pandemic time use their time to play with their Manolos, Channel bags and Dior makeup is in my opinion showing their true colors.

The world and life have stopped for everyone. And this lockdown should be a time to be wiser and better.

Her vlogs showing her shoes, sunnies collection, hauls... Her instagram of her luxury collections and playing to get dressed just to tag brands shows how materialistic she is. Part of this behaviur is to still earn money with affiliate links, and part of it is to keep her Instagram feed as fake as always.

And I agree, that "you asked me to do this video" is so lame. What are you, a puppet?. Don't play the dumb girl that is smart, but her audience demands her to show her shoes collection cause 'that kind of video help people to escape from this awful time' :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
I have unfollowed Tamara (even I liked her FWs and Vlogmas content). But any influencer than in this pandemic time use their time to play with their Manolos, Channel bags and Dior makeup is in my opinion showing their true colors.

The world and life have stopped for everyone. And this lockdown should be a time to be wiser and better.

Her vlogs showing her shoes, sunnies collection, hauls... Her instagram of her luxury collections and playing to get dressed just to tag brands shows how materialistic she is. Part of this behaviur is to still earn money with affiliate links, and part of it is to keep her Instagram feed as fake as always.

And I agree, that "you asked me to do this video" is so lame. What are you, a puppet?. Don't play the dumb girl that is smart, but her audience demands her to show her shoes collection cause 'that kind of video help people to escape from this awful time' :rolleyes:
well said. And find it disgusting that at the peak of this pandemic, this woman had the guts to make an ad with that awful Laura Mercier product. She is out of touch. I have noticed that (thankfully) apart from her, Amelia Liana or Leonie, most of influencers have been very careful and sensible about their content. This is not the time to advertise superficial products, when the world is fighting for masks, ventilators and god knows if not food in the very near future.
You have put it perfectly: this is the time when people show their true colors and Tamara’s are ugly.

well said. And find it disgusting that at the peak of this pandemic, this woman had the guts to make an ad with that awful Laura Mercier product. She is out of touch. I have noticed that (thankfully) apart from her, Amelia Liana or Leonie, most of influencers have been very careful and sensible about their content. This is not the time to advertise superficial products, when the world is fighting for masks, ventilators and god knows if not food in the very near future.
You have put it perfectly: this is the time when people show their true colors and Tamara’s are ugly.
Somehow I have different view on this. Victoria published yesterday series of stories advertising Urban Decay, Amelia advertised very controversial Houseparty app, Lydia advertised Aerin, GHD and some dental products while Leonie advertised kate spade and hellobody all as paid collaboration within last few days. I think it would have been worse if these individuals were going on furlough and we were funding their wages from our taxes.

I respect Tamara’s work ethics and her devotion to what she does. I do not think that it is shameful to be working. Magazines are still publishing.
If influencers were not publishing any content, I would have wondered if they do it only when they are paid to do so.

Reactions: 6
Somehow I have different view on this. Victoria published yesterday series of stories advertising Urban Decay, Amelia advertised very controversial Houseparty app, Lydia advertised Aerin, GHD and some dental products while Leonie advertised kate spade and hellobody all as paid collaboration within last few days. I think it would have been worse if these individuals were going on furlough and we were funding their wages from our taxes.

I respect Tamara’s work ethics and her devotion to what she does. I do not think that it is shameful to be working. Magazines are still publishing.
If influencers were not publishing any content, I would have wondered if they do it only when they are paid to do so.
Exactly, and her ad was at the verey beginning of lock down, not right in the middle, i imagine these jobs have contracts that were in place before we knew what was going to happen.

I think when you compare tamara's content to Liedia and ITF it is so much more authentic...the other two i find completely out of touch, not mentioning the virus at all trying to pretend they are busy and things are normal...at least in tamara's daily vlogs she is showing real life. Just my opinion! I find she is a total contrast to the others

Reactions: 8

Exactly, and her ad was at the verey beginning of lock down, not right in the middle, i imagine these jobs have contracts that were in place before we knew what was going to happen.

I think when you compare tamara's content to Liedia and ITF it is so much more authentic...the other two i find completely out of touch, not mentioning the virus at all trying to pretend they are busy and things are normal...at least in tamara's daily vlogs she is showing real life. Just my opinion! I find she is a total contrast to the others
What is exactly the difference from posting an ad at the begging than posting at the middle? There are other influencers that were suppose to deliver the same Laura Mercier content, but they decided to inform the brand that it was not appropriate, so they “renegotiated “ to post on a later occasion. Tamara tough, always eager to ear some pennies, didn’t do the same. Shame.
Believe me, the same goes to those names you mentioned. They are equally wrong and out of touch.

still up to this day, I have to make an effort to find where lies the “authenticity” on Tamara’s work. She puts out there so much content, but in the end of the day it is always the same. Quantity over quality never worked, that is why her growth is small. Besides, her content is not relatable and did not evolve at all throughout the years. Girls like Camila Coelho, Aimee, Xenia or Negin (just to name a few) started by sharing purchases (fashion and beauty), travelling, etc, but they are now on a different level, they have their own brands and different purposes on their careers. They are house hold names. That is something Tamara isn’t, and I highly doubt, will ever be.

