Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NotAgain?

Chatty Member
Okay, so I'm still on thread 3 catching up but I wanted to share my Amy Winehouse story.

She was the sweetest, tiniest thing ever, 5ft maybe? I approached her alone when I was out with some mates. I ripped a page out of my notebook and wrote her a little note saying I didn't want to disturb her but I thought she was amazing and I loved Back to Black. I walked over, gave her the note folded up and smiled and then walked away. I had my back to her but my mate said "oh jesus she's reading it. Can you just behave yourself?" Then she went to the bar for paper and wrote me a note back and dropped it in front of me and sat back down.

We swapped a couple more notes and then sat at the bar together and bought each other a couple of drinks and drank them. We had a lovely chat and she was very tolerant of the fact that I couldn't stop hugging her. I'm a dick, I know, but she was just so impossibly lovely. I gave her a book that I'd just finished reading. She was over the moon with it. It was a biography of Tennessee William. I took my leave after a reasonable time.

I've read stories that imply she was rude and horrid but I have to say, she was beautifully mannered, very intelligent, sensitive and had an absolute star-quality.

A lovely memory. A really nice girl. My mum was looking through my stuff in my old bedroom and she found the notes, not so long ago, she was like aw, what a fun, friendly girl.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 214

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
friend who was an editor had a short fling with her pre-macca. Said she was a great shag - very enthusiastic and would hop out of bed and along to the bathroom to give her mimsy a rinse before hopping back for round 2.
Are we all going to pretend the word ‘Mimsy’ didn’t happen or?.....

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 111

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
Why are there so many vile comments about Rebecca Adlington? How the hell does she deserve the hate?
Clearly they married young and broke up 18nmonths later probably,more than likely to him being gay (absolutely obvious) but they created a little girl together and considering he did this to her she's made peace and they look like a happy family.
If my husband did this to me I probably wouldn't be so understanding. You'd feel humiliated though it's not your fault.
She's never said a bad word about him and seems they have both found happiness

• Heart
Reactions: 97
The only info I have on Saville is when Jim’ll Fix It was on tv I was desp to meet Black Beauty such a horse lover I was! I wrote a letter and asked Mum to post it. Fast forward to just before all the JS stuff came out, I jokingly said how gutted I was that I never went on the show. My Mum then told us that my Dad wouldn’t allow her to post the letter and (he was a Nursing Officer at a large psychiatric hospital) when JS asked to visit the hospital Dad had turned him down flat. My Dad had passed away at this point but I felt really proud that he didn’t take any crap from JS.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 94

mattyrc

I work in TV and have worked with a lot of big international stars. I can honestly say that nobody is as vile and minipulative as Sandi Toksvig. If I could count the number of people that she's made cry, alienated, humiliated or bullied on both of my hands, I'd be amazed. For someone married to a psychologist, the woman has a lot of issues.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 83

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Okay, so I'm still on thread 3 catching up but I wanted to share my Amy Winehouse story.

She was the sweetest, tiniest thing ever, 5ft maybe? I approached her alone when I was out with some mates. I ripped a page out of my notebook and wrote her a little note saying I didn't want to disturb her but I thought she was amazing and I loved Back to Black. I walked over, gave her the note folded up and smiled and then walked away. I had my back to her but my mate said "oh jesus she's reading it. Can you just behave yourself?" Then she went to the bar for paper and wrote me a note back and dropped it in front of me and sat back down.

We swapped a couple more notes and then sat at the bar together and bought each other a couple of drinks and drank them. We had a lovely chat and she was very tolerant of the fact that I couldn't stop hugging her. I'm a dick, I know, but she was just so impossibly lovely. I gave her a book that I'd just finished reading. She was over the moon with it. It was a biography of Tennessee William. I took my leave after a reasonable time.

I've read stories that imply she was rude and horrid but I have to say, she was beautifully mannered, very intelligent, sensitive and had an absolute star-quality.

A lovely memory. A really nice girl. My mum was looking through my stuff in my old bedroom and she found the notes, not so long ago, she was like aw, what a fun, friendly girl.
Poor Amy, she’s the only celebrity I ever truly felt sorry for. She was always hounded even right before her death. She said she would give everything away if she just could walk down the street without anyone knowing her.

