Secret Celeb Gossip #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This isn’t evidence of being nuts. This happened to my second cousin: she was totally normal, then had a measles vaccine (before the combined MMR was available), had a bad reaction, and spent the rest of her life in a residential home, severely learning disabled and suffering from epilepsy. It happens.

It’s really upsetting that people trying to speak out about this are attacked, to the point where anyone not ardently praising vaccines are ostracised. The pharmaceutical companies manufacturing these medications are now beyond reproach, and their naive customers are militantly protecting them from any criticism. Suffering families are being punished and demonised as liars for not going along with the popular narrative.

Vaccines are medications, and like any other, they can have side effects. Like many other medications, rarely, these side effects can be severe. Insisting that vaccines are the only medications that are magically 100% safe is just as nuts as saying that vaccines are useless autism shots.
I couldn't be less interested in having this discussion right now. Two things I have issues with though, firstly the term "normal". Secondly my own GP was against the measles vaccine, my mum went along with him thinking he was the voice of reason. When I was four I caught measles and almost died. Everyone has a story. I would never risk that with my own children.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
I’m just listening to louis’ audiobook as part of lockdown therapy...
Just to say Louis has a podcast out at the moment (assume it's to keep him busy, heard about it on Adam Buxton's podcast originally - as an aside, as old friends they are hilarious together, and with Joe Cornish, when he appears). Louis' podcast is on BBC Sounds, but if you don't want to sign in, I've found the latest one (with Boy George, here)
Grounded with Louis Theroux
(Edit: Actually, it's on Spotify and Apple Podcasts as well).

Reactions: 9
He is gay and the papers pushed so hard to force him to come out when he was on SCD. The last time I looked on his social media he was posting pics on holiday with his boyfriend but without properly outing himself. He definitely seems very guarded as a person.
Thanks. I remember the papers constantly trying to insinuate he and Aliona were having it off, but I always felt she came across as more motherly towards him. Always reassuring him, etc. Her husband was very warm towards him also. He is super guarded, you're right. Not seen pics with his bf on their hols, though. There's a pic on his insta with his brother, both in their pants, but not seen anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Has anyone else seen this?

Out of the mouths of babes eh? Amanda's clearly been gossiping and the child has overheard!
I think this is exactly what’s happened! Bet Amanda is mortified! Haha. But I always just assumed Lauren was a beard anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Would a reason for Simon and George C getting married to beards so that they have full paternity rights over any children of the marriage rather than to save face? After all one’s sexual orientation is one’s own business?

Reactions: 3
Thanks. I remember the papers constantly trying to insinuate he and Aliona were having it off, but I always felt she came across as more motherly towards him. Always reassuring him, etc. Her husband was very warm towards him also. He is super guarded, you're right. Not seen pics with his bf on their hols, though. There's a pic on his insta with his brother, both in their pants, but not seen anything else.
It's going back a long time that I saw pics, might have even been on Twitter. I'm sure they were in Rome.

Reactions: 1
This isn’t evidence of being nuts. This happened to my second cousin: she was totally normal, then had a measles vaccine (before the combined MMR was available), had a bad reaction, and spent the rest of her life in a residential home, severely learning disabled and suffering from epilepsy. It happens.

It’s really upsetting that people trying to speak out about this are attacked, to the point where anyone not ardently praising vaccines are ostracised. The pharmaceutical companies manufacturing these medications are now beyond reproach, and their naive customers are militantly protecting them from any criticism. Suffering families are being punished and demonised as liars for not going along with the popular narrative.

Vaccines are medications, and like any other, they can have side effects. Like many other medications, rarely, these side effects can be severe. Insisting that vaccines are the only medications that are magically 100% safe is just as nuts as saying that vaccines are useless autism shots.
Gosh, you’re so right. Once in a blue moon someone will fall ill immediately after a vaccination, thus totally proving Its The Evil Vax Wot Did It. Far better that we avoid that even fractional possibility of causation! Let’s go right back to the good old days of endemic smallpox, for example: 1 in 3 infection rate, 500 million people killed in the last 100 years it was extant in the global population, grotesque scarring for the survivors being the best possible outcome: otherwise it’s lifetime disability and physical deformity, or death from sepsis, haemorrhage, multiple organ failure, encephalitis, amongst others.

Go do some damn research into infectious diseases, & then come back & preach your abject stupid anti-vaxxer delusion. I dare you.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Let’s drop the vaccine chat from the Secret Celeb Gossip thread please?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 147
Let’s pick a new celeb......... anyone got stories on members of Take That?

Reactions: 3
I dont think anyone has said that vaccines are 100% safe, of course they arent, everything has risks. I'm very sorry side effects happened to someone you know but I have also read stories from people who have been affected by vaccine side effects and they said while their life wasnt the best they had disabilities they would still push for people to get vaccines because if you're not vaccinated against, say, measles and you contract it and then you come into contact with who has a compromised immune system you're putting their life in danger too.

I think people are foolish and irresponsible to not to get vaccinated. It's about other people too. I mean, we're in the middle of a pandemic.
There's also some horrible complications of measles, in addition to dying straight out from measles, including subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) which can appear several years after being infected by measles.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.