Sophie and Dave #37 That's not my brother, that's a ducking dog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yay!!!!!!!!! Congratulations lovely!!!!! What a gorgeous ring!!!! Are you SURE we can't tempt you into changing it for a #AD one from Beaverbrooks or a gorgeous Rubber Ring like Daves?
Funnily enough its from Beaverbrooks 😅 but oh dear my fiance actually worked and saved his bonus to buy it instead of begging for a free one, was a silly man, we missed a trick 😂

Reactions: 13
Sorry this isn't S&D related, but I shared with you all when baby Thomas arrived and now another exciting thing has happened in the disneylife household.
Mr disneylife proposed!
Yaaaay!!! Congratulations. Very very happy for you and your little family ❤

Reactions: 2
Funnily enough its from Beaverbrooks 😅 but oh dear my fiance actually worked and saved his bonus to buy it instead of begging for a free one, was a silly man, we missed a trick 😂
You mean a man who actually works and supports his family?! Nah, dump him and swap him for a 30 stone ginger bodybuilder who makes motivational Insta reels in his rented garage!

<3 Just kidding! You and your little family deserve all the happiness in the world!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry this isn't S&D related, but I shared with you all when baby Thomas arrived and now another exciting thing has happened in the disneylife household.
Mr disneylife proposed!
YAY! So happy for you. I’m sure I saw on Brogan’s thread you thought this might be happening soon, brogtrotter will be gutted! 😂I love that we have a little community on here! 💕

Reactions: 5
Going through soafs stories from when they first moved into the house to see the difference in how much they've destroyed it.

The house has changed (for the worse) but some things havent and never will 😂😂

And also her admitting she isn't creative yet we've to believe she designed cards or whatever that tit was and we've to buy them 😂😂 she's definetely not creative with her scheming that's for sure

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Mr disneylife proposed!
Ah that is wonderful news I’m so delighted for you!

If your baby has slept in so possibly 12 -14 hours surely the first thing is to get your baby up, change them and breakfast, milk vis a bottle or a cup, why is opening the blinds a priority? The badly behaved dog that is running around Barneys bedroom and with a manky ball and she’s laughing. Probably gave the ball to Barney to lick while she makes his pancakes really wouldn’t surprise me. She has never addressed if Barney is allergic to chip and that says it all. Her family are enablers to the neglect of Barney, no rug in his Walker and no telly if that was my house. They’d have to be like her as she’s learnt that behaviour from home, where else?

Not a patch on Nana Frans

Reactions: 8
The whole Yaz and Ash thing has REALLY brought to light just how dire the Soaf and Dave situation is hasn't it.

(For anyone who hasn't been following - https://tattle.life/threads/yaz-and...ulling-the-sick-not-sick-to-get-to-dlp.21161/)

Charlotte Ruff, youtuber and who also works for Disney in the social media/influencer department, was once friends with Soaf and Dave. However, since Soaf and Dave broke covid rules to move house (and Charlotte made a little dig on insta which may or may not have been aimed at them) they don't appear to be friends anymore, neither in person or online.

She raised an excellent point re Yaz and Ash that;
'An influencers follower count and all the metrics that come with it (views, likes etc) are a commodity. It’s a commodity influencers use to monitise their platforms. You can usually tell the influencers that treat their audience as a commodity rather than a community. There’s the lying or not being totally honest, lies by omission, guilting your audience etc Having a platform is a privilege and taking accountability when you’ve done something that your audience is telling you they think is wrong is also a really good indicator on whether somebody aligns with your beliefs. If an influencer then chooses to delete constructive comments, well that tells you all you need to know.'

Well, doesn't that apply to Soaf and Dave too.

They have treated viewers as nothing more than a commodity. An object for them to pick up and put down when they want and when it suits them. They promise things to these loyal viewers but never keep those promises. They promise to upload 3 times a week but don't do that and don't even give their loyal viewers the respect of a 'insta post' or 'YouTube post' to make them aware. They promise good content, interesting content but again, don't deliver.

Oh but when Soaf and Dave need money, need to sell an AD or need to sell a product, that's when suddenly they 'LOVE THE FLAMILY SO MUCH'. This is when they will reply to comments, maybe.

