Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I've started following this thread too so I hope no one minds me jumping into the conversation - from reading everyone's experiences I think Saxenda injections may be the best place to start for me, but would be grateful for input from people who have experienced either (I'm thinking Saxenda because it sounds like it's effective more quickly). I live in England if this changes any advice re: shipping or where to buy. Thank you all for posting your experiences and advice so far ❤ it's been so informative to learn from.
So for Saxenda, Boots and Asda usually offer the best prices. Asda is a bit cheaper and they’ll send discount codes sometimes, but boots usually have a code for your first order (Welcome20 assuming it still works) for 20% off which makes them much cheaper for a first order. Boots is slightly less convenient (for me anyway) because you have to go to your local pharmacy to collect. Asda deliver to your home. Boots do needles and sharps box included, Asda charge for the box on your first order - my box has lasted 7 months though I’ve only just started my second one. Asda accept PayPal which means you can pay in 3 if necessary. There’s also SimpleOnlinePharmacy which do 10 pens at a time but they don’t do any discounts or anything that I’ve seen, it’s just more convenient if you want a bigger order rather than reordering regularly when on a higher dose.
Ozempic is cheaper at the full dose.

so im now certain I want to start on the injections after years of eating disorders and failed dieting. Do you think it would be better if I wait for wegovy to be released first? Im mostly just concerned about the price of the others and being able to afford it long term
I think if you’re in the mindset of getting started then I’d start now. Wegovy could be months away yet and there’s no indication of the price. You may have additional checks if you tell them you’ve struggled with eating disorders in the past - it’s one of the questions they ask in all the online assessments.
---
Don’t know if this helps those who are worried about the injection to see how small it is. It’s next to a penny as I wasn’t sure what else to put it next to to show the size in relation to something we’d all know the size of 🫣 as you can see from the above pic it’s so tiny it can barely be seen.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Somerset girl

VIP Member
My husband and I are doing it together. We both need to be in the same mindset as we tend to drag each other down with eating rubbish.

• Heart

chlosib

Chatty Member
I’ve started Saxenda again today after trying it last year for a few months but ultimately giving up (due to poor mental health, and forgetting to take it).

I’m at the heaviest I have ever been in my life at 16st 7lbs, and I’m struggling more than ever with my self confidence and binge eating episodes.

Here hoping, through the use of Saxenda, and being more mindful with my food choices I can begin to shift some of this weight before it really starts to cause some issues for me.

Glad to have found this thread!

• Heart

caremum

VIP Member
I picked up a pen this weekend. Had it pre ordered but pharmacist came out to kind of quiz me. Asked was availability a problem. (I had stocked up over christmas to make sure it didnt and dropped back just to make sure I didn't gain). Even with longer duration between jabs and lower doeses I have still lost 7lbs since Christmas. I got a 1 ml pen so I think she was concerned that I'd go on it after been off it for a while and make myself sick. She was kind of amazed to hear about clicking to reduce doses. Warned about using fresh needles, assured her I have spares. But the thing that kind of gave me a kick was she said you don't look like you need weight loss drugs. I replied you should have seen me 12 months ago. So she asked how much I had lost and worked it out that I've lost nearly 25% of my body weight. She seemed impressed and I directed her to Dr Michael Crotty for more information. Do stick at the process for anyone slow. This has been a very long term plan for me. I was stalled for the last month and this week down 2 lbs. 1 more and I'm according to bmi (I know very flawed) a healthy weight.

• Heart

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
Would you say this medication is for life? Wondering what happens when you reach goal weight and stop? Am hoping that new healthier habits will help me maintain but worried it will just all go back on if I decided to stop taking Ozempic. Anyone stopped and maintained?
My first pen arrived Saturday but waiting for stomach bug to pass before starting!!
It’s like any diet or ‘fix’ really. Unless you fix the underlying reason why you overeat, the impact of the diet will cease as soon as you stop the diet. I don’t mean that to sound unnecessarily harsh, just the reality imo.

Reactions: 10

maggisojuicy

VIP Member
Guys we had our usual Saturday night takeaway last night and I probably ate about a quarter of what I normally would. But I didn’t even feel hungry or deprived after, just nicely satisfied 😊 normally I’d keep eating for the sake of eating then feel sick for the rest of the night!

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
Hello all!

I started Rybelsus tablets 3mg dose yesterday.
I did feel like my appetite was suppressed a little and even turned down chocolate!

I‘m hoping it will help with my binge eating in the evenings.

Looking to lose 20kg at least - combination of baby weight and out of control eating. I will weigh myself once a month.

