Secret Celeb Gossip #62

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few years ago the rumour was that Zayn was a heroin addict. He must be a very high functioning one if he is because he doesn’t look like any smack head I’ve ever met.
I am a recovering heroin addict ( well tbh my addiction was more opiate pain pills such as oxycontin but i moved onto heroin for a while) and people used to say the same about me. I always looked after myself and made an effort with my appearance, i didnt have the financial worries that most people with addiction have, and i was able to keep it a secret from people. Opiate addiction is rife and a lot more common than people assume. There are 'professionals' who have opiate addictions, and i mean people in medical professions, top people in business etc. Personally i think when people can afford the drugs, dont engage in criminal activity to finance their addiction, they go unnoticed as they dont look like the stereotypical 'smackhead'. And that was the same for me too. I was naive and also thought of myself as a 'functioning' addict, but the truth is i wasnt at all. I may have looked like i was functioning but inside it was torture for my mental health.

It’s being able to afford the drugs which make the difference. A lot of the physical toll taken on addicts isn’t really from the drugs but the chaotic lifestyle of an addict in poverty.
Yes i totally agree, and i have just wrote a comment saying something similar as that was my personal experience with it :)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I am a recovering heroin addict ( well tbh my addiction was more opiate pain pills such as oxycontin but i moved onto heroin for a while) and people used to say the same about me. I always looked after myself and made an effort with my appearance, i didnt have the financial worries that most people with addiction have, and i was able to keep it a secret from people. Opiate addiction is rife and a lot more common than people assume. There are 'professionals' who have opiate addictions, and i mean people in medical professions, top people in business etc. Personally i think when people can afford the drugs, dont engage in criminal activity to finance their addiction, they go unnoticed as they dont look like the stereotypical 'smackhead'. And that was the same for me too. I was naive and also thought of myself as a 'functioning' addict, but the truth is i wasnt at all. I may have looked like i was functioning but inside it was torture for my mental health.

Yes i totally agree, and i have just wrote a comment saying something similar as that was my personal experience with it :)
I've been watching Dopesick which is about the opiate crisis in the US. Specifically Oxycontin and its absolutely devastating the impact this drug has had. Sorry for going slightly off topic there

Reactions: 7
We even got some sandwiches on an Anglia Railway ad! I did a couple of films and got full catering truck :ROFLMAO: It was really fun, but the form update is tedious and I'm not sure how much time I have anymore.
Oooo ya lucky SOD! Maybe it’s because I was working on pilots…less budget for free food…dammit! :-D

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've been watching Dopesick which is about the opiate crisis in the US. Specifically Oxycontin and its absolutely devastating the impact this drug has had. Sorry for going slightly off topic there
Its absolutely awful. On youtube there is a promotional advert from the 90's by Purdue Pharmaceuticals (the makers of the drug), and its absolutely shocking! Its trying to show all the positive reasons why oxy's are a wonder drug, and they even claimed that you cant get addicted to it. It had a group of patients on it and they were all clearly off their tits saying how brilliant it is and how its changed their lives for the better. Anyway, fast forward to now and i think all but one of the patients shown within that advert are all dead, having died from drug related deaths.
Oxycontin is literally heroin but in pill form.
I have no doubt that opiates have their uses, but for me i regret the day my doctor first prescribed me with opiates. In my case it was codeine, and then tramadol that i was prescribed legitimately. And then i was stupid enough to get involved in Oxy's and then heroin for a while. I feel very lucky that i am no longer on opiates and i have been able to put it behind me, i wouldnt wish opiate addiction on anyone. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
With regards to Travis Scott, would he always be able to see the crowd because of the lights? I know he saw one person collapse but in other videos it looks like he can’t see the crowd properly. Maybe I’m just hoping nobody would really be that callous to carry on when they know it’s that bad :(
I wish the Daily Mail hadn’t published the photo of the dead body on their main page and left it to the article with some warning.

Reactions: 11
I can see Kirstie’s point that sex with a menstruating woman being seen as messy/dirty/etc is a old trope used against women but I don’t think this was the conversation to bring this up in.
Though I like how she’s doubling down on what she’s said and giving Adil tips on how to tweet 😂

View attachment 849560
And no conversation about periods and women would be complete without a tweet like this:
View attachment 849561
Wtf is Em on?

Reactions: 3
With regards to Travis Scott, would he always be able to see the crowd because of the lights? I know he saw one person collapse but in other videos it looks like he can’t see the crowd properly. Maybe I’m just hoping nobody would really be that callous to carry on when they know it’s that bad :(
I wish the Daily Mail hadn’t published the photo of the dead body on their main page and left it to the article with some warning.
He has form for encouraging violence/stage rushing/barrier jumping at his concerts. Apparently there were people telling him to stop the show and alerting members of his crew as to what was happening but they were just ignored.

Speaking of callous, there are eyewitness accounts and videos (I believe) of attendees refusing to move out of the way for emergency vehicles and climbing on top of ambulances to dance on them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
He has form for encouraging violence/stage rushing/barrier jumping at his concerts. Apparently there were people telling him to stop the show and alerting members of his crew as to what was happening but they were just ignored.

Speaking of callous, there are eyewitness accounts and videos (I believe) of attendees refusing to move out of the way for emergency vehicles and climbing on top of ambulances to dance on them.
I saw the photo of people dancing on the ambulance, that’s horrific! What an utter disaster for the concert goers.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
And reports of somebody injecting people with drugs in the crowd
That seems to be an attempt at damage limitation by the event organisers in order to shift blame. The Houston police have said they're looking into it but it seems relatively unlikely.

It's possible but the main causes of this tragedy are clearly poor management and crowd control. Apparently, tickets were deliberately oversold as well leading to too many people attending.

• Angry
Reactions: 22
Jebus, #altamont #tragic in the extreme.
Somebody earlier also mentioned Heysel and Hillsborough. Similar. I was forced to watch the Bradford fire stadium disaster once as part of some HSE training thing. Still traumatised.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I read at the time that Laura was made redundant and I assumed Anna was too. There's massive cuts rumoured at RTÈ so I imagine it's a similar situation at Virgin Media or whatever its called!
So has the show been axed or are there new presenters?
Laura was made redundant but Anna left to work at the Communications Clinic. She also has an online clothing business. I wish they’d get rid of that Alan Hughes though - he’s an attention seeking tool

Reactions: 4
Laura was made redundant but Anna left to work at the Communications Clinic. She also has an online clothing business. I wish they’d get rid of that Alan Hughes though - he’s an attention seeking tool
My mam likes Alan on it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Re: Ireland AM - I wonder is Sinead Desmond's litigation ongoing? Imagine the tea she could spill...
Currently, Tommy Bowe and Muireann are so bad they're akin to a parody.
Simon Delaney is excellent, so they'll probably axe him next and replace him with either Stephanie Preisser or some retired GAA person at a loose end....

Reactions: 4
" Feud" with Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis and Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford is a brilliant if you've not seen it.
God that was an amazing series

Poor girl, that sounds terrifying. It’s worrying that she mentioned propranolol, it’s prescribed very commonly for anxiety, and until now I didn’t think there was as much risk of a dependancy.
There isn’t a risk of dependency on it. It’s actually for high blood pressure and I have taken it for anxiety. It didn’t seem like it did much of anything. However 3mg of Xanax is a LOT and that quickly can become an addiction problem. Stevie Nicks wrote about it in her book. She was addicted to it.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.