Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. It has been covered here before. At length.
Personally, I've never seen anything in her output that I would consider racism.

The only discussion I remember on the subject were some comments to the effect that it was quite a while before she'd included a non-white person in her 'In the bathroom with' videos.

Also I think there was some discussion about a member of her FB group, ages ago, commenting on what they considered to be a racist remark made by a friend of hers (CM?) and SH defending it? Possibly leading to that member being expelled from the FB group? And then, recently, SH twisting that around into her having expelled that member for making a racist comment? Was there also something about her seeming to imply that there had been anti-semitic comments here (which of course there hadn't)? A lot of question marks, sorry. Just trying to recall discussion here about racism.

Reactions: 3
In terms of Sali’s racism: her participation in misogynoir at Dianne Abbot’s expense; her exclusion of any kind of commentary on the abuse Dianne Abbot and other people of colour have faced in her Troll documentary - choosing instead to focus on only white victims; her repeated exclusion of people of colour from her ITBS (this has been covered in a four part blog post by Arly of @DetailOrientatedBeauty); her dismissive attitude to Asian Beauty preferring instead to focus on Western Beauty norms; her failure to interview Gothamista when she was in the U.K. despite high profile people like Sam Bunting and Nadine filming with her; her double standards regarding Rihanna and Madonna; her friendship with apologists for racism like Caitlin Moran; calling Ateh’s Beauty Box “bougie” (a black term for aspirational. Has she ever said of a white beauty box that they’re being aspirational?!) ... and that’s just off the top of my head.

All of the above has been discussed on Tattle. All of the above IS racism.

—————

There’s a fantastic article that was shared on SHB back in the day called I, Racist by John Metta. I urge people to read it. In it, he says the following:

“Racism is not slavery. As President Obama said, it’s not avoiding the use of the word ******. Racism is not white water fountains and the back of the bus. Martin Luther King did not end racism. Racism is a cop severing the spine of an innocent man. It is a 12 year old child being shot for playing with a toy gun in a state where it is legal to openly carry firearms.

But racism is even more subtle than that. It’s more nuanced. Racism is the fact that “White” means “normal” and that anything else is different. Racism is our acceptance of an all white Lord of the Rings cast because of historical accuracy, ignoring the fact that this is a world with an entirely fictionalized history.

Even when we make tit up, we want it to be white.

And racism is the fact that we all accept that it is white. Benedict Cumberbatch playing Khan in Star Trek. Khan, who is from India. Is there anyone Whiter than Benedict bleeping Cumberbatch? What? They needed a “less racial” cast because they already had the Black Uhuracharacter?

That is racism. Once you let yourself see it, it’s there all the time.”

The article’s here:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
In terms of Sali’s racism: her participation in misogynoir at Dianne Abbot’s expense; her exclusion of any kind of commentary on the abuse Dianne Abbot and other people of colour have faced in her Troll documentary - choosing instead to focus on only white victims; her repeated exclusion of people of colour from her ITBS (this has been covered in a four part blog post by Arly of @DetailOrientatedBeauty); her dismissive attitude to Asian Beauty preferring instead to focus on Western Beauty norms; her failure to interview Gothamista when she was in the U.K. despite high profile people like Sam Bunting and Nadine filming with her; her double standards regarding Rihanna and Madonna; her friendship with apologists for racism like Caitlin Moran... and that’s just off the top of my head.

All of the above has been discussed on Tattle. All of the above IS racism.

—————

There’s a fantastic article that was shared on SHB back in the day called I, Racist by John Metta. I urge people to read it. In it, he says the following:

“Racism is not slavery. As President Obama said, it’s not avoiding the use of the word ******. Racism is not white water fountains and the back of the bus. Martin Luther King did not end racism. Racism is a cop severing the spine of an innocent man. It is a 12 year old child being shot for playing with a toy gun in a state where it is legal to openly carry firearms.

But racism is even more subtle than that. It’s more nuanced. Racism is the fact that “White” means “normal” and that anything else is different. Racism is our acceptance of an all white Lord of the Rings cast because of historical accuracy, ignoring the fact that this is a world with an entirely fictionalized history.

Even when we make tit up, we want it to be white.

And racism is the fact that we all accept that it is white. Benedict Cumberbatch playing Khan in Star Trek. Khan, who is from India. Is there anyone Whiter than Benedict bleeping Cumberbatch? What? They needed a “less racial” cast because they already had the Black Uhuracharacter?

