Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

confusedlady

i think the intuitive eating movement became quite popular last year(?) and it is actually a very easy movement to monetise. you don't have to believe in any of it and literally spin any moment in your life to say 'oh this is what i needed please unlearn bad behaviours!'

i think this is becoming really obvious in her content. before she would post more gym focused things and lean less into the morality of exercise and food but since she's gained weight and lost some engagement (i assume) the obvious answer is body positivity/intuitive eating. it's so frustrating because this is so common with this brand of influencers and they don't post anything of actual help, saying that food is not 'good' or 'bad' is the most basic introduction to people and it does not help anyone deconstruct anything about the diet industry, it's a cheap cash grab that aims at a vulnerable market (people that are unhappy with themselves and fat people), and there's no uplifting of any fat voices, any intuitive eating or joyful exercise accounts or any male voices in the space (except her podcast of course, which is still on the surface and serves HER specifically).

this always makes me so incredibly angry because it always comes after people gain weight, when they were smaller they would not really engage in this content because it wouldn't be the most profitable. what it shows is once it affects you, you have to care about it. she has not had empathy for people unhappy about themselves until that became her.

people do not hear to leave some carrots if they're not hungry!! they need inclusive gymwear, accessible exercising, easy balanced meals, an understanding of food, extremely basic cooking tutorials, different gym sessions based on time/access, how to know if exercise is joyful or not! tally saying how she didn't finish some food or she sat on the sofa because she was tired is so insulting and not helpful at all, but to people not in the space they'll think she's inspiring and helpful when she's tainting the movement from what it's meant to be. people do not have the luxury to go to bed when they feel tired, people do not have the money to always leave food - how do we manage this?

apologies for the rant, i hate rich influencers who solely profit off a movement that is not intended to serve them while giving no real advice or action to help the people it's meant to serve.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Jesus Christ, they literally act like Surrey is in Timbuktu. Tally saying she wasn’t sure how a reformer Pilates class would be “outside of London”. Literally give me strength lord

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30

Farmer Sam

VIP Member
I hate this post. Whilst I don’t in any way endorse or suggest someone should encourage disordered training or eating in a bid to be super lean (Altho let’s face it, most of these influencers made their initial money from just that) it is not necessary to eat anything you fancy, gain fat around your middle (which as a female isn’t the best plan especially longer term) and class wedding dress shopping as intuitive movement. There IS middle ground!!! I used to train a LOT. I qualified as a PT, was very strong and lean and actually loved being that way. Was it sustainable as I got older and my life plans changed to be quite that lean and quite that fit!!? No. But I still exercise, I hike, I eat a balanced diet, I invest in my health as I don’t want diabetes, female related health issues now I’m over 40, etc etc. Tally as she is now is just as disordered IMO.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 26

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
This is not a good look on her. The hair is too short for her face size now and that dress is the wrong length and her tummy hangs. And those shoes need the 🗑 😱🤷‍♀️
Yep, you nailed it.

I think the unfortunate thing about Tally is that (imho) you can really tell that she’s not meant to be that size. I think you can really tell that she over eats. And I think that’s partly why she always looks worse than her curvy living friend, who is honouring her natural figure and dressing it well. And looking a million times better for it. Tally just has flab.

And now I'm going to hell. Hopefully see some other Tattlers there 🙏🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 24

littlewonder

Chatty Member
You just cannot get that endorphin flow if you just do nothing or do a snail’s “workout”.
this!!! I cannot physically work out or exercise any more and I’ve not experienced that endorphin rush since then. At all. Not even close. it’s been years and honestly it really gets to me because I have no outlet when I’m stressed, I just sit and stew over stuff. I can’t do anything really - a walk in a wheelchair on the pavement is not the same as going for a brisk walk, seeing lovely views and getting your heart rate up on a weekend. I have no strength or stamina either so can’t weight lift, dance, or do any kind of intuitive movement that I loved - but it’s one of the rare cases where exercise isn’t the answer and doesn’t help even though I’d do anything to feel the way I felt after a workout. it made me feel amazing and there is nothing that replaces it.

intuitive movement for me if I could exercise again would be: not forcing myself to go on a run in the pissing rain; not running at all tbh because I hated it; not forcing myself to the 5am class because it was the one that burnt the most calories; incorporating exercise into my daily life like bike rides or country walks; doing classes I’m not good at but enjoy like yoga or dance or boxing; and little things like taking the stairs and not driving to the shop and walking home from work if I miss the bus.

