Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How did you all decide which method to start with? I’ve been reading this thread from afar and just don’t know whether to take the plunge or not. I’m scared of side effects impacting work/family life but could really do with kickstarting my weight loss.

It’s the horror stories I’ve heard over the years about not being able to get to the toilet on time that do it! X

Reactions: 2
So far so good about 24hrs in. My adhd meds give me a dry mouth so I’m like the Sahara 🤣 and got some acid reflux. Didn’t wolf down the huge work fry up today and opted for a lot less than normal. Baby steps

Hope wegovy is cheaper when it launches 🫠

Reactions: 3
Two weeks in and 5lb down. Am not drinking this weekend as I have to work so I'm hoping my usual pile on over the weekend doesn't happen.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone suffered with low blood sugar off ozempic? I’m only on 0.25 week 2 but think it’s something I’m struggling with. I keep getting dizzy, hot/sweaty, feeling sick, panic phases
Yes I have with Saxenda. But it was due to not eating enough. I just make sure I eat something even if it’s small. And I keep a bag of wine gums in my bag and have one or two if I start to feel it drop. But it happens much less now I force myself to eat something even when I’m not hungry. I was going up to 24hrs without eating before because I didn’t feel any hunger at all.

How did you all decide which method to start with? I’ve been reading this thread from afar and just don’t know whether to take the plunge or not. I’m scared of side effects impacting work/family life but could really do with kickstarting my weight loss.

It’s the horror stories I’ve heard over the years about not being able to get to the toilet on time that do it! X
You won’t have to worry about that. I haven’t had a tit in days 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I was the same! But 1week in tomorrow & zero side effects, little bit constipated though 🤦🏼‍♀️ you definitely will not tit yourself!
I am on Saxenda, first weigh and measure check tomorrow 😀
My appetite is greatly reduced, water intake is high and I think that helps more than anything, I think it was on here that someone said “you need to drink to shrink”
Biggest thing is needing a wee every 20 mins x

For those using myjuniper.co.uk it’s worth knowing that if you click on the ‘cancel’ button it takes you to a form that automatically offers you £50 off one more month if you don’t cancel, so remember to do that on what you anticipate will be your penultimate month!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ladies I'm sorry for posting again would really appreciate if anyone could let me know if they have managed to get saxenda in Dublin over past few days? I have run out the past 3 days so will probably need to start again which is so annoying. My regular pharmacy is out until mid May. I've called chemist warehouse who are also out. Anyone know a pharmacy in Dublin area that has it in stock? Thanks so much.
Hi Ellamay - I have the same issue here in the midlands. Pharmacist said it’s out of stock until May 26th but that you couldn’t rely on that date either, that it could get pushed out 😭 I have two pens left so I’m going to drop my dose from 3.0 to 1.2 to try and eek it out but I’m really worried the hunger will come back with a vengeance. It’s such a pain. Weird how there doesn’t seem to be supply issues in the UK just Ireland 🤷🏻‍♀️ Fingers crossed it will get sorted soon

I feel like the odd one out for having barely any symptoms. I feel really tired about 48 hrs after taking the jab, which lasts for about a day, but aside from that it’s all good 💃🏻

I’ve lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks and if I lose another 7, I’ll be where I want to be.

Sorry to be that smug person, I’m just so surprised at how effective Ozempic is, and how the stone I’ve been trying to lose for a year has literally just come off 🫣😃
When you reach your goal weight what’s your plan? I heard if you stop, the weight comes back

When you reach your goal weight what’s your plan? I heard if you stop, the weight comes back
My plan is to carry on with my new habits ( lots of water, no snacking, small healthy meals) but I think that’s probably easier for someone like me who only had a stone to lose because I suppose my food ‘issues’ weren’t that disordered in the first place? (I don’t mean that to sound like I’m a patronising twit to anyone seriously overweight 🫤)

I’m also going to carry on weighing myself every day as, personally that helps me to be honest with myself and not ignore it when the weight is creeping back. I know it’s considered disordered for some, but it works for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I started with tablets cos I thought that if I felt sick and couldn’t handle it it’d be out of my system quicker than a weekly injection… oh and also injections! Ha.

No they were those dodgy tablets from years ago that made you tit your pants cause they sucked up the fat in your food. They sounded horrific. There’s none of that with these injections. Maybe constipation for a few weeks with saxenda. But that sorts
Itself out.

1st injection done 🎉

I noticed there was some liquid on the needle when I pulled it out. Do you think that means I pulled it out too soon! Or is that normal?

1st injection done 🎉

I noticed there was some liquid on the needle when I pulled it out. Do you think that means I pulled it out too soon! Or is that normal?
How long did you hold down the top for? They say count to 10 once you’ve pressed the jab so it has time to go in fully

How long did you hold down the top for? They say count to 10 once you’ve pressed the jab so it has time to go in fully

Oh ffs, I must have only held it in about 3-5 counts.

Will know for next time 🙈

Honestly it’s normal, you’re supposed to hold it in for 6 seconds but there’s nearly always a tiny drip on the end after. Don’t worry 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
35 lbs is a great loss well done.
Irish supply issues are so headerecking. I was out for a month. Glad to have a pen now but need to not let that happen again. Either ration my pen or get on supply before I run out. I took a dose Wednesday and last night felt awful. Shivering freezing really tired. Ozempic or a bug??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.