Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melfish

VIP Member
In other news, Sali helpfully tells a follower that Portrait of a Lady smells like an 18th-century French brothel. So syphilis? Armpits? Drams of cheap brandy?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25

rosemarina

VIP Member
Today’s MBE push in the Guardian starts off “My charity, Beauty Banks, has spent much of this past year redistributing skincare to frontline NHS workers” 🤪🔫.

• Haha
  • Sick

cholulamare

Chatty Member
I don't recall any posts about this but apologies if I'm repeating - the blurb is up for the forthcoming painfully-titled book and I want to smash my head into a wall:
1614625112219.png

It's making me slightly hysterical how much they're hammering that egg-poaching angle (as if Delia didn't do it 20 years ago, oh and THE INTERNET EXISTS)

• Haha
  • Sick

Curio

Chatty Member
If I was a company paying for an ad I’d not be impressed with scrapping in the comments.

melfish

VIP Member
This is just disgusting. Never heard of her, so just googled it. She used claws from panthers, leopards and lynx. Was fined £2,000 :rolleyes: and was given a prescription for diazepam to deal with the stress of the case :LOL:
What's worse, there's obviously a market for this. They walk among us

On that note... These are some of the comments under her post. I could not find the much-referenced "earlier answer", and not for lack of trying. Warm and helpful to her followers, as always 🥴
Why doesn't she just type "fuck you" and be done with it

• Haha
  • Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Plus the timing shows it has got nothing to do with actual nurses and porters struggling with PPE skin issues - as you said Trivia, a full year in - but everything to do with the launch of her charity’s pouches.

As if anyone needs telling not to use flannels or retinol on broken skin. The patronising, disingenuous arse.

She is now actually using the horrendous experiences that NHS staff have gone through to promote her own personal ‘brand’. I don’t think she can sink any lower.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 24

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I'm gonna come out and say that in my opinion if anyone is a tattle member and they go and comment on Sali's posts with stuff we've discussed then it's kind of pissing in the popcorn. We don't need to give Snip Snippety extra fodder.

Also the last guardian article...she's so obsessed with speaking to Guardian readers as if they are decidedly only Gen X and above. Very weird obsession with distinguishing herself from millennials and younger. So she's a White middle class Gen X going on Boomer in the Guardian, but then appropriates Gen Z and POC language on twitter. That's very much having her cake and eating it.

• Heart

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
She’s spent a whole year quacking on (Sali-ism) about Zoom calls, free time & the death of lipstick & only now writes a column about PPE & skincare. Great.

• Angry

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I don't really think it could be argued that donating luxury products to NHS workers is comparable to helping out those in hygiene poverty. Again, the NHS do trojan work and there's no question about that but they're gainfully employed.

I honestly feel it was Sali just attaching herself to the cause du jour. And as I said earlier, other essential workers have been ignored (not just by Sali, but in general). Where was the clap for supermarket workers and so on? Not that a clap solves anything but you know what I mean. They didn't get the recognition

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Eurgh

VIP Member
‘My rich, white, married, freelancer friends with teenage children in private schools and I are infrequently on zoom calls and have so much time on our hands.’

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I will not support Sali’s charity either. I can’t get past how the charity, which is meant to be all about hygiene poverty, gave it’s brand donations to NHS workers. Whilst I completely agree that key workers are deserving of support and praise, they are by no means in hygiene poverty. For me this calls into question the charity’s governance, when on the personal whim of it’s founders / executives, the main objective can be overridden.

No thanks.
I could never get my head round that (and felt mean criticising it) but it made me uncomfortable seeing all the 'pamper packages' with stuff like Charlotte Tilbury, Clarins for NHS staff, while refuges etc got LIDL and Dove.
In the bag reveal when describing the charity aims Sali did not mention the NHS. It was only for people in hygiene poverty.
Would they say that all the money raised goes to hygiene poverty, while prestige donations go where they see fit? I presume Beauty Banks didn't pay for the 'pamper parcels'?
I've worked for a few charities (no doubt in those files - 'charity workers amongst them') and they are all so clear in their aims and objectives, no matter how tempting to change horses mid stream to follow 'fashionable' causes. Plus somewhere it really should have been explained their reasoning for this.

• Heart

Word

It’s funny that she assumes only Tattlers think she’s a twat. And then they can be defined as trolls. And everyone else in the entire world thinks you’re well sound and actually just want to be you. What a comfy spot to be in, to be able to put any criticism in the OH THIS AGAIN THEY’RE MAD AND I’M GOOD PEOPLE ASK EVERYONE ELSE bracket.

Fascinating.

Might try it my next appraisal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry

Wolf359

Chatty Member
This is so gross. FWIW I don’t think men who have sex with girls around 16ish are pedophiles but I DO think they have issues they need to deal with, whether that is fear of women, control, etc etc. It’s not normal.
Ephebophilia is a paraphilia that focuses on teenage girls. Jeffrey Epstein was an ephebophile.
When you put together the facts that as a young teenager Sali was in a relationship with a man who, by her own accounts, sounds like displayed all the traits of an ephebophile; as well as the hilar Twitter bants with convicted paedophile and partner of BFF India Knight, EJ; plus the ‘Ginsberg is just a name what’s all the fuss about?’ minimisation of the pweirdo-worship candle - it all just looks a bit suss. And now we’re reminded that lap-dog Feebs is similarly sympathetic to men who want to sexually abuse children.
Her views and the company she keeps seem to align on this subject.
It’s actually fucking gross. More so even than the dog poo eyeshadow palette and complementary Ford Cortina back seat-brown polo neck.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

rosemarina

VIP Member
It will definitely be:

- you need your girl squad
- the ultimate baked potato (“fight me on this”)
- the maintenance shag 🤢
- the importance of a scent wardrobe
- heels vs flats

🤪

• Haha
  • Sick

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Don't forget that this book was so original that she was forbidden by her publisher to talk about it in case someone stole the idea?!

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Think I'm going to bring out my own book. Instead of calling it Everything is Washable, I'm going to call it Everything is Googlable. And for the section on poached eggs, I'll do a step by step on how to google it. Or a step to by step on how to order a Delia Smith cookbook

And then a section on how to watch YouTube tutorials and some URLs

• Haha
  • Heart