Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PeteM

VIP Member
Could be worse. She could have gone from the other Chris Evans to Laurence Fox like Billie Piper.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Vanillaco

VIP Member
After extensive investigation they found out what the problem was: she was in Surrey and he was in London shagging a runner.
So brave, heroic really
Yeah funny how infertile women are when their husbands dont have sex with them and they have to resort to IVF.

understanding what an incestuous fuck up it is. Holly snorting, Phil with his young runner, untouchable Ant, Paddy and Holly, dodgy Gino... the list goes on.

Yes I dont watch much ITV ITV daytime telly ( mainly because Holly and Phil are dreadful simpering fools) but it's so clear that the campaign of abuse against Ants ex wife is being done to protect them all and to discredit her if she decides to spill the beans. Its scary how a woman who is private and has her own job in showbiz can be taken apart like that on the back of some agents and PR people trying to protect their money tree.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I know it is not a popular opinion, but Is Laurence Fox having some sort of public breakdown, or a mid-life crisis?

Reactions: 37
No Jools Oliver has not committed any crimes. However, I maintain that it’s pretty sad to do nothing with your life and trade in your independence for being the wife of a celebrity and the mother of his children. And, yes, that does tend to make people rather dull because they have nothing to bring to the table, conversation wise, apart from wifehood and motherhood.
Plenty of women do it. If you have the means and it suits you, being at home and raising the kids is a valid life choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I LOVE this thread. I was feeling pretty low this morning ; have a lot of pain in pelvic, rectal areas and right breast, and burst into tears. Nurse came into my room as she heard me and sat with me and gave me a hug.
She then got me some jam packed bacon sandwiches and a large pot of tea, along with my painkillers.
I then went onto this thread while having my breakfast and somehow felt better.
I just love, love, love ALL the gossip here.
Keep up the great work you fantabulous Tattlers XxX
Oh I’m so sorry that you’re having such a rough time.
you sound such a delightful person, it’s rotten.
I was wondering how you were.
I know everyone on here is sending you love and good energy.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Jumperoo62

I think the posts were more along the lines off, a lot of women lose their identities in child rearing, staying at home etc.

there is a lot of fulfilment to be gained outside the home. If you hate your job, find one you do like? There’s also charity work, hobbies etc.

women have been fed the line that we don’t need anything other than a home and babies for a purpose. But in reality these things (while pleasant and wonderful) aren’t the only purpose available to us, and tend to be pretty dull.

I love my job, that alongside my hobbies and interests makes me a well rounded person as opposed to the person I might’ve been if I’d settled down young and just made my husband and kids the centre of my universe. I find women who only talk about their babies and house incrediably dull, just my opinion.

I understood the point to be that had these women chosen a different path, they might not feel the need to stay inside a marriage wherein they are, allegedly, so disrespected
I am a Mum who stays at home with my three children. I had an incredibly exciting career before they were born but it wouldn’t really be possible to do that job and rear my children in a way that was acceptable to me. There was too much travel, early mornings and late evenings. Despite staying at home I can talk about more than just children. Your job and kids don’t define you. I do intend to go back to work eventually but I am having a great time trying different hobbies and paths to see what fits around my life at the moment. I am incredibly lucky that I don’t need to abandon them to childcare, which would have been the case in MY previous career. All power to people who can manage both, work part time or put their work down at 5pm and come back to it the next morning.

It really annoys me when people sneer at parents who don’t work. I find job talk totally boring. Unless you have saved lives, invented some ground breaking tech or medical break through then you can leave your dull ‘what do you do?’ talk at my door.

To avoid this being a totally Mumsnet post...

A few years back I passed a nice old man in a corridor. When he smiled and said a very polite and charismatic hello I realised he was actually Robert De Niro, who was shooting a film on a nearby stage. He really looks much older than I expected. It’s amazing how he transforms on camera. Anyone have any tea on him? What’s the CDAN stuff?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

TeaLover49

I was in tears when my daughter told me GM had died. And I was no fan of his at all.
His passing reminded me of my secondary school days when my best friend was a fan of Wham and I was a fan of A-ha. We used to argue who had the better voice, who was good looking and things like that.
So when he died, I was dumbfounded. Thought daughter misheard. Then I cried. What a talent he was, a generous soul with a huge heart.
Admittedly, my late husband bought me his Listen Without Prejudice album because I loved Praying For Time. Such a great album. Plus his video for Round Here was filmed where I used to live.
I found it heartbreaking that he died alone on Christmas Day.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

eyeballs

VIP Member
Not that I condone dating married men, but on a slight tangent, I wonder what Lily thinks about her dad's estranged wife Orainne? Last I heard she and Phil Collins were reunited.

