Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I kind of hope you’re right, she’s gorgeous! As a bi woman I only have half a gaydar 😉 so I have no idea myself!
Going by averages of women footballers I’d say there’s a very strong chance.

Have you seen the latest from Phil “so brave” Schofield?
He's trying to drum up sympathy for fertility issues with his wife? From his tissue of lies, I mean heartfelt autobiography.
After extensive investigation they found out what the problem was: she was in Surrey and he was in London shagging a runner.
So brave, heroic really.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Just leaving this gif here for you all to enjoy...

By the way, let’s go big: any tea on De Niro or Pacino? I adore them both.

Not sure if anyone has been watching the Savoy documentary on ITV but I’m certain the VIP Hollywood legend guest who requested £2000 navy satin sheets was Pacino, sussing it out from the clues given.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
There was something very sinister relating to De Niro recently on CADAN. Who knows if these things are true?

Not sure if anyone has been watching the Savoy documentary on ITV but I’m certain the VIP Hollywood legend guest who requested £2000 navy satin sheets was Pacino, sussing it out from the clues given.

Jimmy Savile was a good mate of his.
yes, but Diana saw through him.
The Royal,Family actually used him the a vile creature as a marriage guidance councillor!
you couldn’t make this tit up.

Does anyone remember er when Jamie Oliver was actually good looking?
The bloom went off that rose pretty quick.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
After extensive investigation they found out what the problem was: she was in Surrey and he was in London shagging a runner.
So brave, heroic really
Yeah funny how infertile women are when their husbands dont have sex with them and they have to resort to IVF.

understanding what an incestuous duck up it is. Holly snorting, Phil with his young runner, untouchable Ant, Paddy and Holly, dodgy Gino... the list goes on.

Yes I dont watch much ITV ITV daytime telly ( mainly because Holly and Phil are dreadful simpering fools) but it's so clear that the campaign of abuse against Ants ex wife is being done to protect them all and to discredit her if she decides to spill the beans. Its scary how a woman who is private and has her own job in showbiz can be taken apart like that on the back of some agents and PR people trying to protect their money tree.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
You're free to state your opinion. But you shamed so many other women in the process. And i disagree women have been fed the line we don't need more than a home and a baby, maybe in the 1950's yes, but growing up in the 21st century its very much expected women work. The post just sounded bitter and judgemental and completely tone deaf.

I find women who are obsessed with their careers and love putting other women down the most boring women on the planet! But hey thats just me, i find joy in the aspects of life outside of work just as much as I do within work and don't feel the need to shout to the rooftops about how 'interesting' I am because of it.

And who are you to say that Jools and Tara don't have hobbies? You've just contradicted yourself a bit there. I don't appreciate it when working women belittle and demean women who have chosen a different life path, we all have choices at the end of the day, why do you feel like you need to sneer, call women dull just to justify your own life choices. This comes from someone who knows the realities of work, I work 12 hour shifts in a call centre, I'd gladly swap lives with either of those women if it was offered to me and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

edit: my reply isn't directed at the original quote as this wasn't the person who claimed stay at home mums are dull as dishwater originally
plenty of women love their careers who don’t put other women down and vice versa, I didn’t shame anyone. I find women who talk about babies and their houses and nothing else, pretty boring. That’s just my opinion.

sorry but I’d never want to swap places with these women, I struggle to see why anyone would want to. Sure, you’d live in a nice big house with lots of free time. But your husband wouldn’t respect you. I’d rather have respect from others and respect for myself 100%.

I’ve worked hard at my career and I take a lot of satisfaction in doing my job well. I couldn’t give that up for a life of ease. I also never put down Jools, Tana etc. I just feel their apparent decision to stay with a cheating husband in exchange for a pampered lifestyle, a rather tragic one.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think the posts were more along the lines off, a lot of women lose their identities in child rearing, staying at home etc.

there is a lot of fulfilment to be gained outside the home. If you hate your job, find one you do like? There’s also charity work, hobbies etc.

women have been fed the line that we don’t need anything other than a home and babies for a purpose. But in reality these things (while pleasant and wonderful) aren’t the only purpose available to us, and tend to be pretty dull.

I love my job, that alongside my hobbies and interests makes me a well rounded person as opposed to the person I might’ve been if I’d settled down young and just made my husband and kids the centre of my universe. I find women who only talk about their babies and house incrediably dull, just my opinion.

I understood the point to be that had these women chosen a different path, they might not feel the need to stay inside a marriage wherein they are, allegedly, so disrespected
I am a Mum who stays at home with my three children. I had an incredibly exciting career before they were born but it wouldn’t really be possible to do that job and rear my children in a way that was acceptable to me. There was too much travel, early mornings and late evenings. Despite staying at home I can talk about more than just children. Your job and kids don’t define you. I do intend to go back to work eventually but I am having a great time trying different hobbies and paths to see what fits around my life at the moment. I am incredibly lucky that I don’t need to abandon them to childcare, which would have been the case in MY previous career. All power to people who can manage both, work part time or put their work down at 5pm and come back to it the next morning.

