Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Korean ones, at least the ones I got, are very small. These look good for reaching your back

(Just bought a couple :LOL:)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The Korean ones, at least the ones I got, are very small. These look good for reaching your back

(Just bought a couple :LOL:)
The Salux ones are amazing for getting all over your body, though as a disclaimer I have unusually long arms and don't have much of an issue anyway :D It is very rough though, and if I didn't lotion up afterwards I'd feel pretty scaly and probably itchy. I'm guessing that's the same with these Korean ones though.

Reactions: 4
The Salux ones are amazing for getting all over your body, though as a disclaimer I have unusually long arms and don't have much of an issue anyway :D It is very rough though, and if I didn't lotion up afterwards I'd feel pretty scaly and probably itchy. I'm guessing that's the same with these Korean ones though.
I am so lazy, I hardly ever use body lotion. I've only tried the Korean one once so far, and yes, I was a little itchy afterwards. I really need something that reaches my back as I've injured my arm and I probably have barnacles growing back there by now

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I am so lazy, I hardly ever use body lotion. I've only tried the Korean one once so far, and yes, I was a little itchy afterwards. I really need something that reaches my back as I've injured my arm and I probably have barnacles growing back there by now
Oh I do it out of necessity only as it's starting to get wintery and snowy here. I used to have bacne (sorry, I know nobody wants to read that) and got myself this thing a couple of years ago though and would recommend. I didn't do the fiddly fill-it-up-with-lotion thing because I'm not that arsed, but I'd squeeze some cream or whatever onto it and just slob it around on my back. If that review won't tempt you, I don't know what will 😂https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/roll-a-lotion-body-lotion-applicator/1012972423

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Morning, just reporting in that the bath salts were fab , slept like a log and the mitt worked a treat!

I didn’t sit long enough ( someone else wanted a half time bath , 🙄bloody football) for proper dead skin rolling action but I’m still happy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I find it very interesting that in Sali's ad today (Hush pyjamas) she's not wearing any of her Missoma tat. That suggests to me that she is required not to wear anybody's else's items for a paid advert, and that suggests to me that she has a paid arrangement with Missoma, as we suspected.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I see there’s a new insta post up. Hush PJs (it’s an AD but also definitely not an AD as She Paid For Them)
Usual awkward photos - this time wrapping some Xmas presents. Oh apparently she’s a size 8. Who knew? 😉

(Also I tend to just lurk on these threads but wanted to say thank you for all the beauty recommendations. The Korean mits are amazing! What a lovely, helpful bunch of beef faced trolls you are)

Reactions: 16
I find it very interesting that in Sali's ad today (Hush pyjamas) she's not wearing any of her Missoma tat. That suggests to me that she is required not to wear anybody's else's items for a paid advert, and that suggests to me that she has a paid arrangement with Missoma, as we suspected.
I just had a peep and she is wearing the little padlock chain which she has previously said is from Missoma. You can just see it peeking out of the top of the PJs. I'm embarrassed for her with this Hush "ongoing partnership" but guyzzzzz I REALLY WAS GOING TO BUY MY FRIENDS HUSH CASHMERE SOCKS. NO, REALLY I WAS. NO, YOU'RE A LIAR!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Damn I love this thread. Since Sali's documentary hype died down, the thread moved into general beauty chit chat. There was barely a whisper about Sali, apart from the odd comment about her foundation, outfit, dodgy writing skills and changing face shape (all of which relate to her public profession, I hasten to add).

Then Sali goes on some podcast and makes some Tweets to talk about "her" trolls, and suddenly the thread shifts back to her. Remarkable that, isn't it? We should probably do a poll of how many of us found this thread because of her endless comments about trolls and the like.