Orianne appears to have told him she was going "away on business" and got married to another man! Apparently she's changed all the security codes on his Miami property and is being "unruly with staff" and threatening to release "potentially embarrassing revelations" about Mr Collins.
'Learned the Mike Tyson shot': Phil Collins's estranged wife Orianne posts videos of her boxing lessons at £25m waterside Miami mansion he is trying to evict her from

I'm no fan of Phil's music, but I've always liked him in interviews - and he did do a few records with Adam Ant and Frida (from ABBA). Showing my age! :D

Orianne has HIDEOUS plastic surgery for a 46 year-old. Though she has had back surgery (I feel bad for anyone who has mobility or posture problems following an injury, as a family member has suffered similarly), but she seems to be ugly inside and out.
You are mixing her with Lily Collins. It’s like the Aidens all over again!

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
I think we are supposing that there is a correlation between ‘women who stay at home’ and ‘women who are boring to talk to’ however I think it is a mistake to suppose that home life is the causation of their dullness. I know women who work who are incredibly dull and self involved who would absolutely put status, their own , or indeed some other reason above a respectful relationship. I know people who work and who don’t work who think their hobbies and interests are endlessly fascinating (sometimes yes, sometimes no). And I know ‘stay at home mums’ who are definitely fascinating and brilliant fun and in their relationships on an equal footing.

I am a stay at home mum, as it happens, but I almost never talk about my children with some friends. We have too much other stuff to talk about. Yet with other friends our sole topic is our children.

Why must we always seek to pigeon hole and criticise others for making decisions that we wouldn’t make, in the same situation? Fair enough to disagree, but to say it makes that woman desperate, or dull, or pathetic, or worthless... just seems a bit much.
This is the Celeb Gossip thread....

• Heart
  • Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I'm a bit baffled by the "poor John Leslie" commenters on DM today, to be honest.
A lot of men (and also women, but mostly men) prefer to believe that the majority of women who report rapes or sexual assaults are lying. “Crying rape” is such a common phrase, isn’t it? 🤢 It’s endemic. She was drunk, she’s a slag, she just wants to get money from selling her story... the same phrases get rolled out every time. Even when the Savile stuff started coming out, my own dad said “Ah, they just want money”. From WHO? He’s dead!

It’s pure misogyny. There are a lot of fragile men out there who get the rage when toxic masculinity in all its forms is pointed out. They won’t accept that men, as a class, are a danger to women, as a class.

(Please no one come at me with “not all men are like that”. I know. I’ve been very deliberate with my words).

• Heart
  • Angry

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
His partner died of a HIV related illness in the 90’s and I don’t think George ever recovered from his death.
Loved him and his music, there was no other voice like his. Last time I saw him was on the Symphonica tour ....incredible. Still makes me sad that he died alone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

NikkiDeeW

Chatty Member
John Leslie opened a local car dealership many moons ago. He behaved like a total arse, came in waving his arms around saying “where can I park my Porsche?” When signposted to the car park he had an attack of the vapours and claimed he couldnt park it in there because its a PORSCHE.. to which a nice gentleman said it would be fine but if he was still concerned he could park next to his Ferrari!!😂😂 Game, set and match!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

NinaStar90

VIP Member
I have some small tea on John Leslie. I used to work alongside some girls who worked in our companies advertising department. They were loud, fun and no shrinking violets but they came back from a work event where John Leslie was hired as the compare and they said he was really, really sleazy in the bar afterwards. Turn your stomach sleazy. I rememher being really surprised as he was a wholesome Blue Peter presenter as far as I knew. This would have been around 1988/89. So not surprised at all the stuff that has come out since.
He r*ped a friend of mine a few years back. No, she won't go to the police.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

Doobots

Chatty Member
The women who have stood up to being abused by men in the film industry. It was all about empowerment and she has just set them back with her behaviour.
I don't see what the correlation is between a consenting relationship between two adults (even if one of those adults is married) and rape and sexual assault?

• Heart
Reactions: 30