Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Hope everyone is doing well!

I’m so sorry to disappoint but I’m all shopped out for this year! Don’t think I can take any more scouring of websites. 😂 Of course, if I come across anything of note I will let you all know straight away.

My wife and I are currently sitting on the sitting room floor in our pyjamas eating cheese and crackers and watching our children play. Home Alone 2 is on in the background. We’ve got a bottle of Schloer open...

I’m afraid that’s me for this weekend and considering how tired we both are, I am very happy to have nothing to do!

Sending you all lots of love xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 19

rosemarina

VIP Member
I find it very interesting that in Sali's ad today (Hush pyjamas) she's not wearing any of her Missoma tat. That suggests to me that she is required not to wear anybody's else's items for a paid advert, and that suggests to me that she has a paid arrangement with Missoma, as we suspected.

• Wow
Reactions: 19

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
It's interesting because in my past life I was a SW and obviously met men who had been through the family courts and no longer had any contact with their children. Each of these men could give you a list of reasons as long as his arm why he was a great father.

In reality they were often extremely damaged men whose chaotic and violent lives damaged the women and children they were involved with. My experience of the family courts is that it is scrupulously fair and the childrens needs are at the heart of that. It's a myth that men are arbitrarily punished and banished from childrens lives, the men that are, from what I saw, ALWAYS deserved to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

The Dowager

Chatty Member
Are the mitts tiny? As in they don't completely cover your hand? Or did I buy the wrong ones?
I acknowledge that I have trotters, but I do find them small even before they get wet and shrink.

I was alright putting the first one on but then decided to double mitt, one on each trotter, for synchronised sanding action, and I’m not sure if anyone catching sight of me, butt naked in the shower trying to get my fore trotters in these damn tiny mitts for tiny feminine hands with increasing difficulty as the more I touched them the wetter they got and so the more they shrunk, would’ve found it disturbing or hilarious.

I do like them, but I’ve realised that seeing as I’m spending two weeks with my mother over Christmas and new year I could’ve saved the money and just exfoliated with one of her bath towels...they’re like trying to dry oneself with a loofah 😭

@melfish maybe keep a towel within easy reach so that you can dry your hands mid shower/bath but before you try to put them on?

Hannah Martin (gets mentioned now and again on here) has got her youngest kid advertising nail varnish with her.
I do like her in terms of her tutorials, her depth of knowledge and she does come across as a good egg, but I did feel uncomfortable with this advert. She also posts about the huge quantities of free products she receives, and I wish she’d be more choosy about it, waiting to try it first and then discussing it rather than just showing package after package. She could just do a weekly summary maybe? I don’t think she’s grabby, but I don’t think she’s reading the room.

• Haha
  • Heart

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
And a candle celebrating a paedophile as it's "just a name".

EDIT: Just a name. Like Saville is a name. Like Sutcliffe is a name. Like Bundy is a name. What's in a name people? A rose by any other name would smell as bad.
Its just a name until the name is Sally

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
-make her worried to be alone in a foreign city
-there’s only about 20 of them and she knows where they live and work

Okkkkkkkaaaayyy
Quite.
And let us never forget the only people ever threatened have been us. Pitchforks and beying for blood by her chums. And she knows where we live. It's all in a folder (not sure that is legal BTW :unsure: ) and proudly admitted this to a violent sex offender.
On the one hand she keeps saying how 'normal' we are - 'schoolteachers among them' and how easy it is to be a foul keyboard warrior when we are pathetic fat jealous beef faces who never leave home - the next we are potential deranged homicidal stalkers following her to Paris, constantly ready to pounce and push her under a train (or the metro I suppose).
All because we questioned her ethics and use of botox.
See how daft that sounds.

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
The most egregious part for me is that she tells people not to so much as look at the comments.
Don’t believe your eyes, believe what I tell you.

