Secret Celeb Gossip #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Chronic illness' usually means something that you can't cure and that can be debilitating, but isn't neccessarily terminal either. Things like MS, Crohns, Asthama, Diabetes etc.
I have fibromyalgia and that’s classed as a chronic illness.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Okay, so I'm still on thread 3 catching up but I wanted to share my Amy Winehouse story.

She was the sweetest, tiniest thing ever, 5ft maybe? I approached her alone when I was out with some mates. I ripped a page out of my notebook and wrote her a little note saying I didn't want to disturb her but I thought she was amazing and I loved Back to Black. I walked over, gave her the note folded up and smiled and then walked away. I had my back to her but my mate said "oh jesus she's reading it. Can you just behave yourself?" Then she went to the bar for paper and wrote me a note back and dropped it in front of me and sat back down.

We swapped a couple more notes and then sat at the bar together and bought each other a couple of drinks and drank them. We had a lovely chat and she was very tolerant of the fact that I couldn't stop hugging her. I'm a dick, I know, but she was just so impossibly lovely. I gave her a book that I'd just finished reading. She was over the moon with it. It was a biography of Tennessee William. I took my leave after a reasonable time.

I've read stories that imply she was rude and horrid but I have to say, she was beautifully mannered, very intelligent, sensitive and had an absolute star-quality.

A lovely memory. A really nice girl. My mum was looking through my stuff in my old bedroom and she found the notes, not so long ago, she was like aw, what a fun, friendly girl.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 214
Barbados doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the UK, which is convenient for Sir Cliff. I believe the reason he gave for becoming a citizen is that he spends most of his time there, but you can be a dual citizen of two countries and as far as I’m aware Cliff gave up his UK passport.

I’ve heard rumours he was a rent boy in the 50’s and that’s how he got his break in the music business. He shagged the right people.
I know he's now sold/ is selling his Barbados home (and you can even rent it for ~2,500£ a night!) and as far as I know has not bought a replacement - which confused me at the time as he has repeatedly spoken about his intention to rarely return to England - so I don't know how this will work with his citizenship / future plans if he is no longer living there! In terms of Barbados, everyone I know there who has met him has nothing but good things to say about him - he keeps himself to himself but is meant to be kind and polite and always says yes to photo requests etc even when he is interrupted at dinner etc. (This obviously doesn't detract from any rumours but just in terms of people's opinions of him there)

Reactions: 8
He did have a place in Portugal at one point, he might be returning there? There was once an article in Hello about it and unmarried bachelor Cliff.

Reactions: 4

I wonder what caused Judy Finnigan to have a stomach ulcer in 2019? I also wonder if it coincided with she and Richard giving up drinking after being massive pissheads for decades?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Am I imagining it or did Tricia Penrose from Heartbeat have her kids removed by social services?

Am I imagining it or did Tricia Penrose from Heartbeat have her kids removed by social services?
Yeah I heard that to ..if I remember right I think she had some mental health problems

Reactions: 3
Okay, so I'm still on thread 3 catching up but I wanted to share my Amy Winehouse story.

She was the sweetest, tiniest thing ever, 5ft maybe? I approached her alone when I was out with some mates. I ripped a page out of my notebook and wrote her a little note saying I didn't want to disturb her but I thought she was amazing and I loved Back to Black. I walked over, gave her the note folded up and smiled and then walked away. I had my back to her but my mate said "oh jesus she's reading it. Can you just behave yourself?" Then she went to the bar for paper and wrote me a note back and dropped it in front of me and sat back down.

We swapped a couple more notes and then sat at the bar together and bought each other a couple of drinks and drank them. We had a lovely chat and she was very tolerant of the fact that I couldn't stop hugging her. I'm a dick, I know, but she was just so impossibly lovely. I gave her a book that I'd just finished reading. She was over the moon with it. It was a biography of Tennessee William. I took my leave after a reasonable time.

I've read stories that imply she was rude and horrid but I have to say, she was beautifully mannered, very intelligent, sensitive and had an absolute star-quality.

A lovely memory. A really nice girl. My mum was looking through my stuff in my old bedroom and she found the notes, not so long ago, she was like aw, what a fun, friendly girl.
Poor Amy, she’s the only celebrity I ever truly felt sorry for. She was always hounded even right before her death. She said she would give everything away if she just could walk down the street without anyone knowing her.

