Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I’m not sure the 0.5 dose of Ozempic is for me 🤔 I’ve just upped from 0.25 this week and 48 hours after the jab oh my I am SO tired and feel SO full, like I’ve eaten 3 dinners all at once (I’ve only had soup and some crisps for lunch and can’t even consider eating dinner). Hopefully it will ease off a bit tomorrow……blurgh!
---
Oh and I have a sore lower back. So naturally I googled ‘Ozempic- sore back’ and am convinced I have Pancreatitis. Excellent.

I’ve taken to my bed, and told the husband that if I die in the pursuit of being skinny he’s to move on and find someone lovely, plump, and accepting of their body size.

He’s just rolled his eyes and gone back downstairs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

HarJR289

Chatty Member
It’s not that I don’t want him to know, it’s just I don’t want him to know how much it costs…..

• Haha
Reactions: 23

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
As of today I’ve lost 70lbs since starting in July last year. Feels like a milestone. I went out out last night too so when all the excess drink leaves my system I could be over the 70lbs. I’ve massively upped my water intake the past 2 weeks and it seems to have kick started losing weight again. I had been stuck on 60lbs lost for ages (but my body was still changing).

According to the bmi calculator I need to lose another stone to be “healthy” but I’m not sure I will lose that much. I think I’ll look too small for me then, but we shall see.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
Anyone else not told their partner & struggling to come up with excuses why you don’t want to eat?!
I told mine I was getting it. I explained that when I’m unhappy in my body and overweight, my self-esteem is awful, my sex-drive plummets and I’m grumpy. But if only there was a way for me to lose a few llb and feel better I’m sure I’d just want sex with him ALL DAY LONG.

He practically did the first injection for me 🤪

Of course once the weight is off he will realise that I will always love cake more than him. But I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Sienna1

I don’t post often but always lurk on this thread. I’m so happy I’m finally in the overweight category and no longer obese 🎉 never thought being overweight would be something I’d celebrate 😂. At my biggest 3 years ago I was 18 stone and this morning I’m 12.6, I’ve lost 18lb since Jan when I restarted saxenda. I started saxenda for the first time in October 21 at 16 stone and lost 2 stone came off as it wasn’t working anymore, maintained that weight, went on it for only a few weeks back in June last year and lost another 10lb but came off it again. Maintained that weight until Christmas when frustratingly went back to my old habits and regained the 10lb so decided to start sax again for the 3rd time. My weight loss has been slow but I'm finally getting there and feel so much better in myself and more healthy. Good luck everyone on your weight loss journeys x

• Heart
Reactions: 21

caremum

VIP Member
I cannot believe the change. I went to costa for late breakfast and grabbed a toastie, and I instinctively thought I’d get a mocha, but I got a latte instead. toastie has filled me up.

Yesterday I was out all day doing farm work (a regular occurrence on my days off) and id usually get a takeaway on the way home. I didn’t want one and knew I’d be wasting money as it’d last me days and I’m going away tonight for 3 nights. I had a piece of Birds Eye tempura chicken and half a pack of savoury rice (having had the previous half the day before- usually I’d have the pack in one go) and a piece of a sweet treat.

5lb lost so far. I had 95 to lose for my optimum goal weight for my height. 90 now. Of course I won’t lose 5lb every week but it’s a mild boost to get me started.
---

It’s the same drug afaik
My husband doesn't snack. Eats well and has never carried weight. I find I can emulate his eating habits now. Pretty much at goal and if I want some chocolate I have it but only a bite. Ozempic for me has been a 12 month journey. but I'm down from a bmi of 34 to 24. Size 18 to 14. I'm not tiny. I never will be but I no longer cringe when I'm out or bump into someone. Being in your 50s is so hard. The weight had crept up and was only going one way. On top of everything else it was a lot to content with.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
It might be because people have been lying about their weight to get them that they are taking extra precautions. It is regulated medication at the end of the day and it should only be used as licensed
Which has caused shortages for people who actually do need it and don’t want to just lose a stone to go on holiday!

Reactions: 18
I have just started week 10 of Ozempic today. My weight loss hasn’t been quick, and at this morning's weigh-in, I’ve lost 11lbs - admittedly, I have had 2 weekends that I drank alcohol and overindulged on food, these were both for big family parties, so I allowed for this, and I did vomit the Prosecco up the next day 🤢. On the weeks I drank, I gained 2lbs both times, so I’m glad I don’t have any other family commitments in the near future, and I can concentrate on losing weight again.

I started taking 0.25 for the first 4 weeks, then I moved up to 0.5 on week 5. I wasn’t able to tolerate the higher dose and ended up barely able to keep awake during the day and my head felt like it was going to explode, so on week 6 I split the dose and took 0.25 on the Monday and 0.25 on the Thursday and this seems to be working so far. My prescription is now for 1mg but I have stayed at the lower split dose and I count the clicks on the pen (this also means the pen lasts twice as long for the same amount of money!). My appetite is suppressed but I do still have to be mindful, I don’t have the type of suppression that I could go a day without eating but I do now skip breakfast and I can just have a couple of boiled eggs for lunch and be satisfied. It’s more that I have the feeling of being satisfied after a small amount of food, rather than not being able to eat anything.

