Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Perpet

The Bravura toners are all lovely.

Ooh. Thanks. Those do look lovely. The shipping would cost a bit, so ordinarily I would stock up on a few bits to justify the cost, but because of bloody Brexit it looks like I may have to pay an unspecified amount of import duty on any order over £20. If I did decide to chance it, are there any of their other products that you recommend?

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
It may well have been deleted by now, but I’d recommend taking a look on GTL if you’re still members. I’d take a screenshot but I’m not very good at searching on FB.

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Ooh. Thanks. Those do look lovely. The shipping would cost a bit, so ordinarily I would stock up on a few bits to justify the cost, but because of bloody Brexit it looks like I may have to pay an unspecified amount of import duty on any order over £20. If I did decide to chance it, are there any of their other products that you recommend?
Bloody Brexit!!

I love the volcanic cleanser which I use as a mask and also the purifying gel cleanser.

Honestly, all the products are lovely though - I've used most!

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I'd actually looked at that one but was a little scared of it being 7% when I've previously only used 5%. Is it much stronger? Also, it's €27 in Spain when it's £6.80 in the UK. I have no idea why toiletries and cosmetics are so much more expensive here! The lactic acid is a more reasonable price but has hyaluronic acid which I've tried to avoid as I never found it effective and sometimes mildly aggravating. I assumed it was just me until some people here posted links about how it can cause reactions (contrary to Sali swearing that it's fine for absolutely everyone everyone.) I've switched back to products with glycerine and found them much better. The mandelic acid is also reasonably priced here but also contains HA. I realise that as prices are generally higher here I may have to pay more than I did in the UK, but paying three times the price for the same product is annoying, especially as my financial situation is a little precarious due to Covid.

I've been thinking about Inkey List. Has anyone tried any of their acids?

Edited to add: Beauty Bay appears to have it in stock for €8.75. The bottle looks a little different but I assume it's legit. In which case, is the 7% really a big step up from 5% or will it likely not make much difference? I'm wary of overdoing it.
The Inkey List PHA toner is lovely. Gives a nice gentle exfoliation, and won’t break the bank - at least not in the UK! Sounds as though prices vary massively over there.

AdoraDelano

Chatty Member
Not specifically Sali, but hypothetically if you had a boyfriend when you were 15 and he was in his mid 20s, could he ever be done retrospectively for that crime?

And I'd forgotten the John Peel 'School girl of the Year' - Wtaf 🤮  🤮 🤮 Around the same time Savile was at Radio 1 too. Lovely.
David Bowie is another untouchable with an extremely dodgy history re underage girls.
He could if the then 15 year old wanted to report it. If it progressed to the charging stage, it'd probably be an unlawful sexual activity charge or something like that.