Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But isnt the financial reason massive?
Im hearing of loads of young families, with kids who want to split up....but they dont have enough money to make a clean break!
Absolutely. But not if you're married to a millionnaire. Maybe its the lifestyle they dont want to give up.

Reactions: 4
But isnt the financial reason massive?
Im hearing of loads of young families, with kids who want to split up....but they dont have enough money to make a clean break!

If you have kids they need a home, security and enough money to get them through to adulthood. If you think of the price of buying a property or renting, most places need 2 incomes to even start to afford it. So maybe part of a mum wants to leave, but she has to think pragmatically, Can she afford to work part time or not at all to take care of the kids? Can she afford to rent or buy her own place seperately? (and even if the father pays his share...his income might not be enough to support her and the kids, and enable him to exist independently! - which creates a massive tension point for loads of families!)

I can see why some women chose to stay in odd relationships........cos on balance its better to stay than to go!
The women on this thread aren’t in that sort of precarious financial position though. They wouldn’t be able to enjoy the type of lifestyle they’d been used to but in all likelihood they’d have basic comfort by most standards.

Personally I still don’t think financial reasons are strong enough. This is based on my own personal situation as a child being brought up in a dysfunctional home. It’s why I’ve worked to get to a point where I could manage to financially take care of myself and any children my husband and I will have, even if we’d split up. It’s also the reason I’ve always kept a “FO” fund.

it’s a depressing thought to me, staying in a relationship because you can’t afford not to.

to be fair to Katherine, Dominic West’s wife; they currently live in her ancestral home which doubles as a hotel. He bought her sisters share. It could be the case she can’t afford the upkeep without him, plus it’s the extra pressure of it bein in her family for about 700 years. Which would just make him even more of a rat imo

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Some people don’t want their kids having to spend 50% of their time away from them. Many don’t want their children coping with step families and parents’ new partners, of which there could be a succession.

Reactions: 16
plenty of women love their careers who don’t put other women down and vice versa, I didn’t shame anyone. I find women who talk about babies and their houses and nothing else, pretty boring. That’s just my opinion.

sorry but I’d never want to swap places with these women, I struggle to see why anyone would want to. Sure, you’d live in a nice big house with lots of free time. But your husband wouldn’t respect you. I’d rather have respect from others and respect for myself 100%.

I’ve worked hard at my career and I take a lot of satisfaction in doing my job well. I couldn’t give that up for a life of ease. I also never put down Jools, Tana etc. I just feel their apparent decision to stay with a cheating husband in exchange for a pampered lifestyle, a rather tragic one.
I have an uncle who was a very ‘high flyer’ in his career. He worked in senior roles around the world; the UK, the Middle East, the Far East, the USA. My aunt was a brilliant ‘corporate’ wife, wife and mother, but didn’t have a career outside of the home. She was one of the warmest, wittiest, most engaging people you’ll ever meet and her husband had the utmost respect for her and for what she put into their successful partnership. You have a very blinkered vision of what women who make different choices from you are like.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Some people don’t want their kids having to spend 50% of their time away from them. Many don’t want their children coping with step families and parents’ new partners, of which there could be a succession.
true, but I’d argue the quality of time spent with your children, trumps quantity. Aka if you’re unhappily married that will inevitably impact the time you spend with your kids. I speak from experience. Whereas if you are single, spending half the time with your kids but you’re 150% more happier - your kids will thank you in the long run.

that’s a whole separate issue. In the case of Dom and other men like him, the kid aren’t being protected from “new partners” because Dom in his selfishness has decided to go with a new partner regardless of his martial status. In any divorce you could argue you only want long-term partners to be introduced to kids. Staying single is a viable option too. But staying married doesn’t protect children from new partners. In fact I have a friend who was exposed to her fathers cheating and encouraged to keep it secret. The guilt and mistrust was way more damaging than had her parents separated and her father openly dated who he wanted to.

Reactions: 6
The women on this thread aren’t in that sort of precarious financial position though. They wouldn’t be able to enjoy the type of lifestyle they’d been used to but in all likelihood they’d have basic comfort by most standards.

Personally I still don’t think financial reasons are strong enough. This is based on my own personal situation as a child being brought up in a dysfunctional home. It’s why I’ve worked to get to a point where I could manage to financially take care of myself and any children my husband and I will have, even if we’d split up. It’s also the reason I’ve always kept a “FO” fund.

it’s a depressing thought to me, staying in a relationship because you can’t afford not to.

to be fair to Katherine, Dominic West’s wife; they currently live in her ancestral home which doubles as a hotel. He bought her sisters share. It could be the case she can’t afford the upkeep without him, plus it’s the extra pressure of it bein in her family for about 700 years. Which would just make him even more of a rat imo
I thought the pap shots were done in their home in Chippenham in Wiltshire, the castle is in Ireland. So the kids must go to school in Wiltshire, as he was doing the school run. So they don't live in the ancestral home.