Last edited:
I do not think that it is shameful to be working. Magazines are still publishing.
Don't get me wrong. Is not about shame those who are working. I am still working (as web designer I have had lot of sites that have required to be updated daily) and so is my husband (he works in education). My sister is a ballet teacher and managed to give online classes. I think those who can work are very thankful to do so.

I just don't like how some Influencers like Tamara, Lydia Millen, ITF... are using their platforms to 'entertain' their audience with hauls, put on expensive clothes and full makeup to take a mirror selfie... We all know inlfuencers audiences are the majority young people. And I dont like the message of keep teasing the consumism like this is going to be over in two weeks and you can go and spend your money on clothes and makeup. I understand influencers earn money with those luxury brands, but they can keep doing money from YouTube doing other kind of videos.

If you look Tamara Instagram, you can't tell the difference to when her posts are pre-pandemia and during-pandemia. Because she doesn't want to "ruin" her feed with a post of her on her comfy clothes being real. I think is like her opinion on TikTok, that it doesn't macth her brand. Maybe post real content doesn't 'match her brand'.

Anyway, during this time I have spotted the kind of influencers that are so out of touch than are not capable to post a video without naming their luxury items.

The problem I currently have with Tamara and other street style influenzas (aside from Leonie) is that they refuse to do their actual job, which is STYLING the outfits. I don’t want to hear about their opinion on COVID-19 or world economic crisis. Neither am I interested in how they are coping or how they are helping. We are all in the same boat here, doing the same things. I did not subscribe to them for that. And that is also the reason I unsubscribed from Doina. Good for her to give back to society by talking about what is currently going on, raising awareness, money, etc. But if I would like to follow a charity organization I would do so in a first place. I so not seek pandemic advise and knowledgefrom a fashion instachick. I asked Negin, Xenia, Noor, and Tamara multiple times to do styling videos/instastories/igtv. Yet, they prefer to mindlessly bla into the camera about the crisis, do tiktok, do their nails, talk to their family members I do not care about, clean, cook... ANYTHING aside from their actual skill I subscribed to. They sit in front of their huge wardrobes packed with latest designer items, and the thought of entertaining people with “20 ways to style Jaquemus hot pink blazer” (they all have) does not even cross their mind. No, instead I have to watch them awkwardly trying to remove their acrylics as if a normal person, that was not completely out of touch with reality before the pandemic, does not know already how to do it, or would not be able to google a youtube tutorial. And do not even get me started on overload of kids and dogs in their content nowadays. As if anyone asked for that type of content from a fashion blogger. No! It’s just convenient to them to do nothing, film whatever, call it a vlog and proudly pat themselves on a back for “keeping working” even under a lockdown. I’m a lecturer. I was lecturing my course before the pandemic, and I’m doing the same now. I do not use Webinars to show my students my cleaning and cooking skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The problem I currently have with Tamara and other street style influenzas (aside from Leonie) is that they refuse to do their actual job, which is STYLING the outfits. I don’t want to hear about their opinion on COVID-19 or world economic crisis. Neither am I interested in how they are coping or how they are helping. We are all in the same boat here, doing the same things. I did not subscribe to them for that. And that is also the reason I unsubscribed from Doina. Good for her to give back to society by talking about what is currently going on, raising awareness, money, etc. But if I would like to follow a charity organization I would do so in a first place. I so not seek pandemic advise and knowledgefrom a fashion instachick. I asked Negin, Xenia, Noor, and Tamara multiple times to do styling videos/instastories/igtv. Yet, they prefer to mindlessly bla into the camera about the crisis, do tiktok, do their nails, talk to their family members I do not care about, clean, cook... ANYTHING aside from their actual skill I subscribed to. They sit in front of their huge wardrobes packed with latest designer items, and the thought of entertaining people with “20 ways to style Jaquemus hot pink blazer” (they all have) does not even cross their mind. No, instead I have to watch them awkwardly trying to remove their acrylics as if a normal person, that was not completely out of touch with reality before the pandemic, does not know already how to do it, or would not be able to google a youtube tutorial. And do not even get me started on overload of kids and dogs in their content nowadays. As if anyone asked for that type of content from a fashion blogger. No! It’s just convenient to them to do nothing, film whatever, call it a vlog and proudly pat themselves on a back for “keeping working” even under a lockdown. I’m a lecturer. I was lecturing my course before the pandemic, and I’m doing the same now. I do not use Webinars to show my students my cleaning and cooking skills.
Perfectly said.
Tamara can’t style a look because 90% of her looks are a conjunction of “trends/it products” all put together with no sense of style whatsoever.
When people say Tamara knows a lot about fashion, I gush. Really...She runs from show to show without even sharing a true insight of what she saw
(“Omg, loved the show, I’m a big supporter of the brand, always love them”, bla bla bla). Obviously the fact that her background doesn’t come from fashion, doesn’t help. But she could improve and learn, however she doesn’t want to. She only does not know a thing about fashion, but also, she does not know how to “play with it” and being creative. A recent example: she lays all her BV shoes on the floor, takes a picture and adds to her IG account. Very creative indeed... the epitome of laziness.
Also, very important is that I find her a copycat. Leonie is her role model (and I don’t like the girl, her constant childish giggle bothers me, but as you said, she knows how to style a look and she is a trendsetting, that is why the big brands love her), she copies Viktoria Rader, Caro,Aimee Song and even ITF (to be fair they both copy each other).
tamara is now slowly embarking on the scandi style, but is falling miserably, because she simply doesn’t own the “je ne sais quoi” that most scandi girls have. She went to Copenhagen fashion week in January and failed to attend the big brands (except from Holzweiler if Im not mistaken), why?
Scandinavian brands can smell from the distance “fakes” and there is nothing in Tamara that represents their brands core.

