Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Why the duck would Kenny Goss do that? What legal team are advising him that this is a goer?

I loved George.

After he died my brother sent me his biography, can’t remember the author, but it was written after his death. It was so badly written, full of fillers (10 pages of his astrology chart). A lot of the content was simply made up or wrong. A quick google would confirm. Such a cynical attempt at cashing in on his death.

Reactions: 9
Wasn’t George with a different partner when he died?

I don’t give much for Kenny’s chances. I wonder whether he hinted at spilling juicy stories when he approached the family, with the threat of a court case in the background, then the Panayiotou (SP?) family called his bluff and said, go on then, sue us.

If he and George had been married or civil partners he might have had more of a chance, provided that he could make a decent case for having given up a career at George’s request (I think Kenny was calling himself an ‘art dealer and businessman’ or something). I think that he’d struggle to do so, though.

I was trying to work out how I’d view this case if Kenny Goss had been a woman, ie would I feel more sympathetic? I’m mindful of this 2006 case, which was a landmark for women:

The wife of the couple had given up a role in a top legal firm, whilst her husband continued to work in a ‘big four’ accountancy firm. They mutually agreed to do this, for the sake of their children. Then he runs off with a junior colleague (cliche alert). The wife successfully campaigned for not just a share of the assets at the time of the divorce but for substantial future payments, because why should she suffer a diminution in her lifestyle by reason of having given up a lucrative career in a joint decision, after which her husband left her?

I don’t think that Kenny Goss’s case for being kept in the manner to which he was accustomed is as strong. He could have been like ‘independent film producer in his own right, David Furnish’ (with acknowledgements to Star Stories)

Reactions: 11
Could the Fern Brady tweet be about Miranda Hart? she's done stand up in the past and strikes me as someone with a few sides to her.

Reactions: 4
Fern Brady seems to like stirring tit then walking away, I think she did this with someone else (maybe about Russell Brand?) If this person is as bad as Ellen, naming and shaming will only open the doors for more people to speak up so there's not going to be any serious fall out except to the person who treats everyone badly. Instead she prefers to get lots of attention with folk asking her who it is and never confirming. Either spill the tea or private message other comedians about it.

Reactions: 10
Oh good god.
Joes Stone is pregnant. That means she’ll soon be able to pontificate to an expert level about pregnancy, birth and parenting. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Re Kenny Goss - my sister is a George Michael nut and there's been talk of Kenny suing the estate for at least a few years. In fact, as it went quiet, I thought it either was crap made up by the red tops, or had been quietly dropped. For a while after George's passing, Kenny kept a dignified silence and the fans viewed him as the gracious ex (not hard when there's an unhinged leech like Fadi Fawaz around) but surely he must know he has little chance of winning. Unless Kenny is trying to suggest he was still an active partner, on and off?

Makes you wonder if George had real friends who didn't have ulterior motives!

Re Lawrence Fox: I applaud anyone who speaks out when Woke madness steps into the ridiculous, that's it. I grew up in the era when political correctness gained traction and back then it was pretty simple - don't be sexist or racist and try to be more enlightened (as my comedy heroes from the 1980s preached - though, the comedy world was very sexist behind the scenes, according to female comedians from that era).

I had no idea Mr Fox had such thoughts about holocaust deniers (I believe in free speech, but this is really shaky ground, it's the hatred spewed by Neo-Nazi voices - as well as being a pack of lies). I don't exactly follow what he's saying day to day! Apparently he's wanting to start his own political party!!

This piece by David Mitchell made a lot of sense, and talks about his contradictions. I pretty much agree with this commenter:
Screenshot_2020-10-06 Hands up who takes Laurence Fox seriously David Mitchell.png

Fern Brady seems to like stirring tit then walking away, I think she did this with someone else (maybe about Russell Brand?) If this person is as bad as Ellen, naming and shaming will only open the doors for more people to speak up so there's not going to be any serious fall out except to the person who treats everyone badly. Instead she prefers to get lots of attention with folk asking her who it is and never confirming. Either spill the tea or private message other comedians about it.
I don't get famous people who habitually do this on Twitter. It could be a cynical dick move to plant the seeds of doubt and get the public/comedy community talking - then she deletes it once there's enough of a storm kicked up about it.

Or she's crapped herself thinking, "I might actually lose some jobs due to this comment/being a gossip".

Or she's been deluged by abusive PMs (unlikely).

If she has form for stirring tit, maybe she should give herself five minutes before posting that inflammatory Tweet (something the likes of Trump has never learnt to do!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I don’t have any strong opinions on Laurence Fox because I’m not interested in him but it’s funny how people in the acting profession get upset by diversity when it looks likely to cut down their chances of getting roles, innit?

Re Steph’s packed lunch: I just put it on again to see whether it could get any worse. It has. She is being taught how to plant bulbs in a pot, at great length, with Chris Kamara the cut price football pundit.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Whatever you think about what he thinks, it's almost like Laurence Fox never wants an acting job again. Dancing On Ice 2021 for him methinks!

Reactions: 13
I know it is not a popular opinion, but Is Laurence Fox having some sort of public breakdown, or a mid-life crisis?

Reactions: 37
RE Fox loved it when he got it all wrong about the Sikh soldier in 1917
Weirdly enough, I went to a new Indian Restaurant for my birthday a few weeks ago (living the high life, eh) and one of the murals on the walls was about Sikhs walking into battle for Britain during World War I. It's something that should be more widely known, I had no knowledge of it. Lawrence could easily get his facts straight before firing off indignant comments.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.