Talented woman who was never cut out for the life that was given to her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

bagafreebee

VIP Member
I remember Duncan James joked that he slept with Michelle Heaton from Liberty x and she turned him gay. She did not like that joke.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 79

BigBrenda

Chatty Member
Just remembered my mum said she wrote to jimmy saville to go on the show as she wanted to be a butcher because she loved the smell of blood. I think even jimmy was weirded out by that one 😭😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78

PopperPet

This isn’t evidence of being nuts. This happened to my second cousin: she was totally normal, then had a measles vaccine (before the combined MMR was available), had a bad reaction, and spent the rest of her life in a residential home, severely learning disabled and suffering from epilepsy. It happens.

It’s really upsetting that people trying to speak out about this are attacked, to the point where anyone not ardently praising vaccines are ostracised. The pharmaceutical companies manufacturing these medications are now beyond reproach, and their naive customers are militantly protecting them from any criticism. Suffering families are being punished and demonised as liars for not going along with the popular narrative.

Vaccines are medications, and like any other, they can have side effects. Like many other medications, rarely, these side effects can be severe. Insisting that vaccines are the only medications that are magically 100% safe is just as nuts as saying that vaccines are useless autism shots.
Gosh, you’re so right. Once in a blue moon someone will fall ill immediately after a vaccination, thus totally proving Its The Evil Vax Wot Did It. Far better that we avoid that even fractional possibility of causation! Let’s go right back to the good old days of endemic smallpox, for example: 1 in 3 infection rate, 500 million people killed in the last 100 years it was extant in the global population, grotesque scarring for the survivors being the best possible outcome: otherwise it’s lifetime disability and physical deformity, or death from sepsis, haemorrhage, multiple organ failure, encephalitis, amongst others.

Go do some damn research into infectious diseases, & then come back & preach your abject stupid anti-vaxxer delusion. I dare you.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

mattyrc

I work in TV and have worked with a lot of big international stars. I can honestly say that nobody is as vile and minipulative as Sandi Toksvig. If I could count the number of people that she's made cry, alienated, humiliated or bullied on both of my hands, I'd be amazed. For someone married to a psychologist, the woman has a lot of issues.
Conversely, one of the kindest and most humble people that I've met at work is Justin Bieber. I know he absolutely has his issues, but when I dealt with him over the space of a few days he was extremely professional and kind.

And I know everyone now knows, but I literally got told on my second day in the TV Industry that Pip was gay and a total wanker. I don't think it was ever a secret at ITV.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I doubt Fry has ever cruised in his life! He did a BBC documentary about life for gay people in countries where it’s still criminalised, and during an exchange with a man in Uganda who was talking about how “disgusting” anal sex is, SF said “But I don’t have anal sex, never have!” Then explained that he’s into “intercrural sex... like the Greeks” (which is THE most Stephen Fry-esque way to explain his sexual proclivities 🤣).

So there you go. I could have happily stayed ignorant to how SF had sex, but now I’ll never forget it 🤢
Pleaae tell me I'm not the only one that had to google intercural?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Has anyone heard the Hilary Duff rumours that she got visited by Child Protective Services? She posted an Instagram video and an eagle eyed person caught a frame that had a photo of her young son completely naked, bound to a table by loads of cling film. In another video her daughter was locked in a dog cage :confused:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 69

Frankensooze

Chatty Member
All these celebs who claim they haven’t had surgery it’s just make up. Can you DM me and let me no how it’s done please. Thanks in advance
It's yoga and healthy eating hun, makes your nose shorter, your tits bigger and your wrinkles disappear.

• Haha
Reactions: 67

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries (RIP), gently spoken, almost shy. Very pretty and had time for fans.
One of my friends is Irish (living here a long time though) and originally from Limerick, the same place as Dolores.
When my friend was at uni she was working part time in a supermarket and Dolores used come in with her Mum shopping.

My friend said she was absolutely lovely, would chat to anyone who approached her and was always happy to sign an autograph.

This was in the late 90s when The Cranberries were at the height of their fame.

A staff member who worked with my friend, her Gran lived up the road from Dolores when she was growing up and when Dolores was in her teens she used to play cards with her, and even when she became a worldwide name, anytime she was home she'd always make sure to visit that lady and play a game of cards.

Fame never went to her head

• Heart
Reactions: 67