Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d anyone is still unsure then look at My Juniper. Mine came within a couple of days, discrete packaging unlike my Saxenda that came with stickers all over saying it was medication and must be signed for. It came in a plain box and the supper is excellent. There’s a slack channel to connect to others and access to your own health coach who is a qualified dietician. Lots of people asking questions and lots of useful info. You aren’t doing it on your own and it’s making a difference.
I agree-I’m impressed so far.

Reactions: 1
I was wondering this too, I’ve got 2 weeks in Italy in August and I am planning to eat allllll the pasta and pizza. Wondering how to wean myself off for those 2 weeks 🤔
I’m going away in a few weeks and leave the day my jab is due I’m just going to miss that one but I don’t get as sick from it after being on the 1mg for 2 months now

I have done the saxender jab last year and tbh it did not work for me at all I went all the way up to the top dose but it was just too expensive in the end especially when I did not get any weight loss. I am now on day two of rybelsus hopefully this is better

How did you get on? Pure pharmacy has loads too I heard. They also must buy in bulk cause they’re cheap too.
No answer when I tried calling yesterday. I'm going to try call both today or hopefully tomorrow morning if they are expensive. I skipped a day yesterday but have enough for 2 days left. Thanks so much for the info. I really don't want to go off it over the enext few weeks at least as finally feel like I'm getting some momentum.

Does anyone know where in the uk has stock of 1mg ozempic as Health Express are out of stock & have just emailed reminding me to renew my prescription

Anyone got any tips for a newbie, starting Ozempic this week. How do I minimise any potential sickness (my biggest fear) I’d there a particular place to inject or time, before of after food.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Lots and lots of water aim for 4 litres a day! Also lots of green, peppermint or ginger tea. Make sure you force yourself to eat even if you’re not hungry, ideally daily protein and veg and some fruit for natural sugars. This is what I’ve been doing and I havnt had many side effects at all.
In terms of where to inject I’ve been doing it in my arm but have noticed no one else does that so not sure it’s the best place. I done it in my stomach one week and noticed slightly more side effects and had bad diarrhoea for a day or two (prob more down to the wine I had the night before though) I’ve noticed a lot of people say to inject in your leg for less side effects so I’m gonna try that next week myself but the arm has been working well for me to be honest
Good luck! X

Reactions: 4
Hi all looking for advice. I’m 5 feet 9 and just under 19 stone and willpower is my issue. Will one of these help?

Reactions: 2
Hi all looking for advice. I’m 5 feet 9 and just under 19 stone and willpower is my issue. Will one of these help?
Not a medical professional, but a common theme a lot of us seem to have commented on is it takes away the hunger feeling and helps break those patterns of: eating because you’re bored, eating because you need some comfort, basically eating for any reason other than you’re hungry. It helped re-shape my relationship with food, and with my body, so yes I think it should help with the willpower. Good luck 🙂

Reactions: 10
I’d say so. For me I am ‘good’ for an extended period, but then the ‘food noise’ in my head becomes overwhelming and I’ll binge for a day or two ruining all my hard work. Like so many of us, even when I’m being good I’ll be thinking of my next treat meal or cheat day! After 2 weeks on Ozempic I can honestly say that whilst I’m eating 3 times a day, I don’t crave foods any more and I can genuinely not think of anything I fancy. It’s an odd feeling but one that I suspect naturally thin people experience as their normal. Nice food still tastes nice to me, but if you took my plate off me half way through a meal I’d not be bothered.

My neurological pathways clearly haven’t entirely caught up with the chemical changes in my appetite and cravings, as I still regularly mull over stuff I would usually salivate over (cake, salami, cheese, takeaway, chocolate) but my thought process is more surprised and mildly irritated, like “Why don’t I fancy these things?!! I LOVE these foods, Meh!” It’s like walking into a restaurant you’ve always loved, and unexpectedly being really put off by the smells coming out of the kitchen, like, wtf? 🤔. I keep metaphorically walking into the restaurant, and mentally I keep going “Yep. Still dislike the smell.“

TLDR On Ozempic I don’t feel that I even need willpower anymore because food has lost it’s power over me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Guys after over a month on 1mg oz its finally starting to suppress my appetite 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve been ice skating today! Well, once round the rink anyway (my daughter has lessons, I didn’t go just to go round once). Managed ok, didn’t fall over - I never ever ever ever would have tried it even three months ago. Next stop - I want to ride a bike on holiday. WHO AM I?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Guys we had our usual Saturday night takeaway last night and I probably ate about a quarter of what I normally would. But I didn’t even feel hungry or deprived after, just nicely satisfied 😊 normally I’d keep eating for the sake of eating then feel sick for the rest of the night!

Reactions: 10
Day 2 of Saxenda & so far no side effects or am I too early? I was hoping by starting on the Saturday i’d get a head start if any started before I am in work Monday

Hello everybody
I am on day 8 of Saxenda (not up titrated past 0.6 yet) and the past couple of days when I have felt hungry I have eaten! But instead of reaching for crisps etc like I used to, I have had a sandwich or some cereal and I have felt satisfied. I have gone from 100kg bob on to 99.2kg. So not much of a loss but I am heading down wards on the scale. Can I ask when does the real loss start kicking in? I do feel better in myself as in I don’t feel as sluggish and I am getting out and about but I don’t feel like I am loosing like I should be 🤷🏼‍♀️
Anybody else experienced this? Any advice to get it moving. I am 5ft 5in in case that makes any difference 😄

@BottyClacker - sounds like you’re doing well. Just keep at it, make sure you’re drinking as much water as you can, and try to fill up on protein and veg rather than carbs. I signed up to Noom, it’s free for a year with Saxenda, just make up a US postcode (90210 works) - I find it useful for logging meals and reinforcement.

Don’t worry about how much /how fast for a few weeks yet - it will fluctuate for no apparent reason!

• Heart
Hello! I stumbled across this thread & have been reading with interest. I have some newbie questions if that’s ok?
1- do you ‘have’ to tell your doctor before starting Ozempic?
2- is there a real risk of thyroid cancer? I’ve read that there may be but think it’s only been proven in the animal clinical trials :(
3- is it something you can stop and start or are you better to stay on it until achieved desired weight loss? Again I read max you can lose is 15% of body weight but may have misunderstood
Really want to give it a go but as it’s expensive want to ensure I know as much as I can beforehand! Thank you! 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.