Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lmj21

Micheal Aspel was told he had NHL in 2003 but refused treatment

there's no discomfort or pain and is no real immediate threat it just lives inside you

Mike will be 89 in January
off topic but my brother was diagnosed with NHL last year and prior to treatment, he was in a lot of pain in his glands and back, extremely uncomfortable and admitted to hospital for exhaustion and severe dehydration because he had zero appetite, was rapidly losing weight & what he did eat / drink he couldn’t keep down. So I have to politely disagree.
Sometimes it just doesn’t live within you & depends on how severe it is. He has finished his chemo now, luckily his symptoms have near enough disappeared & he is just waiting for a PET scan to show that the chemo has worked. Much like all medical conditions it effects everyone differently but it is most certainly not something to be dismissed. Those others who have friends and family members with any type of cancer, my love & thoughts go out to you, it’s a shit sandwich all round.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Anyways888

I'm not excusing violence (assuming Yoland was shoved) but letting yourself into someone else's home with a security guard in tow so you can take their child is...well it wasn't going to end well.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I found the kids annoying too (runs and hides) like those kids coached by performance parents in Waitrose to ask for Quinoa for dinner
My most recent attempt at performance parenting was a failure.
I asked my kid if he wanted to go home and do some “craft”
He looked screwed up his face looking completely confused, and asked me if I meant “Craft, like Minecraft?”

• Haha

Asshats

What about ‘National Express’ by The Divine Comedy? It’s bloody great from start to finish. 🤣

Take the National Express when your life's in a mess
It'll make you smile
All human life is here
From the feeble old dear to the screaming child
From the student who knows that to have one of those
Would be suicide
To the family man
Manhandling the pram with paternal pride
And everybody sings, "Ba-ba-ba-da"
We're going where the air is free
On the National Express there's a jolly hostess
Selling crisps and tea
She'll provide you with drinks and theatrical winks
For a sky-high fee
Mini-skirts were in style when she danced down the aisle
Back in '63 (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
But it's hard to get by when your arse is the size
Of a small country
And everybody sings, "Ba-ba-ba-da"
We're going where the air is free
Tomorrow belongs to me
When you're sad and feeling blue
With nothing better to do
Don't just sit there feeling stressed
Take a trip on the National Express
On the National Express, let's go

• Heart
  • Haha

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
This feels awkward for me since I’ve not been under the knife and I have what someone called a ‘tidy labia’ 🤢. Just some women are made that way🤷‍♀️
Willies are much uglier than lady parts. Like a pair of rolled up socks that need washing.

Now back to celebrity gossip 😉

• Haha

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I can see Kirstie’s point that sex with a menstruating woman being seen as messy/dirty/etc is a old trope used against women but I don’t think this was the conversation to bring this up in.
Though I like how she’s doubling down on what she’s said and giving Adil tips on how to tweet 😂

View attachment 849560
And no conversation about periods and women would be complete without a tweet like this:
View attachment 849561
Are we gone a bit too PC? Isleep with a towel underneath me when i have my period, as it can stain the sheets and even go through and stain the mattress.

I would consider period sex to be messy - am i demeaning myself or just being realistic that sone bodily functions create more washing than others?!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Falkor

VIP Member
I never knew Jason Statham was in an Erasure video! 1994 and wearing nothing but shorts and metallic paint.

• Haha
  • Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Not minimising this but the Hadid family sound like a nightmare and I imagine Yolanda is the ultimate nightmare, interfering mother in law. I bet Zayn wishes he‘d stayed with Peri now!

• Angry
  • Heart

Curlygirl28

But it's hard to get by when your arse is the size
Of a small country

One of the best lyrics ever written 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

carefulnow

I have a couple of weeks' worth of Popbitch stories to share, but this one from today gave me a good laugh:

There was a nice little detail in a fan-led Q&A with Dave Gahan in the Guardian this week.

At some point, the idea had been floated that Depeche Mode would make an album with legendary musician/producer Brian Eno. Until Dave discovered that Eno had worked with Coldplay, that is. Now he absolutely refuses to let it happen. Ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

hehehe

VIP Member
Not particularly well known Celeb. He made every excuse under the sun to deny the charge. Strumming a small guitar indeed. Pervert.
If he had the foresight to commit this crime wearing a wig and a dress, they would have arrested the 12 year old girl instead. The law now allows men to expose themselves to women as long as they're wearing a wig and a dress while doing it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
I don’t get the attraction of Russell Brand, either back in the day or now, he’s always given me the heebie jeebies. He comes across as the kind of man who’d deliberately stand far too close, make intense eye contact, ask overly personal questions then pull you up for wanting him to back off in a “I’m only being friendly and trying to get to know you” way.

• Sick

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I was at the same party as him once. I went outside to the smoking area and he came out a bit after and asked me for a light!

I flicked my lighter for him and tried to will him to fall in love with me in the four seconds it took for him to light his cigarette.

He thanked me and our liaison ended. Maybe he wrote a song about it....

• Haha
  • Heart