Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve added Ozempic and Wegovy to the title as I know a few have switched to Ozempic and others are keen to move to Wegovy as soon as it’s available.

Support and advice for those using weight loss injections 😊

Reactions: 11
I’m between 16-18 lbs down, it fluctuates…since starting Ozempic in August. The weight didn’t move for the first 3 months other than a pound or two. I think that was due to being on highest dose of Saxenda previously then starting with lowest dose of Ozempic. If anyone is making the same switch check if your pharmacy is happy to let you start Ozempic at 0.5 or even 1.0. My pharmacy wouldn’t agree.

Reactions: 7
I posted this on the other thread but it was right at the end before it was closed and this one opened. I would love peoples opinions, but stuck on what to do.
‘Advice please needed - for the past 5 years I’ve been weighing myself on those old fashioned doctors scales. My weight is high so it spins around past the top number and then I have to add on the extra weight myself. I use stone and pounds and the highest number ends and then 8lbs later the 0 starts so it’s been a bit complicated adding the extra weight up. It also has kg and someone suggested I try and use that as well. It’s worked for me so far but today I was weighed at a hospital using an electronic scale and I’m actually 11lbs lighter than what I’ve been reading myself as. I should say now that I’m terrible and really unconfident when it comes to maths.
I’m thinking that I should buy myself a proper electronic scale but that would mean my previous measurements will be off and then I’ve lost 5 years of weighing myself (I like the little progress graph on MyFitnessPal). Should I carry as I’m hoping I’ll get down to the highest number on my dr’s scale or buy a new one and then go through MyFitnessPal and rework out what I had previously calculated (I take photos of the scales) and change them accordingly?’

Reactions: 3
I’d get new scales too. At least then you’ll know more accurately rather than trying to do maths every time you weigh.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I posted this on the other thread but it was right at the end before it was closed and this one opened. I would love peoples opinions, but stuck on what to do.
‘Advice please needed - for the past 5 years I’ve been weighing myself on those old fashioned doctors scales. My weight is high so it spins around past the top number and then I have to add on the extra weight myself. I use stone and pounds and the highest number ends and then 8lbs later the 0 starts so it’s been a bit complicated adding the extra weight up. It also has kg and someone suggested I try and use that as well. It’s worked for me so far but today I was weighed at a hospital using an electronic scale and I’m actually 11lbs lighter than what I’ve been reading myself as. I should say now that I’m terrible and really unconfident when it comes to maths.
I’m thinking that I should buy myself a proper electronic scale but that would mean my previous measurements will be off and then I’ve lost 5 years of weighing myself (I like the little progress graph on MyFitnessPal). Should I carry as I’m hoping I’ll get down to the highest number on my dr’s scale or buy a new one and then go through MyFitnessPal and rework out what I had previously calculated (I take photos of the scales) and change them accordingly?’
Isn’t accurate weighing more important than the MFP graph? I’d log the 11lbs loss on there and go from there on a set of new scales. Progress is still progress and your graph will still be there for you but at an accurate weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Agree with the above- and just to say I wouldnt assume it’s a miscalculation on your part at all, wear and tear/general regular use over time on a scale can make them lose a degree of accuracy so it’s highly possible that this would explain the discrepancy (I’d guess an old school style may be more likely to lax more easily than a digital scale?)