• Heart
  • Haha

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Evening , I’ve just run a bath with some Radox Lavender and Ylang Ylang salts ( thanks for the recommendation from a lovely Tattler) and I’m waiting on my Korean Exfoliator mitts which are only 6 stops away!!, I’m pretty excited tbh!

Who needs Sali when there’s such a great community here?😚

• Heart

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
I’m really pleased to hear that. I can’t take the credit for it though.

Her name is Jude Chao. I also follow her three fingers method for sunscreen.

Her skin is incredible.

Note to self: don’t wear a black jumper for a close up video about beauty in case dandruff very visible. (EDIT - not Jude. I was referring to the latest cheapskate candle lecture.)

Note to my friends and family: I am very happy with a rip off candle as long as it actually does smell like the real deal. I’d happily take a perfume parlour gift thanks.

Sneering at rip-offs is funny. If the OG products were good value for money, dupes wouldn’t be a thing. The fact is that the huge companies do invest a lot into research and development but they only do that because it makes financial sense. They’re not doing it as a kind favour. They have a monopoly. It’s simply a gap in the market to produce similar products without the advertising and R&D investment for savvy consumers to buy and save themselves some hard earned cash. Of course she wouldn’t want a dupe because she is wallowing in free high end products. What would be the point? But to us teachers/healthcare workers saving for a house, if I can buy a dupe for 10% of the price that’s what I’ll do. I want to look and smell amazing but not at the expense of my life goals. I HATE this guilting pressure on women. Not only do you have to conform and be a pleasant feature in each room but you’ll be paid 10% less, expected to turn up at work at the same time in heels having spent an hour doing hair and make up (exaggeration I know) and please do spare a thought for Leonard who’s big boat needs updating. I mean Jesus!

With Sali she seems to skew so heavily towards supporting the big beauty houses she guilts the consumer in a really mean girl way: get to your beauty counter! Go to a local restaurant in a pandemic! Only buy ‘legit’ overpriced items!

She could never be accused of being a consumer champion. She reminds me literally of a school bully who would be like “why are you wearing those trainers? Ummm okay.” And then eye roll and walk off with her clique.

If a trusted friend of mine with a good nose bought me a really good dupe I’d be made up. Obviously I love the originals too and appreciate the creation and the packaging.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Frankinscence foreplay (Christmas themed edition)
Lipstick and lube

Lipstick and Lube smells like your Nan's favourite lipstick and the bottom of her handbag

• Haha
  • Heart

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I am so lazy, I hardly ever use body lotion. I've only tried the Korean one once so far, and yes, I was a little itchy afterwards. I really need something that reaches my back as I've injured my arm and I probably have barnacles growing back there by now
There ought to be a loofah/Mitt tree attached to the shower all for those hard to reach areas. I'd call it Baloofah. Or Bareback Necessities.

Thank you I'm here all week.

• Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
"an 18-pan nudist colony of brown, terracotta, taupe, gold, pink and beige that flatters anyone, regardless of skin tone."

STOP THIS SHIT!!

• Haha

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I thought the Pixiwoos *were* Real Techniques? Have they sold it to someone then?

BTW @GTL Old-Timer fair play to you. I had my wee grandaughter (9 months) all day today which was so wonderful but omg I am shattered. You and your wife must be superhuman with three. How old are they now? x
We’re permanently exhausted and brain dead. They’re one on Sunday!! 😨

• Heart

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Guess what's arriving in the post today??? Korean Exfoliating mitts. Excitement level is high. I might do a double blast and use them with the sugar scrub I got in my advent calendar. Will I end up looking like someone from Hellraiser?

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
god, how different she looks now
Blimey. That video takes me back to when I thought Sali was a bit of an indy girl - a bit like Clare Grogan. Amazed now to think I actually admired and liked her and trusted her recommendations. She seemed quite an interesting person in the beauty world.
What. The. Fuck. Happened. She turned into such a generic bland shiller.

• Heart
  • Sad