sorry for the woe is me but I’m currently having a bad mental health day and I wish I could take it out on some heavy deadlifts with my angry playlist and a big stomp in the woods to hear birds not traffic 🥲 I don’t mind being in a wheelchair at all - but it’s only being able to walk 20m at the pace of an 85 year old that is depressing

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

hadtosayit88

Chatty Member
This has pissed me off. Okay Tally, we get it, you eat what you want and rest when you need to. But all this pic says to me is that it’s a Monday and you are privileged enough to be sat on your arse doing sod all while most of us are working despite period pain or working from home whilst feeling under the weather.
8CA54B3F-93E6-4248-9D58-7EA4E1296BB1.jpeg

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

hmsizzle

Tally: gets engaged and tries to build a brand over not dieting for your wedding
Also Tally: immediately starts spending all her time with orthorexic over exerciser Zanny long legs and doing crazy hikes when ‘on holiday’.
Something ain’t adding up for me.

Reactions: 22

DariaJames88

Was anyone else surprised by the engagement party and subsequent content? The amount she went on about it and time that went into planning it and it was drinks in a pub garden, a sign and a pile of donuts?

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Chattyman321

I hate this whole generalising of Surrey thing. I live there and it’s not all amazing wonderful countryside. It’s also not like you drive for 30 mins down the a3 and you’re transported to some quaint rural countryside. Sorry just grinds my gears
I also live in Surrey and totally agree, they make out they step out their front door and they’re in a scene from The Holiday

• Haha
Reactions: 21

peekachu

Chatty Member
I hardly ever comment but I feel I have to regarding them going to the Grand National. It’s so unethical and cruel - can’t get my head around why she’d flaunt it and show off about it? I don’t know why I’m shocked that she’s going
It’s just something she can play dress up for. She eats meat too doesn’t she? I don’t think animal welfare is at the top of her priorities sadly 😔
---
FED0043A-EB74-4A0D-9BD8-4F377EE84132.jpeg

Aww mum and son day out, so cute 🥰

• Haha

Whatsgoingon898

Ahhhh I love when I find a thread already set up!!!
how does this one make money and have a largish following? She’s very unrelatable, anyone see last week when she was moaning about the noise of her professional cleaning and the fact she wouldn’t have a sofa to sit on as it needed to dry???I thought she was being sarcastic but I’m assuming she wasn’t, try being on the breadline Tally,homeless or like most of us struggling with cost of living crisis and you’re complaining about your professional cleaner and drying sofa in your new massive house….. give me strength!

• Wow
  • Angry

drewydrop

Chatty Member
Fuck me, surely this is a bit of a reach? leaving 3 small carrots on your plate is now classed as intuitive eating and she’s proud of herself for not eating them.

62E7D3AE-FA47-46D4-9114-06D25B299CD0.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Kipanchew

I cannot deal with the "countryside" comments anymore!
They've moved to the heart of suburbia: a commuter town in Surrey. You can hear the loud road noise in her nature stories today.

Nothing wrong with walking a common path: London in your 20s, moving out to a commuter town in your 30s for more space, better state schools (if planning to have kids), closer to family, etc. But acting as if they invented the idea is irksome.

Ya Basic.

Reactions: 20

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
I’m so conflicted by her (again). I personally don’t think she can pull off no makeup. But then I have to ask myself where that thought comes from. Men don’t wear makeup and nobody tells them they can’t pull off that look. So why do I have this baked-in idea that Tally shouldn’t be confident enough to go makeup free, just because she’s not perfect? It’s tricky. Sorry, just rambling!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

pennypinchpam

VIP Member
I really sympathise those in careers affected right now, being self employed is so tough.

I was so mad at the brunch out still. Make crying reels about financial worry...goes to soho for brunch.

We have had some real worries recently as my husband is self employed and literally we cancelled every plan. Instead of brunch I went for a long walk with a friend instead!!
It’s unbelievably trite to post brunch pics after all that crying about the “financial stresses of running a business”. How does anyone take this woman seriously?!
I guess she’s intuitive spending. Intuitive crying. Intuitive working.

• Haha
Reactions: 18