Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly!! She is supposed to be very plain and unremarkable, I dont see that with Lily James at all. Judging by the latest news shes more like Rebecca!!
Urgh I hate when film totally miscast characters.

Rebecca is my favourite book and I adore the Hothcock film with Joan Fontaine (although she was probably too pretty to be the second Mrs DeWinter).

The age gap between Hammer and James isn't large enough (I never thought I would say that about a film). Maxim is at least 20 years older than the second Mrs DeWinter.

Does anyone remember the TV version with I think Charles Dance and Emelia Fox?

The other terrible miscasting recently has been bloody Kenneth Brannaugh and Hercule Poirot. David Suchet is the perfect Poirot.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Rebecca is my favourite book and I adore the Hothcock film with Joan Fontaine (although she was probably too pretty to be the second Mrs DeWinter).

The age gap between Hammer and James isn't large enough (I never thought I would say that about a film). Maxim is at least 20 years older than the second Mrs DeWinter.

The other terrible miscasting recently has been bloody Kenneth Brannaugh and Hercule Poirot. David Suchet is the perfect Poirot.
Yea the age difference bothers me too, Hammer seems so young and and not distinguished like Maxim is. I'm looking forward to seeing Kristin Scott Thomas as Mrs Danvers though, shes a fantastic actress.

Reactions: 7
Speaking of Rebecca, George Sanders had such a wonderful voice, he led quite a life up until his suicide.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He’s smash
. He has now smashed up his Lamborghini, I wonder if that was to cover up an explosion he caused in Poland? He’s also gone for a close crop blond buzz cut. Which looks worse than it even sounds.
Domt so drugs kids.
And how the effing hell can he afford a Lamborghini? Mediocre at best and not that nice apparently.
It wasn't his Lambo, he was filming for Top Gear - it was a feature on the first supercars to be capable of going over 200mph and the three cars used were lent to the show by their owners. The Lambo's owner was understandably a bit gutted about the state it ended up in!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Speaking of Rebecca, George Sanders had such a wonderful voice, he led quite a life up until his suicide.
Love George Sanders, he even managed to be droll in his suicide note. I'm so fascinated by his relationship with Zsa Zsa Gabor, even with the cast of thousands that she married he seemed to be the love of her life. They stayed close friends and she encouraged him to marry her sister Magda so that neither of them would be lonely. Gabor logic, I guess. Resolve every problem by getting married 💁‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well probably because the 2nd mrs dewinter was meant to be a mousey quiet woman living in the shadow of Rebecca. Mr DeWinter is much older than her too, so it's been completely miscast, unlessvthey have totally reimagined the book into something not like the book at all!

Gordon is meant to be into men too so hes having gay affairs for each baby
My mum always told me that the implication of the book is that both wives were in fact called Rebecca.(I think because we never find put the name of the second Mrs de Winter) (I never got this when I read the book but its feasible) And yes, it doesn't work if Maxim de Winter is only 4 years older than his wife. Should be at least 20!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

Rebecca is also one of my favourite books.

There was an excellent version in 1979, which was very true to the book. It starred Joanna David (Mother to Emilia Fox), Anna Massey and Jeremy Brett who played Maxim de Winter. It was shown in 1979 and has never been shown since. However, you can watch it on YouTube, just type in BBC 1979 version. Anna Massey played Mrs Danvers to perfection.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

There was an excellent version in 1979, which was very true to the book. It starred Joanna David (Mother to Emilia Fox), Anna Massey and Jeremy Brett who played Maxim de Winter. It was shown in 1979 and has never been shown since. However, you can watch it on YouTube, just type in BBC 1979 version. Anna Massey played Mrs Danvers to perfection.
Oooh thanks I know what im doing this weekend!

Reactions: 2

Talking of Mrs Danvers, David Mitchell killed it as her in his show with Robert Webb 😂😂

• Haha
Covered it before On here, she’s a convicted pedophile.
Oh I see, wasn’t sure who you meant and my first thought was Martine McCutcheon 😳

Babies? That’s the rumour I’ve heard about Jamie and Jools Oliver - every time he strays, she gets another baby, allegedly. Although It would seem with how often DW seems to have strayed, they should be rivalling the Waltons or Von Trapp families by now.
I really hope this one isn’t true ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Oh I see, wasn’t sure who you meant and my first thought was Martine McCutcheon 😳

I really hope this one isn’t true ☹
Jools Olivers self esteem must be in the toilet. She has apparently had quite a few miscarriages since she had her last baby but shes desperate for another one. If thats not awful enough, Jamie goes around telling everyone shes desperate for another baby and he doesn't.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Jools Olivers self esteem must be in the toilet. She has apparently had quite a few miscarriages since she had her last baby but shes desperate for another one. If thats not awful enough, Jamie goes around telling everyone shes desperate for another baby and he doesn't.
The thing is if she's decided to trade in her self-esteem for the lifestyle, does she really deserve anyone's sympathy?

I know so many women who stay in these situations when they're not really happy but it's a sacrifice they're ok with making. And a lot of them don't have the lifestyle Jools has - I don't think she's ever worked has she? Kate Middleton is another as is Colleen Rooney. Everyone knows it. I'd rather have a job and eat toast for the rest of my life.

Reactions: 15
What has Jools Oliver ever done with her life apart from have children and, about ten years ago, pretend to design a range of baby clothes for Mothercare? I think that she also pretended to write a kids’ book once.

I suspect that she is scared to leave the breathy-mouthed idiot because her identity is so closely connected to his.

I remember reading an interview with her, years ago, when she had only just married Jamie Oliver. Maybe she was already reproducing by then. Anyway she said that her main hobby was reading magazines and that each month she’d start off with the good ones, Vogue and so on, then gradually trade down to Bella and Chat etc so that she had something to read. How sad. He was out every night cooking (or so he told her, anyway!), so she had to entertain herself. I bet that she’s as dull as ditchwater.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
All I hope for these downtrodden cheated on wives is they’re getting some fun somewhere themselves. They must?? Please, please let them be banging the 25 year old gardener or something!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The thing is if she's decided to trade in her self-esteem for the lifestyle, does she really deserve anyone's sympathy?

I know so many women who stay in these situations when they're not really happy but it's a sacrifice they're ok with making. And a lot of them don't have the lifestyle Jools has - I don't think she's ever worked has she? Kate Middleton is another as is Colleen Rooney. Everyone knows it. I'd rather have a job and eat toast for the rest of my life.
Agree. They have all trapped themselves by making themselves so dependent on their men and letting them do what they want.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.