Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t post often but always lurk on this thread. I’m so happy I’m finally in the overweight category and no longer obese 🎉 never thought being overweight would be something I’d celebrate 😂. At my biggest 3 years ago I was 18 stone and this morning I’m 12.6, I’ve lost 18lb since Jan when I restarted saxenda. I started saxenda for the first time in October 21 at 16 stone and lost 2 stone came off as it wasn’t working anymore, maintained that weight, went on it for only a few weeks back in June last year and lost another 10lb but came off it again. Maintained that weight until Christmas when frustratingly went back to my old habits and regained the 10lb so decided to start sax again for the 3rd time. My weight loss has been slow but I'm finally getting there and feel so much better in myself and more healthy. Good luck everyone on your weight loss journeys x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
That’s great that Saxenda has worked a second and third time for you. With me I started gaining weight at an alarming rate as soon as I stopped following a very long stall. When I started back it didn’t work at all. This was after a fantastic initial loss of 31 lbs.

I switched to Ozempic eventually and lost next to nothing over the next couple of months.

I am delighted to say, though, that since October I’m down 19 lbs. I’m very happy with that and now approximately 2.5 stone away from a good weight for me.

Reactions: 6
I've been taking saxenda for nearly a week did anyone find they had eggy burps? I don't eat eggs so it really is odd.

Reactions: 4
Sometimes I read about people loosing huge weight in a week but I wasn't one of those. But from today my bmi is 24.9. Last year it was 34!!

I didn't put it all on in a month either so its unrealistic for me to have expected it to fall off either. Slow and steady wins the race. I've heard alot of stories on media lately. Giving out about cost etc. For me in Ireland I'm getting 5 weeks at .8 at the moment. Still losing v slowly. Might try and get to 10 stone and then go lower on maintenance. the cost is €28 p.w. If I quantified what I spent on slimming clubs, crap food, laxatives, and the cost to my health over the years that isn't outrageous either. I did cambridge years ago and that was €60 p.w. with a very push rep who was heavier then I was!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m long time Tattle lurker but new to this thread. Have just been approved for Rybelsus today and should receive in the next couple of days. Didn’t want to deal with injections although I am not phobic, I’d rather just take a tablet daily. I know some people have asked about the tablets so I’ll try and update. I’ve never used Saxenda or Ozempic so this is my first shot…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi Losers! I’ll be at three weeks tomorrow, and relatively happy with it so far. I was 9lb down in two weeks, and hoping for a couple more tomorrow.
I’ve been injecting before bed, which has been convenient, but I still feel like I’m not really getting my appetite suppressed like everyone raves about - I’m eating less, but could easily eat more, if that makes sense.
I‘m due to go up to 2.4 tonight, but think I’m going to move it to tomorrow morning, do one more dose of 1.8, and see if it makes a difference* - I’ll do another week at 1.8 if I’m feeling dodgy, or if it’s more effective, otherwise I’ll up to 2.4 and work out how to move back to the evening (moving it forward over couple of days I suppose).

*I’ve read it has a half life of 12 hours, so taken that to mean if I’m taking it at night, then Im sleeping through the most effective time. Though possibly also many nausea.

Does anyone know what I’m wanging on about reckon what time they take it make any difference really?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I work nights so sleep all day when I’m working but awake during the day on days off so see both sides. I take mine in the morning after work, usually around 7:30-8am. On days off when I’m awake during the day I take it around 9-10am depending on when I wake up. I don’t notice any difference between taking it then sleeping all day and then eating my main meal over 12 hours after my injection, or taking it and being awake all day and having my main meals within 12 hours of my injection. It suppresses my appetite just as much 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Ah, as I feared - my appetite is doomed to stick around no matter what time I stick it in. I’ll give it a go anyway - saves me a day‘s dose as well! 💉 💰

