Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This wonderful title c/o @SqualorVictoria

Sali is the Guardian Beauty Columnist, active on Twitter and likes the singular (i.e. a good lip).

We were previously discussing baked beans and 'weathery'.

Click on the pink 'wiki' button above for background information.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Did anyone know that Sali’s a size 8.

An important fact to be aware of <taps nose>.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The grifting. The sunglasses on a cloudy day. The excess XS. The sheer bloody awkwardness of it all.

She’s well and truly crossed the Rubicon.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I do hate it when people say the beach their back garden. It’s about 15 mins walk away from where she lives. You can hardly just pop there in your slippers can you.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I was just about to post about Sali’s naff hush ads!

E9A5A78C-6822-4DBC-AC84-3540763F3FD5.png

CA7D2A28-0F3A-4392-966B-EF4FDCA9A081.png

@Mselvista’s post below was bang on the money!!

ETA: is it just me or does Sali’s boot look like the upper is coming apart from the sole? Look at the second pic in the bottom right hand corner. Her style is soooo skanky.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I am CRINGING at how awkward this ad is 😭 and how horrid this outfit is - and I am a fan of all elements (black, animal print, large sunnies etc)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Love a bovver boot myself (the original skinhead culture not quite what most people think of ). Rest of the edit is twee as duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Someone needs to tell Nana skinny jeans are over. This outfit looks like the sort of thing you see in shops that sell terrible cheap clothing as a front for money laundering.

back to lurking now

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Love a bovver boot myself (the original skinhead culture not quite what most people think of ). Rest of the edit is twee as duck.
I like boots too but those ones.. nope! Also I never said anything about skinhead culture or what it means or doesn't, more that to me they look like that style and she can't pull it off!

I am CRINGING at how awkward this ad is 😭 and how horrid this outfit is - and I am a fan of all elements (black, animal print, large sunnies etc)
She used to have such amazing style. Now it's all thrown together in an incoherent mess

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Just a regular day in the life of a journalist/ broadcaster/ vegitarian/ beauty editor columnist/ author general expert on everything.

Throw on a casual relaxed outfit that you would buy even if it wasn't given to you because it's so everyday relaxed wearable that you will live in it. Until your next parcel of free clothes turn up.

Pop on a red lip to defeat pesky global pandemic

And oversized sunglasses. And a hat. For extra shilling opps obvs.

Head to back garden. Which turns out to be a beach. REMEMBER TO SAY HOW LUCKY YOU ARE.

Casually sit on some cold wet pebbles in the weatheryness whilst exuding relaxedyness.

Go home for some kindly gifted beans on toast and some hard agreeing on twitter.

Watch money roll in

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Those jeans look like they are from Camden market and been in the wash too many times. (But I am biased and distrust anyone who considers leopard print a neutral)
I used to love her style (animal print aside)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Those jeans look like they are from Camden market and been in the wash too many times. (But I am biased and distrust anyone who considers leopard print a neutral)
I used to love her style (animal print aside)
Love a bit of leopard although I resemble Bet Lynch more than Kate Moss these days and Covid has put paid to wearing it out and about ......but the jeans on Sali 🙀🙀.

Wear what you like Love but please don’t attempt to be a fashion icon, too try-hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
An example of what happens when one stops dressing for oneself and instead dresses for affiliate links.

So satisfying, so cheering.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.