I like a good, clean tracker but if I was you I’d add a comment in the 11lb down weight saying new scales, buy a new scale and just crack on from there vs trying to fiddle with lots of historical data since it’s probably going to have happened over time.
I personally use Renpho scales because allll of the data goes to my phone on an app to track all sorts of metrics (weight, bmi,body fat etc) as I like the data but wouldn’t want to calculate it every time. I think it syncs to MFP too, it’s a 180kg max weight but I think there are similar ones with different max weights too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’d also consistently use the same scales for any weight you’re going to add to your tracker when you get yourself some digital ones, and not track any other weigh-ins. Then you’ll know you’re losing or tracking properly because your scales will be consistent for you whereas others in other places may not be set right, some will be more accurate than others, wear and tear as oksobasically says, may need calibrating if they’re used 8263972 times a week etc. At least with your own at home you’ll know for sure 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone, first time posting in this group. I started Ozempic last week after gaining over 4 stone since covid started, I fell into a bad pattern at the start of the first lockdown, eating and drinking too much wine - then it’s just continued since then! At the end of last year I tried calorie counting but I just gained and lost the same 1lb for weeks! I heard about Ozempic from a friend who lost a lot of weight and looks fabulous now, so I thought I’d give it a try! The first week has gone well, so far no side effects really, my appetite has reduced massively and I don’t have the urge to snack anymore! Plus my evening glass of wine has been knocked on the head, i poured a glass on Saturday night and even the small turned my stomach! I’ve taken my second shot of 0.25 this morning and so far so good! I’m 3lbs down and hoping to continue seeing the scales reduce for the next few months! I feel great and haven’t had any sickness so far. Is anyone else on Ozempic?

Reactions: 13
I’m on Ozempic and 18 lbs off since I started. I was on Saxenda before and that meant I didn’t have any losses on Ozempic until I reached full dose. So you can count that 18 lbs from November really.

Reactions: 5
Just having a shop around and this is what I’ve found to be the cheapest/best currently for Ozempic if anyone is struggling at where to purchase:

Manual.co for £129 including postage, needles, sharps bin and personal coaching with access to recipe books and home/gym workouts. It rolls into a monthly plan at £199 but it’s pause/cancel anytime so you can cancel it after your first delivery and shop elsewhere if you want to get it cheaper - I believe quick meds is currently £149 incl postage when using ‘repeat5’ discount code. If you sign up to Heath express newsletter you can get 10% off which will make it £144 through them ☺

Reactions: 8
How long did it take for everyone to get used to the side effects? I’m feeling sick and have a constant headache

Reactions: 1
It’s different for everyone. Some have had no side effects, some only got them at certain doses, some had them from day 1.

How long have you been taking it? Are you drinking enough water? Managing to eat? Are you injecting in your tummy or your thigh? What time of day are you taking it? Maybe we can help try to minimise your side effects with some tips 😊

Reactions: 2
It’s different for everyone. Some have had no side effects, some only got them at certain doses, some had them from day 1.

How long have you been taking it? Are you drinking enough water? Managing to eat? Are you injecting in your tummy or your thigh? What time of day are you taking it? Maybe we can help try to minimise your side effects with some tips 😊
Does the injection site matter when it comes to side effects?

Reactions: 1
A lot of people say injecting in the thigh gives less side effects than injecting in the stomach. I don’t know the reason why, if there’s any science behind that theory, whether it’s a placebo effect or what. But I’ve seen it suggested quite a few times when people are struggling that they try their thigh.

I’ve not really struggled with side effects and I mainly inject in the stomach unless it’s looking a bit bruised and then I do thigh. So I don’t know whether it works. I do know when I have had really bad days with side effects it’s been when I’ve injected closer to my belly button rather than the bottom/side of my stomach so maybe there is something in it?

I’m on day 3, I’m drinking around 2 litres a day, trying to eat but don’t really fancy much at all! I’m taking it at about 8am. Thank you for any tips!

I wonder if you’re not eating enough? I feel awful if I don’t eat enough (as in enough for me, I only have 2 meals a day). Would a little bit of fruit or yoghurt or something help? Your blood sugar could be low because you haven’t eaten as much as your body is used to having.
And as above, some people do say injecting in the thigh instead of the stomach does help. I take mine before bed too which may help me sleep through any side effects if that’s an option to try for you?

I’ll give it a go at nighttime, I took my last dose at 8am today, so would I take one tonight or wait till tomorrow night?

I’d take tomorrows around lunchtime and the Sundays in the evening so you’re spacing them out and gradually changing rather than having a big or small gap.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.