When Soaf and Dave are held to account over anything, the get defensive, block and delete. They even do this to people that have bought their shoddy merch and paid towards their holidays/lifestyle. I've followed them for 3 years, I've seen a wide variety of comments left across their platforms and truthfully, I've never ever seen someone leave a hateful or abusive message to them. I've seen frustrated messages but that has ALWAYS been in retaliation to Soaf and Daves ignorance, blocking and failure to do things they have promised.

They haven't made any comment in relation to the Yaz and Ash situation. Every single DECENT UK Vlogger has. The Despicable 3, Mr David and Mr Ian, Charlotte Ruff, the list goes on etc. They have all held their integrity and stood in outrage at it and yet. Soaf and Dave did an Ad for a meal kit that they never use (last week they were flogging Gousto) and talked about brownies.

Tonight, I hope and pray that people ask in their comments about Yaz and Ash. Where they stand will say everything we need to know about them but I have a feeling, we already know where they stand...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The whole Yaz and Ash thing has REALLY brought to light just how dire the Soaf and Dave situation is hasn't it.

(For anyone who hasn't been following - https://tattle.life/threads/yaz-and...ulling-the-sick-not-sick-to-get-to-dlp.21161/)

Charlotte Ruff, youtuber and who also works for Disney in the social media/influencer department, was once friends with Soaf and Dave. However, since Soaf and Dave broke covid rules to move house (and Charlotte made a little dig on insta which may or may not have been aimed at them) they don't appear to be friends anymore, neither in person or online.

She raised an excellent point re Yaz and Ash that;
'An influencers follower count and all the metrics that come with it (views, likes etc) are a commodity. It’s a commodity influencers use to monitise their platforms. You can usually tell the influencers that treat their audience as a commodity rather than a community. There’s the lying or not being totally honest, lies by omission, guilting your audience etc Having a platform is a privilege and taking accountability when you’ve done something that your audience is telling you they think is wrong is also a really good indicator on whether somebody aligns with your beliefs. If an influencer then chooses to delete constructive comments, well that tells you all you need to know.'

Well, doesn't that apply to Soaf and Dave too.

They have treated viewers as nothing more than a commodity. An object for them to pick up and put down when they want and when it suits them. They promise things to these loyal viewers but never keep those promises. They promise to upload 3 times a week but don't do that and don't even give their loyal viewers the respect of a 'insta post' or 'YouTube post' to make them aware. They promise good content, interesting content but again, don't deliver.

Oh but when Soaf and Dave need money, need to sell an AD or need to sell a product, that's when suddenly they 'LOVE THE FLAMILY SO MUCH'. This is when they will reply to comments, maybe.

When Soaf and Dave are held to account over anything, the get defensive, block and delete. They even do this to people that have bought their shoddy merch and paid towards their holidays/lifestyle. I've followed them for 3 years, I've seen a wide variety of comments left across their platforms and truthfully, I've never ever seen someone leave a hateful or abusive message to them. I've seen frustrated messages but that has ALWAYS been in retaliation to Soaf and Daves ignorance, blocking and failure to do things they have promised.

They haven't made any comment in relation to the Yaz and Ash situation. Every single DECENT UK Vlogger has. The Despicable 3, Mr David and Mr Ian, Charlotte Ruff, the list goes on etc. They have all held their integrity and stood in outrage at it and yet. Soaf and Dave did an Ad for a meal kit that they never use (last week they were flogging Gousto) and talked about brownies.

Tonight, I hope and pray that people ask in their comments about Yaz and Ash. Where they stand will say everything we need to know about them but I have a feeling, we already know where they stand...
Brave of you to assume there will be a video tonight and the browns won’t do their usual and hide away until it’s gone