That is racism. Once you let yourself see it, it’s there all the time.”

The article in question can be found here:

Ah yes, I do remember seeing that tweet relating to DA (not at the time but since).

Reactions: 1
In other news:

1. My hairdryer hasn’t arrived yet (tracking shows it’s being held up by Royal Mail 😭)

2. Has anyone tried the mascara reviver from BeautyPie? HannahMartin has done (yet another) sponsored video and it looks fab.

Reactions: 2
"I started using the mascara reviver at the start of lockdown. Or maybe it was early summer?" This is why I can't stand IGTV, too rambly! I wish the written word would become popular again

Reactions: 12
"I started using the mascara reviver at the start of lockdown. Or maybe it was early summer?" This is why I can't stand IGTV, too rambly! I wish the written word would become popular again
I've completely stopped trusting IG for reviews when they are ADs 😬 They have the opposite affect now and actively turn me off products haha. Some influencers are doing sooooo many as well they can't possibly rate all the things they are selling.

Reactions: 10
I've completely stopped trusting IG for reviews when they are ADs 😬 They have the opposite affect now and actively turn me off products haha. Some influencers are doing sooooo many as well they can't possibly rate all the things they are selling.
I feel the same way about much of what Hannah Martin flogs on IG. One minute she swears by Shiseido skincare, the next it’s Lancôme! Make your mind up, woman.

Still, we did get to see that mascara in action and it looked AWESOME.

Reactions: 8
How in God’s name she manages not to get it all over her lids is beyond my. I end up looking like Jack Sparrow

• Haha
She also hugely fetishises Jewish men which I have always found totally off and so bloody reductive. So you ‘have a thing’ for Jewish men - what, all of them? Philip Green? My uncle Maurice? Thought not. No receipts but I remember her frequently saying things about it and her wedding announcement thing was something like ‘he likes small people and I like big noses’. Plus all the I WAS AT A FAMILY BAT MITZVAH stuff. I don’t know if it’s full on racism but it’s othering and I don’t like it.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
She also hugely fetishises Jewish men which I have always found totally off and so bloody reductive. So you ‘have a thing’ for Jewish men - what, all of them? Philip Green? My uncle Maurice? Thought not. No receipts but I remember her frequently saying things about it and her wedding announcement thing was something like ‘he likes small people and I like big noses’. Plus all the I WAS AT A FAMILY BAT MITZVAH stuff. I don’t know if it’s full on racism but it’s othering and I don’t like it.
YES. Racial fetishization is racism too. How is it appropriate to say you prefer a particular race of people?! It would be like me saying I was attracted to my wife because I have a thing for black women. No. No, thank you. That’s not flattering at all.

Perhaps she likes the status of being a shiksa wife?? She is so screwed up!

Reactions: 16
Did anyone listen to Michaela Coel on the Louis Theroux Grounded podcast? She talks about fetishisation on racial characteristics and appearance - it’s a really interesting interview. I bloody love her so may be biased.

Just an observation re Hannah Martin’s make up - it looked too shiny for me, that highlighter wasn’t doing it for me. The mascara reviver looks pretty good.

@GTL Old-Timer I hope your hairdryer turns up soon for @melfish’s sake :)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Did anyone listen to Michaela Coel on the Louis Theroux Grounded podcast? She talks about fetishisation on racial characteristics and appearance - it’s a really interesting interview. I bloody love her so may be biased.

Just an observation re Hannah Martin’s make up - it looked too shiny for me, that highlighter wasn’t doing it for me. The mascara reviver looks pretty good.

@GTL Old-Timer I hope your hairdryer turns up soon for @melfish’s sake :)
I’ll check that podcast out later, thanks.

And who can ever forget the airy dismissal of Nazism as 'dodgy politics'?
Well, exactly. The horrific slaughter of eleven million people (not including Soviet victims), over half of them Jews and Romani who were deliberately singled out for annihilation, all neatly reduced to “dodgy politics”.

She is such a nasty piece of crap

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
And a candle celebrating a paedophile as it's "just a name".

EDIT: Just a name. Like Saville is a name. Like Sutcliffe is a name. Like Bundy is a name. What's in a name people? A rose by any other name would smell as bad.

• Angry
And a candle celebrating a paedophile as it's "just a name".

EDIT: Just a name. Like Saville is a name. Like Sutcliffe is a name. Like Bundy is a name. What's in a name people? A rose by any other name would smell as bad.
Its just a name until the name is Sally

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.