Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which would people recommend between Saxenda and Ozempic? I’m not technically obese but have a stone to lose that I just can’t shift!
That’s difficult because there aren’t many that try both. Ozempic is cheaper. Saxenda seems to work quicker but also seems to have more side effects.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I did Saxenda first and had a stall, then started gaining, so I switched to Ozempic.

Saxenda worked right away but I got fed up injecting every day. Ozempic took two months to start working but I’ve been losing steadily. I find Ozempic far more convenient and of course it is cheaper.

I am, however, going to try Wegovy when it becomes available.

I did Saxenda first and had a stall, then started gaining, so I switched to Ozempic.

Saxenda worked right away but I got fed up injecting every day. Ozempic took two months to start working but I’ve been losing steadily. I find Ozempic far more convenient and of course it is cheaper.

Sorry if this has been already said, but where do you get ozempic? I can only find Saxenda and prefer the sound of Ozempic.

Reactions: 2
Ozempic seems to be short everywhere at the moment in Ireland. First time I don't have my next jab. Bit of a panic on.

I did Saxenda first as well, but ended up with bad pains which I thought were in my pancreas. I actually threw away two pens in the end.

I started Ozempic 3 weeks ago, 4lbs lost so I am glad to hear it is a slow burner. Have you followed the increases each month?

I will also look to move to Wegovy once it is available.

I did Saxenda first as well, but ended up with bad pains which I thought were in my pancreas. I actually threw away two pens in the end.

I started Ozempic 3 weeks ago, 4lbs lost so I am glad to hear it is a slow burner. Have you followed the increases each month?

I will also look to move to Wegovy once it is available.
Yes, 4 weeks at each.

I feel like I’m stalling again just now but the trend is downwards. In total I’m 33lbs down since starting in Aug ‘21.

Reactions: 3
Sorry if I’ve missed this in the thread. Has anyone in the uk bought Ozempic or is this prescribed by doctors only ?

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster on this thread. Looking for some Ozempic advice...

I am due to take my 4th dose of 0.25mg later this week, and am happy with my weightloss so far...and then I'm due to move up to 0.5mg...but I'm so scared of the side effects at the higher dose as they've been pretty rotten so far.

Post injection 1 was fine...but about 36hrs after injection 2 and 3 the awful gas started, big loud farts (not smelly though) and the most eggy burps...and then a few hours later the diarrhoea started and lasted 6/12 hours leaving me absolutely exhausted and my stomach so sore and tender.

What am I doing wrong???? Any advice would be much appreciated. I really don't want to have to stop taking it, I'm down 12lbs already with about 30lbs to go so I need to figure this out.
Well done! It’s hard to keep going when the side effects slap you in the face so bad😫 you’re not doing anything wrong! I was (and still am) petrified of moving up & taking my next dose! I’ve generally managed quite well moving through the doses, but out of nowhere last week (my second week on 1mg of Oz) totally wiped me out!! I felt dizzy all the time, kept getting breathless and I could barely eat or drink. It was awful! Lasted about 5 days until it wore off enough for me to function like an actual human being again☠ The first 1mg I took (the week before) was absolutely fine, so weird. I dropped down to 0.75mg this week then I’ll likely go back to 1mg next week🤞🏽 I’ve lost 22lb in 7 weeks so just doing whatever I can to make it as pleasant as possible🙈

If you’re happy with your loses and the effect of the medication at 0.5mg I’d maybe stay on that dose for a little bit?

