Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Whoever asked about the dishoom kits they are 👌👌👌 I'd get them regularly if it werent for the horrendously high delivery charge

(Their fried chicken is also wonderful)

Undereyes are so tricky, its a toss up between natural darkness and caking it on with the inevitable creasing. Alexandra Anele (❤) has her version of Wayne Goss technique I've been trying and quite liking.

1- eye cream
2 - suncream
3 - eyelid primer underneath the eye (she did a lux version and a dupe version and I got the elf eye primer that she used in the dupe)
4 - a little concealer
5 - little powder

(I just realises that noone actually asked for under eye tips but i've already typed it out so 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Reactions: 22

Missypissy

I'm gonna come out and say that in my opinion if anyone is a tattle member and they go and comment on Sali's posts with stuff we've discussed then it's kind of pissing in the popcorn. We don't need to give Snip Snippety extra fodder.

Also the last guardian article...she's so obsessed with speaking to Guardian readers as if they are decidedly only Gen X and above. Very weird obsession with distinguishing herself from millennials and younger. So she's a White middle class Gen X going on Boomer in the Guardian, but then appropriates Gen Z and POC language on twitter. That's very much having he
This is so true. Sali tries on different voices over different platforms and none of them quite fit together.

Perhaps she changes her writing style with her perfume. Dab on a bit of Disingenuous Nana (nostalgic and quirky) A big squirt of 90s Ladette (phoar bantz). Saturday signature scent is Expensive and Gifted (overblown and over complicated but fades very quickly into nothing). Then there's always a hint of her fallback.. Snippy (sharp and makes your eyes water when you get a whiff)

• Haha
  • Heart

Mselvista

VIP Member
The way SH talks about using acid daily in the morning - "why sleep through the glow?" - as though this in some way makes her hard core, or as SH might say "nails", surely contributes to this overuse being seen as desirable. Like people who go on about how hot a curry they can eat, how much alcohol they drink or indeed how strong they like their tea as thoug it's an interesting personality trait or to do otherwise is a sort moral weakness.

• Haha
  • Sad

Word

Why deal in absolutes all the time? Time and time again she does this.

Some of us have time on our hands - I do and some people I know do too. Also some people I know very much don’t. I am able to understand that other people are having a different experience from me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Clovis

VIP Member
Pebble beaches are shit though. I like a sandy beach.

And that's an actual fact.

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
I hope it's indexed, so I can consult it as needed. Also, pocket-sized so I can carry it around to access the prized information at all times. You know, sort of like a phone

• Haha

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Lollllllllz at the Brighton beach is shit poster. Wonder if it's a bot funded by an artisan cola maker? Or a digruntled Kettle Chip PR seeking revenge.

That Feebee is defo the scrappy kid at school who would threaten to get their big hardknock sister on you for giving their mate a dirty look.
FeeBee is just as crass as the rest of them. But then, I’m still smarting over Sali and Fee calling each other “Lezza” and Fee comparing paedophilia to homosexuality. Ignorant bitch.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20

slugella

VIP Member
It’s these sorts of replies that first made me wonder. But then I’d tell myself, why does she have to ‘be nice’ when she’s a woman - as I know I’d reply to messages like that saying something like ‘ooh yes, I agree, thanks’ but I’m a people pleaser and it’s probably not my best trait! I think women should do less of that. BUT - then doesn’t it work both ways, if you’re not going to try to make people like you, can you be so thin skinned when they make it clear they don’t?

If you don’t suffer fools gladly, then a thick skin might also be needed against those that think you’re a fool. Hence again, I could not be an influencer!
This reminded me I saw a reel yesterday which was how to start emailing like a man. And it removed the intro of "i hope this finds you well/I hope you and the team are well" or whatever style intro is chosen. I usually vary it depending on who it is/what relationship we have. And at first I was like oh god I do that.. as if it's negative. But then I thought, we are in a pandemic, people are stressed and overworked, why can't I be nice in an email? I appreciate it when done for me. And why are men automatically doing it right? Maybe THEY should start being called rude. I can't imagine ever seeing a reel aimed to men saying how to email like a woman. Ugh society.

I guess it is a bigger issue as women are expected to always be nice and polite (as you were saying in the quoted post which I agree with) and men can get away with being rude. But I'm happy with how I am, and I'm sick of viral content trying to make me feel bad for it. 😂

• Heart

melfish

VIP Member
Is it at all possible for this woman to wish a friend happy birthday without posting four (4) pictures of herself?

Narcissist.
She wheels them out every year. Look at me! Look at this famous person I know! If you know her so well, why aren't you just telling her in person? She is a straight-up Austen-style social climber. It makes me cringe

• Haha
  • Heart

melfish

VIP Member
Instagram needs to be shot into the sun. What a curse on humanity it is, a bottomless pit of consumerism and comparisons and bragging

• Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Same! If I ever needed a new product I would search 'moisturiser Sali Hughes' and look at her recommendations. I can't believe it now! I wouldn't trust her recommendations now, more like if she advertises something it puts me off.
2012 was all about loitering in Superdrug trying to get enough coverage to Google ‘sali + concealer’. 2021 is... not.

• Haha
  • Heart

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
It was a couple of weeks ago - something along the lines of she had heard positive things but couldn't possibly comment as she it was easier to have a look in the Pope's diary than have communication with them (details here might be wrong - cba to double check). So I presume she had received no freebies at that point.
She's so snippy with black women - first Pat Mcgrath, and now Rihanna. She wouldn't do that with Charlotte fucking Tilbury, would she?

• Angry

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Oh I have ....in the form of Pakistani or Bangladeshi people owning "Indians" haha.

I totally believe white people can cook curry and have every right to cook in whatever style they like. But to open a restaurant is really a different thing. It's the same as yoga teachers who go on a three week retreat as part of their gap yeah and suddenly think they're gurus.

I'm in Thailand and therefore meet quite a lot of those people!
Exactly - it’s cultural appropriation.

We cook all kinds of things at home, but no way do I possess the kind of hubris that it would take to open up an ethnic restaurant! That’s probably why their second restaurant (and very nearly their first restaurant) went under. The people of Guildford are clearly more discerning than the Lipstick Liberals and Tory Loaves of Brighton.

As for Pakistani and Bangladeshi people owning Indian restaurants - I have a good British Bangladeshi friend at work who rails against this notion constantly. “It’s the same fucking food. The Indians didn’t invent it - we were all one country at one point. AAAAARGH!” (He says this all the time! 🤣) He has a very good point!

• Heart
  • Haha

Runestone

It is literally Salis job to reply in a pleasant manner or ignore it. She is supposed to drive positive engagement and brand associations in her comments, as her platform exists to sell. Official brand pages don’t respond to comments the way she does for a reason. Despite what she claims, Sali needs to recognise her Instagram is a business to be run with the same ethics, not a private social for her to chat with her mates.

• Sad

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
The smart woman's guide? Is there an idiot woman's guide equivalent? Can we please stop with this infantilising nonsense of women.

I suspect there is going to be much recycling of the Pool articles in there such as the contraceptive one

• Heart
  • Sad