Talented woman who was never cut out for the life that was given to her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
'Chronic illness' usually means something that you can't cure and that can be debilitating, but isn't neccessarily terminal either. Things like MS, Crohns, Asthama, Diabetes etc.
Sorry, probs didn't explain very well. I just wondered if we know what her story was, is she or someone close to her living with a chronic illness. What she says in the video is really moving and she talks about it very personally x

Reactions: 4
Poor Amy, she’s the only celebrity I ever truly felt sorry for. She was always hounded even right before her death. She said she would give everything away if she just could walk down the street without anyone knowing her.

Talented woman who was never cut out for the life that was given to her.
She seemed pretty happy when I met her. Obviously, a bit mad, replying to notes in a bar but that was just how mad I was too, at the time. Theres not one thing I could say "oh I knew tragedy was coming" .. she was just a nice girl. The press absolutely demonized her. She was just a girl who wanted to go to work and then chill at the evening and weekend IMO.

Makes me laugh when Meghan M says she had a hard time with the media. Yes dear, talk to Amy, talk to Fergie, talk to Britney, talk to Diana, Caroline, Amanda and so on.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Now we know Bradley Walsh has a totally clean bill of health goss-wise, what about tea on the Chasers themselves? Couple of friends at work went to watch The Chase being recorded, and another one lived near to Mark ‘the Beast’ Labbett & has seen him out & about in nightclubs. I’d always quite liked his style, but the consensus of all three of them was that he’s a rather nasty piece of work in person - very arrogant, very rude, a bully. Then again, not terrible sins in the world of Dubai camel-wanking & coffee-table turd fetishes, I know!

Any word on him or the other Chasers? (If anyone rubbishes The Governess I will be LA LA LA CAN’T HEAR YOU bc I❤her completely!)
Paul Sinha is a lovely man 👍🏼

Reactions: 17

This makes me happy. I love her!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
He definitely comes across as a cock!! A pretentious condescending know it all 🤣 fuming that I wasted a whole evening at one of his shows with my dad 😂
Agree with this, I was at an event few years back where he was interviewed and he was rude, arrogant and just looked bored the whole time....

Miriam Margoyles is another one I love, she always manages to drop a swear word when ever she goes on This Morning🤣 I hope she’s as nice as she comes across too.
Um............ she’s quite....um....difficult...... 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sorry, probs didn't explain very well. I just wondered if we know what her story was, is she or someone close to her living with a chronic illness. What she says in the video is really moving and she talks about it very personally x
I've just watched it and if I were to hazard a guess, given the things she lists, I'd say maybe she's had some health problems related to a connective tissue disorder. (Possibly Marfen's). Connective tissue disorders are still widely misunderstood, even by GP's and come with all sorts of problems that can cause long term chronic ill health. For example Fibromyalgia, CFS, recurrent dislocations, blood pressure problems, anxiety (she's talked about suffering with anxiety in interviews before).
Spoon Theory is a particularly useful explanation for any chronic illness.

Reactions: 13
I've got a few. Two on good authority

Before Mel Bs marriage went tits up social services were there non stop trying to protect the kids. Ready sad. One stage think emergency intervention for th kids was out in place. She's as bad as her big baby looking ex and there was violence and neglect of the kids.

It all came out a few years later.

Other one before it hit the headlines police friend warned me they were going to arrest cliff Richard. Yewtree stuff. Put it this way they had lots of evidence and he got off with a lot. PR job was fantastic
I always thought Kitty was guilty but too much of a national treasure to be found guilty during his lifetime.

Reactions: 11
z

Absolutely love this, still find her early death far too tragic

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m so pleased to hear that. I adore Amy Winhouse. What a huge loss 🥺💚

• Sad
Reactions: 18
z

Absolutely love this, still find her early death far too tragic
Yeah, I hate it when anyone goes early but I think she could have done a lot. Controversial opinion: I think her voice was a bit contrived. I would have loved to see her go through loads of albums and develop a more authentic voice. She was just a brilliant songwriter anyway, I love putting her music on. In fact, I think I prefer Frank to Back to Black. Her lyrics were brilliant and funny.

Sorry my story has no gossip but it's true, she was lovely. I'm a good judge of character generally. She was cool, she really was a nice girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.