I am 5ft 2 and my starting weight was 11st 9lbs and today I weigh 10st 12lbs. I order from Health Express which costs £159 a month. When you initially go onto their website it doesn’t offer Ozempic but once you complete the online health questionnaire they then give the option to select it, they ask for a full body photo (with clothes on) before the doctor authorises the prescription. The health questionnaire n,eeds to be completed every 4 weeks when you reorder, and they ask for a photo every 3 months (I just take a selfie in the mirror with leggings and a T-shirt on).

I weigh daily and I do notice I lose more when I drink my 3ltrs of water a day! Some days I realise I’ve barely drank anything and I definitely notice the difference. I’ve had mild constipation and if I notice I haven’t gone for a few days I take 20ml of lactolose at bedtime and that usually helps.

I hope this information is helpful to anyone, I was so nervous starting Ozempic and researched it for months before I plucked up the courage to order it. I definitely think the 2 weekends drinking alcohol set me back, but my Mum turned 70 and my sister tuned 40 so I figured I still need to live and enjoy myself, it’s going to take me months to get to target and I don’t want to miss out of things just cause I’m on a diet.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Terrible

VIP Member
I’ve been ice skating today! Well, once round the rink anyway (my daughter has lessons, I didn’t go just to go round once). Managed ok, didn’t fall over - I never ever ever ever would have tried it even three months ago. Next stop - I want to ride a bike on holiday. WHO AM I?

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
I will never stop singing ozempic praises! I have been on it since January (was on Rybelsus before hand for 2 months but was so poorly but had lost 1 stone) I’ve just weighed myself this morning and I’m officially 3 stone down! No longer constantly think about what to eat next, feel so much more confident in myself and finding myself a whole new wardrobe in clothes that I outgrew!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I feel like the odd one out for having barely any symptoms. I feel really tired about 48 hrs after taking the jab, which lasts for about a day, but aside from that it’s all good 💃🏻

I’ve lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks and if I lose another 7, I’ll be where I want to be.

Sorry to be that smug person, I’m just so surprised at how effective Ozempic is, and how the stone I’ve been trying to lose for a year has literally just come off 🫣😃

• Heart
I’m not someone with a big appetite but have gained weight due to age and snacking. Do you think ozempic will help. I can’t drop a lb no matter what atm.
For me, Ozempic gets rid of the will to have snacks. Or, if I do have one I have no appetite to eat a meal later.

So say I come in from work and fancy something quick, eg toast or crackers and cheese, that’ll be me for the evening. I might have a biscuit with my bedtime cuppa at 10pm.

I usually have a medium sized jacket potato for lunch with whatever filling the work’s canteen is doing that day and a side salad. Honestly after eating that, and sometimes I don’t finish it, I feel like I’ve had a five course meal and can hardly move 🤣

I have water, coffee and a banana or plum or pear in the morning.

If I do have dinner I’ll have a small child’s size portion and that’s plenty.
---
I think to sum up, Ozempic makes you behave the same way you do for the first 3 - 7 days of a new diet when you’re keen and before the wee cheats start slipping in… but every day for as long as you’re on it.

Glittery1

VIP Member
I had an appointment with a surgeon yesterday to get a gastric sleeve and I spent the rest of the day debating that or ozempic…. I woke up this morning and decided to try ozempic first.

I’ve ordered it via myjuniper. Very excited to start 🥳

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I posted this on the other thread but it was right at the end before it was closed and this one opened. I would love peoples opinions, but stuck on what to do.
‘Advice please needed - for the past 5 years I’ve been weighing myself on those old fashioned doctors scales. My weight is high so it spins around past the top number and then I have to add on the extra weight myself. I use stone and pounds and the highest number ends and then 8lbs later the 0 starts so it’s been a bit complicated adding the extra weight up. It also has kg and someone suggested I try and use that as well. It’s worked for me so far but today I was weighed at a hospital using an electronic scale and I’m actually 11lbs lighter than what I’ve been reading myself as. I should say now that I’m terrible and really unconfident when it comes to maths.
I’m thinking that I should buy myself a proper electronic scale but that would mean my previous measurements will be off and then I’ve lost 5 years of weighing myself (I like the little progress graph on MyFitnessPal). Should I carry as I’m hoping I’ll get down to the highest number on my dr’s scale or buy a new one and then go through MyFitnessPal and rework out what I had previously calculated (I take photos of the scales) and change them accordingly?’
So I bought some new scales and it was such a great idea - thank you for everyone who encouraged me! It comes with an app which automatically saves your weight and BMI and tracks it for you which is so handy! Plus, no mental gymnastics trying to work out the exact weight like with my previous ones. I weighed myself on the old scales after weighing myself on the new ones and I can’t work out for the life of me how the old ones get that measurement - maybe it’s because it can’t properly calculate my weight as it goes pass the highest number? Either way, the new scales have encouraged me so much already. I’ve also lost 3 lbs since my weigh in on Wednesday which is good :) so around half a stone in 2 weeks (can’t be exact with the old scales so I’m making an educated guess).

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Terrible

VIP Member
I could never keep it secret. I consider my beloved honoured and privileged to be kept informed about every single step of my journey, in excruciating exquisite detail.

• Haha
  • Heart

Sodivine

I’m long time Tattle lurker but new to this thread. Have just been approved for Rybelsus today and should receive in the next couple of days. Didn’t want to deal with injections although I am not phobic, I’d rather just take a tablet daily. I know some people have asked about the tablets so I’ll try and update. I’ve never used Saxenda or Ozempic so this is my first shot…

• Heart