Reactions: 2
Just received my Rybelsus 3mg. I had wanted to start today but it needs to be taken on an empty stomach and having woken up starving, waiting until the postman came at 12.30pm to take it and 1pm to eat wasn’t going to work. I may be able to take one tonight provided I don’t eat any more today but not sure how realistic that is. I’m going out early tomorrow for the whole day and not sure I want to start this experiment on a day when I’m out, with no knowledge or experience of how I might react so it’s looking like Thursday…

Reactions: 4
Can’t you take it first thing in the morning every day?
Yes, and that’s how most people take it but the packaging says you can take it at any time provided it’s on an empty stomach. I think you are best off eating within 1-2 hours of taking it though, and I don’t usually eat until late morning or lunchtime, and I’m an early riser (5-6am) so I need to work out the best time to take it. My biggest issue is the side effects of nausea, vomiting and possibly diarrhoea and until I’ve worked out if I get any of these and to what extent, I need to start it on a day when I can be at home all day. I’m fortunately off work at the moment with a flexible schedule but tomorrow I’m out all day from early. I do not want to be dealing with those issues whilst I’m moving around London!

One week on and loving Saxenda so far! Has anyone else moving up from 0.6 to 1.2 done it by doing 0.6 in the morning and 0.6 later in the day?
I did this today as I forgot I was due to move up and it seemed to work pretty well - no side effects as yet either.
For anyone interested, I did this for two days to ease myself in to going up to 1.2 (0.6 in the morning and 0.6 in the evening)

I felt a bit sick in the evening after the second dose, but now I'm doing 1.2 in the morning with no side effects at all so I think it did help with easing me up a dose in the way I intended. Obviously I am not a doctor so not advising anyone else does this but just wanted to update with my thoughts on how it went!

I am not weighing myself yet as I don't want to get overly obsessed with the scale but in a week and a half I can already feel my clothes fitting more comfortably. Really impressed so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi all, I've been watching these threads for a while due to the hype of these drugs in the media.
is anyone in this thread taking it that has a BMI lower than the range? I'm a healthy weight but want to use it to get really lean and my friend is able to get some for me. No judgement please but wondered if anyone has taken it who is already a healthy(ish) weight?

Hi all, I've been watching these threads for a while due to the hype of these drugs in the media.
is anyone in this thread taking it that has a BMI lower than the range? I'm a healthy weight but want to use it to get really lean and my friend is able to get some for me. No judgement please but wondered if anyone has taken it who is already a healthy(ish) weight?
Yes. I take it because I suffer from binge eating due to stress and it really helps to control it. My BMI currently is 26 now (came off it and gained) so technically I’m overweight. I’m trying to get back under 25. But it’s on you that you will need to lie about your bmi to get it.

Reactions: 1
You will have to lie about your bmi to get the medication but that's risk to take

Ladies I went up to 3.0 a week ago and it's like it has stopped working. I'm hungry and well able to eat. Any advice for me? I just got 5 new pens so have a month supply at least but don't whether to stay on 3.0and see what happens, Decrease dose or what to do. Help please 😂

Ladies I went up to 3.0 a week ago and it's like it has stopped working. I'm hungry and well able to eat. Any advice for me? I just got 5 new pens so have a month supply at least but don't whether to stay on 3.0and see what happens, Decrease dose or what to do. Help please 😂
I’d be dropping down again, maybe changing the time, injection site, anything really to kickstart it again! If it doesn’t work you might as well be hungry on 2.4 as it’ll be cheaper!

I’ve started getting hungry some days too. Not every day, most days I’m still full but other days, like today, I’m snacking more. I’m going to try splitting my jabs so I have half in the morning and half in the evening. I’ve got 9 pens left and then im going to try ozempic.

Thanks ladies. I might try change injection site firstly but stay on 3.0. Have always injected around my bellybutton in a circle so will try inner thigh and see how that goes for a few days. If that's not working I'll go down to 2.4 and see what happens or maybe try a few days of split dose.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.