Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ETA and paying someone to do a programme on a topic they admit they have done no research on? Why has no one questioned her on this? She says she relies on third party anecdotal evidence as she can't bring herself to look here (*let's pretend we believe this*). As Judge Judy would say 'don' t tell me what other people said to you - heresay'.
This!!!
It's a narrative I've found really odd. If her friends are just feeding details back to her unsolicited, then why are your friends with people who actively seek out gossip about you?!?

If you're actively asking people to check for you, than any resulting anguish is on you. There's a youtuber who admitted that she would actively seek out vitriolic threads and posts about herself as a form of self harm. It's really not healthy and needs serious support for this.

I think she once also said she had printouts of the worst of the sewer rat discussions.
This thread is very fair and considered from what I've seen. Especially compared to say Lydia Millen's thread.

Reactions: 8
The most egregious part for me is that she tells people not to so much as look at the comments.
Don’t believe your eyes, believe what I tell you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The most egregious part for me is that she tells people not to so much as look at the comments.
Yes, the "even if you don't engage you are a part of the problem" (I'm paraphrasing here) and "make saint Anthony cry" (and here).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
'A bit of a storm about it on Twitter' with female celebrities joining in. Poor Lauren 😞
What is Sali saying about it now?
How can she go on record with one story, then invent a completely new one that exonerates herself and expect no one will notice? I don't trust a word that comes out of her mouth
@SqualorVictoria Can you please link to where you heard/read the new and improved version?

Reactions: 7

Yel

Yep, don't you ever go and check what I say because that would not be very sisterly. Just accept what I say and turn off any thinking.

Understandably someone can't go and read all the threads to catch up. But they can very easily view the most liked posts throughout all the threads to get a good idea in a few minutes :D https://tattle.life/tags/sali-hughes/most-liked

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
So she doesn't read here, just relies on secondhand reports, and that was sufficient for the BBC to commission her "documentary"? "My friends tell me they say awful things every day but I haven't confirmed this myself." Disgraceful. As was the editing to suggest she'd been the victim of death threats. And then she makes that ridiculous plea at the end to guilt-trip people into not seeing for themselves - because of course then they would find out it's all hysterical bollocks, bollocks with a hidden agenda

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Yes what were the insults?

The crossover (from Tattle) that so riled her were questions about Botox in Instagram comments right?

Any insults, not that I can recall reading any although there has been some pretty severe criticism, will have been on Tattle so is she referring to her threads? Not @ her, so the definition of not a troll I think. Although I assume she doesn’t rate that distinction.

Edit: Ah, I have that wrong. Trolling is any form of online harassment according to, yes you guessed it, Wiki.

Edit: Wiki also says it can be used wrongly to describe anyone with a controversial or differing opinion.

I’m done.
As wiki can be edited by anyone I wouldn't place too much stock on the definition. If I don't like a film and discuss it here on Tattle, I'm not trolling.

In fairness, she doesn't say we don't contact her directly; she says she doesn't receive 'hate mail' but that people have left 'direct insults' on her 'page'. That's direct contact and would definitely be trolling / harassment, but I can't help but think she's used deliberately wooly terms to prevent any verification. What is her 'page'? One of her social media accounts? Her website? I've said this before, but I've never seen anything like this - but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. People could be constantly trolling her in IG comments and she could be deleting them, they could be harassing her in her DMs. If that is happening, I don't know what makes her so sure that it's Tattle users doing it. Personally, I don't believe it's happening (apart from maybe the odd unkind comment that most influencers and people in the public eye would expect). She's still conflating non-tagged gossip with trolling, and I don't know why more people don't see through it. I'm tired.
Hate mail is a broad term, I believe. It used to refer to letters by post but obviously the medium of communications has now increased so if Sali were getting 'hate mail' via DM on instagram she would be quick to point it out

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Curious as to what law(s) you think she's breaking? I've said before, but I don't think she's breaching GDPR unless it involves data she may have gathered through her website, then there could potentially be a breach.
Ah thank you. I must've got the wrong end of the stick.
I know she contacted a former forum member who posted here briefly. Sali contacted her to say she knew her name and where she lived, her job and also obscure details I won't go into. Also that this member had contacted Sali whilst in the group 'begging' for freebies - (she hadn't - Sali had put out a call for testers for a certain product and this person responded).
Does this count as data she gathered through her website?
I have no idea.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
She could argue that it was reasonable to collect and use the data in that way because her personal safety was at risk.
For there to be any action it relies on somebody making a complaint to the ICO, which means you would need to identify yourself as possibly being a troll....
They wouldn’t “raid” her house for the folder. They would just write to her.

Reactions: 2

Yel

Ah thank you. I must've got the wrong end of the stick.
I know she contacted a former forum member who posted here briefly. Sali contacted her to say she knew her name and where she lived, her job and also obscure details I won't go into. Also that this member had contacted Sali whilst in the group 'begging' for freebies - (she hadn't - Sali had put out a call for testers for a certain product and this person responded).
Does this count as data she gathered through her website?
I have no idea.
You've raised a very good point. Sali has said she's gathered names, addresses, job titles, employers details. She herself is a business and is this personal data stored on equipment bought/owned by her company PRETTY HONEST LIMITED, Company number 09066915?

What personal data is being stored by pretty honest limited? Is it secure? Was there any consent? For what purpose? Even if she was able to find it by stalking social media that wasn't locked down that doesn't give her a carte blanche to do what she likes as she seems to believe.

Sali puts herself in quite a muddle as per usual as she's really not very bright.

I doubt she really has this data, but she's being pretty stupid using it as a tool to try to scare and intimidate.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Evening , I’ve just run a bath with some Radox Lavender and Ylang Ylang salts ( thanks for the recommendation from a lovely Tattler) and I’m waiting on my Korean Exfoliator mitts which are only 6 stops away!!, I’m pretty excited tbh!

Who needs Sali when there’s such a great community here?😚

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sali is rather smug about referencing job/workplace/employer and that “they work in regulated industries” I’m not sure that the Law Society or NMC are going to launch a “fitness to practice” investigation about a member having an anonymous profile questioning someone’s honesty/Botox/make up choices. With Sali’s folder of “easy to track down on the internet” based evidence which proves beyond any doubt who owns the anonymous account.
How are journalists regulated?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I posted a little while back about how she seemed to be rewriting her backstory to present herself in a better light https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hughes-22-pretty-narcissistic.10077/page-19#post-2587924.

There were three things I'd noticed - how she got the Guardian column, why she posted her IG video and why she removed some people from her FB group.
Yes, the racism/threats thing is new. The arrogance of her thinking she can just rewrite the narrative with impunity!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.