Really excited to start this journey, its been long overdue

• Heart

Lollypad

VIP Member
Hi all looking for advice. I’m 5 feet 9 and just under 19 stone and willpower is my issue. Will one of these help?
Not a medical professional, but a common theme a lot of us seem to have commented on is it takes away the hunger feeling and helps break those patterns of: eating because you’re bored, eating because you need some comfort, basically eating for any reason other than you’re hungry. It helped re-shape my relationship with food, and with my body, so yes I think it should help with the willpower. Good luck 🙂

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I feel like the odd one out for having barely any symptoms. I feel really tired about 48 hrs after taking the jab, which lasts for about a day, but aside from that it’s all good 💃🏻

I’ve lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks and if I lose another 7, I’ll be where I want to be.

Sorry to be that smug person, I’m just so surprised at how effective Ozempic is, and how the stone I’ve been trying to lose for a year has literally just come off 🫣😃
I’ve had no symptoms with ozempic other than tiredness either. And didn’t get many with Saxenda other than one dose increase which was awful and sickness that would come out of nowhere.
I’ve lost 10lb since staring ozempic and I’d already lost 63lbs on Saxenda but the weight loss stalled so I switched and it’s kick started again. I’m so close to goal now, less than a stone to go but I’ll probably go for a stone so I’ve got wiggle room when I stop/reduce to a maintenance dose 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Terrible

VIP Member
I’m back from my holiday, and fully delighted to have lost just over 3lb (I’d had a gain the week before I went). I was pretty good on holiday, but did have to go down a couple of doses of sax as had such stomach upsets (💩) after every meal. I had three glasses of wine all week, and seemed fine on it. Total loss now 18lb, in (I think) seven weeks, which I’m happy with. Only approx eleventy billion more to go! Still not really got a hugely reduced appetite though, but still fairly easy to not overeat.

jemmyj

So I’ve finally taken the plunge I’ve ordered the tablets I know it will be a long road. I’ve ordered it from health express and found it embarrassing that I had to upload a photo of myself I can’t believe I’ve let my go so much. On the plus side I feel like I have taken the first step on getting my life back fingers crossed 🤞

• Haha

conrea37

VIP Member
I cannot believe the change. I went to costa for late breakfast and grabbed a toastie, and I instinctively thought I’d get a mocha, but I got a latte instead. toastie has filled me up.

Yesterday I was out all day doing farm work (a regular occurrence on my days off) and id usually get a takeaway on the way home. I didn’t want one and knew I’d be wasting money as it’d last me days and I’m going away tonight for 3 nights. I had a piece of Birds Eye tempura chicken and half a pack of savoury rice (having had the previous half the day before- usually I’d have the pack in one go) and a piece of a sweet treat.

5lb lost so far. I had 95 to lose for my optimum goal weight for my height. 90 now. Of course I won’t lose 5lb every week but it’s a mild boost to get me started.
---
Hi everyone x
Week 3 of ozempic. Spoke to my GP who said I should qualify on the NHS once they have the NICE guidelines. I’ve seen a few mention Wegovy. Are there any differences between the two at all or is it just the brand name?
It’s the same drug afaik

• Heart

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
Any actual diabetics here that are doing opemzic..I'm wondering if I could get it on prescription and whether doctors are open to this. And can you take it with metformin
I was prescribed it due to type 2 diabetes (well I had Rybelsus to begin with now ozempic) and my hba1c has gone from 57 to 39! My Diabetic nurse is happy to keep me on it as I want to continue losing weight (15kg down so far) and so I get it as a free prescription!

• Heart

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
My brain is telling me I’m hungry but when I think about what I want to eat I’m completely drawing a blank … I have a full fridge of options but the thought of eating any of it just feels like no … this is the strangest feeling!!!

caremum

VIP Member
My husband didn't give a continental as long as I was happy and healthier but we didn't discuss it much. It is a big spend but ozempic but it is an investment in me. After years of parenting and caring for a sn child I needed to put myself first in something. I was hitting 14 stone, all in my middle area. Awful stuff. Too much judgement out there at when people try and break the cycle that lead them into obesity be it medicine or surgery.

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Also never shit myself on Saxenda! I wish it was so easy to poo that that was even a risk tbh 🤣 had to take 4 dulcolax yesterday to get things moving after over a week of nothing 🙄 5lb lighter afterwards tho 🤣

• Haha
I just hide mine in the fridge, I have some cosmetics in the fridge anyway so my husband wouldn’t take any notice, the pen is in beside my cream for my face when I get a pimple, nail polish, a hair mask, a few face masks that I put on cold, a gel eye mask. My fridge has more cosmetics than food some weeks 🤣

• Haha

Lazarus

VIP Member
Has anyone taken orlistat and any tips tricks and wisdom? It’s says it’s to be taken with fatty meals ? I don’t eat breakfast bar coffee with skimmed milk lunch normally is a mug shot or soup and for example dinner tonigjt stir fry ?
Stick to as low fat a diet as you can otherwise you will quickly be passing wind that looks like the layer of oil on top of a takeaway Indian curry.
I was on them years ago with some success but that is because I was cautious of eating anything with more than 4% fat.
I forgot one day and had a very rare (almost never before or since) caramel latte and yeah, I had orange oil running down my leg.

• Wow
  • Haha