Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noseyparker68

Thank you :) it's juggling all her appointments with my own commitments. Plus trying to get her organised in the morning. Thanks for the love and tea, helping me lots, reading all your comments is making me smile and laugh. Resisting googling certain things!
I have cancer of the blood . I'm on chemo in tablet form 1500 mg s of the stuff .

I'm remaining optimistic but some days are hard . My immune system is shot to shit. But I remain hopeful I can go on that bit more longer . I don't want to go just yet..life's too beautiful and I'd miss everyone xxxc

• Heart
Reactions: 80

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
You know what Tattlers, we might be a bunch of bitchy gossip fiends but I think you are all bloody marvellous. I’m going through a really hard time at the minute and scrolling through these posts today has really made me chuckle and lifted my spirits. You’re better than Prozac! Sorry for being schmaltzy, I’ll get back to being a bitchy twat now. Much love ❤❤❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
One thing I will say about Lourdes, I like the way she’s kept a normal, healthy body weight and, despite media attention and the circles she moves in, she hasn’t gone down the path of thinking she has to be stick thin.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
It was mentioned in an earlier thread how Simon Cowell would pay a lot of extra money so that he could smoke in hotel rooms.
I can confirm this. He paid an extra 600 quid a night at the Radisson Hotel in Manchester so that he could smoke inside - that would be the fine for one of us (assuming we can afford a night at the Rad in the first place) if we lit up in the hotel room.

I'm not a fan, but I feel sad about this and I'm hoping the blind is fake. Also, although we love to gossip and speculate, talking about someone's potential life limiting illness seems a bit too intrusive. Everyone deals with illness in their own way. Jade Goody, Bernie Nolan and Lynda Bellingham all shared their cancer journey with the public. Louis Tomlinson's mother Jay, Victoria Wood and David Bowie chose not to.

I work in palliative care and there are patients who want family and friends around them at the end, and others who want to be left alone. One patient said to me 'I want people to remember me for who I was, not some poor sod dying in a hospital bed and I don't want anyone to see me'.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

childofthe70s

VIP Member
Reading all your comments on lung cancer - I care for my elderly mum, who was diagnosed with it almost six months ago. It's hard going as she's such a control freak. Something turned on a dodgy gene, and it's terminal. Brothers are like chocolate teapots for support. Sorry, making me very emotional.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54

Anyways888

Has anyone posted Brian Cox's opinions on his fellow actors? (For those that don't know he's a Scottish actor who plays the father in the American show Succession) This is what he said in his recent interview:

On Steven Seagal? 'As ludicrous in real life as he appears on screen. He radiates a studied serenity, as though he’s on a higher plane to the rest of us, and while he’s certainly on a different plane, no doubt about that, it’s probably not a higher one.'

David Bowie? 'A skinny kid, and not a particularly good actor. He made a better pop star, that much is for certain'

Michael Caine? 'I wouldn’t describe Michael as my favourite, but he’s Michael Caine. An institution. And being an institution will always beat having range'

Quentin Tarantino? 'I find his work meretricious. It’s all surface. Plot mechanics in place of depth. Style where there should be substance. I walked out of Pulp Fiction…That said, if the phone rang, I’d do it

Johnny Depp's acting? 'I mean, Edward Scissorhands. Let’s face it, if you come on with hands like that and pale, scarred-face make-up, you don’t have to do anything. And he didn’t. And subsequently, he’s done even less'

On the late Alan Rickman? 'One of the sweetest, kindest, nicest and most incredibly smart men I’ve ever met. Prior to acting he’d been a graphic designer and he brought the considered, laser-like precision of that profession to his work'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
The Brian Eno chat reminds me of this picture from David Bowie and Iman’s wedding, with…

Bono, Ono and Eno.

4A323AD7-0769-45D2-81BC-6BA40C61D312.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
Fucking hell people have some bizarre and mind-blowing perversions. It is exhausting.

When did lighting a candle and throwing on some Sade get so old hat....?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Nope. I have no desire to look at Lorraine's growler or Danielle's Pringle. Lorraine's growler is the stuff of legend.
Why does EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD on here have to refer to Lorraine’s growler? I think she’s infiltrated us and she’s getting paid per click on her bush.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
Re: Patsy Palmer. When you move to California you are obliged to chat a lot of drivel and follow a way of life.
Avocados for breakfast, Ashtanga Yoga in the morning, vegan smoothie at lunch, cupping, reiki and spiritual wank on Instagram in the afternoon, Peloton in the early evening. Bed by 9.30pm for a 5am rise to salute the sun.

(Every third Friday, two bags of Heroin, half a bottle of Vodka, two packs of cigarettes and some MDMA.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I do get the impression hes often depressed. I know depression horrible and can debilitate anyone but he strikes me as someone who'd use it to behave like a right moody prick.
A lot of people with debilitating depression act as if everything is fine. This when suicide for no apparent reason is such a shock. My son's friend was the life and soul of the party, he had a wide circle of friends, but not one of them knew the torment he was going through. Nor did I. I saw him the morning of the day he died, and he was his usual cheerful self, chatting about his job, the festivals he was planning to go to that summer, told me tell my son he'd see him at the weekend, remarked on what a beautiful day it was - absolutely no sign of any inner turmoil or distress. An hour later, he'd left the world, leaving a detailed note as to why dying was preferable to living.

My personal theory (and it is only mine) is that people who are miserable constantly, aren't actually clinically depressed, they are just unhappy and fed up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Is that because he’s had to shell out shitloads of money in spousal maintenance and child support? American laws regarding child support are harsh, I’ve been told, and the majority of his offspring were born in the USA.

That last bit would make a terrific song title 😂😂😂😂😂
Just to say the laws aren’t ‘harsh’ in America, they are merely stricter than the pathetic ones we have in the UK. In America not paying child support is a criminal offence, as it fucking should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

MrsBubz

Penises are, on the whole, ugly. The sole exception being Michael Fassbender's magnificent appendage in 'Shame'. The only good thing about that film. Alicia Vijkander is a LUCKY woman.
Hah ok given this is the celeb gossip thread…a friend of mine dated Fassbender years ago before he got famous. She said he did have a massive cock but didn’t know how to use it. Her nickname for him was “the jackhammer” 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Georgia1970

He’s always made my flesh crawl, he also resembles a wax work. So what if does a lot of good things? So did Jimmy Savile 😉

Also why all the IVF and surrogacy? Why can’t he just use his dick like other men?🤔
Because women don't do it for him...

Oh dear she’s at it again….
I hate these 'body confident' fat girls showing their wares to all and sundry stating how they love their 'curves' (blubber) offer any one of them a pill to turn them into a size 8 overnight and they'd snatch your bloody hand off.

• Angry
  • Haha