Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The nozzle applicator looks so much handier than the P50 one I have, that's a spray. I can't wait for it to finish so I can try this but there's bloody loads left!
Buy a cheap bottle with a nozzle from Amazon or B&M etc that you can decant your p50 into.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
They said something like sorry to be pedantic but it's not the name of the glass jar, it's a small size of candle. She said be as pedantic as you like, I'm all for it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m really pleased to hear that. I can’t take the credit for it though.

Her name is Jude Chao. I also follow her three fingers method for sunscreen.

Her skin is incredible.

Note to self: don’t wear a black jumper for a close up video about beauty in case dandruff very visible. (EDIT - not Jude. I was referring to the latest cheapskate candle lecture.)

Note to my friends and family: I am very happy with a rip off candle as long as it actually does smell like the real deal. I’d happily take a perfume parlour gift thanks.

Sneering at rip-offs is funny. If the OG products were good value for money, dupes wouldn’t be a thing. The fact is that the huge companies do invest a lot into research and development but they only do that because it makes financial sense. They’re not doing it as a kind favour. They have a monopoly. It’s simply a gap in the market to produce similar products without the advertising and R&D investment for savvy consumers to buy and save themselves some hard earned cash. Of course she wouldn’t want a dupe because she is wallowing in free high end products. What would be the point? But to us teachers/healthcare workers saving for a house, if I can buy a dupe for 10% of the price that’s what I’ll do. I want to look and smell amazing but not at the expense of my life goals. I HATE this guilting pressure on women. Not only do you have to conform and be a pleasant feature in each room but you’ll be paid 10% less, expected to turn up at work at the same time in heels having spent an hour doing hair and make up (exaggeration I know) and please do spare a thought for Leonard who’s big boat needs updating. I mean Jesus!

With Sali she seems to skew so heavily towards supporting the big beauty houses she guilts the consumer in a really mean girl way: get to your beauty counter! Go to a local restaurant in a pandemic! Only buy ‘legit’ overpriced items!

She could never be accused of being a consumer champion. She reminds me literally of a school bully who would be like “why are you wearing those trainers? Ummm okay.” And then eye roll and walk off with her clique.

If a trusted friend of mine with a good nose bought me a really good dupe I’d be made up. Obviously I love the originals too and appreciate the creation and the packaging.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
👏👏 @BostonFernGreen. Also, I don't know about any of you lot, but I burn candles chiefly for the ambience. A gorgeous scent is a bonus. I'd rather not light the candle at all than snuff it out after 30 mins. The way she concluded her spiel with, "That is the rule" made me turn her off. Bossy cow

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I buy the Olaplex salon treatment (i.e. Olaplex No1 and No 2) from ebay. It's a bit of faff to do at home because the No1 is just like water and runs down your face (or back) a bit. Would be much easier though if you've got someone who can do it for you so that you can keep your head back as if at a hairdresser's backwash.

My hair is fairly fine and has lost its erstwhile youthful shine - so what I want from a product is to add shine and volume. Olaplex adds smoothness and shine, probably better than anything else I've tried, but not volume.

I've followed your tip for using glycolic acid on the scalp and I think it's really helped with volume.
Interesting about the glycolic acid. How do you apply it? Spray?

I’m really pleased to hear that. I can’t take the credit for it though.

Her name is Jude Chao. I also follow her three fingers method for sunscreen.

Ahh! Never mind @Aude @GTL Old-Timer kindly provided video.

I love Fiddy Snails! She has been going for years, her and Musings of Muse are the OG Korean skincare enthusiasts. On her blog ages ago she had this before and after photo from starting with her many layered skincare approach until then and you could truly see an difference in skintone, pigmentation etc.

Her dedication to her skincare regime is awesome. I'm too lazy to go the whole hog but her general approach is (y) (y)

Reactions: 4
I have one of those scalp massager things. I used it before and I started to see quite a bit of breakage around my roots, so I stopped. Being in a Tier 4 induced funk meant it had been far too long since I washed my hair, so I’ve used it this morning to really help clean my scalp. Very interested by using glycolic acid on my scalp, one to try I think!

Reactions: 3
I want to know more about this scalp tool... I have absolutely loads of hair but it's fine and goes lank/greasy pretty quickly. It fares slightly better if I wash less frequently, but then I get product build up and sometimes dandruff. Is this for me? Will it work if I only use it once/twice a week?

I want to know more about this scalp tool... I have absolutely loads of hair but it's fine and goes lank/greasy pretty quickly. It fares slightly better if I wash less frequently, but then I get product build up and sometimes dandruff. Is this for me? Will it work if I only use it once/twice a week?
I use one my hair is thick but gets oily and then dandruff. It's definitely made a difference for me - hair is less greasy and dandruff gone

I have one of those scalp massager things. I used it before and I started to see quite a bit of breakage around my roots, so I stopped. Being in a Tier 4 induced funk meant it had been far too long since I washed my hair, so I’ve used it this morning to really help clean my scalp. Very interested by using glycolic acid on my scalp, one to try I think!
Yeah it definitely looks too aggressive for my fragile, dying hair.

I think it will - I wash my hair twice a week. It's curly and I use a lot of product, so can get build-up on my scalp. This gently dislodges any crap I've got there so I love mine. It's a generic cheap one I got at a beauty supply store (looks like this). I did use one with larger prongs before but didn't feel like it had enough give.

They said something like sorry to be pedantic but it's not the name of the glass jar, it's a small size of candle. She said be as pedantic as you like, I'm all for it
I'm surprised that person wasn't blocked and dismissed as a rabid racist troll.
I really am also quite surprised Sali didn't know this about votives - surely a huge candle fan should know?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.