Hi all, I’m thinking of starting Saxenda. I’m so large and I’m just at an all time low. My other course of action was going to be a fitness coach @ 180 a month but I’m thinking that’ll be more expensive in the long run with the increase in food I’ll be eating, lean meats, nuts etc. I’m just a bit worried about the side effects as I’m emetophobic. Can i still drink alcohol or is it isn’t sickness or is it if you have too much? Wouldn’t say I drink much but I’d like the option to have a few lol

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi all, I’m thinking of starting Saxenda. I’m so large and I’m just at an all time low. My other course of action was going to be a fitness coach @ 180 a month but I’m thinking that’ll be more expensive in the long run with the increase in food I’ll be eating, lean meats, nuts etc. I’m just a bit worried about the side effects as I’m emetophobic. Can i still drink alcohol or is it isn’t sickness or is it if you have too much? Wouldn’t say I drink much but I’d like the option to have a few lol
I'd definitely recommend speaking to your GP. I'm not sure whether they do gym memberships for 12 weeks anymore but I've had that previously, and this time got referred to the weight management service, who have been great. As well as the loss GP who prescribed me saxenda, I see a dietitian and physio and there's the option of counsellors too. I know it varies a lot area to area but it's definitely worth a try. I only started saxenda last week and I've felt horribly nauseous but haven't actually been sick. They didn't say anything to me about not drinking, although I'm not really a drinker and suppose I might have mentioned that in previous appointments.

I have just started week 10 of Ozempic today. My weight loss hasn’t been quick, and at this morning's weigh-in, I’ve lost 11lbs - admittedly, I have had 2 weekends that I drank alcohol and overindulged on food, these were both for big family parties, so I allowed for this, and I did vomit the Prosecco up the next day 🤢. On the weeks I drank, I gained 2lbs both times, so I’m glad I don’t have any other family commitments in the near future, and I can concentrate on losing weight again.

I started taking 0.25 for the first 4 weeks, then I moved up to 0.5 on week 5. I wasn’t able to tolerate the higher dose and ended up barely able to keep awake during the day and my head felt like it was going to explode, so on week 6 I split the dose and took 0.25 on the Monday and 0.25 on the Thursday and this seems to be working so far. My prescription is now for 1mg but I have stayed at the lower split dose and I count the clicks on the pen (this also means the pen lasts twice as long for the same amount of money!). My appetite is suppressed but I do still have to be mindful, I don’t have the type of suppression that I could go a day without eating but I do now skip breakfast and I can just have a couple of boiled eggs for lunch and be satisfied. It’s more that I have the feeling of being satisfied after a small amount of food, rather than not being able to eat anything.

I am 5ft 2 and my starting weight was 11st 9lbs and today I weigh 10st 12lbs. I order from Health Express which costs £159 a month. When you initially go onto their website it doesn’t offer Ozempic but once you complete the online health questionnaire they then give the option to select it, they ask for a full body photo (with clothes on) before the doctor authorises the prescription. The health questionnaire n,eeds to be completed every 4 weeks when you reorder, and they ask for a photo every 3 months (I just take a selfie in the mirror with leggings and a T-shirt on).

I weigh daily and I do notice I lose more when I drink my 3ltrs of water a day! Some days I realise I’ve barely drank anything and I definitely notice the difference. I’ve had mild constipation and if I notice I haven’t gone for a few days I take 20ml of lactolose at bedtime and that usually helps.

I hope this information is helpful to anyone, I was so nervous starting Ozempic and researched it for months before I plucked up the courage to order it. I definitely think the 2 weekends drinking alcohol set me back, but my Mum turned 70 and my sister tuned 40 so I figured I still need to live and enjoy myself, it’s going to take me months to get to target and I don’t want to miss out of things just cause I’m on a diet.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Took the plunge and ordered Ozempic today. Had to be a little creative with my starting weight (I wouldn’t qualify as obese) but ho hum. Excited to start. I feel like a bit of a fraud bcos I only have a stone to lose and am already just in a healthy BMI range, but i can’t shift this last stone and it’s really getting me down so 🤷‍♀️

If you don’t mind me asking, what site do you order from and is it for delivery in the UK?
I got it originally from myBMI but I’ve just done my second one with quickmedics as it’s cheaper but I’m waiting for a call to sign it off.

So I've just used my last pen of saxenda. I only got 5 pens to try them but I have lost 1st 4.5lb from 30th January. I have a holiday in just under 5 weeks and im terrified of putting the weight back on as I do still have over 3 stone to lose but I honestly can not afford any more pens. Here's hoping I can keep my mouth shut and resist food 😔 x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.