Other stray thoughts:
- I love the Korean mitt idea and I really want to try
- Home Bargains is *the* best place to find candles. They have a brand that is basically the same as Yankee candles but a fraction of the price, and they smell amazing. It's just £2.99 for a huge full-sized candle that will last you months
- For local gift ideas, I have bought my family local pottery this year because a man was selling beautiful bowls for £10 each that are all unique and one of a kind. (There are also lots of struggling artists on Instagram selling bespoke portraits if you have a bit extra to spend.) I then got my best friend an adorable mini travel jewellery holder because she was paranoid about losing her engagement ring at the gym.
- If you're doing Secret Santa, but want to take the stress out of it, you can do Secret Sock Santa you give someone a pair of socks based on their personality. It's affordable and hilarious, and most people get really nice socks that make a change from their usual multi-pack pairs. I've suggested it to my work this year because trying to find a gift for someone that's under £5 is painful.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just had a peep and she is wearing the little padlock chain which she has previously said is from Missoma. You can just see it peeking out of the top of the PJs. I'm embarrassed for her with this Hush "ongoing partnership" but guyzzzzz I REALLY WAS GOING TO BUY MY FRIENDS HUSH CASHMERE SOCKS. NOT REALLY I WAS. NO YOU'RE A LIAR!
I think all the over the top declarations - 'AD but but but but but I was buying it anyway, my earrings were PAID FOR, my curtains were a previous brand affiliation but in NO WAY under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES is an AD now, just coincidence and I paid for (some of it), the rest I was under no obligation to post anything* (*gifted)' just makes her seem a thousand times more shady and dishonest. If she was trying to actually be transparent (I appreciate none of them are - I've seen a lot of Hush sneaky gifted ads popping up on influencer's pages, plus all the usual frantic unboxing of luxury items with no mention of ads) she could just write in nice big letters AD. That's literally it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I think all the over the top declarations - 'AD but but but but but I was buying it anyway, my earrings were PAID FOR, my curtains were a previous brand affiliation but in NO WAY under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES is an AD now, just coincidence and I paid for (some of it), the rest I was under no obligation to post anything* (*gifted)' just makes her seem a thousand times more shady and dishonest. If she was trying to actually be transparent (I appreciate none of them are - I've seen a lot of Hush sneaky gifted ads popping up on influencer's pages, plus all the usual frantic unboxing of luxury items with no mention of ads) she could just write in nice big letters AD. That's literally it.
Yes! Exactly. She comes across as completely untrustworthy and insincere.

Edit: I mean this is what we have suspected for years anyway but nice of her to confirm it like this.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh yes, you're absolutely right, sorry.
I was amazed she didn't mention the 25% Black Friday Missoma code that many others did. This makes me wonder about the nature of her relationship with them. Maybe they just give her a very generous discount and she has a casual requirement to wear them on her Instagram. Because, for example, The Anna Edit and Tanya Burr, appear to have different requirements (they actually do adverts for the jewellery discussing it). But, they dont actually seem to wear the jewellery that much like Sali does.

Sorry, very boring. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
The cashmere sock advert isn't working for me. Isn't she always going on about how small her feet are and the socks are one size? No chance.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Full on grifter now isn’t she? Between that, the barrage of lies and the narcissism I wonder if she is actually related to Trump.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
There ought to be a loofah/Mitt tree attached to the shower all for those hard to reach areas. I'd call it Baloofah. Or Bareback Necessities.

Thank you I'm here all week.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Morning, just reporting in that the bath salts were fab , slept like a log and the mitt worked a treat!

I didn’t sit long enough ( someone else wanted a half time bath , 🙄bloody football) for proper dead skin rolling action but I’m still happy.
I don't get dead skin rolling action either - but I love how they feel on the skin.

For those of you that are jumping on the Korean scrubby towels, has anyone used a Salux cloth? I have one and love it, but could easily be swayed towards this Korean brand if it's better. Salux is this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=salux&i=beauty&ref=nb_sb_noss&tag=limego-20
I bought the same sort of thing from The Body Shop some years ago and looked it out this week after all the talk of Korean mitts! I've just discovered that they're still selling them. They're great. Nice size that's really good for giving your back a satisfyingly scratchy scrub and fully waking up your skin and my scaly shins are much improved. Body Shop Body Polisher

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.