Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a bit baffled by the "poor John Leslie" commenters on DM today, to be honest.
A lot of men (and also women, but mostly men) prefer to believe that the majority of women who report rapes or sexual assaults are lying. “Crying rape” is such a common phrase, isn’t it? 🤢 It’s endemic. She was drunk, she’s a slag, she just wants to get money from selling her story... the same phrases get rolled out every time. Even when the Savile stuff started coming out, my own dad said “Ah, they just want money”. From WHO? He’s dead!

It’s pure misogyny. There are a lot of fragile men out there who get the rage when toxic masculinity in all its forms is pointed out. They won’t accept that men, as a class, are a danger to women, as a class.

(Please no one come at me with “not all men are like that”. I know. I’ve been very deliberate with my words).

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
I love that I have stumbled into a Rebecca the book and Hitchcock movie fan club.
Hitchcock fan all the way , and yes I know he was amazingly problematic, film making genius though.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love that I have stumbled into a Rebecca the book and Hitchcock movie fan club.
Hitchcock fan all the way , and yes I know he was amazingly problematic, film making genius though.
I love Shadow of a doubt, and Frenzy I've got two boxsets of his movies pure genius

My god why oh why doesn't someone stop Celebrity Juice Keith Lemon about as funny as thrush

Reactions: 14
If Ulrika has something to say about what she says happened to her, the incident that John Leslie was referenced to, she should tell the police. Not put covert messages out on social media. I am not an apologist for JL as my posts above reveal, but take exception to Ulrika to shoving her naked form on social media in some subliminal messaging way. Either name and shame and have the courage or convictions or shut up. Otherwise it looks likes she just wants to be a conversation piece.

Ulrika Jonsson, 53, shares naked bathroom selfie

#

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
We don’t know she’s never spoken to the police. There may not have been enough evidence for a prosecution as in the huge majority of other rape cases. Or she may not have been taken seriously. Or she may be one of the many who have decided they won’t report it, which is absolutely her right.

Reactions: 10
re the pp above saying her partner had a long chat with JL who denied everything...I had a work partner who looked a lot like JL , he also had a long talk with me about the terrible accusations that dogged his career(ex prep school master ..young boys ) and how he was innocent .

A few years later a whole bunch of ex pupils from around the world got together and made a formal complaint to the police, he was found guilty and sentenced to 13 years.
One of the things about this guy was he loved getting one over on people, and talking openly and 'with courage and honesty' about these accusations was a form of seduction and game playing too...I wonder if JL has an element of that too so he convinces certain people it could never be him ..

• Angry
Reactions: 15
^ I loathe Ulrika but that is the DM stirring the pot IMVHO - she hasn't made any reference to Leslie at all.
I think that’s a little disingenuous. Posting a comment about the difficulty of ‘reclaiming her mind’ on the day of Leslie’s verdict is too pointed to be pure coincidence.

Reactions: 5
^ I loathe Ulrika but that is the DM stirring the pot IMVHO - she hasn't made any reference to Leslie at all.
I have just looked on Insta, I can’t see this photo. So she has either removed it or the Daily Mail have got it wrong. They say she put it up yesterday within hours of the verdict. I don’t mind Ulrika, but if this photo was put up as they suggest, to put up a photo with reclaiming my body is more than just coincidence.

Reactions: 3
We will never really know if John Leslie was guilty or not. All we know is he couldn't find guilty with his word against hers over something that supposedly happened over a decade ago and has none of the evidence reporting it straight away would have given (CCTV of the incident, his dna on her top etc).

Reactions: 1
He never got the opportunity to clear his name. He might be grateful for that, but Ulrika staying silent and not denying, or dropping clues like the reclaim my body one are not helpful to anybody, including others in the same situation. It’s like she wanted to mark the occasion of his acquittal by sowing the seeds against him straight away. It devalues the crime if that photo was posted as the Mail claims.

Reactions: 5
Ulrika is awful, but she is not an alleged rapist and sexual predator so I think on this occasion she doesn't need to be criticised.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The thing is if she's decided to trade in her self-esteem for the lifestyle, does she really deserve anyone's sympathy?

I know so many women who stay in these situations when they're not really happy but it's a sacrifice they're ok with making. And a lot of them don't have the lifestyle Jools has - I don't think she's ever worked has she? Kate Middleton is another as is Colleen Rooney. Everyone knows it. I'd rather have a job and eat toast for the rest of my life.
Is it true that prince William has affairs then?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.