Reactions: 1
I have an uncle who was a very ‘high flyer’ in his career. He worked in senior roles around the world; the UK, the Middle East, the Far East, the USA. My aunt was a brilliant ‘corporate’ wife, wife and mother, but didn’t have a career outside of the home. She was one of the warmest, wittiest, most engaging people you’ll ever meet and her husband had the utmost respect for her and for what she put into their successful partnership. You have a very blinkered vision of what women who make different choices from you are like.
not at all, I didn’t say disrespect was an inevitable component of being a homemaker - just that it’s clear from the relationships being discussed onthis thread, that the homemakers are being subjected to a lack of respect

Reactions: 2
true, but I’d argue the quality of time spent with your children, trumps quantity. Aka if you’re unhappily married that will inevitably impact the time you spend with your kids. I speak from experience. Whereas if you are single, spending half the time with your kids but you’re 150% more happier - your kids will thank you in the long run.

that’s a whole separate issue. In the case of Dom and other men like him, the kid aren’t being protected from “new partners” because Dom in his selfishness has decided to go with a new partner regardless of his martial status. In any divorce you could argue you only want long-term partners to be introduced to kids. Staying single is a viable option too. But staying married doesn’t protect children from new partners. In fact I have a friend who was exposed to her fathers cheating and encouraged to keep it secret. The guilt and mistrust was way more damaging than had her parents separated and her father openly dated who he wanted to.
We have no idea how happy or sad any of the kids are.

You can’t force an ex to only introduce kids to long term partners.

We have no idea how happy or sad any of the kids are.

You can’t force an ex to only introduce kids to long term partners.
Id bet my life on it, his kids will be suffering right now and it makes me very sad to say so. Children are extremely intuitive, even if they don’t know the exact cause.

you can’t, but it’s a reasonable request and like I mentioned, the partners in this case are in his life regardless of whether he is married or not.

Agreed on getting back to the tea, though I’m sorry I don’t have any right now :(

Id bet my life on it, his kids will be suffering right now and it makes me very sad to say so. Children are extremely intuitive, even if they don’t know the exact cause.

you can’t, but it’s a reasonable request and like I mentioned, the partners in this case are in his life regardless of whether he is married or not.

Agreed on getting back to the tea, though I’m sorry I don’t have any right now :(
theyve whipped them out of school and taken them to Ireland ( unless private school half terms start early)
I dont have any tea either, apart from that Prince Philip apparently had an ' emotional affar' with Daphne DuMaurier which is probably the least surprising gossip ever 😁 and that Amazon are charging £4.99 for 'Rebecca', an 80 year old book!

• Wow
theyve whipped them out of school and taken them to Ireland ( unless private school half terms start early)
I dont have any tea either, apart from that Prince Philip apparently had an ' emotional affar' with Daphne DuMaurier which is probably the least surprising gossip ever 😁 and that Amazon are charging £4.99 for 'Rebecca', an 80 year old book!
I didn't know that! And sad b*stard that I am I read her biography recently. She did have a few affairs throughout her marriage but Prince Phil was not mentioned.

I need to read My Cousin Rachel asap too!

Last edited:
I’ve heard rumours about Prince P for aggeees. I’ve heard that for all intents and purposes he has lived a separate life with another woman (penny something or other). I also heard that he had a mistress in Italy that the British press never reported on out of respect for the queen. It’s touched upon in The Crown so I suspect there’s probably something to it.

Reactions: 8
Back again after a few months,im not on here all that often but like a good read and catchup when I do.
I was reading something this morning about the Elm guest house scandal,id never heard of it before.Quite shocking!
Does anyone know if Cliff Richard has or has had a boyfriend ever? 🤔 Weird that he's never came out.

Reactions: 5
In 1988 or 1989 I was on holiday in Portugal, Albufiera. Cliff had a place nearby he shared with his 17 year old boyfriend according to British locals.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Dominics face during that press conference and the fact he made her sign his note was the smuggest of smug. He knew he could do whatever he liked as long as he went home.
He did look the smuggiest if smug! I’d like to wipe that smirk off his face. If it was me I’d fire his bags over the turrets, take up with the Estate Manager, banish Dominic to the Gatehouse and co-parent accordingly. What’s the point of owning a castle if you don’t make use of the ample accommodation?

In 1988 or 1989 I was on holiday in Portugal, Albufiera. Cliff had a place nearby he shared with his 17 year old boyfriend according to British locals.
Blimey! Now that’s tea!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
From Popbitch

>> Big Questions <<
Who's asking what this week?

There's a prevailing theory in politics that Dominic Cummings is the one who holds the greatest influence over everyone at No.10, but it's not strictly the case. Which member of the Downing Street inner circle still seems to be taking his cues from Boris Johnson – by ignoring his marital vows and trying his hand(s) with all of the pretty civil servants in Whitehall?

Matt handcock Hancock?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
From Popbitch

>> Big Questions <<
Who's asking what this week?

There's a prevailing theory in politics that Dominic Cummings is the one who holds the greatest influence over everyone at No.10, but it's not strictly the case. Which member of the Downing Street inner circle still seems to be taking his cues from Boris Johnson – by ignoring his marital vows and trying his hand(s) with all of the pretty civil servants in Whitehall?

Matt handcock Hancock?
You could be on to something there 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.