Last edited:
I think they all backed off because they are bit afraid of backlash if people, because lets be honest, there are two groups of followers today- the one that would love to see that- like you and other that would destroy her if she would do something like that and portrait her as being insensitive.

Perfectly said.
Tamara can’t style a look because 90% of her looks are a conjunction of “trends/it products” all put together with no sense of style whatsoever.
When people say Tamara knows a lot about fashion, I gush. Really...She runs from show to show without even sharing a true insight of what she saw
(“Omg, loved the show, I’m a big supporter of the brand, always love them”, bla bla bla). Obviously the fact that her background doesn’t come from fashion, doesn’t help. But she could improve and learn, however she doesn’t want to.
Also, very important is that I find her a copycat. Leonie is her role model (and I don’t like the girl, her constant childish giggle bothers me, but as you said, she knows how to style and look and she is a trendsetting, that is why the big brands love her), she copies Viktoria Rader, Caro,Aimee Song and even ITF (to be fair they both copy each other).
She only does not know a thing about fashion, but also, she does not know how to “play with it” and being creative. A recent example: she lays on her BV shoes on the floor, takes a picture and adds to her IG account. Very creative indeed... the epitome of laziness.
tamara is now slowly embarking on the scandi style, but is falling miserably, because she simply doesn’t own the “je ne sais quoi” that most scandi girls have. She went to Copenhagen fashion week in January and failed to attend the big brands (except from Holzweiler if Im not mistaken), why?
Scandinavian brands can smell from the distance “fakes” and there is nothing in Tamara that represents their brands core.
I think you are wrong about her instastories aNd insight- as I follow some of them- she was the only one through last 2seasons at all that wasn’t posting just images of herself but actually giving us some insight, storie and what is behind this season show inspiration. And she did that for all the shows she attended. All others just posted images of the show and themself and people they met. Even though I really love Xenia f.e. She never did that- she was just posting bunch of same outfits from different angle- same goes for others.

Last edited:
I think they all backed off because they are bit afraid of backlash if people, because lets be honest, there are two groups of followers today- the one that would love to see that- like you and other that would destroy her if she would do something like that and portrait her as being insensitive.

I think you are wrong about her instastories aNd insight- as I follow some of them- she was the only one through last 2seasons at all that wasn’t posting just images of herself but actually giving us some insight, storie and what is behind this season show inspiration. And she did that for all the shows she attended. All others just posted images of the show and themself and people they met. Even though I really love Xenia f.e. She never did that- she was just posting bunch of same outfits from different angle- same goes for others.
the insight she shares, is basically what is written on a document that brands provide to the attendees: story behind, colors pallet, inspiration, etc ...(Dior, Jacquemus, Erdem, Balmain, e many others do it). It is nothing but a copy paste.
My point is: what is her knowledge of fashion? Same question that could be made to 80% of influencers though.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.