It really annoys me when people sneer at parents who don’t work. I find job talk totally boring. Unless you have saved lives, invented some ground breaking tech or medical break through then you can leave your dull ‘what do you do?’ talk at my door.

To avoid this being a totally Mumsnet post...

A few years back I passed a nice old man in a corridor. When he smiled and said a very polite and charismatic hello I realised he was actually Robert De Niro, who was shooting a film on a nearby stage. He really looks much older than I expected. It’s amazing how he transforms on camera. Anyone have any tea on him? What’s the CDAN stuff?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I am a Mum who stays at home with my three children. I had an incredibly exciting career before they were born but it wouldn’t really be possible to do that job and rear my children in a way that was acceptable to me. There was too much travel, early mornings and late evenings. Despite staying at home I can talk about more than just children. Your job and kids don’t define you. I do intend to go back to work eventually but I am having a great time trying different hobbies and paths to see what fits around my life at the moment. I am incredibly lucky that I don’t need to abandon them to childcare, which would have been the case in MY previous career. All power to people who can manage both, work part time or put their work down at 5pm and come back to it the next morning.

It really annoys me when people sneer at parents who don’t work. I find job talk totally boring. Unless you have saved lives, invented some ground breaking tech or medical break through then you can leave your dull ‘what do you do?’ talk at my door.

To avoid this being a totally Mumsnet post...

A few years back I passed a nice old man in a corridor. When he smiled and said a very polite and charismahello I realised he was actually Robert De Nir, who was shooting a film on a nearby stage. He really looks much older than I expected. It’s amazing how he transforms on camera. Anyone have any tea on him?
I don’t want to derail the post, but the overarching point was that I wouldn’t want to give up working in exchange for what Jools et al. apparently have - aka a cheating husband, echoing what other people have said on here.

the whole working mum v non working mum is an old debate, and everyone is entitled to their preference. I wasn’t sneering at mums who don’t work.

Honestly, I love hearing women talk about their work. Especially when it’s something they are passionate about. Women have been barred or held back in so many workplaces, so I love hearing women excel in careers that might previously have inaccessible to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
When this is all over I will go see him do a show!

Also does anyone else here have a suspicion that Alex Scott (Footballer, pundit, One show presenter & Strictly) is gay? I'm not thinking she's closeted but maybe just doesn't voice it so that it's in the public domain. I could be way off the mark but I've noticed a comment or two in the daily mail when there's a story about it and I was kind of thinking the same too.

My two best friends are gay and one of them is quite feminine and she actually kind of reminds me of Alex, it's a shame that we were surprised when she came out due to stereotyping as it shouldn't be that way!
I thought she was but don’t know if I was making a stereotyped assumption because of the sport. But she’s seeing a bloke so possibly not.

I thought she was but don’t know if I was making a stereotyped assumption because of the sport. But she’s seeing a bloke so possibly not.
I’d read she bought a house with Kelly smith, but then I thought Kelly smith had married someone else?

I came on here to read about DW and can’t believe all the disappointing stuff about Armie. I proper love him.... I’ll scuttle back to Jack Monroe board where I normally hide.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I have no problem with SAM’s at all - if you can afford to / choose to do that then amazing

what I have a problem with when it comes to woman like Colleen, Jools, Victoria and Tanya et al. Is that they are fully aware of their husbands indiscretions, their husbands lack of respect of them. And by staying, I just think - what an appalling message you are sending to your children about how it is to be in a relationship, to be silenced, to be hurt. As for “you’ve just cheated so now we will have a baby” jeez what a reason to bring a baby into the world 🙄

and yes their husbands are cheating scumbags but they are making the choice to stay with them. What happens when the kids grow up and leave the nest? What will they be left with then?

Reactions: 17
What happens when the kids grow up and leave the nest? What will they be left with then?

Nice big divorce settlements and some adult children. If you have a lot of them, one or two at least will probably stick around!

There will be many reasons why they don’t leave. Everyone knows someone in real life who is with and stays with a scumbag.

@Jumperoo62 i think I would actually faint if I met De Niro! That sounds sad but his movies have been such a huge part of my life and endless in jokes and references between me and my hubby for 20 years!

Reactions: 5
Nice big divorce settlements and some adult children. If you have a lot of them, one or two at least will probably stick around!

There will be many reasons why they don’t leave. Everyone knows someone in real life who is with and stays with a scumbag.
a nice big divorce settlement isn’t worth it. Better, IMO, to find a partner who loves and respects you. If money is important then carve a career - for yourself - that allows you to make some.

you really really cannot put a price tag on self respect.

I actually don’t know anyone married to a scumbag, maybe I’m lucky

a nice big divorce settlement isn’t worth it. Better, IMO, to find a partner who loves and respects you. If money is important then carve a career - for yourself - that allows you to make some.

you really really cannot put a price tag on self respect.

I actually don’t know anyone married to a scumbag, maybe I’m lucky
We don’t know them personally and we have no idea why they stay. I judge the blokes who mess about and cause hurt rather than their wives. There are plenty of very good reasons to choose not to split the family up, it’s not for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone know when the verdict is due on Johnny Depp's court case? Thought it would have been by now.