• Haha
Huge congrats @Disneylifeonly beautifull ring. I just had to re watch that S&D engagement Beaverbrook ad vlog again. I cant believe that Dave chose the original ring with him mum and Soph just casts it aside, what a slap in the face to not only Dave but his Mum as well. If dave had proposed with a ring and he had said oh just for proposal I want you to choose what you want and they go a few days later to pick one then yeah fair enough but she wore that ring for 6yrs!! Just awfull, I couldn't even...😳 Also Daves face at times when they are talking about the engagement ring he may be smiling but his eyes look sad😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Huge congrats @Disneylifeonly beautifull ring. I just had to re watch that S&D engagement Beaverbrook ad vlog again. I cant believe that Dave chose the original ring with him mum and Soph just casts it aside, what a slap in the face to not only Dave but his Mum as well. If dave had proposed with a ring and he had said oh just for proposal I want you to choose what you want and they go a few days later to pick one then yeah fair enough but she wore that ring for 6yrs!! Just awfull, I couldn't even...😳 Also Daves face at times when they are talking about the engagement ring he may be smiling but his eyes look sad😔
He will never meet Soafs Cheshire Ratbag's expectations sadly.

And neither will any children he produces with her.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Is it just me or is he sleeping in a really weird position? Like his legs are bent/in the air
I used to have that pushchair and it’s such a pain. It’s got like a little ledge behind the knees meaning that even when it’s tilted flat their legs will always be raised. It’s also got the highest lap bar in the world as you can see and my tall baby could barely see out even when sitting up. We changed it for a Joie one recently which our baby prefers. But I guess S&D haven’t been gifted another pram so will never change theirs…

Reactions: 9
The more I think about the rug stuffed into the Walker the more and more sad I get. I couldn’t imagine doing that to my son when he was that age. I actually think that is kinda some sort of abuse? (I don’t know if that’s the right word, maybe a bit extreme but I can’t think what else to say) it’s so selfish beyond belief, anything I want to do for myself I wait until my son naps or if appropriate I’ll get him involved, ask him to help me and build his communication skills. My son is 20 months now, but he had so many words by the time he was 1, he was quite an early talker. Now I know all babies develop differently, but does Barney say anything other than dada? I’ve not heard him, just makes me sad I feel like they don’t talk to him or encourage him to develop, instead they just stick on a film and plonk it in front of him.

My other half and I were only talking this morning about screen time. My son doesn’t have a great deal of access to phones and iPads but I felt bad as lately he has been watching a lot of tv, I would sometimes pop it on just for background noise but have recently read that this is also not a good thing to do 🤔🥴🤦🏻‍♀️ everything I was reading about screen time just made my heart ache for Barney. It’s all he knows. So upsetting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
There is nothing I loved more than sharing my little dessert treats with my children when they were little.

Did I get less? Yes. Did I care? No.

Seeing them scoot over, in their walker or toddling/crawling over is literally the cutest thing ever!! Their little face scrunching up when cold ice cream hits or a sugary brownie hits their taste buds is precious. I would never bleeping trap them so they couldn't get to me, so I could be a lardy witch eating my 100000th dessert that week in peace. Whilst Mummy Ratbag attending to my every need. Probably wiping her arse an all.

Most parents should not feel guilty when it comes to screen time. We are all out there surviving at the end of the day. When either a parent or both works, it's tough. I've been a working mum and a stay at home mum and both are brutal.

Soaf and Dave, had the luxury of both being at home with no where to no and nothing to do!! Literally nothing all week. They do not need their 14 month old to have screen time to survive!!!! They're not juggling duck all!!!

But Barney is an extreme example in my opinion. He has screens every waking minute. When he's eating, when he's laying 'cuddling' his mum, when he's waiting in a car for 5 minutes, every minute of Barneys waking day is taken up with a screen. He watches films that are 2 hours long and watches maybe 2 or 3 films a day. On repeat.

And you're telling me they 'read books to settle him'. Erm nope, more screen time before bed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
But Barney is an extreme example in my opinion. He has screens every waking minute. When he's eating, when he's laying 'cuddling' his mum, when he's waiting in a car for 5 minutes, every minute of Barneys waking day is taken up with a screen. He watches films that are 2 hours long and watches maybe 2 or 3 films a day. On repeat.
This is probably the thing that angers me more than anything else. So much screen time and it's all he knows, i guarantee by the time he reaches 2 he will be wearing glasses, also it's going to be hell of a habit to break as he gets older, there will be times and places where he can't have a screen plonked in front of him and he will have a tantrum and get told off for doing so, it's not his fault, it is all down to f**king lazy parenting, SAD will do anything to make life easier for themselves but this is just so wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.