Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No Jools Oliver has not committed any crimes. However, I maintain that it’s pretty sad to do nothing with your life and trade in your independence for being the wife of a celebrity and the mother of his children. And, yes, that does tend to make people rather dull because they have nothing to bring to the table, conversation wise, apart from wifehood and motherhood.
But they were together long before he was famous - it’s not like he was a multimillionaire when she met him. And it seems unfair to say she’s done nothing with her life. She’s brought up 4(?) kids, done some collaboration work and written a book that meant a lot to women who’d been in the same boat as her. Aside from that, she’s essentially been a stay-at-home mum because the family income very luckily allowed it to be a choice for them. Would you say other SAHMs had “done nothing with their life”?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
No Jools Oliver has not committed any crimes. However, I maintain that it’s pretty sad to do nothing with your life and trade in your independence for being the wife of a celebrity and the mother of his children. And, yes, that does tend to make people rather dull because they have nothing to bring to the table, conversation wise, apart from wifehood and motherhood.
Plenty of women do it. If you have the means and it suits you, being at home and raising the kids is a valid life choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
These women stay for the status, nothing more. Colleen Rooney is reportedly very "do you know who I am" and demands special treatment wherever she goes. If she divorces Wayne, it will be the new Mrs Rooney who gets assistance through the airport, venues opening up especially for her, and the general VIP treatment she now expects. Backgrid and Splash won't follow the ex around, they'll follow their replacements and their instagram accounts will be worth nada. It's got nothing to do with money, they'd get that anyway in the divorce.

Reactions: 17
Yeah I always think that. Also the phone hacking stuff. At least when actors do questionable things you think ' they're doing it for the huge amounts of money' but I can't imagine paps getting paid that much for sneaking round spying on people , especially these days when everyone has a camera phone and can just take a picture and sell it to the DM for a quick £50. It must just be the adrenaline rush. ( I dont know how much people get paid for photos but I have friends in the creative industry who get paid peanuts for commissioned photos and even drawings and paintings)

Ooh good another book recommendation! I've bought about 3 books already just off the back of these threads 😄
Any Martina Cole books?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
These women stay for the status, nothing more. Colleen Rooney is reportedly very "do you know who I am" and demands special treatment wherever she goes. If she divorces Wayne, it will be the new Mrs Rooney who gets assistance through the airport, venues opening up especially for her, and the general VIP treatment she now expects. Backgrid and Splash won't follow the ex around, they'll follow their replacements and their instagram accounts will be worth nada. It's got nothing to do with money, they'd get that anyway in the divorce.
Maybe, just maybe she loves her husband (they’ve been together since they were kids) and she loves her children. To this end doesn’t want to break up her family and maybe she doesn’t believe that fidelity is the most important thing in her marriage?
Plus, she is catholic I believe so maybe that’s a factor.

Really surprised at the judgements on here about stay at home mums, apparently they have nothing interesting to talk about if they don’t have a job? My jobs dull as tit so I try not to bore my mates with it- and vice versa! How bleeping patronising.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I don’t think the women stay for the status. They’d all be very well off in the event of a divorce. Lots of women stay in bad marriages to keep the family together.

Reactions: 13
Really surprised at the judgements on here about stay at home mums, apparently they have nothing interesting to talk about if they don’t have a job?
No, I don’t think that. I’ve met several stay at home mums who are great company. The difference is, they actually worked and had an independent life before they became stay at home mums. So they have something to contribute to a conversation, which isn’t something I’ve observed in women who haven’t had much experience of the real world before having children.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
They worked before they were stay at home mums, Jools was a model wasn't she?

I didn’t know about Tanya Ramsay but wiki says she’s a qualified teacher.

Colleen and Wayne were so young when they got together that she never had a chance before the fame and kids and cheating, their kids are so young, the amount of grief they are going to get growing up makes me sad.

I don’t see it from Gordon Ramsay, for no other reason than he seems to adore his wife but who knows.

Reactions: 3
his wife didn't mind as long as he 'gave her what she wanted' - what on earth could that be to put up with a scummy little tit like that?
He's definitely punching socially. Not only is that her ancestral home since the 1400s but her father had one of the oldest Irish titles and her previous marriage made her a viscountess. West might have gone to Eton but his father owned a plastics factory and his mother was an actress which definitely doesn't match up as far as the aristocracy are concerned.

Eta: just to show the connections within connections, her ex-husband is now married to the sister of Rose Hanbury, Prince William's rumoured fling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Tana Ramsey is a nursery teacher. But she met Gordon when she worked as a waitress.

Reactions: 4

I didn’t know about Tanya Ramsay but wiki says she’s a qualified teacher.

Colleen and Wayne were so young when they got together that she never had a chance before the fame and kids and cheating, their kids are so young, the amount of grief they are going to get growing up makes me sad.

I don’t see it from Gordon Ramsay, for no other reason than he seems to adore his wife but who knows.
Its not so much the stay at home mum issue but the staying despite the constant cheating. The conversation started because it was suspected that all these women allegedly got another baby as ' compensation' for cheating, so bringing another child into a relationship with a father who treats their mother like tit. Colleen Rooneys sons will have Wayne as a role model. DW wife is wealthy, classy and has a successful career. Shes not a stay at home mum yet why the hell does she put up with it? It was clear from that statement and his smug face that Lily is just another woman hes shagged. Nothing special.

Reactions: 5
Yes, for about two minutes. Then she was a researcher on Jamie’s show for another two minutes. The point is, she never really supported herself or was financially independent. As somebody said upthread, I’d prefer to live on toast and be independent rather than relying on a man.

I think that we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. The stay at home mums should not take my opinions of the life choices made by Jools Oliver and Colleen Rooney personally.

Reactions: 7
I saw a Google news item taking me to this article about John Lydon supporting Trump, expressing how middle aged punks feel dismayed by him.

But the original interview reveals a strong, generous and sensitive man underneath all the bluster.

Think it's a bit distasteful that the Guardian are focussing on his political views, especially when he's going through such a tough time.

Makes me wonder if he was actually winding the journo up and trying to provoke some sort of outrage!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
No
She was found guilty in court? Do you know the year and the sentence/punishment she was given?
I can’t find a shred of this on the net, not even from blind gossip forums other than this one.
, No but it’s true. They are allowed to have evidence removed after a certain number of years.
It used to be on a digging of dirt website, but I don’t even know what once that was.

Its not so much the stay at home mum issue but the staying despite the constant cheating. The conversation started because it was suspected that all these women allegedly got another baby as ' compensation' for cheating, so bringing another child into a relationship with a father who treats their mother like tit. Colleen Rooneys sons will have Wayne as a role model. DW wife is wealthy, classy and has a successful career. Shes not a stay at home mum yet why the hell does she put up with it? It was clear from that statement and his smug face that Lily is just another woman hes shagged. Nothing special.
I agree, I have no idea why they put up with it. The keeping the family together excuse seems the only one but at what cost to them all. Madness.
Yes, for about two minutes. Then she was a researcher on Jamie’s show for another two minutes. The point is, she never really supported herself or was financially independent. As somebody said upthread, I’d prefer to live on toast and be independent rather than relying on a man.

I think that we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. The stay at home mums should not take my opinions of the life choices made by Jools Oliver and Colleen Rooney personally.
That’s fair enough, I don’t think think aside from Colleen they were ever in anything but a privileged position but they did work before they met them.

not offended at all, but also not a stay at home mum!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.