Reactions: 6
We don’t know them personally and we have no idea why they stay. I judge the blokes who mess about and cause hurt rather than their wives. There are plenty of very good reasons to choose not to split the family up, it’s not for everyone.
oh yeh, absolutely.

I don’t think I agree on there being plenty of good reasons for not splitting a family up though. If someone has cheated then for all intents and purposes the family is split up, it just isn’t being acknowledged. The only plausible reasons I can think of for someone to stay in a relationship like that would be financial, or a lack of self esteem, scared of being alone. None of which would be good reasons to stay in a relationship IMO.

I know a lot of women among my mother’s friends who have stayed in marriages for financial reasons. Some of them have actually cheated on their husbands. Seems like a waste of a life to me, but her friends all married pretty young and haven’t spent much of their adulthood outside of being married.

anyone who has been a child (🙋‍♀️) of parents who stayed in a relationship gone wrong knows how destructive that dynamic is. Equally though, I’ve seen people who are very happily married and that makes me feel it should be something people strive for, instead of settling for whatever reason.

Anyone know when the verdict is due on Johnny Depp's court case? Thought it would have been by now.
I thought someone mentioned earlier that it was due in November?
I see Sia has commented on Twitter in support of Depp (I think following a release of some tapes). That could be why things have stirred about about them

• Heart
Reactions: 6

The thing is, none of those women are there yet. They are in the middle of childrearing. Maybe they dont care about what happens when they are older as long as they think they are giving their children a stable home? Its a very old fashioned attitude, as two separated parents who treat each other with respect and put their children first is probably better than them seeing their mum being treated like a doormat. But you cant guarantee that will happen. As Dominic West said, as long as they are married, they know their husbands are coming home. If they divorced, the chances of them starting a shiny new family with someone else is far higher. Dominics face during that press conference and the fact he made her sign his note was the smuggest of smug. He knew he could do whatever he liked as long as he went home.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The thing is, none of those women are there yet. They are in the middle of childrearing. Maybe they dont care about what happens when they are older as long as they think they are giving their children a stable home? Its a very old fashioned attitude, as two separated parents who treat each other with respect and put their children first is probably better than them seeing their mum being treated like a doormat. But you cant guarantee that will happen. As Dominic West said, as long as they are married, they know their husbands are coming home. If they divorced, the chances of them starting a shiny new family with someone else is far higher. Dominics face during that press conference and the fact he made her sign his note was the smuggest of smug. He knew he could do whatever he liked as long as he went home.
part of me wonders if is just an old-school upper class thing? Maybe bed hopping is the norm?

Dominic is an Etonian, and his wife Catherine is Anglo-irish aristocracy. Her ex husband is married to the sister of Rose Hanbury I believe - who was allegedly having an affair with Prince William. If you look back a little further, Camilla, Andrew Parker Bowles, Charles, Princess Anne were all rumoured to be pretty flighty when it came to partners. ive heard someone say that Camilla was very tolerant of Charles sleeping around, hence why they ended up together. Annie was rumoured to have been sleeping with Andrew Parker Bowles, to give an idea of how incestuous it could be.

So yeh, I think it’s probably a pretty common theme among the bored and wealthy upper class who have accepted that kind of behaviour as the norm for centuries.

Dominics face during that press conference and the fact he made her sign his note was the smuggest of smug. He knew he could do whatever he liked as long as he went home.
The look on his face was nauseating

Reactions: 13
oh yeh, absolutely.

I don’t think I agree on there being plenty of good reasons for not splitting a family up though. If someone has cheated then for all intents and purposes the family is split up, it just isn’t being acknowledged. The only plausible reasons I can think of for someone to stay in a relationship like that would be financial, or a lack of self esteem, scared of being alone. None of which would be good reasons to stay in a relationship IMO.

I know a lot of women among my mother’s friends who have stayed in marriages for financial reasons. Some of them have actually cheated on their husbands. Seems like a waste of a life to me, but her friends all married pretty young and haven’t spent much of their adulthood outside of being married.

anyone who has been a child (🙋‍♀️) of parents who stayed in a relationship gone wrong knows how destructive that dynamic is. Equally though, I’ve seen people who are very happily married and that makes me feel it should be something people strive for, instead of settling for whatever reason.

I thought someone mentioned earlier that it was due in November?
I see Sia has commented on Twitter in support of Depp (I think following a release of some tapes). That could be why things have stirred about about them
But isnt the financial reason massive?
Im hearing of loads of young families, with kids who want to split up....but they dont have enough money to make a clean break!

If you have kids they need a home, security and enough money to get them through to adulthood. If you think of the price of buying a property or renting, most places need 2 incomes to even start to afford it. So maybe part of a mum wants to leave, but she has to think pragmatically, Can she afford to work part time or not at all to take care of the kids? Can she afford to rent or buy her own place seperately? (and even if the father pays his share...his income might not be enough to support her and the kids, and enable him to exist independently! - which creates a massive tension point for loads of families!)

I can see why some women chose to stay in odd relationships........cos on balance its better to stay than to go!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.