Secret Celeb Gossip #62

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thought of another song with questionable lyrics:

Featuring poetic lines such as: 'Cute, cute, little baby/Little pee pee, little toes.'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Something for the weekend I think its called. Theres something quite whimsical about DC songs but they are spot on in their observations
Yes, sorry - that is the correct title. I have got confused about it before as there is a line in it, “There’s something in the woodshed”, which sounds similar.

It’s lovely to read so many posts about The Divine Comedy and Neil Hannon. They were so brilliant and their songs were funny but really affecting too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I used to just love Russell Brand. I would have shagged him no question. Now, I would NEVER. Strange how things have changed so much with him. When he was funny, he was amazing. This serious guru business is no fun at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
But it's hard to get by when your arse is the size
Of a small country

One of the best lyrics ever written 😂😂😂
Was Lauren Goodger around when Neil Hannon wrote that? :sneaky:

I remember someone alluding to him being dodgy in some way but I can't remember what it was about.
I used to just love Russell Brand. I would have shagged him no question. Now, I would NEVER. Strange how things have changed so much with him. When he was funny, he was amazing. This serious guru business is no fun at all.
Very few celebrities I dislike but he really pisses me off - so insincere, ego the size of a solar system and he talks utter bullshit.

I hope Richard E Grant is okay, I adore him :( 😢

Funny that Simon Cowell/Max Clifford was mentioned a few pages ago, I'm reading "Gotta Get Theroux This" (Louis Theroux, of course) and I've got to the point where he's discussing both of them. He thought Simon was very personable and friendly (though he wondered if charm was just part of his act). Max vowed to enact revenge on Louis, I think, because he asked too many probing questions about Simon's "girlfriends".

I remember on a podcast or chat show or something, Louis said one of the stories Max planted about him (all about petty things that were put out in the media to irk Louis) was that he had really bad breath!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Talking of Divine Comedy puts me in mind of some other quirky songs from around then . Talk Talk It’s my life and Space Beautiful Neighbourhood
I saw Space live for £2 a couple of years after their big hits.

Other quirky bands Belle & Sebastian, Aberfeldy, and Kings Of Convenience.

• Heart
I loved that one. The one line I can always remember is "In 666 there lives a Mr Miller, he's a local vicar and a serial killer" 😂
I know ! Fab I like “they think we’re scum but we’ll be waiting when the bulldozers come “. It has a touch of the Royston Vaseys about it !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
RE: the Divine Comedy - they're touring the UK next March/April. Very tempted to go providing My Lovely Horse is played ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I know ! Fab I like “they think we’re scum but we’ll be waiting when the bulldozers come “. It has a touch of the Royston Vaseys about it !
"In 999 they make a living from crime. The house is always empty cos they're all doing time"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I remember when he presented the Big Brother companion show, Russell Brand seemed to be obsessed with his 'dinkle' as he called it!

64848798-132B-47E0-8F5C-C5450D2C4ED7.jpeg

Jessica Simpson celebrating four years sober shared this pic on her Instagram of her lowest point…scary how much of an effect alcohol and drugs have! Glad she’s on the mend though

• Wow
Harry Styles was a beautiful boy who has grown up to be a plain man. Funny how things work out. The childish and inept daubings on his body don’t help.
He’s definitely lost his charm. The way he mimics old glam rockers is a bit silly. Bowie, Jagger, Bolan etc did it with conviction. He just looks embarrassed. He needs to get those tattoos lasered as well, they’re daft.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She looks so different there doesn't she? I barely recognised her.

I gave up alcohol a few months ago. My face has not changed at all. What am I doing wrong? Surely I should be a supermodel by now? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
You know what Tattlers, we might be a bunch of bitchy gossip fiends but I think you are all bloody marvellous. I’m going through a really hard time at the minute and scrolling through these posts today has really made me chuckle and lifted my spirits. You’re better than Prozac! Sorry for being schmaltzy, I’ll get back to being a bitchy twit now. Much love ❤❤❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
Aw Carole! We are all highly amusing aren't we? We should all be head-hunted to work in print and in the media (some of us already do but they could give us better jobs...)
It's good that we can all get a free laugh reading this and be disgustingly bitchy too. It's like therapy.
Glad your spirits are lifted x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I hope Simon Cowell's lung cancer (if it is him that the blind is about) is the type that responds to treatment. He must have known his decades of heavy smoking would catch up with him eventually though. Facing cancer is devastating though, I hope the press have the decency to leave him alone while he undergoes treatment.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.