Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s now linked a follower asking about eye cream to the GUARDIAN HOME PAGE... I just can’t! What is going on in her head? How to be more passive-aggressive to your fans day by day?

View attachment 464381

Thousands? 🙄 #thousands
This is really awful. I thought nothing made a difference to dark circles but camouflaging them with makeup? Why send a potential book purchaser on a wild goose chase? What happened to beauty without the bullshit?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I guess she’s a journalist not an answerer of people (unless blue tick).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
That person will now spend 30mins clicking on diff sali guardian articles. Clickbait dickbait

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
If I had the time I would respond to every poster who was met with a useless snippy response with a proper recommendation.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If you don't enjoy helping people and interacting with them you shouldn't be doing what you're doing

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry late to the convo - but skin gets crepey. It just does. No matter what we do. Some people might be fortunate to age without it happening or get filler or whatever but tbh I'm in my early 40s and it's crepey. I'm ok with it.

of course it does, but Sali’s under eyes seem to have become crepey pretty much overnight. And that is not how the ageing process works, thus the speculation.

Reactions: 5
But I thought you didn’t use eye cream Sali?

Also - I get that it must be annoying to be asked all these stupid questions but that is the approachable friendly persona SHE created. She was always below the line on the guardian and she started her own fb group and forum ffs!
Also, she keeps going on about all this time she has on her hands, why not use some of it answering the polite questions she’s being asked?

But I thought you didn’t use eye cream Sali?

Also - I get that it must be annoying to be asked all these stupid questions but that is the approachable friendly persona SHE created. She was always below the line on the guardian and she started her own fb group and forum ffs!
Also, she keeps going on about all this time she has on her hands, why not use some of it answering the polite questions she’s being asked?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
of course it does, but Sali’s under eyes seem to have become crepey pretty much overnight. And that is not how the ageing process works, thus the speculation.
I think even if a 20 year old was using acids on their eyes to the same extent they'd get the same effect. So much aggressive acid toning particularly around the eyes is going to destroy the skin mantle.

Reactions: 3
I think even if a 20 year old was using acids on their eyes to the same extent they'd get the same effect. So much aggressive acid toning particularly around the eyes is going to destroy the skin mantle.
On the Hirons FB group someone posted a picture of their 11 year old with a few pimples on her forehead. I know people are well meaning but omg the advice people were giving, going through the regimes their 8 year olds (for eg) have - including face masks.
And the amount of photos people post with such angry looking inflamed skin - then listing the VAST quantities of stuff they use on a daily basis. As you say a lot of it seems so aggressive. A cocktail of different, possibly competing, ingredients.
Sali and Hirons keeping pushing product after product as normal (as it is in their interests to do so) really cannot be helping this.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The way SH talks about using acid daily in the morning - "why sleep through the glow?" - as though this in some way makes her hard core, or as SH might say "nails", surely contributes to this overuse being seen as desirable. Like people who go on about how hot a curry they can eat, how much alcohol they drink or indeed how strong they like their tea as thoug it's an interesting personality trait or to do otherwise is a sort moral weakness.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I thought it was more the glow it gives, why waste that whilst you’re sparko. I have often thought this myself as I take my clean, moisturised, glowy skin to bed (to look at a glowing screen in the dark).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Same. It’s so annoying how lovely and glowy my skin looks after my nighttime hot cloth cleanse. If only my skin looked as good after my morning cleanse. It’s one of life’s little mysteries isn’t it? Like dirty hair looking better in a style than freshly washed hair etc.

Reactions: 6
I don't recall any posts about this but apologies if I'm repeating - the blurb is up for the forthcoming painfully-titled book and I want to smash my head into a wall:
View attachment 461940

It's making me slightly hysterical how much they're hammering that egg-poaching angle (as if Delia didn't do it 20 years ago, oh and THE INTERNET EXISTS)
This book looks AWFUL. Love the fact the blurb thinks “learning to poach an egg” think someone out there stupid enough to buy a book to learn to poach an egg?
She’s now linked a follower asking about eye cream to the GUARDIAN HOME PAGE... I just can’t! What is going on in her head? How to be more passive-aggressive to your fans day by day?

View attachment 464381

Thousands? 🙄 #thousands
Brilliant. Not even a link to a specific article. Just...here’s the ENTIRE GUARDIAN website. Catch up with some news while you’re scrabbling about my back catalogue to find something I could have found for you in a second. It’s almost like she’s going out of her way to be unhelpful!

• Haha
I thought it was more the glow it gives, why waste that whilst you’re sparko. I have often thought this myself as I take my clean, moisturised, glowy skin to bed (to look at a glowing screen in the dark).
Tp avoid wasting your nighttime glow, just leave the lights on for your maintenance shag. #everythingiswashable

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The way SH talks about using acid daily in the morning - "why sleep through the glow?" - as though this in some way makes her hard core, or as SH might say "nails", surely contributes to this overuse being seen as desirable. Like people who go on about how hot a curry they can eat, how much alcohol they drink or indeed how strong they like their tea as thoug it's an interesting personality trait or to do otherwise is a sort moral weakness.
I saw her say this in an interview with someone and it perplexed me. Acids work by dissolving the stuff that bonds dead skin cells to the rest of your skin, no? This can't happen instantly, surely? I always use an acid toner at night so that I can wash any exfoliated cells away in the morning. I don't like the idea of that happening in the day under my makeup. I also thought her advice of using at night if you are unlikely to bother with SPF baffling. The photosensitivity doesn't just go away after 8 hours. She really doesn't think any of this through.

I'm in need of a recommendation. Used to use the Superdrug Naturally Radiant AHA toner (a Sali recommendation that I actually loved, although I already used Superdrug own brand stuff pretty much exclusively, being an expensive skincare sceptic, which didn't make me popular on the forum.) Last summer I got that REN Ready Steady Glow one in the M&S beauty bag and it was a bit sticky but fine. As I now live in Spain where I can't get my beloved Superdrug I went to Sephora and got some Pixi Glow Tonic. I never get reactions to anything but I got several sore spots. Any recs for internationally available, affordableish, gentle acid toners? I have normal-dry skin.

Even when I was a fan I was horrified by the amount of stuff she applies and recommends others do. IMO the best thing you can do for your skin is basically leave it alone. Cleanse gently, moisturise as needed, use actives sparingly (I only use acids and only twice a week.) Her bare skin looks quite inflamed actually as does that of many influencers, and their advice seems like a surefire way to wreck your skin. But then the more problems they cause, the more tit they can sell you to 'rectify' the problems. Sali's skin would need less 'cosseting' if she left it the duck alone.

Reactions: 15
Once the ground breaking book comes out will her new snippy response be ‘it’s in the book’?

• Haha
It's usually "whole chapter on this in my book" which often means a paragraph.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This book looks AWFUL. Love the fact the blurb thinks “learning to poach an egg” think someone out there stupid enough to buy a book to learn to poach an egg?

Brilliant. Not even a link to a specific article. Just...here’s the ENTIRE GUARDIAN website. Catch up with some news while you’re scrabbling about my back catalogue to find something I could have found for you in a second. It’s almost like she’s going out of her way to be unhelpful!
Just realised this post included a previous one I wrote and then decided not to post as I scrolled down and realised many people had already made the point much better 🤦‍♀️Which reminds me I wanted to ask...how do you delete a post you’ve started but don’t want to use? 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.